- - - - -

Aimbots / Cheating Still A Big Problem ?

82 replies to this topic

#61 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:35 AM

I once snuck up on an assault mech in my Ember. Cored him out in 4 seconds flat. Guy accuses a teammate of mine of cheating. Saying the guy shot him with an AC 10 to the front, and yet his back was what caused his death. The dude went on a rant about cheating and reporting. Until I explained to him in great detail how what killed him was me from behind.

I also remember a guy complaining that my DWF killed him with 1 ERLL when he had almost 50 armor left. What he didn't realize is that the ERLL had 3 ERMLs, and 2 Gauss rifles with it, but noooo, I clearly cheated, and managed to hack the game's server and change the stats for ONLY my ERLLs to deal 10 quintillion damage.

The only "hacks/cheats" that could possibly be done in this game, due to the nature of its architecture are wall/map hacks, and aimbots. At best.

#62 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:13 AM

View PostJep, on 10 December 2016 - 08:29 PM, said:

4: I believe it was a Hunchback, Griffin, and a Centurion. Now granted, I have no idea what their max speeds are, but I doubt that it is 139 kph. They actually had the nerve to claim that they were all going 116. That was in a scout match.

Centurion 9D can take an XL390, making it go 136 km/h and a bit faster before the recent Speed Tweak nerf. It's one of those weird outlier variants that's a ton quicker in tabletop than the other variants (6/9 hexes vs. 4/6), giving it a massive engine cap using the MWO formula.

One of my early WTF moments when I started MWO was leaving the spawn area at Alpine. I was in a Cicada with a near-stock engine, and saw this friendly Centurion casually gliding past me. I was like, Dude, what the hell did you do to your 'mech?

There's no way a Hunchie or a Griffin would go anywhere that fast.

#63 H I A S

• 4,971 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:37 AM

Didn't read the Thread.
Is the call to arms for Dee Eight and JonnyZ allready out?

#64 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:29 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 16 December 2016 - 01:51 AM.
cheat content

#65 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:16 AM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 12 December 2016 - 06:29 AM, said:

[Redacted]

https://mwomercs.com...-manyheatsinks/

Banned-Cheating.

Edited by draiocht, 16 December 2016 - 01:52 AM.
Quote Clean-Up

#66 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:39 PM

So many cheat threads lately. Must be all the 40yo autistic Battletech nerds getting on the computer when it should be their nap time.

#67 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:43 PM

View PostSaint Scarlett Johan, on 12 December 2016 - 05:39 PM, said:

So many cheat threads lately. Must be all the 40yo autistic Battletech nerds getting on the computer when it should be their nap time.

Being disrespectful to people asking a question does not make anyone trust you, or take you seriously. Even if you are supposedly right.

#68 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:47 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 12 December 2016 - 05:43 PM, said:

Being disrespectful to people asking a question does not make anyone trust you, or take you seriously. Even if you are supposedly right.

I'm not trying to be taken seriously.

Hackusers aren't going to be convinced by logic and reasoning. They "know what they saw."

#69 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:36 AM

I saw my first REAL suspected cheater. Guy in a Cent was able to one shot two full health cents.

#70 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:37 AM

View PostTercieI, on 12 December 2016 - 07:16 AM, said:

Wow, and according to Reddit that was only some months ago.(the ban) First accusations of aimbotting found on his profile page from December 2013. But, maybe he's been banned several times.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 13 December 2016 - 04:38 AM.

#71 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:50 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 13 December 2016 - 04:37 AM, said:

Wow, and according to Reddit that was only some months ago.(the ban) First accusations of aimbotting found on his profile page from December 2013. But, maybe he's been banned several times.

No, cheating bans are permanent. He did take too long to get banned but he was eventually.

#72 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:32 PM

View PostLupis Volk, on 13 December 2016 - 12:36 AM, said:

I saw my first REAL suspected cheater. Guy in a Cent was able to one shot two full health cents.

That's not a cheat.

This game is managed server side. So no one can adjust their firepower, make their guns deal more damage, or have better range. You are literally incapable of changing stats.

It would be like me trying to fly by flapping my pinky fingers.

The only cheats that a player might be able to pull off are aimbots, and wallhacks. That's it. Can't adjust heat, can't adjust range, can't adjust damage ... etc. So no, that centy didn't one shot them, and they weren't at full health. Unless it was an AC 20 shot to the cockpit, that crit, and they had almost no armor on the cockpit.

#73 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:16 AM

I'm still wishing to know how someone can shoot me with dual Guass (30 damage) as the first shot I receive to my Huntsmen's CT, and somehow it deals 70 pts of damage... (Cuts through my 55 pts of front armor, and turns my Internal Structure orange.)

I don't believe they are cheating (for reasons Iraqi mentions), but it seems to happen often. One moment I'm pristine, first hit I take and I'm already almost dead (even in an assault class mech).

I find it puzzling. Probably has to do with HSR, and/or attacks not rendering in. (End of match screen said SRMs took off my arm, but I never once in the match got hit with SRMs on my screen. Not even by sound effects.) Possibly getting hit by more, and it's not creating the projectile effects and/or sound effects. (But I can hear that Gauss hitting me...) Who knows...

#74 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:13 PM

View PostTesunie, on 14 December 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

I'm still wishing to know how someone can shoot me with dual Guass (30 damage) as the first shot I receive to my Huntsmen's CT, and somehow it deals 70 pts of damage... (Cuts through my 55 pts of front armor, and turns my Internal Structure orange.)

I don't believe they are cheating (for reasons Iraqi mentions), but it seems to happen often. One moment I'm pristine, first hit I take and I'm already almost dead (even in an assault class mech).

I find it puzzling. Probably has to do with HSR, and/or attacks not rendering in. (End of match screen said SRMs took off my arm, but I never once in the match got hit with SRMs on my screen. Not even by sound effects.) Possibly getting hit by more, and it's not creating the projectile effects and/or sound effects. (But I can hear that Gauss hitting me...) Who knows...

occasionally, ballistics will go through the front armor, and crit out the back, it's a well known issue, might have to do with HSR. It usually happens with the faster ballistics (AC2/5 and Gauss) but I have had a AC 20 hit me dead on center, and my back armor is what disappears and internals yellow.

#75 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:10 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 14 December 2016 - 03:13 PM, said:

occasionally, ballistics will go through the front armor, and crit out the back, it's a well known issue, might have to do with HSR. It usually happens with the faster ballistics (AC2/5 and Gauss) but I have had a AC 20 hit me dead on center, and my back armor is what disappears and internals yellow.

In this case, it damaged my front armor, and nearly killed me in a single hit. No idea, as it shouldn't have done that with the projected amount of damage. I'll grant that maybe I got hit by more and didn't notice (I would like to think I would), but it's still strange and hard to explain.

I've even had a similar event about a week ago against a quad Gauss Kodiak (while still in my Huntsmen, and yes, I know I'm crazy for trying to take them on). First shot shot of two hit my left side torso, and cut through 40 points of armor and left it yellow internals. Second shot of two hit my other side torso, cutting through 40 points of armor and giving me red internals.

Each incident happened as the first literal damage I took for that match. And do not take this as me accusing them of cheating (I'm not). But rather that sometimes, something very unexplainable seems to happen. Then again, I have had (on the rare off chance) mechs (and terrain) not render in before. Let me just say, it's hard to fight opponents who are invisible, and I can only sometimes see them there because of their weapons fire. (Though, they do not stay unrendered, but rather flicker in and out at specific distances. I think this is due to when the game changes from low render (far away) and high render (closer up), and sometimes things get caught in a state between the two render distances, thus nothing renders. So...)

#76 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:00 PM

View PostTesunie, on 14 December 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

I'm gonna guess HSR, and more than 2 GRs may have been involved. There's also the problem you mention of some hits just not registering.

We're all familiar with the shake we get when hit by Gauss Rifles. I remember once on HPG, my right arm just got insta destroyed, and if it wasn't for the fact I saw the GRs discharge on the enemy mech (they show sparks flying off), I wouldn't have known that I got hit with GRs, or that I was even hit. It would have looked like my arm just suddenly disappeared.

#77 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:13 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 14 December 2016 - 08:00 PM, said:

I'm gonna guess HSR, and more than 2 GRs may have been involved. There's also the problem you mention of some hits just not registering.

We're all familiar with the shake we get when hit by Gauss Rifles. I remember once on HPG, my right arm just got insta destroyed, and if it wasn't for the fact I saw the GRs discharge on the enemy mech (they show sparks flying off), I wouldn't have known that I got hit with GRs, or that I was even hit. It would have looked like my arm just suddenly disappeared.

There typically is a very distinct sound when a Gauss hits you. But... HSR sometimes will make a shot that looks like it missed into a hit, which often becomes termed as "ghost damage". This is where it doesn't hit, so you get no noise or notification, you just take damage. Same sometimes happens in reverse, where you hear yourself getting hit and your mech rocks... but you take no damage. However, compared to having to "lag shoot", I'll take HSR and it's funky-ness every time.

I'm going to ask, so I can see if it is just me or whatever, but have you been having shots hit one location, but yet damage someplace else? As of late (as in this patch it's been happening more often), I'm having shots where I aim for a high shoulder/side torso hit, and instead I seem to be damaging the opposite side leg instead, yet my shot was no where even close to that location. When this has happened (or rather when I notice it), it's often been to the detriment of my opponent. Instead of taking an arm or side torso (or just damaging it), I end up seeming to destroy their leg. (And for the record, I mean I'm aiming and visually hitting the upper section of their mech, but I'm damaging very low components. And these are with weapons that are typically high mounted, like the Huntsmen hero's torso missile pods (SRMs) or the Prime's torso mounted weapons. (I've been loving my Hunstmen.)

As I said, I'm not saying people are cheating, but I can certainly see where some people might think so. I've seen plenty of "strange" things before in this game. And it's hard not to run right to "their cheating" thoughts... (I know that the Wolverine was once known for taking extra damage to it's CT. All missiles at one point dealt 3-4x their intended damage due to splash effects... etc.) Some things, not even reasonable concepts of bugs, lag, etc seem to fit in, such as my instances I've described in this thread. (Though, I'm sure it's not the players fault.)

#78 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 15 December 2016 - 01:29 AM

So...either way....as I already said...even if there are wagon loads of theoretical explenaitions for inexplicable or non obvious game behavior besides cheating, when ppl start noticing increased loads of those incidents, it pretty much does not matter if its cheating or just crappy game functionality.

The point is that there are people with an increasing lot of wtf moments in the last few month.

So the correct answer to the OPs question would be:
"Yes there are still random incidents that may or may not be cheating but there has been done something about cheaters"

(And btw having a bunch of T1 ppl repeating the "there are no cheats due to server authority" chant isn't exactly what will appease the tinfoil hat fraction....thats pretty much like driving some big black vans in front of somebodys house climbing the telephone mast in front of this house, clad in a black buisiness suit, while your collegue fited with sunglases and man in black outfit rings at this house assuring the inhabitants that there is no gouvernmental surveillance in this neighbourhood Posted Image )

Edited by The Basilisk, 15 December 2016 - 01:30 AM.

#79 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:09 AM

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 09 December 2016 - 09:35 PM, said:

There is more cheating than what many people are willing to admit. For instance:

1. Alpha'ing a mech in the back twice with ZERO damage registering.

2. Getting one-shotted with a mpl to the ct.

3. Taking devastating laser fire at 1k+ range.

4. Three IS mediums matching the speed of my Jenner IIC at 139 kph.

5. IS med-heavy laser boats alpha'ing multiple times in a row with zero sighs of overheating.

6. Sneaking up a mountain with ecm to peak over the crest only to find multiple enemy mechs shooting at you as soon as you do from hundreds of meters away.

7. Enemy mechs/fire magically passing through solid walls.

8. After the last two big monthly patches in a row, I caught people talking about them personally using aimbot and how to activate it in the all-chat.

9. A guy bragging in the all-chat after his team won: "AIMBOT FTW!".

Those are just some of the cases I can remember of the top of my head. That is why some of my guys hate doing FW these days. Reason being, as one of them put it a couple days ago: "At least with pubs there is a chance that we will also get a cheater on our team too to help balance it out."

For the most part, it is usually pilots from the big competition units that we catch using them. Watch them the closest.

Wish I could be as pie in the sky as some of the others here, but ignorance is bliss and I have seen too much to stay ignorant.

Good luck.

1. It can be when yout internet connection drop packets or something else. Actual mech position could not as you watch on screen. Sometimes you shoot side torso or arm and hit center torso and so on.
2. Perhaps you dont see side or back shooting. Sometimes laser beam becames invisible.
3. This is really annoying it happens on FP. It looks like mech have only half of armor. There was bug on lasers - they can shoot sometimes up to 150% damage don't know why. My Timberwollf was eliminated with LPL at distance over 600m in split seconds.
4. Well, Cicada, Centurion (and others) can do it :)
5. Quirks... Grasshopper can do 3 alphas.
6. VoIP may be or UAV.
7. Where? Some containers may be.
8. Trolls 99%

1,2,3 - game bugs, other not cheating...

Same sometimes happens in reverse, where you hear yourself getting hit and your mech rocks... but you take no damage.

This happens when you hited beyond max weapon range.

#80 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:14 AM

There is another game bug - your mech take damage without notification. You can lose whole limb this way or side torso.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users