#141 Gibson Ibanez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:37 PM

See you on the battlefield,

Jack McKnight.

Edited by Jack McKnight, 07 July 2016 - 02:56 PM.

#142 Horse Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 08 July 2016 - 07:02 AM

View PostJack McKnight, on 06 July 2016 - 07:37 PM, said:

See you on the battlefield,

Jack McKnight.

Just Pray you are on my side so that you can live to tell about it. ha

#143 Gibson Ibanez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 231 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:00 PM

Just pray that I am not piloting my Spirit Bear when we meet.......... :P

#144 Gibson Ibanez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 06:09 PM

Played a match on the Canyon network and was fortunate to break 1000 damage. 1069 to be pedantic.

Again, a lot of you guys have helped rookies like me with advice, builds, group games played with us, and videos. Thanks very much. *HOLDS UP COLD BEER IN SALUTE*

Yes, I will stop posting in this thread and let it die, but not without showing respect for the ones that have helped me. B)

#145 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 09:40 AM

"Heroic threads never die.
They just....fade away."
(G.I. Joe reference)

Also if you're available Thursday I now have two Crabs to grind and also would enjoy some coordinated engagements if you and Horsepryde might be available.

#146 Gibson Ibanez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 231 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:54 PM

Sounds good to me. I will be on that evening. We are starting a BIG job Thursday so I will probably be on between 6 and 7.

I am trying to master my Kodiaks. I will watch your back and follow your lead.

Edited by Jack McKnight, 12 July 2016 - 02:56 PM.

#147 Horse Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:07 AM

I should be available after 7pm central time Thursday. I would love to get a coordinated drop in. I could use all the help I can get as I've hit a bit of an improvement wall.

I have been looking at adding another collection of Mech's to my current DireWolfs and Kodiaks, ive preorded the Huntsman and am looking hard at the Linebacker (the long wait is making it tough). But I still want to get a King Crab and Timberwolf.

Had my best and worst games ever back to back yesterday. I had a 780 damage, 3 kill 8 kill assist drop that netted me 300K+ Cbills in a none 30% boost mech and followed it up by getting poptarted by a timberwolf and shadowcat who both alpha striked and it killed me instantly, :42 seconds in after id done 34 damage. It was an impressive tactic on their part.

Edited by Horse Pryde, 13 July 2016 - 07:08 AM.

#148 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:32 AM

Poptarts are a pain but if you see them before they zero in on you and have suitable weaponry they are easy to deal with. Three PPCs or twin gauss. Side torso. Sometimes you need to say "Die" twice.

Looking forward to running a bit of a Lance with designated tanker, fire support. Last time I did this had one tanker, two ballistic boats (one DPS, one heavy hitter) and a missile boat. Works good. Want something a little more dynamic and given the assault collection we will probably have two Mechs alternating as "tanker".

I'm on Eastern. Will be able to play til about 11 pm at the latest.

#149 Horse Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:39 AM

I have my direwolves each set up a bit different. I can brawl, snipe, dakka dakka or gauss depending on what you need me to bring.

#150 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:53 AM

Jack probably doesn't have a Dire Wolf. Had a thought though of three Dire wolves. Death comes...slowly.

I could sport a Kitfox with ECM and three AMS and ride on your back while serving as a turret. But while hilarious, I'm not sure if PGI would approve despite it being the opposite of the exploit they have a problem with, (jump a Dire Wolf on a Locust, have Dire Wolf on other side of map before the minute-and-a-half mark.)

Will probably stick to 50 tons and up.

That's me counting.

Edited by Koniving, 13 July 2016 - 07:53 AM.

#151 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:03 AM

I'm at over 190 Mechs. So I'm actually open to ideas of what kind of Lance you two would like to see in action. Got Clan and IS. Not sure if Jack's got Clan.

I am looking forward to filming it for youtube. Don't suppose either of you can film too? Being able to split screen makes for awesome footage.

#152 Gibson Ibanez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:22 AM

Sorry bud, but I am not set up to record. I do not even know where to start.

I am looking forward to dropping with you guys. I do not have a Dire Wolf but I do like supporting them and King Crabs. I will probably bring in my Spirit Bear, depending on drop deck space, since it is my favorite and best performer. I loooove brawling with it. Just tell me where and when to push

For clan mechs; I have every Kodiak. I did just get my first light mech, O_o the ACH-Prime. I could not decide what mech to buy next (my other fickle thread) and I saw a call for Clan Ghost bear Scouting but had nothing to answer the call. I read you can only take one mech under 55 tons to scout and that thing has been a thorn in my assaults. "If ya can't beat 'em" etc...

I could also bring my Arrow, my AS7-D-DC, or my Hellslinger. Just et me know according to drop weight limits. I am comfortable in those. I have not taken my Blackjacks out since the rescale though...scary.

A Kit fox riding on the shoulder of a KDK or head of a Dire wolf. It would be hilarious just to see their reaction lol.

Edited by Jack McKnight, 13 July 2016 - 09:33 AM.

#153 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:35 AM

Group quick play uses restrictions of class instead of weight. A 12 man must use 3 assaults, heavies, mediums, lights. 3, 3, 3, 3. It isnt as strict about smaller groups, so a team of many groups will be able to have more unpredictable forces.

Haven't done it for many patches so not sure if they will be **** about 3 assaults in one group. Probably will be.

Will be on late night tonight too.

#154 Horse Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:00 AM

I have 5 Direwolves (Its an obsession) and 3 kodiaks, I am not opposed to picking up a new mech just for this run but you'd have to give me some time to get used to it. I am not able to play tonight as I have family plans.

I really like the brawl ability of the Hunchback in the video. that looks like a lot of fun. As I said before I might just have to drop some $, I have a few wants and not enough C-bills

Koniving, are you tier 1? and Jack are you still tier 5? just trying to figure out how badly im going to look.

Edited by Horse Pryde, 13 July 2016 - 10:03 AM.

#155 Gibson Ibanez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:25 AM

I thought there was a tonnage limit per group drop Thanks for clearing that up for me. I would like to bring my KDK-SB. I do have a light mech now if you want to run a wolf pack.

Iam tier 4 and trying to move up. Do NOT worry about looking bad with me around lol.

#156 Horse Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:49 AM

You are a step ahead of me, I am still low level tier 5. Ive got just short of 300 drops in.

#157 Gibson Ibanez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:45 AM

134/146 - Wins/ Losses here. We are on level footing, you and me. You are being kinda hard on yourself. Quit it. :)

I have had some losses that that broke even because of damage or some other reason. Other than that, wins stem from the whole team so maybe I was just fortunate enough to get on teams that carried my sorry butt out of cadet missions to tier 4. (Which is still below 1 - 3)

If you get all worried about that stuff. You will try too hard to impress and get yourself and others in a bad situation then get frustrated. Koniving is better and more experienced than both of us together. Follow his lead and just play your game and you will porobably surprise yourself.

#158 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:16 PM

I'm tier 3-4 (it changed twice in the last couple of months), but I think this is largely in part to not having played much at the end of the old system, those who hadn't were dropped in what was bottom at the time (4). I don't really think I want to go much higher because the fun and variety gets very limited.

We'll be fine and dont worry we'll hand people their rears and get handed some too.

#159 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:06 PM

Aww, have fun out there. Thursdays I'm busy till late, so I can't drop on in with ya'll.

(As for tiers, pay them no mind. I'm only tier three because of all the Quickplay events when I grind. The tier system is all weird.)

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 13 July 2016 - 10:07 PM.

#160 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:35 PM

View PostHorse Pryde, on 13 July 2016 - 07:07 AM, said:

I should be available after 7pm central time Thursday. I would love to get a coordinated drop in. I could use all the help I can get as I've hit a bit of an improvement wall.

While I very rarelly play (maybe a couple hours a month), if you see me on- shoot me a message; maybe we can get a couple drops in

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users