234 replies to this topic

#61 0111101

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:47 AM

View PostQuantumButler, on 20 December 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

**** the firemoth, ugly no good piece of trash that it is.

Nah.

View PostBattlemaster56, on 20 December 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

Ok so does the Fire Moth in a sense, all it bring is a light with masc nothing else.

Name another mech currently in-game with higher arm mounts, don't worry I'll wait. Take your time. While you're at it, name a light in-game that has a faster land speed. Oh and if it's all good please go ahead and list all the other Clan 20 tonners currently in-game. I expect that last item will take a while seeing as there's so many of them.

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 20 December 2016 - 07:56 AM, said:

I'm no clanner, but i'd rather see the Piranha over the Fire Moth.

Unless you guys REALLY want those high-mounted arms, that look beyond ridiculous.
Posted Image

Beyond ridiculous? Nah they're practical, unlike the gorilla arms most other mechs have.

View PostKasumi Sumika, on 20 December 2016 - 08:24 AM, said:

I hate those overly high-mounted hands it's awkward and ugly...

That's it. OH THAT IS IT. It's over for you guys once they put the Moth in game. Finito.

Pray I never get my hands on that beautiful chassis. You'll pay for trash talking my babby.

#62 L3mming2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:52 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 December 2016 - 09:45 AM, said:

Keep in mind, that speed tweak won't exist by the time this light mech is released. It is entirely possible that PGI would just block off the speed skill tree for this guy.

it is on the showcased skill tree, and i would be verry pissed off if they did, that would be like bloking the structure and armor tree for a assault..

i realy want a new light and i will pre order it but if they try that i will ask for a refund and wine every day for atleast a week :P

#63 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:52 AM

View PostCK16, on 20 December 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

Funny part is...I don't see the Fire Moth as a bad mech honestly....it's got the speed, it's got weapon loadout options, it had high mounted weapons. It won't be bad at all....you guys gotta stop expecting the world from every new mech...especially light mechs. People that qq lights are to easy to kill do realize they are in every sense a LIGHT mech....do you expect say a M551 Sheridan to survive a hit from a T-72? Light ANY usually means fragile...

I'm not against the idea of the Fire Moth to come into the game at all, actually I fully support it but I just rather have the Piranha first, and I been playing my lights recently after I finishing elitling my Jenner IIc's I'm planning to rebuy the Panthers so I can run them again.

#64 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:53 AM

Ibwould wreak so much havoc with the Fire Moth...so much havoc...

#65 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:55 AM

View Post0111101, on 20 December 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

Nah.

Name another mech currently in-game with higher arm mounts, don't worry I'll wait. Take your time. While you're at it, name a light in-game that has a faster land speed. Oh and if it's all good please go ahead and list all the other Clan 20 tonners currently in-game. I expect that last item will take a while seeing as there's so many of them.

Thoses arms will be fun ripping apart, and I plan on ripping them slowly if your piloting them, but I digress and all I'm saying the mech really not that unique to me it just akward arms and masc that's all. Still buy if it's announced.

#66 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:58 AM

View Post0111101, on 20 December 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

Nah.

Beyond ridiculous? Nah they're practical, unlike the gorilla arms most other mechs have.

That's it. OH THAT IS IT. It's over for you guys once they put the Moth in game. Finito.

Pray I never get my hands on that beautiful chassis. You'll pay for trash talking my babby.

Don't be shy, bro. Show us your Firemoth body pillow.

Posted Image

#67 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:01 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 20 December 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

Are you joking? The 1V can mount an MPL and 4 MGs with 3 double heatsinks and two tons of ammo with near max armor, while the 3V can mount twin MGs plus twin MPLs with a ton of ammo and the same heatsinks.

I'm simply trying to provide the necessary reality check to remind them that these are bad mechs that do nothing for the game and that all they are doing is getting in the way of making the game better.

The Clans need a 20-ton option for Commodity Warfare drop deck purposes. It's a weight point that needs to be filled. The fact that 20 tons is generally a less-than-good weight point is sort of irrelevant - the Sphere has Locusts they can use to frontload their drop decks with, the Clans need either a Fire Moth, a Piranha, or some sort of crazed PiranhaTech 20-tonner kitbash light to do the same thing.

Between the two, the Fire Moth has more* options and the niche of OMFDB speed, while the Piranha has one hilarious option and not much else. Nevertheless, the 20-tonner weight point for the Clans needs to exist. If you don't like that weight point? Don't use it. The light pilots will have fun with it either way since they haven't gotten a bone since...schitt I can't even remember what the last light release was...

View PostL3mming2, on 20 December 2016 - 09:41 AM, said:

it can take 6 clan spl... i run a LCT-1E whit 6 spl, i would kill for a faster LCT-1E whit more range and 50% more firepower...

That's mostly what I was saying. The Fire Moth has two options to the Piranha's one - beamspam, and mixed beamspam/missiles. I.e. the Prime and D fits. cSPL dagger rogue would almost certainly be the best use of the chassis, but the A, B, and C fits are all laughingstocks. You'd have to kitbash like a mofo to get workable pod set-ups, and that's assuming the pods don't conflict with each other. I don't have any TROs on hand to confirm possible hardpoint layouts with, so all I can go by is the Sarna stock fits. Which are...mostly butt. With the semi-exception of the Prime and the mostly-exception of the D.

So, in essence...I'm saying we all want the D. Hueh hueh hueh.

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 December 2016 - 09:45 AM, said:

Keep in mind, that speed tweak won't exist by the time this light mech is released. It is entirely possible that PGI would just block off the speed skill tree for this guy.

People would scream, but frankly I'd consider that a bit of a plus. While it'd be tempting to sink 75 nodes into mobility for the Fire Moth, I just don't have that much meth, and being able to use the nodes on kooky stuff or a heavy emphasis on weapons instead would also help give the Fire Moth a niche. There's no point in durability upgrades for a 20-tonner, which could make this guy a natural platform for Weird Junk like RaDerp or Seismic that most folks aren't taking anymore, or whatever else Piranha decides to bake up.

Or just sinking 75 nodes into cSPLs and opening up AtlAsses all day erry day, I suppose.

#68 Wrathful Scythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:06 AM

View PostTristan Winter, on 20 December 2016 - 09:58 AM, said:

Don't be shy, bro. Show us your Firemoth body pillow.

Didn't expect to see melon pan on here. :x

On topic: Firemoth or Piranha. Either is fine by me but damn, I want another fast clan-light.

#69 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:11 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 20 December 2016 - 09:14 AM, said:

Dude what?
Locust is like the BEST Inner Sphere light mech, BECAUSE of those quirks.

Actually, because of the IS 35-tonners being inflated massively.

It had those quirks pre-rescale (better quirks in fact) but wasn't spoken of as the best light evar until after the Great Embiggening™.

#70 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:25 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 December 2016 - 09:10 AM, said:

How much ammo can it bring?

In SSW, without upgrading the engine and leaving full armor, and removing the lasers and adding ferro, you can have 4 tons of Mgun ammo... is that enough when they are your only weapon system?

4 tons of ammo is enough to deal major damage, for a 20 ton mech. More importantly, the mech can do the damage in a relatively short amount of time. 11.4 DPS is unrivaled in Light class.

Edited by El Bandito, 20 December 2016 - 10:25 AM.

#71 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:27 AM

View PostKunato Developments, on 20 December 2016 - 08:43 AM, said:

About time for a new light.
Had a game yesterday where MM thought a night gyr and a freaking timberwolf can have a pass on alpha "light" lance.
That's how heavy mwo has become.

Simply because bad heavy and assaults got killed before by lights and whined and whined until the light mech class got several direct and indirect nerfs while the fatties twist light chubby dervishes...of course everyone moves to the heavier classes

#72 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:27 AM

View PostFupDup, on 20 December 2016 - 10:11 AM, said:

Actually, because of the IS 35-tonners being inflated massively.

It had those quirks pre-rescale (better quirks in fact) but wasn't spoken of as the best light evar until after the Great Embiggening™.

Don't forget that it also got much smaller in the rescale. It went from a small target to a tiny target. That helped it a lot too.

#73 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:28 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 20 December 2016 - 08:46 AM, said:

Really? Yes, you have the DPS of three CUAC5s, but without the range, requiring more facetime, and mounted on a chassis made of coathangers and cheap tinfoil(that pretty much any self respecting heavy medium could severely damage with one shot). Hell, those MGs require at least 9 tons to make any decent use out of them, and nine tons on a 20 tonner is a lot of space. Couple that with the engine requirements(6 more tons), and you have 5 tons left over for armor and/or energy weapons. Not to mention that it's a humanoid mech, which means it will be easier to shoot that it's primary competitor (Locust), just like the Stinger and Wasp. Add that all up and the trollfish just doesn't sound like a good deal.

You are the guy who advocates Firemoth and Baboon, of all mechs instead. If you can't even see how sucky your alternatives are, then there is nothing I wish to say to you.

#74 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:33 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 20 December 2016 - 10:28 AM, said:

You are the guy who advocates Firemoth and Baboon, of all mechs instead. If you can't even see how sucky your alternatives are, then there is nothing I wish to say to you.

I think the Firemoth will be fine.

#75 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:35 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 20 December 2016 - 10:28 AM, said:

I stopped advocating for the Firemoth months ago. As for the Howler, it serves a unique purpose among Light mech(ultralight sniper), it isn't a Locust ripoff, and it can run more than one build. However, I understand that it will likely never end up in game, and as such I'm more interested in getting the game up to the point where it won't die next year.

Edited by Requiemking, 20 December 2016 - 10:39 AM.

#76 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:38 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 20 December 2016 - 10:35 AM, said:

I stopped advocating for the Firemoth months ago. As for the Howler, it serves a unique purpose among Light mech(ultralight sniper), it isn't a Locust ripoff, and it can run more than one build.

Sniper? 3 LRM5 isn't a sniper build. Sniper weapons are like ERLL, ERPPC, UAC/2, or Gauss. LRMs are more like suppression weapons, and often not even good ones at that.

#77 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:40 AM

View PostFupDup, on 20 December 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

Sniper? 3 LRM5 isn't a sniper build. Sniper weapons are like ERLL, ERPPC, UAC/2, or Gauss. LRMs are more like suppression weapons, and often not even good ones at that.

Howler 3, one ERPPC.

#78 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:41 AM

View PostFupDup, on 20 December 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

LMAO, 3 LRM5s.. a "unique ultralight sniper".

So much wrong with that statement, most obvious being that the Locust can also bring 3 LRM5s.

#79 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:41 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 December 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

LMAO, 3 LRM5s.. a "unique ultralight sniper".

So much wrong with that statement, most obvious being that the Locust can also bring 3 LRM5s.

I was talking about the Howler 3. Really, you should do your research.

#80 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:42 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 20 December 2016 - 10:40 AM, said:

Howler 3, one ERPPC.

Mist Lynx can do that with ECM and jump jets. So "unique".

Also relevant:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3363253029cc613

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 20 December 2016 - 10:44 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users