As usual there is nothing wrong with my internet, just P.G.I

I'm playing world of warships in another window, because I can't play this

#22 Valer

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:48 PM

Getting this error too. Can't log in since the last update 1.4.120. While i have friends who have no problem to connect.

I have reset my router, reinstalled the game, checked my network, everything is fine. It's very rare for me to get this error, i hope it get fixed soon. I would have liked to participate in the event.

Edited by Valer, 21 June 2017 - 02:49 PM.

#23 Devrij

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:48 AM

I'm getting this today. Thought it might be the steam sale, but if other people are getting it too...

#24 ViktorFel

Rookie

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:58 PM

Getting the same error today as well.

#25 SteelBruiser

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 156 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:18 PM

Been getting this error all day. I finally get time to play and all I get to do is troubleshoot. I was really hoping to try out my K9 and Kaiju. Well I guess I'll try again next weekend.

#26 Ronusan

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 9 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:48 PM

Issue is still ongoing, at least here in Dallas, TX. At about 11pm my ping was hovering around 70ms even though I'm on ATT&T fiber lines now. Then in game lag spiked with mechs freezing in place and then warping, though in game chat was unaffected. The game then kicked me to login screen saying "server connection lost" though I could still hear the chat running from other players in the match. I closed program and found that the mwomercs.com webpage was not loading either, though other websites loaded fine. I did an ipconfig dnsflush and the website came back and I was able to get into game again but my ping had then gone back up to 130ms. Tracert shows half of the hops with pings of 130 to 135 and half with pings of single digits. After a few minutes in game it went back down to 70 and THEN it lost server connection again and is only intermittently letting me into the game at all.

#27 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:15 PM

My main account, this one, runs the game totally fine, no such network connection issues at all.
BUT my alt account, the one I do pure F2P (no real cash spending), gets this problem. How is that possible?
Also the new MWO launcher portal is kinda bugged, couldnt properly run the repair tool even. Might be the same issue making sure I get kicked out from a match and disconnected etc.

Not sure if theres an issue with the different launcers, lasted a bit longer on the old one with my alt, but still get kicked out of the match..

Edited by Tordin, 11 July 2017 - 04:26 PM.

#28 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:35 AM

View PostTordin, on 11 July 2017 - 04:15 PM, said:

couldnt properly run the repair tool even. Might be the same issue making sure I get kicked out from a match and disconnected etc.

yeah I'd look into that ... because its a pretty simple tool, it is possible to run it from a command line, its in one of the other threads about the launcher/portal, any corruption of game data *could* end up bad at any random point ...

#29 Gully D

• PipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:35 AM

Same here....
Syd, Australia, have told PGI
g

#30 Bonedog

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 72 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:25 PM

I hate to update an old topic but A network error has occurred. Please check your internet connection.

Blah.... Blah.... Blah....

literally EVERYTHING ELSE I try to play works. But PGI doesn't answer emails until days later so whats the point trying to get them to help pinpoint the issue?

ANY help narrowing down the culprit would be helpful and some time of "Hammer tap on the boiler" fix would be appreciated.

#31 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:09 PM

Some time deleting DNS cache and restarting the game works for me.

In command window type

ipconfig /flushdns

#32 FrigginWaffle

• PipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 29 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:53 AM

Same issue here. I keep disconnecting 1-2 times every match.

Internet should run fine. No other game has this problem. I stay connected to Teamspeak and the likes as well, so there shouldn't be any disruption in my internet connection.

Tried flushing DNS, switching cables and WiFi, uninstalled and reinstalled the game. My firewall shouldn't be blocking any of it and I also tried to play the game with the firewall completely turned off. 2 months ago I was playing this every day for a long time with no problems. 2 months of absence and the Piranha update drops, now this network issue keeps happening. I'm getting frustrated with it. I don't know how to fix this.

#33 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:18 PM

View PostFrigginWaffle, on 28 January 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

Same issue here. I keep disconnecting 1-2 times every match.

Internet should run fine. No other game has this problem. I stay connected to Teamspeak and the likes as well, so there shouldn't be any disruption in my internet connection.

Tried flushing DNS, switching cables and WiFi, uninstalled and reinstalled the game. My firewall shouldn't be blocking any of it and I also tried to play the game with the firewall completely turned off. 2 months ago I was playing this every day for a long time with no problems. 2 months of absence and the Piranha update drops, now this network issue keeps happening. I'm getting frustrated with it. I don't know how to fix this.

And does your connection to the Teamspeak servers take the SAME EXACT route and is in the same city as both the primary PGI servers AND also the the combat servers for NA, EU, and OC servers? This is not Star Trek's teleportation from one location to another without having to pass through multiple systems. Why do players keep assuming it is? Never mind....

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 28 January 2018 - 01:19 PM.

#34 FrigginWaffle

• PipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 29 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:12 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 28 January 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

And does your connection to the Teamspeak servers take the SAME EXACT route and is in the same city as both the primary PGI servers AND also the the combat servers for NA, EU, and OC servers? This is not Star Trek's teleportation from one location to another without having to pass through multiple systems. Why do players keep assuming it is? Never mind....

If my internet fails, I get disconnected from TS and other online applications instantly. It's pretty simple. The fact that this doesn't happen means that it's likely not a WiFi issue on my end. Ping on these apps and MWO in-game is always good. Packet loss in other apps is 0%. What else do I have to go on?

#35 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:51 PM

View PostFrigginWaffle, on 28 January 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

If my internet fails, I get disconnected from TS and other online applications instantly. It's pretty simple. The fact that this doesn't happen means that it's likely not a WiFi issue on my end. Ping on these apps and MWO in-game is always good. Packet loss in other apps is 0%. What else do I have to go on?

If your internet, ie your immediate connection COMPLETELY fails, be it your network card, your router/modem or your ISP, then all things fail. ONCE the packets leaves your ISP, it is out there in the hands of the servers your signals pass through.

But for one program such as MWO, etc loses connection, you are disconnected. Where that disconnect can happen is with YOUR router/gateway (combo router/modem). Routers/gateways (hardware is NAT) now have a software "firewall" that used to be called SPI for stateful packet inspection. If there is packet delay, ie packets are jammed up then released somewhere along the way, when it hits your router with it can cause it to trigger a PORT SHUTDOWN for several seconds. And MWO uses a random PORT within its range, and rarely is it the same port as Teamspeak, etc. But that port shutdown is long enough for the disconnect.

What has not been discussed is whether or not if, while in a combat drop if the connection to the main server/log in server in NA, if that connection is lost for whatever reason, does that kick the player from the combat drop? Example, Mechlab, etc is connected to a specific PGI NA server but when you drop in QP for that specific drop you are on the EU server, or the OC server while still retaining a connection to the base NA server.

Okay, you said Wifi. What part if it is Wifi? If computer to router/modem are you able and have you connected via Ethernet cord in an attempt to remove the Wifi interference as being an issue?

Also, on the router secondary firewall/security (mfg uses different nomenclatures for it now) it can be disabled for testing purposes. It does NOT disable the router's NAT. After that it can be re-enabled and setup port triggering. Had several Everquest players who would run into this after updating their router which came with the SPI. It is not about the size of the packets, it is about the number of packets being handled at any one time, and some players still run into this issue, be it MWO or other games.

The above is simply one scenario. Turn off router/modem for a few minutes. If rented, modem/router was updated and the new perimeters are causing issues. Between your computer and your network there are some recent Wifi devices added, etc, etc, etc... Some of this is in your control to remedy, others may not be.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 28 January 2018 - 04:18 PM.

#36 Bonedog

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 72 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:24 PM

Cannot login to the login server. Get the error this post was created around. I have no doubt its some routing issue, however, not my ISP or my issue as EVERYTHING else is running fine and I can play ANY OTHER online game at the time. YET I have nothing to go on because I email TECHSUPPORT and get a generic response from Bobby Jubraj or other PGI employee once in a day then after I respond, I may get a response another day if at all. This is all very frustrating and hard to have any information to go on because of the generic response telling the player to jump through hoops on their own network to find a problem specific to the one game and not the entire network. 3 days in a row now, unable to connect. friends tell me my account shows as logged in after I tried connecting the first time then it just stays showing on friends list and doesn't tell them its not online when they send a message.

THIS IS SOMETHING on PGI's end. The lack of email response is frustrating, to say it kindly.

#37 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:24 AM

I believe the IP for the auth server is currently 192.99.109.129 ... can you ping / traceroute that ?

#38 Moochini

Rookie

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:56 PM

I'm getting this in 2019. Can't even login.
Franchises rarely take care of die-hard fans. sigh.

#39 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 11:30 AM

View PostMoochini, on 03 October 2019 - 09:56 PM, said:

I'm getting this in 2019. Can't even login.
Franchises rarely take care of die-hard fans. sigh.

Logging in just fine with two different systems. If it was on PGI end your post would not be the only post.... Man up and do some work/troubleshooting yourself.

View PostTarl Cabot, on 16 August 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

That you were able to connect using a VPN means there is an issue somewhere between your computer and the servers (primarily gaming servers). When you are disconnected, do you go back to the front end or do you have to relog back into the front end? There are two main servers, the authorization server (mechlab, etc) and the game servers (regional).

Essentially, VPN is covering your tracks (hiding the packet types and volume) while also rerouting your pathway from your system, through your ISP to the net (several jumps) to PGI ISP then the servers.

Flush/reset your Net connection..

Navigate to the desktop. (From Home, tap or click the Desktop tile).
Right-click the Start button (the Windows logo in the lower-left).
Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
When asked whether to allow Command Prompt to make changes to your computer, select Yes.

Note: If you are asked for an administrative login, you will need to contact your system administrator.
Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and press Enter.
Type "ipconfig /registerdns" and press Enter.
Type "ipconfig /release" and press Enter.
Type "ipconfig /renew" and press Enter.
Type "netsh winsock reset" and press Enter.
Restart the computer.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 04 October 2019 - 11:32 AM.

#40 The Man with the Plan

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 07:59 AM

Had this problem just now. Flushed and released and renewed from command prompt. Nothing. Then I reset my router, including unplugging for 30 sec. Now working great. Hope this helps, was so glad to get mine working again.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users