- - - - -

Aimbots / Cheating Still A Big Problem ?

82 replies to this topic

#41 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:58 PM

The game is hosted server side. As in there's no way to hack half those 'cheats' you just mentioned since the player's computer doesn't handle those features.

Let's see, 1, 2, 3,4 ,5 and 7. Yeah, those ones.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 09 December 2016 - 10:01 PM.

#42 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:05 PM

View PostPeter Wolf 359, on 09 December 2016 - 06:22 PM, said:

I regret that this has to be my first post but I can see why people become frustrated with CW.

Scouting mission a moment ago and we defeat the enemy team and we all go get intel points while BLANK

Judging from only having season 5 and 6 matches...probably a new player. FW doesn't use tiers at all so there's never a guarantee you get someone equal or better to yourself or even someone with any experience at all. Matchmaker has already pretty much thrown out tiers in quick play as well, which accounts for how often I've been in matches with T1s and T5s at the same time, and the T5s are coming over chat/voip to say its their first game EVER. There just aren't enough players active at many times of the day for any sort of tier balancing in QP games.

#43 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:01 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 09 December 2016 - 09:56 PM, said:

When you are barely cresting a hill, and you take a long range gauss shot to the heat box only.. its pretty safe to assume that wasn't accidental nor was it amazing natural aim when it came from a mech on the move going laterly across the board as he's fleeing your LRMs and twisting.

Lucky shots are of an accidental nature

Whose hasn't had a lucky shot

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 09 December 2016 - 11:02 PM.

#44 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:02 PM

View PostJep, on 09 December 2016 - 09:35 PM, said:

There is more cheating than what many people are willing to admit. For instance:

1. Alpha'ing a mech in the back twice with ZERO damage registering.

2. Getting one-shotted with a mpl to the ct.

3. Taking devastating laser fire at 1k+ range.

4. Three IS mediums matching the speed of my Jenner IIC at 139 kph.

5. IS med-heavy laser boats alpha'ing multiple times in a row with zero sighs of overheating.

6. Sneaking up a mountain with ecm to peak over the crest only to find multiple enemy mechs shooting at you as soon as you do from hundreds of meters away.

7. Enemy mechs/fire magically passing through solid walls.

8. After the last two big monthly patches in a row, I caught people talking about them personally using aimbot and how to activate it in the all-chat.

9. A guy bragging in the all-chat after his team won: "AIMBOT FTW!".

Those are just some of the cases I can remember of the top of my head. That is why some of my guys hate doing FW these days. Reason being, as one of them put it a couple days ago: "At least with pubs there is a chance that we will also get a cheater on our team too to help balance it out."

For the most part, it is usually pilots from the big competition units that we catch using them. Watch them the closest.

Wish I could be as pie in the sky as some of the others here, but ignorance is bliss and I have seen too much to stay ignorant.

Good luck.

Most of what you say might be cheating, but have far more common explanations as to how they can happen.

1. Hit reg and Host State Rewind (HSR) are not always accurate. For this, some questions. What is your ping? How stable is your ping? What is the ping of your target? How stable are their pings? HSR doesn't like unstable ping, so if your ping spikes or your target's ping spikes, it can get a little tricky... This can work both ways. I've shot many shots and not had them register. I can also say I've had many shots on my screen hit me (cockpit shake and sounds and all) and yet I got no damage. (This is only a generalized glossing over of facts. Going over everything would be a long post.)

2. To be honest, that probably wasn't a single MPL, but a bundle of them. Possibly up to around 8 of them, depending upon the mech. You also, without realizing it, may have been hit by several different sources. Without being there, it could have even been heat damage you applied from overheating (I don't know, just saying). Some mechs have even, in the past, had some strange effects which doubled the damage to certain components. I know the Wolverine has suffered from this in the past...

3. Some lasers actually can reach out that far and still deal significant damage. CERLLs use to be able to do it, as well as CLPLs. A mech with range extension modules and quirks for greater range (such as the Crab 27) can even reach out that far with reasonable punch. If several enemies are hitting you at that range with similar styled mechs... It can hurt. A lot.

4. There are medium mechs that can actually match, or come real close, the Jenner in terms of max speed. I know I have a Crab 20 that goes 120ish KPH, which, though slower, is more than enough to keep up with you. A Centurion variant can also be fairly speedy, as well as the Cicada and Phoenix Hawk. I believe Trebs can also go reasonably fast as well... (These mechs are most likely running an XL engine. Aim for a side torso, and they can be dropped reasonably fast.)

5. Some mechs actually can shot a lot of lasers and run reasonably cool. There are also Cool Shot consumable modules that can help dissipate the heat faster. I can sight my Crabs (again) on this, as well as my Dragon, Linebacker, Cataphract, Cicada... There is also the possibility of that person having good controlled fire as well as well spaced weapon groupings. Most likely explanation? Probably that Cool Shot consumable...

6. All it takes is one of them to be observant... However this could also be a Wallhack. Most likely explanations are UAV, Seismic Sensor, someone not in that group spotting your before hand (and relaying your position verbally to their team) or just plain or dumb luck... So far, this is the more likely prospect of being a cheat, but as you can see there are still plenty of ways they could have known you where there.

7. This is most likely the culprit of HSR again. On there screen, they were on the other side of that obstruction, shot, hit you and then ducked back behind cover. However, as effects are rendered client side (user side), it sent their shots from where they were standing a few moments after they really shot, which resulted in their fire rendering as though it was going through an obstruction. HSR can be very funky sometimes, but let me just say it is a lot better than the days before hand. (How would you like to lead your lasers 2-3 mech lengths ahead of your target, shooing empty air, to actually hit them and deal damage? Yeah... we didn't like that either...)

8. I have NEVER heard of this one. They could have been trolling/pulling people's legs on this one. However, if what they said was true or if it seemed sincere, report them. You are not allowed, but the terms and conditions agreed to when you downloaded the game, use or spread the use of 3rd party programs, such as Aimbots and Wall hacks. If this really is true, they will find themselves instantly banned from MW:O. I've already seen it happen to several players (some of them even top tier competitive players too)...

9. Most likely... He was joking. Probably had a match a while ago where someone called him out for having an Aimbot (which he may or may not have had). Then, he dragged that into your match, either because that person was in the match as well or just because he was still upset about the accusation. If you honestly think he is being truthful (I don't now why someone would admit that openly, but...) report him. PGI will sort things out, as they have the tools to be able to see if he has odd behaviors. Most likely, I still assert he was probably just joking around/trolling people.

Now, I wish to remark (after all that), that you very well could have also been seeing some cheating going on. I will not be as dumb as to deny it as a possibility. However, there are still many other possibilities that could be the case that involve no cheating at all. That's the hardest thing about this, we sometimes can't tell. Other times, it's as obvious as the the sun on a bright summer day...

When you are barely cresting a hill, and you take a long range gauss shot to the head box only.. its pretty safe to assume that wasn't accidental nor was it amazing natural aim when it came from a mech on the move going laterly across the board as he's fleeing your LRMs and twisting.

When you're engaged point blank brawl with a mech, who has no CT front armor and a yellow CT structure, and he shuts down only to restart with full front CT armor again... that's not accidental or some miraculous act of PGI gods.

It could have been just plain dumb luck. it does happen. I've done it myself before. I did not kill them, but I damaged their head greatly. I would hope you've seen me around enough to trust me when I say I don't cheat. However, sometimes it's just too good to be true... That event would be suspect to me. It raises my warning flag and I start to try and watch that player during the match after that. (AKA: Trust me, I know what you mean. It could be an aim bot, or just dumb luck. You sometimes just don't know.)

As for your second paragraph, I have never seen that one. I can't say what could have happened, and I'd love to respond with "video or it didn't happen", but I don't really mean it completely that way (I'm joking a little here). However, At the same time I wouldn't disbelieve if that somehow did happen. (AKA: I am not calling you a liar, I just have never seen that happen personally. I would love to see a video where it happened.)

That's about as good as the time I saw a Kodiak protected by "double heat gain". I once had a match where, whenever you shot at a specific player piloting a Kodiak, you would gain twice the normal heat. It caught me when I attacked them, and an attack that normally game me around 30% heat suddenly spiked up to 60%. Second volley (from no heat) and I was shut down, where said Kodiak killed me with ease. After that, I observed my teammates, and noticed the same exact thing. Watched as someone whom shooting their payload game them like 12% heat against other target shoot at said Kodiak, and his heat jumped by 24% instead. Then he shot someone else (it was a combat after all) and he gained only 12% heat again. Shoot the Kodiak, and once again double the heat (till he shut down and died). I then watch through a third teammates' view, and noticed the same exact thing... Only ever saw it that once and never repeated again. Was very odd (and I reported him for it).

So, read this as I believe what you say, as much as I might not want to.

#45 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:00 AM

Streaks+Aimbot is the **** !!

#46 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:15 AM

There is more cheating than what many people are willing to admit. For instance:

5. IS med-heavy laser boats alpha'ing multiple times in a row with zero sighs of overheating.

6. Sneaking up a mountain with ecm to peak over the crest only to find multiple enemy mechs shooting at you as soon as you do from hundreds of meters away.

8. After the last two big monthly patches in a row, I caught people talking about them personally using aimbot and how to activate it in the all-chat.

Those are just some of the cases I can remember of the top of my head. That is why some of my guys hate doing FW these days. Reason being, as one of them put it a couple days ago: "At least with pubs there is a chance that we will also get a cheater on our team too to help balance it out."

For the most part, it is usually pilots from the big competition units that we catch using them. Watch them the closest.

Wish I could be as pie in the sky as some of the others here, but ignorance is bliss and I have seen too much to stay ignorant.

Good luck.

1:Hitreg and Server
2:you seeing one , and its was 4 ?!
3:Clan L Laser or range Modules... L Laser firing over 1k with less damage...focus fire ?
4:Big Engie ?XL Engine ?exact 139 Kmh or a little less speed
5:Many DHS , Chainfire..Good Heat/weaponcontrol ...skills,coolant Module
6:you not inversible ...many guy shooting with ecm ,seeing minutes before moving over the terrain in 2k range and seeing the direction of the way ...+TS and Focus Fire-seismic module UAV ?
7:firing tough walls ,or Lag/server problem ...shots miliseconds differnet from Enemy/Your Position?
8:Trollspeak
9: Lol ...a Guy cry Cheater ,im seeing his shoot of a Mate from 700m Range , the guy me not seeing and going along a Hill in His back and firing 4 AC5 in his back -Instant dead -many not understand the minimap/Los Rules mechanic of the Game and have Tunnelview

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 10 December 2016 - 12:17 AM.

#47 Mr D One

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:48 AM

In response to Dee Eight.

In a QP match pug drop you expect a random die roll of 1d6 of ; afk, disconnect, and suicides'.

It is sad that is part of the expected norm with QP but because matches are relatively quick it is not so much of a big deal.

You are absolutely correct in saying that you should drop with people you can trust.

CW matches take a longer to set up and launch. It is just such a dog act because in this scenario Player X said it knew what to do, made an agreement to do it, then basically flipped the middle finger on his verbal promise.

#48 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:51 AM

How isn't this locked already and where is Johnny?

#49 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:59 AM

Why lock it meteorol?

Some posts could belong in the daily whine thread maybe, but reading along with other players experiences, some of the odd things I can now see may have been from HSR, quirks and a combination thereof.

That "ah" moment.

#50 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:10 AM

Good luck.

I remember you, your unit accused us of cheating after you guys got smashed. I think it's more of a case of Git Gud. Aimbot = Setting mouse sensitivity in game to .2 or less, no accel, coupled with a mouse dpi setting of 800dpi. Watch as all of a sudden you can get full burn from lasers on target!!!!!

Edit: I meant to say Clans OP Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 10 December 2016 - 01:14 AM.

#51 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:54 AM

When you are barely cresting a hill, and you take a long range gauss shot to the heat box only.. its pretty safe to assume that wasn't accidental nor was it amazing natural aim when it came from a mech on the move going laterly across the board as he's fleeing your LRMs and twisting.

When you're running a dual-Gauss 'mech, sometimes you just happen hit the head, even if you're moving and the enemy's moving. If the target's moving, it's more luck than anything, but the head hitbox IS there and a small percentage of your shots will land right there, even from great distance and from movement.

When running dual gauss, I have a habit of aiming for the head. Unless the target is still, it's only a small chance of actually hitting and getting an insta kill, but in the worst case I still tend to hit the CT which is still good.

Overall on this topic -- across 4000 games I've never personally witness something that MUST be cheating, so I tend to think it's rare. There are videos on Youtube of people unquestionably running aimbots, so it does happen occasionally. People are also getting banned for it. But I'd say 99% of the time when players accuse others of cheating, it's just them being bad at dealing with setbacks in life. I'm a strictly mediocre player with a KDR of 0.95, and I've been accused of cheating multiple times -- some people are just ridiculous.

#52 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:16 AM

View Postjss78, on 10 December 2016 - 01:54 AM, said:

I'd say 99% of the time when players accuse others of cheating, it's just them being bad at dealing with setbacks in life.

Quoted for truth.

#53 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:29 AM

View Postjss78, on 10 December 2016 - 01:54 AM, said:

When you're running a dual-Gauss 'mech, sometimes you just happen hit the head, even if you're moving and the enemy's moving. If the target's moving, it's more luck than anything, but the head hitbox IS there and a small percentage of your shots will land right there, even from great distance and from movement.

When running dual gauss, I have a habit of aiming for the head. Unless the target is still, it's only a small chance of actually hitting and getting an insta kill, but in the worst case I still tend to hit the CT which is still good.

I always aim for the head. Never going to get that coveted "Guillotine" title without it. Organized units know where to aim. Having had the pleasure of dropping with a couple of the 228 Wild Ones in Scouting and one was calling for the head on a Cent I drilled in the face. He even paused, stuttered a bit and laughed about it. At some point in tier 3 people learn to only shoot the CT (for better or worse). Missed headshots are usually CT! Some exceptions apply.

Cheers!

#54 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:38 AM

View PostPeter Wolf 359, on 10 December 2016 - 12:59 AM, said:

Why lock it meteorol?

I was just wondering, because volunteer mods are often taking down threads that discuss hacking rather quickly.

#55 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:05 AM

Dear new guys reading this: A lot of the hackusations in here are tinfoil hat level silly, especially as they'd depend on server side modifications, nothing that can be done on the local client. And of the all bans for cheating, only two have been high level players (and one of those was basically retired when banned). Suffice to say, 99.9 times out of 100 you get wrecked, it's because the other guy beat you fair and square.

#56 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:45 PM

View Postmeteorol, on 10 December 2016 - 03:38 AM, said:

I was just wondering, because volunteer mods are often taking down threads that discuss hacking rather quickly.

Only if the thread goes from talking about cheating, to advertising means to cheat. (AKA: If someone linked to an aimbot program, this thread would get locked down so fast... I wouldn't be able to finish typing this post! Posted Image )

#57 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:29 PM

@Old MW4 Ranger

1: At point blank range? Some of my guys have reported this happening to them more than a few times and once personally myself. I shoot him countless times at less than 100m with him just slow walking most of the time, like he did not have a care in the world--right before his Blackjack one-shotted my 100% Ebon Jaguar from the front with lasers. Several other people we dropped with on the invasion also reported seeing the same thing from the same guys (I think all 12 of us reported their asses that match). Coincidence?

2: So you are saying that 4 IS mpl's can punch through the combined 40 points of armor and internal of my Mist Lynx? I think not. Besides, the "You have been destroyed" box said that it was only a single mpl that hit and killed me.

3: Clan tech on IS mechs?. Not likely.

4: I believe it was a Hunchback, Griffin, and a Centurion. Now granted, I have no idea what their max speeds are, but I doubt that it is 139 kph. They actually had the nerve to claim that they were all going 116. That was in a scout match.

5: Chainfire? I said they were alpha'ing with everything they had (which was considerable) and I meant it.

6: There were no enemy mechs near me at the time. They were the defenders just coming out after us during an invasion drop and yet they always seemed to know exactly where I was no matter how far away I was or how much cover I had.

7: My guys have reported watching an Atlas walk through a mountain on Emerald Taiga. How can lag do that?

8: You know this for a fact?

9: I did mention that he was bragging about using aimbot during the match and after it proudly shouted "AIMBOT FTW!" did I not? I am pretty sure I did.

@Vxheous Kerensky

That makes one of us. I do not remember you. I remember your unit being either pretty good or a little fishy, but that is it. Looking at that picture, I just have to ask: How long have you been keeping that picture? From the looks of it, I would say that it was about a year old or so. Are you really that in love with me? Should I start burning my garbage now to keep you from getting it?

In a nutshell, I know full well that there are times that something will look off but really is not, I know that. The thing is, I have seen far too many instances where even that was just simply not possible and it is making me and others a little paranoid and I hate it! I hate having to wonder if someone is really that good or if they are using cheats. I just want to run my unit and play the game. I do not want to keep wondering if the other players are playing honestly or not and frankly, I should not have to. But like I said, I have seen far too many cases where that was either the most likely answer or the only answer. One of my guys who is a tech wiz pointed out that there are actually a number of holes in the game mechanics that can be exploited (just google mwo cheats and see for yourself) and for whatever reason PGI has failed to use effective software that would stop a vast majority of the hacking (he mentioned punkbuster for example). So until this problem is properly taken care of, it will only continue to fester and hurt the game even further by making it less enjoyable for us honest players.

Lots of luck guys.

Edited by Jep Jorgensson, 11 December 2016 - 06:15 PM.

#58 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:40 PM

In response to Terciel,

I agree with your post as in the past you said two high level players were caught and banned, and one was close to retiring so it makes it acceptable.(Posted Image ?)

However, it would be naive to believe that there is not someone(s) out there trying to exploit a work around for whatever reason that gives them a jolly.

Alt-account exploiting is still a sanctioned form of intel gathering and farming. Maybe we have to accept that PGI can not police this.

As for being beaten fair and square, I have no problem with being outmatched and defeated as it gives me another source of learning and going, ah, that was clever. I will look out for that tactic/strategy/move in the future.

#59 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:01 PM

View PostJep, on 10 December 2016 - 08:29 PM, said:

@Old MW4 Ranger

1: At point blank range? Some of my guys have reported this happening to them more than a few times and once personally myself. I shoot him countless times at less than 100m with him just slow walking most of the time, like he did not have a care in the world--right before his Blackjack one-shotted my 100% Ebon Jaguar from the front with lasers. Several other people we dropped with on the invasion also reported seeing the same thing from the same guys (I think all 12 of us reported their asses that match). Coincidence?

2: So you are saying that 4 IS mpl's can punch through the combined 40 points of armor and internal of my Mist Lynx? I think not. Besides, the "You have been destroyed" box said that it was only a single mpl that hit and killed me.

4: I believe it was a Hunchback, Griffin, and a Centurion. Now granted, I have no idea what their max speeds are, but I doubt that it is 139 kph. They actually had the nerve to claim that they were all going 116. That was in a scout match.

5: Chainfire? I said they were alpha'ing with everything they had (which was considerable) and I meant it.

6: There were no enemy mechs near me at the time. They were the defenders just coming out after us during an invasion drop and yet they always seemed to know exactly where I was no mater how far away I was or how much cover I had.

7: My guys have reported watching an Atlas walk through a mountain on Emerald Taiga. How can lag do that?

9: I did mention that he was bragging about using aimbot during the match and after it proudly shouted "AIMBOT FTW!" did I not? I am pretty sure I did.

@Vxheous Kerensky

That makes one of us. I do not remember you. I remember your unit being either pretty good or a little fishy, but that is it. Looking at that picture, I just have to ask: How long have you been keeping that picture? From the looks of it, I would say that it was about a year old or so. Are you really that in love with me? Should I start burning my garbage now to keep you from getting it?

In a nutshell, I know full well that there are times that something will look off but really is not, I know that. The thing is, I have seen far too many instances where even that was just simply not possible and it is making me and others a little paranoid and I hate it! I hate having to wonder if someone is really that good or if they are using cheats. I just want to run my unit and play the game. I do not want to keep wondering if the other players are playing honestly or not and frankly, I should not have to. But like I said, I have seen far too many cases where that was either the most likely answer or the only answer. One of my guys who is a tech wiz pointed out that there are actually a number of holes in the game mechanics that can be exploited (just google mwo cheats and see for yourself) and for whatever reason PGI has failed to use effective software that would stop a vast majority of the hacking (he mentioned punkbuster for example). So until this problem is properly taken care of, it will only continue to fester and hurt the game even further by making it less enjoyable for us honest players.

Lots of luck guys.

I have tons of screenshots, and I vaguely remembered one being named "12BG accusing hacks." I can guarantee there's nothing fishy in my unit. Maybe if you guys stopped face tanking and do some twisting while shooting better you wouldn't accuse people of hacking

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 10 December 2016 - 09:08 PM.

#60 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:20 PM

View PostJep, on 10 December 2016 - 08:29 PM, said:

@Old MW4 Ranger

6: There were no enemy mechs near me at the time. They were the defenders just coming out after us during an invasion drop and yet they always seemed to know exactly where I was no mater how far away I was or how much cover I had.

1. Still likely HSR. However, I will mention that HSR doesn't like a ping that fluctuates. This can be manipulated on the player's side, for mostly random results. (Lag Switch kinda idea.) Could be cheating. Could just be poor connection...

2. The death damage screen combines multiple hits from the same weapon as one placement on the list. So, you could be hit by 10,000 MPLs, and it would only inform you that some unknown number of MPLs damaged you on your death screen. It's just how it is...

3. Shouldn't happen. Ever.

4. Griffins can get fast. So can Centurions. Hunchbacks can have a reasonable speed as well. For the most part, the difference between 120 and 140 is rather minimal in a short term "race". Yes, the 140 is faster and will brake away, but set your speed to 20 KPH sometime. That's the difference between you and them. It isn't as much as you think it is.

5. With how many lasers can be shown coming out of a mech, you may not have noticed if they where shooting them in batches of 3-6 or shooting them all. Even then, with enough heatsinks and/or the cool shot consumable, you'd be surprised how cool some energy builds can run. Not to mention what some quirks can do...

6. Invasion mode? Could they have had sensor sweep active?

7. Lag maybe? I've seen mechs (and myself even) literally teleport around due to lag, or even a frame rate drop. Beyond that, without some video or being there... I can't say.

8. (No context to respond.)

9. Some people will make any claims, just to get under other's skin. It's called trolling. Probably what he was doing. Otherwise, report him and move on. Let PGI sort out that mess.

Do realize that I'm not saying cheating couldn't have happened. However, there possibly are more common things that can be to blame. Ultimately, if you suspect some one of cheating, just report them and leave it at that. Do not accuse them of it in the match. Do not poke them with any comments. Just report them and try to forget it ever happened (besides as a possible funny tale).

Edited by Tesunie, 10 December 2016 - 09:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users