Is It "just The Tournament" Or Has Pgi Gone Full "fortress Piranha", Again?

503 replies to this topic

#221 Wan Chu Minge

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:05 AM

View PostCK16, on 07 June 2016 - 07:45 AM, said:

TL:DR I get annoyed and angry with stupid trollish, people who say PGI is not doing good with the game, when in reality they are very good about customer service if you show respect, they are very easy to reach out with ideas for the game if you know where to look to find them...PST they don't hide really at all!

Ranting while at work is not easy....so later!

No need to rant CK16, its all good.

I don't think its necessarily trollish or stupid to be criticising PGI at this point. The fact that this thread is generating comment (as well as the countless other posts on the subject) proves that there are solid grounds for complaint from a lot peoples perspective.

Many have waited a long time for this game to become what they hoped it would be and are bitterly disappointed with the current levels of communication and the overall state of the game.

Its good that your experience with the customer support staff is positive, mine is too, but I also know that's not the experience many have had, nor do I necessarily think it correlates with the rest of the business operation. (i.e. the product may be awful, but they handle the returns procedure really well)

By the way, if you have found a way to reach out to PGI and make some progress with your suggestions to them, could you share the process, as many feel that PGI has no real forum for discussion let alone developer interaction.

Edited by Wan Chu Minge, 07 June 2016 - 08:13 AM.

#222 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:06 AM

View PostTemplar Dane, on 05 June 2016 - 03:20 PM, said:

Bishop Steiner not flying the PGI flag.

Third sign of the apocalypse.

you know things are bad when Bishop has joined the ranks of us bitter vets. welcome aboard buddy :(

#223 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:08 AM

View PostSummon3r, on 07 June 2016 - 08:06 AM, said:

you know things are bad when Bishop has joined the ranks of us bitter vets. welcome aboard buddy :(

Eh, still not there. Never been a party joiner. They tend to be the root of most problems, in either direction.

#224 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:11 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 June 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

So go elsewhere.. I don't recall advertising this thread as a comedy. Don't like it, you are free to depart, at any time.

I don't like reality tv shows. I solve that issue by not watching them. Novel concept, I know.

Last I checked this forum is for all MechWarrior Online players not just you and your alts.

#225 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:11 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 June 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

Eh, still not there. Never been a party joiner. They tend to be the root of most problems, in either direction.

the pgi party is getting smaller and smaller though at some point you have to join the bigger party to keep the party goin! lol ;)

regardless see you in Battletech :D

#226 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:12 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 07 June 2016 - 08:11 AM, said:

Last I checked this forum is for all MechWarrior Online players not just you and your alts.

It's also for all sorts of posts, not just ones you approve.

So if you don't like this thread, the solution is pretty easy.

#227 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:18 AM

Posted Image

ALL ABOARD THE MWO TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO MOTHER *******!

#228 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:19 AM

Quick question.

Where is the community manager? I thought there was a community manager to, you know, manage the community.

#229 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:22 AM

View PostKael Posavatz, on 07 June 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

Quick question.

Where is the community manager? I thought there was a community manager to, you know, manage the community.

Doing DevDrops inside Fortress Piranha, I guess.

The forums have apparently been decreed an off limits no man's land for citizens of Fortress Piranha.

#230 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:23 AM

View PostKael Posavatz, on 07 June 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

Quick question.

She is very busy with the Tournament lately, from what it looks like. Her stream schedule is even off schedule cause of it.

#231 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:47 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 June 2016 - 07:49 AM, said:

Yeah I don't know what is up with PGI. I wonder if we will even have a mech announcement tomorrow.

How else will we drink!?

#232 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:50 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 07 June 2016 - 08:47 AM, said:

How else will we drink!?

And as salty as I am... Were it an Assassin, I'd still buy. *sigh*

#233 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:57 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 June 2016 - 08:50 AM, said:

And as salty as I am... Were it an Assassin, I'd still buy. *sigh*

The MWO salt is really hurting my team in the WC. Its a chore to get the team (myself included) to play MWO, everyone wants to play other games which is leaving us really unprepared for our matches.

#234 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:58 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 June 2016 - 08:57 AM, said:

The MWO salt is really hurting my team in the WC. Its a chore to get the team (myself included) to play MWO, everyone wants to play other games which is leaving us really unprepared for our matches.

See you Thursday! ;)

I think everybody is struggling with this. Outside of scheduled practice times, we're very thin on the ground too.

#235 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:02 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 June 2016 - 08:57 AM, said:

Yup. Russ did a bang up job ensuring everyone was in the right mindset to make this the best possible MWO showing it could possibly be........

Oh wait a tick.....

#236 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:04 AM

I have always been extremely happy with P.G.I's account/billing department, they do an excellent job, are quick and honestly, I wish all customer service section in other online products were as good, if P.G.I do annual pat on the head for good work these people should win every year.

Mods there have been good and indifferent and at times out right bad ones, currently I only see Scout as an active one, and I think he's pretty fair with everyone. When the fur flies, I've never seen him abuse his position, and lets things travel when others would shut them down.

These currently are for me the positives of the game.

The ok's are the look of the game, I might be pretty pissed over the look of the Pheonix Hawks weapon mounts, but the people making them can only work with what they were given, and the modular weapons system, that P.G.I uses pretty much guarantee's that small mechs with arm mounts are going to look pretty awful, unless they mount a PPC.

If you want and only want arena play, then the game is frankly ok, the roflstomps people complain about, are in many cases self inflicted, another issue is population, you want to see bad selfish play I suggest you check out World of Warships and look at Battleship drivers in low medium tiers.

The biggest issue with the game other than some balancing issues, which are not as bad as some of the sky is falling types claim, is two things.

The first is hit detection and general server stability, it's up and down like a yoyo, and it's pretty tiresome when P.G.I point their fingers at I.S.P's people use, as while M.W.O is stuttering and crashing like crazy, all other NA server games I use are rock solid, even when time warner has it's hickup.

Second is the lead developer, he's probably an o.k programmer, but he just lacks creativity, he has big idea's which then don't get anywhere, it's just seems pretty evident that anything further along than arena fights confuses him, in how to make the game appealing, he'd probably make a good senior assistant dev but leading a project like this is beyond his abilities.

This is why MWO will remain a bland repetitive game, he's a stake holder in the company and also a friend of Russ, so unless he steps down nothing will change.

So far, there is nothing to stand next to MWO but next year comes Battletech, and while turn based isn't for everyone, I think a solid fun game is going to put a serious dent in this games ability to survive into 2018, unless there are some drastic changes in the way this game is produced and constructed.

#237 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:05 AM

View PostTercieI, on 07 June 2016 - 08:58 AM, said:

See you Thursday! Posted Image

I think everybody is struggling with this. Outside of scheduled practice times, we're very thin on the ground too.

Unfortunately you won't see me, I can't make 5pm games during the week.

#238 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:10 AM

the job title, community manager, is largely a misnomer

#239 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:11 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 07 June 2016 - 09:05 AM, said:

Unfortunately you won't see me, I can't make 5pm games during the week.

Oh man, that PT life. Sorry. :(

#240 TKSax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:03 AM

View PostCK16, on 07 June 2016 - 08:23 AM, said:

She is very busy with the Tournament lately, from what it looks like. Her stream schedule is even off schedule cause of it.

And where was she before that?

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users