#121 udoshi

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 12:25 AM

What do you like about this map?
Its fun. It has good lanes.
not enough ramps up from low areas.
No ability to go 'oh, i want a jumpy mech since we got this map' in the dropship.
Hill-sniping maybe a bit too high up.

What do you dislike about this map?
Its not Frozen City(old). second favorite map doesn't get promoted to first because you guys ruined #1.
Add frozen city old back to the rotation, bump concurrent map choice to 5 at a time.

#122 Tiyos

• PipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 17 July 2016 - 07:17 PM

So... What do we take away from this as Clanners?

Our only viable 100 tonner is nerfed. When the only people who have it are the people who spent ACTUAL F*CKING MONEY on it? Real smart. Oh and what else, they're nerfing the Nova too? Wow! How long was it viable? Less than 2 months. Great.

I thought that some of my ideas were bad, but come on. But the timing is "perfect." We lose a medium right in time for another to come out? Real convenient.

The only good thing I saw was improved structure on the Phoenix Hawk. That sad piece of tinfoil known as a mech needed it.

Edited by tiyos1017, 17 July 2016 - 07:24 PM.

#123 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:25 AM

View Posttiyos1017, on 17 July 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

So... What do we take away from this as Clanners?

Our only viable 100 tonner is nerfed. When the only people who have it are the people who spent ACTUAL F*CKING MONEY on it? Real smart. Oh and what else, they're nerfing the Nova too? Wow! How long was it viable? Less than 2 months. Great.

I thought that some of my ideas were bad, but come on. But the timing is "perfect." We lose a medium right in time for another to come out? Real convenient.

The only good thing I saw was improved structure on the Phoenix Hawk. That sad piece of tinfoil known as a mech needed it.

...This thread isn't for the patch feedback, though...

#124 WOLFSTAR

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:03 AM

BUT they refer to this thread in order to explain the new patch and there are several mech heavvy nerfed, for example the locust 1v with a laser duration quirk from 50% to 0% . Why not a half way? Catapult weakness was always arms and now all arms structure went off and so on.This new quirk modifications are too much brutal to me.
Greetings

#125 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:09 AM

From what I saw of the NGNG preview of the Bog, some of the suggestions made in this thread were implemented. Most important was the access to the platforms being improved to balance it for both sides and the steps being made smaller so that any Mech can walk up them without struggling. Bravo on the positive changes.

It won't be enough to satisfy everyone but it looks to be a big step in the right direction.

#126 ReconRod

• Pip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:22 PM

Just witness a supply crate give to an AFK player. lol

#127 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAce in RVN-3L, HBK-4P, CDA-2A, AS7-S, BNC-3M, Won Top Dog Tourny.. Those are my bests

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:13 PM

My reaction to the new viridian bog

This is the goofiest map design I have ever seen in my entire life. Just remove the rest of the map so people can duke it out on those potato peel stairways.

Posted Image

Edited by Red Comet1, 19 July 2016 - 06:21 PM.

#128 Reality Dysfunction

• PipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 81 posts
  • Locationcockpit or bar... UK

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:38 AM

Well done on the trees... Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#129 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:03 AM

Like.com new Bog

#130 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:45 AM

I'd just like to state that my Direwolf is still having huge difficulties traversing the stairs in bog after the patch. Been stuck multiple times and had to back out and move sideways and so forth just to get out. Avoided steps completely after 2 games.

#131 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 12:14 PM

Rubbish sh.t. Facepalm to your useless modellers, PGI. Ugly retro with no sign of aesthetic sense ...

#132 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 06:22 AM

loved the fix. now it's more or less equal for both spawns to control the mid point and you don't get stuck on stupid terrain as often.

the remaining complaints about the map have not changed, like water side being irrelevant. But the map is better.

it also massively favours high speed nascar brawling now, which is great. your deathball never has to stop, and the team that stops loses. when your team charges in and the enemy tried to stop you by holding ground, you either go low or high past them, and then hit their rear.

i would say 9/10 matches i've played on the new bog ends with the mobile team winning and the team that stops loses.

#133 pyrocomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:52 AM

I think the map is ok and has some interesting options, just make the bottoms of those terraces and of the general field not that flat. It's a bog in the end, flat still water above not so flat bottom. Some carefully added pools can add places for lights to get more cover and other mechs to have a more interesting navigation (just refrain from fully submerged obstacles).

On aestetic part a waterfall or two on the B-line can obscure too long sightlines but will not impede movements.

#134 burning wisky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 106 posts
  • LocationHannover Germany

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:31 AM

i like it now, the rain, darknes, good work,

Idea for weather (weather change)

- befor the heavy rain is comming, it getting really dark
- sumatra heavy rain
- after the heavy rain the fog is comming

weather change ( but not in every match and at the same time ) give the gameplay more deepness,

give us a weapon and equipment funktionality, that some weopons and equipment work not that well with the weather change.

like the idea with the waterfalls in the b line pyrocomp

PS. sorry for my bad english

Edited by burning wisky, 27 July 2016 - 12:50 AM.

#135 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:44 AM

I like the new version, thanks!

#136 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:10 AM

Map was pretty much ok before the update, just needed the collision issues addressing. Now with all of the destructible scenery, I'm getting lag drops of 20 - 30 fps if I find a long avenue of the new bushes, flowers and springs, everything I can't turn off in custom settings Posted Image

Rollback the redundant, lag dragging foliage while you fix the rendering or at least sort out custom settings so we can see the map without them - please!

#137 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:02 PM

Love the new artwork (especially the purple flowers and the birds that take off). Love the new stairs (even though my jump to tree from plateau to next plateau and pop UAV for all the scouting is gone).

Dislike the fact that the rest of the map is now useless, but adapt and overcome like H9 in Forest Colony. Also it feels like the team that spawns on the new stairs side gets to the top much faster, so maybe a spawn adjustment?

#138 iNfUsi0N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:39 AM

please leave the day / night / dusk / dawn / whatever "FEATURE" for upcoming maps. NOBODY likes it. nobody wants it.

#139 Randommexi

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 08:06 PM

this map still sucks ***. cant see anything. play in heat mode or die to things you cannot see. hate this stupid map

#140 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:24 AM

View PostiNfUsi0N, on 28 July 2016 - 12:39 AM, said:

please leave the day / night / dusk / dawn / whatever "FEATURE" for upcoming maps. NOBODY likes it. nobody wants it.

I like it ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users