#81 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:28 AM

Thanks again for the support, it would be a lot harder to keep trudging through the slow days without encouragement from the folks on here (and the Twitters, Mitch and HBS retweeted me the other day and a few thousand extra people saw the pixel mechs for the first time Posted Image).

Anyway I have managed to recreate most of the Phoenix Hawk, just need to finish up the arms really. The torso gave me so much more trouble the second time around, I was perfectly happy with it before and just couldn't get it back the way I wanted it. So yeah, I'm feeling better about that and it dramatically increases the odds of Valkyrie, Wasp, Crusader etc. getting done up in a similar style afterwards. Because if there's one thing every BT player agrees on, it's that we all love LAMs haha Posted Image

#82 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:56 PM

Posted Image Peeking in to see if that resized Nova showed up yet. No? OK. I will sneak off and come back another night.

#83 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:28 PM

OK fine I'll try to post it up tonight, I'm just trying to get out of the habit of spamming minor updates Posted Image

#84 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:21 AM

OK here's the update with the Dasher/Fire Moth, as well as the slight rescale (mostly the Nova, though the Ice Ferret shed a pixel too). Not sure when the Supernova will get attempted, I still have too many irons in the fire right now :D

Posted Image

#85 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:46 AM

WooHoo! Thanks! Posted Image

#86 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:27 PM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 25 October 2016 - 10:21 AM, said:

OK here's the update with the Dasher/Fire Moth, as well as the slight rescale (mostly the Nova, though the Ice Ferret shed a pixel too). Not sure when the Supernova will get attempted, I still have too many irons in the fire right now Posted Image

Posted Image

I love this!

#87 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:08 AM

WIP of some classic BT mechs, the Phoenix Hawk accompanied by the Wasp, Stinger, Valkyrie and Crusader.

They will likely need a bit of scale tweaking as I do more IS mechs and get a chance to scale them all properly against each other and the Clanners. As always, nothing is ever really finished lol Posted Image

Edited by Luscious Dan, 01 November 2016 - 07:48 AM.

#88 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:29 AM

... And I already spotted a couple things to fix on the Crusader. Knew I was posting a bit too soon :P

#89 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:51 AM

Updated the Crusader and others with some minor changes, including a slightly bigger spread between the lights and the heavy (I keep forgetting the Crusader is 65 tons, not 60). Wasp and Valkyrie got their medium lasers redone as well.

Posted Image

Close up and regular size.

Posted Image

#90 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:28 AM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 01 November 2016 - 07:51 AM, said:

Updated the Crusader and others with some minor changes, including a slightly bigger spread between the lights and the heavy (I keep forgetting the Crusader is 65 tons, not 60). Wasp and Valkyrie got their medium lasers redone as well.

Posted Image

Posted Image

You know? I was never a big fan of the Crusader (visually), but seeing this pixel mech makes me sort of want to reconsider my stance towards it.
Though, if i can chime in, i do think you made the Phoenix hawk a bit too chubby (but that could just be me projecting my fatness)

#91 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:51 AM

Maybe, it's a bit chubbier in the game to avoid having to be too tall. The concept art was super lanky and would have made it a gangly looking mech like the Grasshopper once they scaled for volume.

Anyway the Crusader is an interesting one, I saw some artwork done based on the MWO Phoenix Hawk that gave it Archer style LRMs in the torso, and I figured putting them in the arms would be a little more true to the mech's record sheet (although MWO won't put the SRMs in the legs either, so it's not perfectly true to the TRO).

Edited by Luscious Dan, 01 November 2016 - 08:51 AM.

#92 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:36 AM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 01 November 2016 - 07:51 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice! I love the little buggers.

BTW, interesting solution for the Crusader's arm launchers...

#93 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:01 AM

Made sense that the missiles had to come from somewhere, might as well pretend there was a missile door in the design all along ;)

#94 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:28 PM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 01 November 2016 - 10:01 AM, said:

Made sense that the missiles had to come from somewhere, might as well pretend there was a missile door in the design all along Posted Image

Why pretend?
I thought that missile doors on the shoulders were part of the original design
Posted Image

#95 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:03 PM

Oh nice! I haven't seen that pic :D

#96 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:46 AM

Rampage - feel free to drop me a line at some point and I can make a proper signature pic for you without the lossiness Photoshop Elements seems to be introducing to the file. I've been trying to remember to do this for a while, but with other projects on the go, haven't gotten around to it :)

Edited by Luscious Dan, 09 November 2016 - 08:46 AM.

#97 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:28 PM

Heads up - CK16 convinced me to have a go at a Mad Cat MkII so that will be part of the next update. Done a first pass, but I plan to revisit a couple things and possibly tweak the original Mad Cat a little to match certain changes :)

#98 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:51 AM

The Mad Cat mkII ended up being a bit more fun than I expected. I did a version with slightly more Ebon Jaguar-styled arms and I didn't like it all that much, so it has something in between the traditional TBR and EBJ style arms.

The main collage will be updated when I have either a Supernova or an Executioner to add :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#99 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:18 PM

Posted Image

Updated the IS spread. Really happy with the Zeus. I was hoping to finish the Victor first, but honestly I'm uploading this so I can stop and get work done on some other things that need my attention right now Posted Image

Anything with the little swatches of color next to it I plan on updating further. Most of my original pixel mechs (Rifleman, Warhammer and Marauder) have been re-done again and better match the style of my most recent offerings. Archer and a few others need more love.

Edited by Luscious Dan, 18 November 2016 - 02:41 PM.

#100 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:28 PM

Happy new year!

I'm still chipping away, converting the IICs back to IS mechs currently. The IS Highlander and Jenner are done. Hunchback isn't really started (just cut off the LT hunch), but the Orion is maybe halfway there. The Awesome is also mostly done (needs the legs detailed and final shading/highlighting). Will post an update later once 1-2 more are finished.

Some progress on the Clanners, the EXE gets a tiny bit closer but I still hate it. Some day Posted Image

Edited by Luscious Dan, 06 January 2017 - 03:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users