Unbalanced Dom Point

122 replies to this topic

#81 Nighthawk513

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 234 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:50 AM

I think the community consensus is that they don't actually play, and generally don't read forums. Otherwise this would have been fixed already.

(Come on PGI, respond on this thread already. Give the playerbase a little hope that you actually look at the feedback threads, at least...)

#82 Tamagoci

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:56 AM

I must sign this petition tread also, I dont think I ever won a domination game, when started from an east spawn point, nor lost one from the west.

The problem is also apperent in skirmish, but to a lesser extent.

I think the way to go would be to change the spawns so the opfors would be lined up north to south.

#83 Nighthawk513

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 234 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:48 PM

From the December roadmap:

"In addition to the above 'marquee' items, the December patch will of course include some additional items, such as improvements to the Domination Game Mode on Alpine Peaks, new Decals, more 'Mech Pattern Retrofits, new Cockpit Items, and more."

FINALLY!!!!!

6 months later, but they did finally get the message..

Edited by Nighthawk513, 04 December 2016 - 06:49 PM.

#84 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:42 AM

Hope they don't need a hotfix realizing they moved the dom point in the wrong direction. :)

#85 juggtron

Rookie

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:54 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 12 December 2016 - 02:42 AM, said:

Hope they don't need a hotfix realizing they moved the dom point in the wrong direction. Posted Image

They moved the point in the wrong direction...

#86 Nighthawk513

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 234 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:18 PM

They actually made it worse... Now there is no cover for one side, and that side has a even longer walk to get there...
I got to the point and got a instant headache...

PUT IT ON TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN, PGI!

#87 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:34 AM

Seriously even less desire to play this mode/map combo now.

#88 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:19 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 16 December 2016 - 03:34 AM, said:

Seriously even less desire to play this mode/map combo now.

I can't get less than 0 desire Posted Image

#89 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:41 AM

Lol this map, and it's even more frustrating while in FP.

#90 iNfUsi0N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:39 AM

best map

#91 Soku Yamashita

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 134 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:33 AM

PGI pls fix, thanks

#92 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 01 January 2017 - 05:15 AM

PGI, seriously? That is what you can do in a matter as trivial as it can be after SIX months? How on earth do you expect us to have any hope for the upcoming BT singleplay game? Much less give you money for it?

#93 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:18 PM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 01 January 2017 - 05:15 AM, said:

PGI, seriously? That is what you can do in a matter as trivial as it can be after SIX months? How on earth do you expect us to have any hope for the upcoming BT singleplay game? Much less give you money for it?

I got no problem with Alpine Dom

now or before

Turn down the difficulty level

PGI, don't stop working on MW5

Cause heerz moi money

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 01 January 2017 - 03:21 PM.

#94 Cypherdrene

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 96 posts
  • LocationCabo

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:05 AM

The December patch made it worse! Please move the point or rework the map itself (it actually needs it for all modes).

PGI needs a better feedback system.

#95 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:32 AM

Ok that new location is a bugger. One team is almost right on it and the other needs to have a light or fast medium run lightning fast to stop the cap. Not just a few seconds, but at least half a minute.

The sad fact, I like it. The "but" is, so many people are gripping about it and those of us in lights have to fly in and get on cap. God forbid you do no have a light that goes over 100 kph or you might not make it in time.

Before in G7 it was too open and us LRM boats loved it. K8 well us LRM boats loved it. K9 I still like it, LRM boat heaven from on top of hill over looking K9 and J9. One person made the comment welcome to the valley of death referring to the J9 area. God there were so many dead mechs down there.

Now we could move it to the D5 or H12 areas, but that is just asking for agony from direwhales and atlases. L6 is an idea, but in the corner.

For a decent change I have this in mind, I think the J5 area would fit perfectly. Easy ways for light and mediums to use the IV (Intervisability) lines to get into the capture area and it allows for long sight lines. Best of all there is cover from LRMs in the capture point. The teams could start out in G4 and M6 or a bit farther away. Now it is just rush in to keep them from capping or push them out quick for a quick win.

#96 TypicalDogAct

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:14 AM

I'd suggest moving the dom point to M7 ... an area most of you will never have even seen, because its out of the way ... but seriously ... check it out ... the area is not very approachable ... but it is very defendable ... long range sight lines are blocked in most directions, so you don't have to worry that much about the snipers .... the spawns would have to be adjusted from the 'traditional' ones to be more evenly spaced away from that area ...

#97 April Showers

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:17 AM

i suggest you choose skirmish, cuz thats what like 98% of the player base do play on domination maps. sorry to say so. that mode is f-worded anyway

#98 TypicalDogAct

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:25 AM

View PostApril Showers, on 09 January 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

i suggest you choose skirmish, cuz thats what like 98% of the player base do play on domination maps. sorry to say so. that mode is f-worded anyway

mostly because the general player base doesn't 'get' what to do, and very few people are willing to put their own mechs on the line ... you don't even need to be near the circle to block its capture, but its too hard for the majority ... I blame the academy ... for letting nubs run loose with no real idea of what they are doing .... and the same training for IS as the clans ... really ?

#99 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:43 PM

View PostTypicalDogAct, on 10 January 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

... you don't even need to be near the circle to block its capture,

So True, yet a lot of pilots don't realize.

#100 FireDog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 377 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:34 PM

PGI, Why can't you just fix the Dom point? Everyone is in agreement the current point stinks.... Do you even care?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users