Rules Discussion 2:30pm

Where? House Steiner Hub Teamspeak:

housesteiner.com

Team/Mech Makeup:
5 players per team

1 light, 1 medium, 1 heavy, 1 assault
AND.... one of your choice
300 TONS maximum weight for your team.

No Heroes, No Dupes! (No more than one mech of a chassis)
(Use this list, look at 3025 mechs only)

Tournament Format:

Swiss pairing for a number of rounds (we'll play it by ear)

Each round will be best two of three.

After swiss pairs, top teams will play for 1st.

Prizes:
To be confirmed. To WIN prizes, you MUST register here, whether registering your team, or yourself here in this thread. (Cutoff midnight EST Dec 16th) Teams and players can show up day of event and still win 1st place prizes, but to be eligible for ALL prizes, you must preregister. - This helps the tournament organizers greatly, and so you will have a chance to benefit from our gratitude!)

FULL RULES

EVERYONE WELCOME! Should be a fun community event!

Questions? FIRST read the rules, then if you still have questions, please post them here in this thread.

Maps will be chosen day of, along with pairings.

Tournament organizers:

Catalina Steiner and Peiper

MECH LIST

(thanks Tygerlily for the sheet)

Spoiler

Edited by Peiper, 03 December 2016 - 03:25 PM.

#2 Ascaloth

NUMERO UM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 569 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:33 PM

Reporting in.

Team name: 228th IBR - Swamp Infernals
Team members:
Ascaloth (team leader)
RjBass3
HavelTheBlocked
dskol7
Lamblaska

Edited by Ascaloth, 16 December 2016 - 07:19 AM.

#3 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:50 PM

Added to the SMM Calendar!

#4 Dyhalto

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:11 PM

That mech spreadsheet has the Cicada 2A listed as clan tech is that a lore thing or a typo?

#5 Manny Rhyde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 142 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:36 PM

i shall bid my hunchback 4g(f). my loyal companion shall ride once again ^^

Edited by Manny Rhyde, 29 November 2016 - 11:37 PM.

#6 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:23 AM

View PostDyhalto, on 29 November 2016 - 10:11 PM, said:

That mech spreadsheet has the Cicada 2A listed as clan tech is that a lore thing or a typo?

I'll look into it.

#7 Sodapop

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 04:50 PM

Are those start/check-in times EST? *edit- oops, just saw the other thread on this board, I see the times are EST. Apologies. Posted Image Also, registering interest... I have no team, so if anyone needs to make up numbers on the day I'd be all down with slotting in should they need *

Edited by Sodapop, 02 December 2016 - 04:29 PM.

#8 Sunstruck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:42 PM

There are a lot of f'd up dates on your xl spreadsheet, the king crabs are all star league which is way before 3050, the kgc-000 the original king crab predates the 0000 and 000B not the other way around, the black knights are all star league era, the orions are all way before 3050 wtf is wrong with you? The grey death, and black widow (black lady) hero mechs are before 3050, seriously get a clue.

#9 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 12:59 AM

View PostSunstruck, on 30 November 2016 - 10:42 PM, said:

There are a lot of f'd up dates on your xl spreadsheet, the king crabs are all star league which is way before 3050, the kgc-000 the original king crab predates the 0000 and 000B not the other way around, the black knights are all star league era, the orions are all way before 3050 wtf is wrong with you? The grey death, and black widow (black lady) hero mechs are before 3050, seriously get a clue.

Posted Image

#10 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:58 AM

View PostSunstruck, on 30 November 2016 - 10:42 PM, said:

Sunstruck,

3025 era mechs (aka Tech Level 1) means that they were mechs available to the armies of the great houses during the 4th Succession War. At that point star league mechs were all gone, or so run down that they no longer ran at an efficiency equivalent to their factory fresh form. The technology to make and even repair star league tech was lost in the nuclear holocausts and dark ages since the Exodus (where most SLDF mechs ended up anyway). This technology was known to only Comstar, which kept it hidden from the eyes of the successor lords, and it was revealed only in bits and pieces, such as when Comstar secretly leaked some technology to House Kurita like the ERPPC's used in their brand new mech: the Catapult K2 in the war of 3039. Star League technology is commonly called 'lostech' and the biggest break for the Inner Sphere (seemingly incapable of coming up with any new ideas themselves for a couple hundred years) was when the Grey Death Legion unearthed the Helm Memory Core in a Brian Cache. Even then, it took years for NAIS Academy on New Avalon to unlock the secrets of the blueprints and designs.

3025 mechs aka Tech Level 1 mechs were all that the Inner Sphere had to offer in 3025. They had lost the technology (lostech) to produce SLDF mechs and the advanced technology to create new or improved mechs, dropships, jumpships, medicine, coolant suits, etc... The clans, however, started with SLDF technology and went crazy with it, so when they returned to the Inner Sphere, most of their opposition was made up of tech level 1 mechs, with a scattering of some better mechs. Star League tech aka Lostech is considered Tech Level 2 (and so is 3050 era clan tech, oddly). Tech levels are used in the tabletop game: Battletech, from which Mechwarrior is based upon. Many players have a fondness for original technology mechs, as these are the first mechs they used when first playing the game - hence the clamor for the return of the Unseen/Phoenix mechs. Many players really enjoy dropping in these mechs because they FEEL so much more like what us lore junky founders want with this game. Nearly all these mechs run hot, have questionable armor and ammunition values, are slow, and certainly don't boat any weapons well. PERFECT for folks who enjoy something different. As long as these mechs aren't set up against clan mechs, or even inner sphere monsters like the Stalker FB and Slepnir (monsters in stock mode, anyway) then they are a lot of fun to play. The games last longer, and you really have to make every shot count, because you only have so much ammunition.

This tournament is using only the more primitive mechs, which use tech level 1. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Level_1

Now, as I have taken the time to explain everything to you, I would ask that you apologize to me for your rudeness, and to next time asking politely if you don't understand something. Another option is to research further before attempting to belittle another person. The second option doesn't get you out of an apology, but when you do go off foaming at the mouth, you'll know what you're talking about.

Peace.

Edited by Peiper, 01 December 2016 - 01:59 AM.

#11 Fragnot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUS Eastern

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:36 PM

I'm available for the date; if anyone needs an extra or wants to start a team lemme know!

#12 Michael Knell

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:57 PM

What timezone are the specified hours in? EST, PST, UTC?

#13 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:46 PM

View PostMichael Knell, on 02 December 2016 - 05:57 PM, said:

What timezone are the specified hours in? EST, PST, UTC?

EASTERN standard time. Thanks for the catch! In proofreading, it's easy to miss what you expect to be there because your mind fills in the blanks, me thinks.

#14 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:38 PM

Update: Because making lobbies takes time, we've decided to run the swiss pair rounds as best 2 of 3 drops.
We aim to have four hours straight of dropping - which may be 5 rounds of best two of three? As I said in the original post, we'll play it by ear, seeing how long the rounds go.

If in scoring for these rounds there is no clear winner, we'll have a single elimination round or rounds at the end to determine who takes home first place.

Also, I remind you: SIGN UP NOW, make sure your name goes into the hat for prizes! Sign up singly or as a team, but sign up!

#15 LordSkippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 451 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:30 PM

Signing up as a lone wolf player.

#16 Michael Knell

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:20 AM

What is time window for signing up? Are ECM mechs allowed in this tournament?

#17 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:39 AM

View PostMichael Knell, on 04 December 2016 - 06:20 AM, said:

What is time window for signing up? Are ECM mechs allowed in this tournament?

"Cutoff midnight EST Dec 16th" You can arrive day of, if you want, but cut off to be eligible for all prizes is midnight, EST the night before.

ECM is lostech/post 3025, so no. No ECM is allowed.

#18 Michael Knell

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:15 AM

Thanks a lot for the info.

#19 Dr Kevorkian

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:37 PM

I would like to sign up.

I did some stock mech drops tonight, and it was awesome!

Pilot Name: Dr Kevorkian

Team name: Unknown, ill play with whomever

#20 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:36 PM

So looks like 7am on Sun 18th for us Aussies, well the ones in Melbourne anyway.

Edited by Ace Selin, 06 December 2016 - 03:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users