- - - - -

Aimbots / Cheating Still A Big Problem ?

82 replies to this topic

#21 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:40 AM

Everyone that kills me is obviously using an aimbot, only way to beat me.

#22 Cold Darkness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 290 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:21 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 09 December 2016 - 01:43 AM, said:

Well hating to be the one who says it out this time but...well there are a lot of fishy things out there that could be related to cheating.
Getting punched through backarmor by the Gauss/PPC Kodiak 600m in front of you, firing through walls, torsoes twitching around in split seconds giving you headshots while he is moving at high speed and you are moving with high speed.....
Instakills in undamaged mechs that couldn't be explained by dmg report or what there was to be seen on battlefield....the list goes on, and is much long to allow all and everything to be explained by "gid gud" or "hey this game's netcode and hitreg is still crap learn to live with it."

so, what you are saying is, that you constantly are being cheated upon while all [read: almost all, as in 99% of players] of us are not being cheated upon?

#23 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:22 AM

Posted Image

#24 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:23 AM

Yeah, we are still cheating.... Using game genie these days... plugs right in to the side of my monitor 100% hit on LRMS,

and ability to see in to the next map,

also use the tag accelerator module, speeds up all your shots and makes you harder to get hit...

PFFFF lol really dude? if you cant aim thats your problem... and if you cant aim chances of you moving and shooting are even less... If you stop you die...

Friends dont let friends reverse

#25 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:54 AM

I've got a good aimbot for you and it's free too. It's called "Skill.exe", just google it

#26 drachnien

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 26 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:59 AM

View PostSnagaDance, on 09 December 2016 - 01:31 AM, said:

Having played on a potato of a laptop I can say that this might also be caused by playing with a crap computer on the lowest settings. Rendering can be awful in these cases with whole hills disappearing at a distance (happened a lot for me on Canyon). That's why I always pay attention to my reticle flashing red or no.

I'm playing on max settings at 4k and this still happens using advanced zoom. I've opened up on people and registered 0 damage then as I chose with them I'll see the terrain change so they are no longer actually in sight and I can see the rock I've been shooting.

#27 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:19 AM

View PostCold Darkness, on 09 December 2016 - 03:21 AM, said:

so, what you are saying is, that you constantly are being cheated upon while all [read: almost all, as in 99% of players] of us are not being cheated upon?

Uhm, where did I say that ?
Just noticed an increasing number of events that either hint of newly appeared problems with the game or potential cheating.
No need to bait the flamers and troll bat posters and other ilk down on me man.Posted Image

Edited by The Basilisk, 09 December 2016 - 04:21 AM.

#28 Cold Darkness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 290 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:56 AM

Well hating to be the one who says it out this time but...well there are a lot of fishy things out there that could be related to cheating.

implies it happens VERY often

Getting punched through backarmor by the Gauss/PPC Kodiak 600m in front of you, firing through walls,

"hey this game's netcode and hitreg is still crap learn to live with it."
also, there are mechs known with rear hitboxes being able to be hit from the front, like the orion IIC (dont know if that got fixed yet)

torsoes twitching around in split seconds giving you headshots while he is moving at high speed and you are moving with high speed.....

thats not called cheat or pure skill, its called being able to land a shot on a moving targets torso region and getting a lucky hit in the process.

Instakills in undamaged mechs that couldn't be explained by dmg report or what there was to be seen on battlefield....

you dont instadie to something you can see, you instadie to the people that outmaneuver you. and usually the damage report is worth jackshit because its 5 lines are in MOST cases insufficient for any kind of useful information.

the list goes on, and is much long to allow all and everything to be explained by"gid gud" or "hey this game's netcode and hitreg is still crap learn to live with it."

in fact, most [as in: almost all, even the ones where people went to the forums because they where unable to find the issue themselfs] of those happenings are explainable by that, as well as the times where pure luck may be involved.

View PostThe Basilisk, on 09 December 2016 - 04:19 AM, said:

Uhm, where did I say that ?
Just noticed an increasing number of events that either hint of newly appeared problems with the game or potential cheating.
No need to bait the flamers and troll bat posters and other ilk down on me man.Posted Image

while i am positive that there are cheaters around, simply because humans are inherently disgusting trash by nature, you blew the issue way out of proportion with the way you wrote your post and even offered examples that are easily explainable by hitbox and/or latency issues.

on a side note: its nothing personal man

edit: different fixes.

Edited by Cold Darkness, 09 December 2016 - 04:58 AM.

#29 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:41 AM

> implies it happens VERY often

More often than the rest of the season, yes wouldn't post this stuff if those where easyly explainable single an isolated incidents.

> "hey this game's netcode and hitreg is still crap learn to live with it."
also, there are mechs known with rear hitboxes being able to be hit from the front, like the orion IIC (dont know if that got fixed yet)

Again different incidents in different mechs on different maps all close to the beginning of a match (first blood phase), else I would not mention it.

>thats not called cheat or pure skill, its called being able to land a shot on a moving targets torso region and getting a lucky hit in the process.

Again wouldn't mention it if such cases of bad luck happen once or twice a week...but during the last two month multiple times during the same sessions (sometimes during the same matches) while getting hit on the head in any noticable way was a rare occassion before...well sure could be bad luck...fate hates me it seems.

>you dont instadie to something you can see, you instadie to the people that outmaneuver you. and usually the damage report is worth jackshit because its 5 lines are in MOST cases insufficient for any kind of useful information.

Well, again I'm just reporting what I an others from my unit see.
Twoliner dmg reports during the first phase of the match (first blood) reporting dmg by weapons that should take several hits to make noteworthy dmg and a mech wielding those weapons looking directly into your face.
Again I do not say its legaly impossible.
Just that raised brows became due to odd things happening ingame became increasingly common in the last two moth with me.

>in fact, most [as in: almost all, even the ones where people went to the forums because they where unable to find the issue themselfs] of those happenings are explainable by that, as well as the times where pure luck may be involved.

Sure such issues are all well and good explainable every one by itself.
But when oddities amass its a problem.
And I do not know what you would prefer...easylie bannable ilk or general problems with the game.

>on a side note: its nothing personal man

Well as you stated its the tune that calls the kind of dance.

#30 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:31 AM

View PostCount Zero 74, on 09 December 2016 - 03:54 AM, said:

I've got a good aimbot for you and it's free too. It's called "Skill.exe", just google it

Use it too from time to time, Count Negative :)

Oh, as maybe interesting info-snippet : got a ton of near-headshots with CERL´s on people because they were standing still ... after I nearly made them drive "convertibles" they were somehow galvanised into movement again, odd, eh ? ^^

What do we learn from that : never be satisfied with your mouse settings :)

#31 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:51 AM

Rats.....so I still have to blame myself for my poor gameplay.....

Posted Image

#32 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:33 AM

View PostCount Zero 74, on 09 December 2016 - 03:54 AM, said:

Download free at www.practice.org.

#33 Noxcuse

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:12 AM

post the phantasie of a cheat free mwo does not help...there is an complete cheat suit for this game..pgi knows about..and cannot protect the game...the heavy violatet cry engine used for mwo is an easy traget for cheater..and with HSR not really working ping problems..instable server...most of the time you will not see a cheater....

#34 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:22 AM

View PostSnagaDance, on 09 December 2016 - 01:31 AM, said:

Having played on a potato of a laptop I can say that this might also be caused by playing with a crap computer on the lowest settings. Rendering can be awful in these cases with whole hills disappearing at a distance (happened a lot for me on Canyon). That's why I always pay attention to my reticle flashing red or no.

I'd like to add that one of the biggest 'hacks' you can use is by playing on a great gaming computer with a good connection and having a large and good monitor with a good gaming mouse. You may be the same player as before but your performance on the battlefield will massively improve.

What I refer to is slightly more noticeable than that, and more obvious. I'm referring to people who continuously shoot the terrain right in front of their faces, walks into buildings, etc because they can't see them due to the wall hack. I've only seen it a couple of times, but it was as plain as day and night at what they were doing. Sadly.

Oh, and I think I have you beat. I've had times where entire enemy (and friendly) mechs didn't render in at all. It's really hard to fight someone you can't see... Posted Image I suspect that this happens when mechs (and terrain) are stuck between their low render states (for longer ranged viewing) and their higher render states (for up close details). It's the only explanation I have... but when it happens to me it's very annoying...

Getting punched through backarmor by the Gauss/PPC Kodiak 600m in front of you, firing through walls, torsoes twitching around in split seconds giving you headshots while he is moving at high speed and you are moving with high speed.....
Instakills in undamaged mechs that couldn't be explained by dmg report or what there was to be seen on battlefield....the list goes on, and is much long to allow all and everything to be explained by "gid gud" or "hey this game's netcode and hitreg is still crap learn to live with it."

I too get a little suspicious when I get head shot. That's when I observe the rest of my team (because I'm probably dead) for obvious head damage. A single head shot isn't too suspect in a match. Several done by the same guy starts to become very suspect though...

I will inform (though I think you already know) that the damage report after death stacks hits from the same weapons. AKA: IF you got hit with 20 PPC shots (and only PPC shots), your death damage report would only say "Damage by PPC".
On this topic, I'll make mention that I was once one shot in an Atlas upon the Kodiak's release into the game. 1v1 against a Kodiak and somehow I was killed in literally a single hit.. It was strange but it only happened the once and never again...
I'd also mention now that the King Crab when it first came out actually had a glitch in it. There was a small space on it's back that, if the King Crab was looking down, you could hit. If you hit said spot, the King Crab just instantly died for some reason...

Some mechs also have spots on the front that you can hit the back with. I know I've gotten enough back damage from front shots in my Adder because, if you shoot it from slightly above (it's a small light mech so...), there is a spot near the back of the top of the mech that is back armor. This often leads to back damage from frontal shots. And don't forget about the time ballistics would phase through hit boxes, having a chance to either deal no damage (phased through the mech) or hit the inside portions of the back hit box... killing the targets from front shots that damaged the back... (Thankfully those have been fixed.)

So, yes. There have been and are issues with this game that can sometimes make things seem fishy. That is why I report when I'm overly suspicious and just let PGI figure it out. Most times, I sit and watch and see what happens, as most times it's not intentional or was justifiable.

#35 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:07 PM

Yeah if someone uses low settings they can see enemy mechs slighty above the terrain when with higher settings they could not because the enemy would be fully covered behind and lower to the ground. If they then shoot at the enemy, they would hit ground even with high mount poins.

I use some low some medium settings so I've seen it happening to me. I think sometimes even large rocks between enemy and me aren't displayed and the enemy mech behind them are displayed, while the shots would still impact on the rock. I'm not sure but I think it happens more often with rocks than buildings.

#36 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:22 PM

I regret that this has to be my first post but I can see why people become frustrated with CW.

Scouting mission a moment ago and we defeat the enemy team and we all go get intel points while (Player X) near the drop zone.

I make the call to go in at 10 seconds and instead of walking in, deliberately walks away losing the match.

Maybe an alt account from the other team, maybe just trolling for the lols but it just assisting the enemy. Reported as such.

I mean is it a requirement to have an alt account to win. Why?

Why rig the contest?

Edited by Peter Wolf 359, 10 December 2016 - 12:41 AM.

#37 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:50 PM

View PostPeter Wolf 359, on 09 December 2016 - 06:22 PM, said:

I regret that this has to be my first post but I can see why people become frustrated with CW.

Scouting mission a moment ago and we defeat the enemy team and we all go get intel points while ______ stands near the drop zone.

I make the call to go in at 10 seconds and instead of walking in, deliberately walks away losing the match.

Maybe an alt account from the other team, maybe just trolling for the lols but it just assisting the enemy. Reported as such.

I mean is it a requirement to have an alt account to win. Why?

Why rig the contest?

A. Watch out for Name and Shame. You can not mention in game events (that are negative) with specific names. Just report them an move on. (Though, you don't have to stop telling the tale, just leave out the person's name.)

B. It is against the ToS and CoC to aid the enemy. As such, you had full rights to report that player for purposefully handing the match to the enemy. It may have been someone's alt account created to help the other faction, or it may have been their main account and they like trolling people. I will also give that it may have been a result of some confusion on the players part (didn't realize they needed to enter the square) or may have just been inexperience (maybe?). Try to give a little benefit of a doubt to fellow players, but don't be afraid to use that report feature either...

C. Many people have alt accounts, and each will have them for different reasons. I have an old alt account for the old stock mech events I'd join into. However, now that there are selectable means to turn on stock mechs, that alt account is no longer needed. I personally never used my alt to hide my identity, and I was not shy to mention each other account's name. (FYI, if it matters, my alt accounts name is Lt. Kataren. Seen as my gamer name is Tesunie Kataren, it normally is easy to figure out.) Some people have an account for only IS actions, and another for only Clan. There are many reasons one may have an alt account. Sadly, trolling sometimes is one of those reasons (but I'd like to think this is rather rare).

D. Most people are unhappy with FP/CW/FW (whatever you wish to call it now) due to the wait times for the most part. Some of it is also due to full 12 man competitive teams, when they sometimes end up fighting a bunch of random PUGs. There are many things people might not like about FP. I think very little of that is due to an event like you describe. It happens, but not very often from my experience.

I understand you would be upset about that event. I would be too. It's annoying. Sadly, the only real way to avoid it is to form a premade group of people you know and can trust (at least enough) and then play. This way, you'd know a stunt like you describe could not be repeated. (I know, easier said than done.)

I do wish you luck in your future matches, and take some heart that what you've experienced is not the typical norm.

#38 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:25 PM

Head shots is something that can be practiced to be better at

There some mechs whose cockpit locations are well known and rather large, KODIAK

and a lot of people stand still

with dual gauss and a bunch of vomit, advance zoom for better view and boom insta death

#39 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:35 PM

There is more cheating than what many people are willing to admit. For instance:

1. Alpha'ing a mech in the back twice with ZERO damage registering.

2. Getting one-shotted with a mpl to the ct.

3. Taking devastating laser fire at 1k+ range.

4. Three IS mediums matching the speed of my Jenner IIC at 139 kph.

5. IS med-heavy laser boats alpha'ing multiple times in a row with zero sighs of overheating.

6. Sneaking up a mountain with ecm to peak over the crest only to find multiple enemy mechs shooting at you as soon as you do from hundreds of meters away.

7. Enemy mechs/fire magically passing through solid walls.

8. After the last two big monthly patches in a row, I caught people talking about them personally using aimbot and how to activate it in the all-chat.

9. A guy bragging in the all-chat after his team won: "AIMBOT FTW!".

Those are just some of the cases I can remember of the top of my head. That is why some of my guys hate doing FW these days. Reason being, as one of them put it a couple days ago: "At least with pubs there is a chance that we will also get a cheater on our team too to help balance it out."

For the most part, it is usually pilots from the big competition units that we catch using them. Watch them the closest.

Wish I could be as pie in the sky as some of the others here, but ignorance is bliss and I have seen too much to stay ignorant.

Good luck.

Edited by Jep, 09 December 2016 - 09:43 PM.

#40 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:56 PM

When you are barely cresting a hill, and you take a long range gauss shot to the heat box only.. its pretty safe to assume that wasn't accidental nor was it amazing natural aim when it came from a mech on the move going laterly across the board as he's fleeing your LRMs and twisting.

When you're engaged point blank brawl with a mech, who has no CT front armor and a yellow CT structure, and he shuts down only to restart with full front CT armor again... that's not accidental or some miraculous act of PGI gods.

Edited by Dee Eight, 09 December 2016 - 09:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users