122 replies to this topic

#61 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:20 AM

Well, you have to ask yourself, why PGI didn't do anything about it then.
It's been six months since it was reported (for example my other thread I linked to earlier), the feedback was quite unanimously agreeing, and possible fixes do not require a John Carmack or the-genius-who-could-make-LB-X-ACs-use-different-ammo-but-left. So: Why? It's just annoying.

Instead, we got tons of mechpacks, more trees in maps that don't need it and... the Long Tom fiasko.

#62 Khosumi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 136 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:44 AM

I'm considering starting to suicide whenever Dom on alpine peaks shows up, there's a clear cut advantage. It's so bad, I don't ever want to bother about trying, no matter how rubbish the team is, if they get the advantaged side they will win. They have the entire access to the point and you can't punish their movements, if the downhill team tries to get on the point they get pelted from every direction. Bottlenecked entry with no way of standing on the point against full access to the circle open field with cover for snipers. Getting on top of the hill is suicide for downhill too. How did this even get past QA? If any.

I demand seeing statistics for win/lose for each side of the map in Dom. Though that'll only happen when pigs can fly.

#63 iNfUsi0N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 02:21 AM

View PostiNfUsi0N, on 09 September 2016 - 01:24 AM, said:

just stop voting for domination. its the worst gamemode anyway..

+no killcounter

#64 Aderas Keegan

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 27 posts
  • LocationLegionnaire HQ

Posted 16 October 2016 - 04:18 PM

Just adding my fuel to the fire; multiple times running this from the disadvantaged position, there are a few tactics where it's possible to get an advantage- but the opposing team has cover (not even just better cover, they have cover and we do not) and a flanking maneuver to hit them from around the mountain where cover is available lets them have feet in the cap point for however long that run takes, and can only succeed if everyone is able to get in there quickly.

An easy fix would be simply moving the point closer to the mountain- allowing the window of capture to fall on the 'disadvantaged' side of the mountain more.

Alternatively, make it bigger, or move it entirely. There's that awesome little refinery on the opposite end of the map that doesn't get enough collateral, I think.

#65 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:28 AM

October patch arrived, still no fix. This is beyond funny now, PGI.
http://mwomercs.com/...85-18-oct-2016/

#66 Nighthawk513

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:02 AM

I have now won on this map 3 times out of 20+ from the crap side. Two of the three wins were when the other team was really bad and we managed to roll across the circle and roll them. 12-3 and 11-4 stomps on those.

The third game was where the team on the good side absolutely failed to notice a light who had gotten to the dish and powered down right beside it, and then sat there for at least 2 minutes as each team poked around it. And there were enemy mechs on top of the mountain and walking past less than 150 meters away and not seeing the light. That gave time for the teams to have a poke battle where all but the light was behind some kind of cover.

So all 3 wins were the result of massive incompetence on the advantaged team's part.

#67 JonDoeIowa

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:08 AM

PGI? Are you out there? You asked for feedback....... does anyone else hear an echo?

#68 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:52 AM

View PostJondoeiowa, on 26 October 2016 - 11:08 AM, said:

PGI? Are you out there? You asked for feedback....... does anyone else hear an echo?

...else hear an echo...

#69 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:50 PM

...an echo...

Edited by Kaptain, 26 October 2016 - 05:50 PM.

#70 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:59 AM

… echo …

Wanna buy a mechpack?
… buy a mechpack?
… a mechpack?
… mechpack?

#71 Naga Sadhu

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 4 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:30 PM

fix this #@!& already, it's becoming embarrassing...

#72 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 30 October 2016 - 09:32 PM

...barrassing...

#73 deadlybydsgn

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 07:40 AM

For what it's worth, the Domination spawns on Grim Plexus are also bad. The team that spawns on the Charlie/Delta/Northern side are often at a disadvantage. It looks like both spawns are appropximately the same distance to the circle, but it seems that the south spawn has an easier time getting there.

As a case in point, I've had numerous matches where we've won from the south by getting there ~30 seconds before the enemy, then quickly pushing them out. I even had one where they *never* reached the circle at all.

On the flip side, I've had several spawns on the north side where matchmaking didn't give us any lights, or seemingly anyone faster than 87kph. The enemy had a fast-moving light, so we didn't reach the circle until ~10 seconds left. My team was too busy being scared off by the other side's advanced push, so I died trying to get back into the circle with 3 seconds left.

TL;DR - It might be 50% Matchmaking's fault, but Domination on Grim Portico gives an obvious advantage to the south spawn.

#74 ikitai

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:46 AM

Maybe fixing Alpine Domination will be the big announcement at MechCon? It is perhaps too much to hope, but I am an optimist. Or just another mechpack :(

#75 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:30 AM

...echpack....

....pack....

...ack...

#76 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:57 AM

*tumbleweed*

#77 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:23 PM

Any one even reading this?

Hello...

PGI map designer?

Helloooo...

Posted Image

#78 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:45 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 13 November 2016 - 08:23 PM, said:

Any one even reading this?

Hello...

PGI map designer?

Helloooo...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#79 BrioS

• PipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 20 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:47 PM

BUMP!

Posted Image

#80 Wesxander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:31 PM

Domination for Alpine peaks like with Grim Plexus is one sided. One side starts with better cover than the other. Move the location so both sides get equal cover. Failing that enlarge or shrink the circle so again both sides have equal cover or lack thereof. PGI has only to play the damn map a few times with pug groups and see it for themselves the advantage is to one side only.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users