#41 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:17 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 20 December 2016 - 09:11 AM, said:

Dumping the lasers, about 3.5t of ammo, not counting arm stripping, as you wouldn't need arms.

Yeah so how much damage is that? I could squeeze 4 in by adding ferro fibrous.

#42 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:17 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 20 December 2016 - 08:46 AM, said:

Really? Yes, you have the DPS of three CUAC5s, but without the range, requiring more facetime, and mounted on a chassis made of coathangers and cheap tinfoil(that pretty much any self respecting heavy medium could severely damage with one shot). Hell, those MGs require at least 9 tons to make any decent use out of them, and nine tons on a 20 tonner is a lot of space. Couple that with the engine requirements(6 more tons), and you have 5 tons left over for armor and/or energy weapons. Not to mention that it's a humanoid mech, which means it will be easier to shoot that it's primary competitor (Locust), just like the Stinger and Wasp. Add that all up and the trollfish just doesn't sound like a good deal.

With all 12 cMG, the Piranha with cXL180 would get 4.5 tons of ammo. That's 900 damage before crits, and all capable of being dealt in 79 seconds of continuous fire.

It would be pretty beastly. Drop to a cXL170 and you get 5.0 tons of ammo (1000 damage potential).

#43 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:18 AM

View PostTarogato, on 20 December 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

With all 12 cMG, the Piranha with cXL180 would get 4.5 tons of ammo. That's 900 damage before crits, and all capable of being dealt in 79 seconds of continuous fire.

It would be pretty beastly. Drop to a cXL170 and you get 5.0 tons of ammo (1000 damage potential).

Oh okay... this is better than I thought.

#44 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:18 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 20 December 2016 - 08:50 AM, said:

These two will never happen because they use Tech Level 3 weapons that PGI will have a real s*** of a time trying to add.

PGI for some stupid, B-S reason, hasn't been able to add the IS ER Small/Medium, UAC 2/10/20, LBX 2/5/20 and Streak 4/6.

What makes you think they'll have an easier time adding Heavy Lasers, Micro Lasers, ER Pulse, X Pulse, Rotary ACs, Heavy Assault Gauss, Heavy Gauss, Light Autocannons, Snub Nose PPC, etc etc.

You misread or didn't read my entire post. I listed theoretical variants that PGI could invent that fit the current technology available in the game. I listed them as the PNA-A and PNA-B, which are *based* on the PNA-2 and PNA-3.

#45 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:20 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 20 December 2016 - 09:14 AM, said:

Dude what?
Locust is like the BEST Inner Sphere light mech, BECAUSE of those quirks.

It's the best IS Light because it's a small, fast chicken-walker that can carry five to six energy weapons. The moment you look beyond the Locust 1E/3M, you see the rest of them aren't that good even with their quirks. The 1V was good once upon a time because of quirks, but the potato Assault pilots put an end to that.

Edited by Requiemking, 20 December 2016 - 09:22 AM.

#46 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:20 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 December 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

Yeah so how much damage is that? I could squeeze 4 in by adding ferro fibrous.

More than enough proportionally to its weight.

#47 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:24 AM

Would absolutely love to see the firemoth in game. If I can boat and alpha 6x er small lasers as effectively as linked video, then this might be the first light mech that I'll pre order. And yes I do like those reversed high mounted arm weapons and it's unique look. Still hoping that we will see the Locust IIC down the road.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 20 December 2016 - 09:25 AM.

#48 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:26 AM

View PostTarogato, on 20 December 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

900-1000 points of damage that require you to be in easy LOLAlpha range and to maintain your aim for the full 79 seconds while running at top speed. More than likely, the dirt is going to eat about a quarter of your max damage.

#49 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:26 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 20 December 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

It's the best IS Light because it's a small, fast chicken-walker that can carry five to six energy weapons. The moment you look beyond the Locust 1E/3M, you see the rest of them aren't that good even with their quirks. The 1V was good once upon a time because of quirks, but the potato Assault pilots put an end to that.

The 1E-3M are good because they can mount weapon payloads suitable for a 20-ton mech.

So can the Piranha and Fire Moth.

The Locust 1S, 3S, 1V, 3V, and 1M ... all struggle because they lack suitable hardpoints for efficient low-tonnage weapons such as lasers and MGs.

View PostRequiemking, on 20 December 2016 - 09:26 AM, said:

900-1000 points of damage that require you to be in easy LOLAlpha range and to maintain your aim for the full 79 seconds while running at top speed. More than likely, the dirt is going to eat about a quarter of your max damage.

Some people just want a new toy. Even if it *was* bad, why are you so eager to deprive them of it? They know what they're asking for.

Edited by Tarogato, 20 December 2016 - 09:28 AM.

#50 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:28 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 20 December 2016 - 09:26 AM, said:

That's why you go in and harvest damage while the mech is engaging someone else.

#51 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:29 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 December 2016 - 09:28 AM, said:

That's why you go in and harvest damage while the mech is engaging someone else.

In other words S.O.P. for light mechs...

#52 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:30 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 20 December 2016 - 09:29 AM, said:

In other words S.O.P. for light mechs...

Yeah.. I was gonna say it but decided to save my snark for some other time.

#53 L3mming2

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:33 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 20 December 2016 - 07:53 AM, said:

Unless PGI have somehow, without our knowing, overcome the Cryengine speed limitations then the Firemoth will never make it into the game.

Full speed without MASC the Firemoth hits 162 km/h. Last I heard the MWO Cryengine can't cope with anything moving in excess of 173 kmh.

Firemoth full speed with MASC it breaks the Cryengine speedo at 216 km/h.

thats without 7.5%speed tweek it would go 174.15... if u ad 20% for mask it would go 208.98kph...

i realy want it but i would not count on it do...

#54 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:33 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 20 December 2016 - 08:57 AM, said:

The Sadcat has the armor and structure of a 45 ton medium. The trollfish does not.

So? The Lolcust still manages to do okay thanks to quirks, speed, and size. If you don't want the Piranha then just don't buy it but don't dump on those of us who have wanted it for a long time.

#55 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:37 AM

View PostTarogato, on 20 December 2016 - 09:26 AM, said:

The 1E-3M are good because they can mount weapon payloads suitable for a 20-ton mech.

So can the Piranha and Fire Moth.

The Locust 1S, 3S, 1V, 3V, and 1M ... all struggle because they lack suitable hardpoints for efficient low-tonnage weapons such as lasers and MGs.

Some people just want a new toy. Even if it *was* bad, why are you so eager to deprive them of it? They know what they're asking for.

Are you joking? The 1V can mount an MPL and 4 MGs with 3 double heatsinks and two tons of ammo with near max armor, while the 3V can mount twin MGs plus twin MPLs with a ton of ammo and the same heatsinks.

I'm simply trying to provide the necessary reality check to remind them that these are bad mechs that do nothing for the game and that all they are doing is getting in the way of making the game better.

#56 L3mming2

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:41 AM

View Post1453 R, on 20 December 2016 - 08:17 AM, said:

Piranha did just mention recently that they've had some codebase improvements. Fire Moth might be theoretically possible at this stage with said improvements.

Insofar as 20-tonners go, it would at least have the benefit of OMFDB speed, which is the best thing a 20-tonner could come with. Armament will be relatively anemic, but that's a small-'Mech issue regardless, if one exacerbated by the Fire Moth's stock configurations. Only the Prime and D have anything resembling MWO-appropriate hardpoint loadouts, with the A earning a special place in the game as "Less Well Armed than the SDR-5V" with one, single missile hardpoint and a TAG to its name. Some of the FutureTech variants are actually pretty boss (F and H would be nice), but the right-now variants are mostly flat garbage short the Beam Spam fit and the SRM Guy fit.

Nevertheless, it'd be infinitely better than most Sphere 20-tonners, and would have the niche of OMFDB speed to earn a place. I'd rather see it than the Piranha, as hilarious as the Piranha would be.

it can take 6 clan spl... i run a LCT-1E whit 6 spl, i would kill for a faster LCT-1E whit more range and 50% more firepower...

View PostMole, on 20 December 2016 - 08:30 AM, said:

People really hate the look of the high mounted arms, huh? I always thought it was awfully unique and I like unique looking 'mechs. The Crab is my favorite IS 'mech aesthetically speaking and the Firemoth is my favorite Clan 'mech aesthetically speaking. Just because they're both so weird. Anyway, I'd love to see a Firemoth. A Piranha would be good too. But in all honesty I'm just glad it's confirmed to be a light. It's been so long. Whatever it is, my wallet will be open for it.

me too ... unless it is slow... gotogofast

#57 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:43 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 20 December 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

Are you joking? The 1V can mount an MPL and 4 MGs with 3 double heatsinks and two tons of ammo with near max armor, while the 3V can mount twin MGs plus twin MPLs with a ton of ammo and the same heatsinks.

I'm simply trying to provide the necessary reality check to remind them that these are bad mechs that do nothing for the game and that all they are doing is getting in the way of making the game better.

Ok let's not add the fire moth since it gonna be a bad mech easy to hit mist lynx arms gonna pretty much neutering it for the entire fight, so let's add real competitive lights like the Incubus and Locust IIC everyone will be happy that their mech they wanted to see won't be added into game.

#58 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:45 AM

View PostL3mming2, on 20 December 2016 - 09:33 AM, said:

thats without 7.5%speed tweek it would go 174.15... if u ad 20% for mask it would go 208.98kph...

i realy want it but i would not count on it do...

Keep in mind, that speed tweak won't exist by the time this light mech is released. It is entirely possible that PGI would just block off the speed skill tree for this guy.

#59 Cryzak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 132 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:46 AM

I want piranha!!!

#60 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:47 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 20 December 2016 - 09:43 AM, said:

Ok let's not add the fire moth since it gonna be a bad mech easy to hit mist lynx arms gonna pretty much neutering it for the entire fight, so let's add real competitive lights like the Incubus and Locust IIC everyone will be happy that their mech they wanted to see won't be added into game.

Funny part is...I don't see the Fire Moth as a bad mech honestly....it's got the speed, it's got weapon loadout options, it had high mounted weapons. It won't be bad at all....you guys gotta stop expecting the world from every new mech...especially light mechs. People that qq lights are to easy to kill do realize they are in every sense a LIGHT mech....do you expect say a M551 Sheridan to survive a hit from a T-72? Light ANY usually means fragile...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users