149 replies to this topic

#81 JayKay17

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 111 posts
  • LocationDresden

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:39 PM

Now running fine. Could download and start the client and finally got into the mechlab.

Tested on Win 10 (64bit) professional, german.

#82 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:42 PM

Ok, new version deployed. This one tries harder to communicate with the patch bot, closes any pre-existing instance of the exe, and has some extended exception checking during initialization. Version 1.0.43.0 (you can see the current version in the Programs and Features list in the Windows Control Panel).

#83 Oplix

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:52 PM

View PostKrist Smith, on 27 May 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

Ok, new version deployed. This one tries harder to communicate with the patch bot, closes any pre-existing instance of the exe, and has some extended exception checking during initialization. Version 1.0.43.0 (you can see the current version in the Programs and Features list in the Windows Control Panel).

Where do we get the updated version?

#84 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:06 PM

View PostOplix, on 27 May 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

Where do we get the updated version?

When you load MWO Portal, it'll self-update by prompting you to install the newer version.

Edited by Deathlike, 27 May 2016 - 02:07 PM.

#85 Alderic Marsden

• Pip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 14 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:22 PM

had to stop update ..(was showing 22g on 12g) close client , on next launch it updated and now its just hanging with the install button that i cannot press ,cannot do anything... uninstalled all, restart the whole process same thing...

#86 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:36 PM

View PostAlderic Marsden, on 27 May 2016 - 02:22 PM, said:

had to stop update ..(was showing 22g on 12g) close client , on next launch it updated and now its just hanging with the install button that i cannot press ,cannot do anything... uninstalled all, restart the whole process same thing...

Hrm, that sounds like a cancel/resume issue. Haven't seen any issues with that for a while. (A lot of code in the PatchBot was taken directly from the better-working portions of the old patcher). I'll snoop though it and see if something is wrong in the downloader.

#87 Exard3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:41 PM

View PostAlderic Marsden, on 27 May 2016 - 02:22 PM, said:

I'm having the same issue although I didn't download anything. Updated to new version and then whole Application just hanging after pressing "Patch".

#88 JDH4mm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:17 PM

The client is working now.

Lets see how it runs.

#89 Oplix

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:43 PM

I am having an issue with the new version now when i try to run portal and patch the protal just crashes on me but I still see patchbot running in the background process in task manager.

#90 Crispy Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 136 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:51 PM

new version of portal/patcehr downlaoded, it doe snot crash with the translation erroro now, but crashes after a successful isntallation msg, after restart o fpatcher (and computer) instead of the install button ther eis a patch button .. just that nothing happens after clicking it .. client stops responding according to windows, tasks you mentioned show up in task manager. no new fiels appeared in the installation directories after 15 minutes of waiting ...
shutdown client manually, restart computer and client ... rinse and repeat ...

View PostKrist Smith, on 27 May 2016 - 10:08 AM, said:

We'll have this all sorted out soon, thank you all for your patience (and determination).

what I (and probably a lot of players) do not get is: the tournament client is supposed to be mroe or less a 'as is right now in normal MWO' version, including the may 17th hotfix/patch ...

if so, then why does it cause so many problems to install that? and to have a patcehr that works obviously perfectly fine in the standard game means you simply could chance the dowlaoded version tot he torunament version, change the gamer server adresses to the tournament ones...

sound soooo easy

what we get instead is a mess ...
pretty chaotic ...

makes me so wish I would have never even considered partaking really considering how the match schedule turned out ...
and yes, I am pretty negative about it right now, I know .. but when will anything about this tournament start to run smoothly? end of december?

..and yes, you are right, my patience is runnig on reserve ...and that one is about dry too by now ...

Edited by Crispy Chicken, 27 May 2016 - 03:55 PM.

#91 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:57 PM

Ok, at this point I think I just need to get a little more info from the Portal/PatchBot. So I'm deploying a new build that should pop up a message box with the error details when it fails to start the patch process.

#92 Oplix

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:02 PM

View PostKrist Smith, on 27 May 2016 - 03:57 PM, said:

Ok, at this point I think I just need to get a little more info from the Portal/PatchBot. So I'm deploying a new build that should pop up a message box with the error details when it fails to start the patch process.

just got it error is

"Caught an exception when trying to tell the PatchBot to Start!"

Access to the path is denied

I am an admin on my machine and tried to run mwo portal as an administrator. Still same error

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit English language

Edited by Oplix, 27 May 2016 - 04:06 PM.

#93 Crispy Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 136 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:03 PM

newest version installed just now,
promted to isntall it after startin portal once more, clsoed portal reopened it as admin, installation without erro msgs

after restart of portal:
caught an exception when trying to tell the batchbot to start ...
(additional linein german (german OS) translates to) access to path was denied

I did install in a non default directory on drive F

#94 Alderic Marsden

• Pip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 14 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:11 PM

View PostKrist Smith, on 27 May 2016 - 03:57 PM, said:

Caught an exception when trying to tell the patchbot to start!

l'accès au chemin d'accès est refusé.
(acces path denied)

also install in non-default directory!

Edited by Alderic Marsden, 27 May 2016 - 04:15 PM.

#95 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:24 PM

View PostAlderic Marsden, on 27 May 2016 - 04:11 PM, said:

Caught an exception when trying to tell the patchbot to start!

l'accès au chemin d'accès est refusé.
(acces path denied)

also install in non-default directory!

Thanks, all, for this info. It's quite helpful. It's not having issues with directories or anything like that, it's the communication pipeline between the Portal and PatchBot that's having access issues. I just deployed a new build with some refinements to the security rules, please let me know how it goes.

#96 Alderic Marsden

• Pip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 14 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:26 PM

View PostKrist Smith, on 27 May 2016 - 04:24 PM, said:

Thanks, all, for this info. It's quite helpful. It's not having issues with directories or anything like that, it's the communication pipeline between the Portal and PatchBot that's having access issues. I just deployed a new build with some refinements to the security rules, please let me know how it goes.

Great work!!! ITS ALIVE!!!!!

Many thanks for your work resolving this isue!!!

#97 Crispy Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 136 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:28 PM

patch did start now.. progres bar moving

stupid question though.. can I do as with the steam installation, cancel the installation and copy all standard game files and I save 12 hours of download?
and then use the repair tool of course

Edited by Crispy Chicken, 27 May 2016 - 04:31 PM.

#98 Roh Zero

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:33 PM

After the new build of the program the download started, cross fingers!!!

I had the same problem as Alderic and Crispy, but i have a spanish version of Windows 10 professional.

Wish me luck!!

#99 Riscy

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTasmania

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:41 PM

Well forgive me for saying this but PatchBot is a **** and does not work. My installation failed because the install takes twice the amount of space it said it would and filled up my SSD before installation was completed. I thought I could recover from this easily but I failed. I tried the following:
  • Restarting the patch from the Portal application, no good
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling both the MWO client and Portal, no good
  • Deleting all files, using Revo Uninstaller to clean up the registry and reboot, no good
So thinking outside the square I saw that good old MWORepairTool was provided. It didn't run initially but I managed to get it to run by copying my MWO client files out of Steam and into the locations MWO expected them to be. In my case S:\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online and S:\MWO Tournament. Both directories have the same files in them.

Then I ran MWORepairTool, selected the Tournament release channel and then ran Start Scan. It deleted a few files and downloaded a few but it was much quicker than downloading a complete 12Gb install.

Now it all works. It is pretty much the reverse of the method used to move from the MWOClient to the Steam version. I hope this helps someone.

#100 BluefireMW

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:08 PM

View PostKrist Smith, on 27 May 2016 - 04:24 PM, said:

now it's downloading.. we will see :)

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users