260 replies to this topic

#161 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:01 PM

Group quick play uses restrictions of class instead of weight. A 12 man must use 3 assaults, heavies, mediums, lights. 3, 3, 3, 3. It isnt as strict about smaller groups, so a team of many groups will be able to have more unpredictable forces.
Sorry Koniving but it was changed to tonnage limits months ago, and when dropping with m Lance on Tuesday it still was tonnage, for part of it the 4 of us were all in Warhammers,so unless it has changed since then, a 2 player group can use 40-200 tons, with the limits narrowing for each additional Mech until a 12 player group has I think something like 550 ton minimum to 600 maximum.Taking 3 Dire wolves requires a 4th Mech which is much lighter to be in the group

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 13 July 2016 - 11:10 PM.

#162 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 04:09 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 13 July 2016 - 11:01 PM, said:

Sorry Koniving but it was changed to tonnage limits months ago, and when dropping with m Lance on Tuesday it still was tonnage, for part of it the 4 of us were all in Warhammers,so unless it has changed since then, a 2 player group can use 40-200 tons, with the limits narrowing for each additional Mech until a 12 player group has I think something like 550 ton minimum to 600 maximum.Taking 3 Dire wolves requires a 4th Mech which is much lighter to be in the group

Seems PGI got a little smart and that variety is more important than some previous silly rules. (What army has ever brought 'balanced' numbers of all units, expensive and cheap to the field?)

Tonnage, okay.
This oughtta be fun.

#163 Horse Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:45 AM

View PostKoniving, on 14 July 2016 - 04:09 AM, said:

Tonnage, okay.
This oughtta be fun.

I have been looking for an excuse to get the warhammer collection. This might be just the right time.

#164 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:58 AM

I'll be getting mine through cbills.

I wish I could get the "Special" versions straight up instead of having to buy the threepack. Liked it a lot better when one variant was the special version...and when the special version was more 'unique' and worth collecting beyond just a stock paintjob.

#165 Horse Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:41 AM

I know what you mean. The MC prices on most mechs are not worth buying them individually so you have to either pay for a collection or use C-Bills.
I have been looking hard at the linebacker. It doesn't look like the linebacker I'm used to but I like the way it looks. But I want to get the Blue and White one in the photo so I was debating spending the extra $20 just for the cool paint. Which I know is not smart.

I also pulled the trigger on the Warhammer collection with BlackWidow. Weather or not it hits the field tonight is debatable but I do have it as an option. I can also field any of the trial mechs. I am not picky. Just looking to improve.

Edited by Horse Pryde, 14 July 2016 - 11:07 AM.

#166 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:11 PM

Will be home and on soon.

#167 Gibson Ibanez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 231 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:22 PM

I really wanted to get on last night but could not, sadly. It will be closer to 7 before I get on tonight because we worked late.

I will be good with taking my Arrow that way you can grind your King Crabs. I run 235 STD, 6mgs, 3mpls. I tried the XL and meta build but went back to this every time. I have too much ammo for the mgs lol. I can also take my Arctic Cheetah to tote an ecm umbrella for the assaults.

#168 Gibson Ibanez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 231 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 04:12 PM

Logged in and warming up in the training grounds.

Sorry Leone, work sucks. The more the merrier Mr. Kerensky.

#169 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 04:44 PM

Logging on now. (It's 8:42 here btw.)

Note: Any new or not-that-new player is welcome to join us. :)

#170 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 04:49 PM

View PostHorse Pryde, on 13 July 2016 - 10:00 AM, said:

I have 5 Direwolves (Its an obsession) and 3 kodiaks, I am not opposed to picking up a new mech just for this run but you'd have to give me some time to get used to it. I am not able to play tonight as I have family plans.

I really like the brawl ability of the Hunchback in the video. that looks like a lot of fun. As I said before I might just have to drop some $, I have a few wants and not enough C-bills

Koniving, are you tier 1? and Jack are you still tier 5? just trying to figure out how badly im going to look.

View PostJack McKnight, on 13 July 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

134/146 - Wins/ Losses here. We are on level footing, you and me. You are being kinda hard on yourself. Quit it. Posted Image

I have had some losses that that broke even because of damage or some other reason. Other than that, wins stem from the whole team so maybe I was just fortunate enough to get on teams that carried my sorry butt out of cadet missions to tier 4. (Which is still below 1 - 3)

If you get all worried about that stuff. You will try too hard to impress and get yourself and others in a bad situation then get frustrated. Koniving is better and more experienced than both of us together. Follow his lead and just play your game and you will porobably surprise yourself.

Worrying about Tiers??

Don't do so. It's not worth it. Posted Image

If you're new, your first goal should be towards a complete drop deck for FW (if you're interested), or just trying out all the different playstyles, and try to get to some level of equal competence with all of them.

Of course, along the way you will discover, what you enjoy, what you don't, what mechs you do well in.

I was T5 when PSR hit, because I had only played for a month and a half at that point. You start down at the bottom if you're new, so that you do not get matched with players of far higher skills than yours. That's it.

#171 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 04:54 PM

View PostKeshav Murali, on 14 July 2016 - 04:49 PM, said:

Worrying about Tiers??

Don't do so. It's not worth it. Posted Image

If you're new, your first goal should be towards a complete drop deck for FW (if you're interested), or just trying out all the different playstyles, and try to get to some level of equal competence with all of them.

Of course, along the way you will discover, what you enjoy, what you don't, what mechs you do well in.

I was T5 when PSR hit, because I had only played for a month and a half at that point. You start down at the bottom if you're new, so that you do not get matched with players of far higher skills than yours. That's it.

^this! I always recommend new players check the box in their settings labeled: Hide Tier

that way you dont have to see the slow moving yellow bar

#172 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:08 PM

Good games.

Jack, the 2014 HBK-4P I was referring to:

I might be changing the PPCs to Large Pulse Lasers since hit detection without 25% quirks to PPC velocity is wonky now.

#173 Gibson Ibanez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 231 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:08 PM

That was a blast.

Gotta admit though that I am a little punked out by the skill of you guys and the others in the higher tier. MAJOR difference between the group and PUG matches. II was lost half the time and had to totally -- to quote Yoda -- "Unlearn what I have learned."

I really appreciate you guys running with us. I am so glad that machine gun glitch did not kill Aleksandr lol. I wish I had a recording from my side of the server. O_o

#174 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:55 PM

View PostJack McKnight, on 14 July 2016 - 08:08 PM, said:

That was a blast.

Gotta admit though that I am a little punked out by the skill of you guys and the others in the higher tier. MAJOR difference between the group and PUG matches. II was lost half the time and had to totally -- to quote Yoda -- "Unlearn what I have learned."

I really appreciate you guys running with us. I am so glad that machine gun glitch did not kill Aleksandr lol. I wish I had a recording from my side of the server. O_o

Yah it was a blast! Thanks for the games

#175 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:36 AM

Wish I coulda made it, but it was early morning for me.

Perhaps next time.

#176 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:58 AM

Welcome to any time. I gotta get my mic fixed. :(. Will be a bit easier then.

Jack I think you did alright, real problem was not being able to talk to you and so you had to keep your eyes on me rather than being able to check corners.

Horse, Gauss rifles and close range isn't the best idea. If I had known much so I would have had you stay far back and I'd ensure have a fast enough medium to jump back to you. Used to people in AC and laser boats on them. Only real issue was positioning which will be easier when I don't have to rapidly type during combat. I need to rebuild a Dire Cow or bring my Gauss mg Jager, my Tags can point out targets to focus down.

Here's an idea of something we will try next time.

Feel free to time skip.
The sequal titled Barney the Cataphract might be a better example gameplay wise but this one has more communication.

Actually

One of the few times I played more seriously because like occasionally happened with Aleksandr on our team, having Pole on hand throws me into heck. Sadly we each mostly did our own thing. Second match we work a bit more together but I died due to hesitation, I slowed down so when we took on 4 stalkers at once I took a bit more damage than I would have. Aggression is overwhelming and when we hesitate, like the majority of the team on Terra Therma, it gives enemies a chance to coordinate.

Two more to throw out there.

Lordred, someone else and me. 4* Gauss build Dire Wolf with cow print. Neat Thermal trick there too.

And this I believe I posted before but between the narration from me and both "injected" computers it may help give more of an understanding of what is going on.

Edited by Koniving, 15 July 2016 - 04:19 AM.

#177 Horse Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:32 AM

I had a blast, Like Jack said its a whole new skill level in group drops but I am ok with that. I prefer to learn from the best. I like to think I learned in a short time last night about how to move and keep moving. I will need to work on that as I notice I tend to fire while standing still far to often.
I will find a way to get my DireWolves functional at that level. They are slow but they can pack a punch.
We defiantly need to do it again some time.
Jack the Machine guns sticking on was one of the highlights of the evening. I laughed very hard at that.

Only remaining question is why does Alex have so many enemies?? haha

Edited by Horse Pryde, 15 July 2016 - 06:55 AM.

#178 Horse Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:36 AM

View PostKoniving, on 15 July 2016 - 03:58 AM, said:

Actually

One of the few times I played more seriously because like occasionally happened with Aleksandr on our team, having Pole on hand throws me into heck. Sadly we each mostly did our own thing. Second match we work a bit more together but I died due to hesitation, I slowed down so when we took on 4 stalkers at once I took a bit more damage than I would have. Aggression is overwhelming and when we hesitate, like the majority of the team on Terra Therma, it gives enemies a chance to coordinate.

HE IS ON THE RED TEAM!!! Traitor!

#179 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:25 AM

View PostHorse Pryde, on 15 July 2016 - 05:36 AM, said:

HE IS ON THE RED TEAM!!! Traitor!

Lol.

Edited by Koniving, 15 July 2016 - 06:26 AM.

#180 Horse Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:11 AM

Not 100% yet but I am hoping to get the chance to play again tonight. Depends on if the wife has other plans for me or not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users