Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:53 AM

Posted Image

#4 Alan Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:53 AM

Unless PGI have somehow, without our knowing, overcome the Cryengine speed limitations then the Firemoth will never make it into the game.

Full speed without MASC the Firemoth hits 162 km/h. Last I heard the MWO Cryengine can't cope with anything moving in excess of 173 kmh.

Firemoth full speed with MASC it breaks the Cryengine speedo at 216 km/h.

#5 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:55 AM

Well, we can have the Firemoth, as soon as they figure out how to stop the game from crashing due to mechs running faster than 170 KPH.

#6 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:56 AM

I'm no clanner, but i'd rather see the Piranha over the Fire Moth.

Unless you guys REALLY want those high-mounted arms, that look beyond ridiculous.
Posted Image

#7 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:58 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 20 December 2016 - 07:53 AM, said:

Posted Image

No, just no. The Piranha is just a trollish Clan Locust that does nothing new. I'd much rather finish the original wave of invasion mechs.

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 20 December 2016 - 07:56 AM, said:

Unless you guys REALLY want those high-mounted arms, that look beyond ridiculous.
Posted Image

At least the Firemoth could be pokemaster 9000. Seriously, the Firemoth wouldn't have a single low mounted hardpoint on it.

#8 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:58 AM

Posted Image

Brah I caught a fish this BIG!!!!

View PostRequiemking, on 20 December 2016 - 07:56 AM, said:

No, just no. The Piranha is just a trollish Clan Locust that does nothing new. I'd much rather finish the original wave of invasion mechs.

But think of all the that open armor and legs just few you to chew on with some mgs.... Posted Image

#9 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:00 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 20 December 2016 - 07:53 AM, said:

Unless PGI have somehow, without our knowing, overcome the Cryengine speed limitations then the Firemoth will never make it into the game.

Full speed without MASC the Firemoth hits 162 km/h. Last I heard the MWO Cryengine can't cope with anything moving in excess of 173 kmh.

with the changes they have done to create soem supernova mechs that enver existed i am sure they can make some firemoth at proper speed with some compensation for the tonnage.

#10 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:00 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 20 December 2016 - 07:53 AM, said:

The Commando went 171.1 kph. As far as I understand, PGI's netcode degrades with speed - it's not like you hit a barrier and suddenly hitreg is borked, it just gradually gets worse the faster you go, and back in open beta, PGI determined that 170-some kph was about the limit where they felt comfortable. Keep in mind this was back in open beta. Now we have improved HSR, new regional servers, and probably some other miscellaneous minor improvements.

So if MWO could handle a 171.1 kph Commando in the past, it should be able to handle a 174.2 kph Fire Moth right now.

And keep in mind, the Fire Moth is probably the only mech that will ever be released into the game to use Clan MASC Mk.1, so PGI could even tune Clan MASC Mk.1 to have a 0% speed boost without affecting any other mechs, and the Fire Moth would still go 174.2 kph, and get the benefits of MASC acceleration that blow the Locust out of the water.

PGI, make it so!

Posted Image

Edited by Tarogato, 20 December 2016 - 08:03 AM.

#11 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:01 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 20 December 2016 - 07:58 AM, said:

Brah I caught a fish this BIG!!!!
But think of all the that open armor and legs just few you to chew on with some mgs.... Posted Image

You can already do that with the Locust 1V and the 3V. On Clan side we have the Kit Fox, the Shadow Cat, ect.. The Piranha is just a troll mech that does nothing new and has no reason to be in game aside from being a Clan Diamond Shark mech.

#12 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:04 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 20 December 2016 - 07:58 AM, said:

At least the Firemoth could be pokemaster 9000. Seriously, the Firemoth wouldn't have a single low mounted hardpoint on it.

Tonnage won't allow it. 30 ton Arctic Cheetah with ECM is already struggling to poke with some relevance and usually failing. What makes you think mere 20 ton Firemoth with 6.75 tons pod space will be able to do better?

View PostBattlemaster56, on 20 December 2016 - 07:58 AM, said:

Piranha deals 11.4 DPS with those 12 MGs. It does not need open sections. It opens sections by itself just fine with a fire power that is equivalent to three heatless CUAC5s. Especially since MG CoF is reduced by 60%. Requiemking simply does not see reason. Or he does not know math.

Edited by El Bandito, 20 December 2016 - 08:43 AM.

#13 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:05 AM

Posted Image

Lots of mechs look ridiculous PA.*

*Pre-Alex

#14 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:09 AM

View PostRequiemking, on 20 December 2016 - 08:01 AM, said:

You can already do that with the Locust 1V and the 3V. On Clan side we have the Kit Fox, the Shadow Cat, ect.. The Piranha is just a troll mech that does nothing new and has no reason to be in game aside from being a Clan Diamond Shark mech.

Ok so does the Fire Moth in a sense, all it bring is a light with masc nothing else.

#15 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:11 AM

View PostTercieI, on 20 December 2016 - 08:05 AM, said:

Lots of mechs look ridiculous PA.*

*Pre-Alex

Lots of mechs look ridiculous PM.*

*Post-modelling

(I'm looking at you, Warhawk, Iceferret, Victor... )

#16 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:13 AM

**** the firemoth, ugly no good piece of trash that it is.

#17 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:14 AM

View PostTarogato, on 20 December 2016 - 08:11 AM, said:

Lots of mechs look ridiculous PM.*

*Post-modelling

Lots of mechs look ridiculous PD.*

*Post-Dynamic Geo

Spoiler

#18 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:17 AM

Piranha did just mention recently that they've had some codebase improvements. Fire Moth might be theoretically possible at this stage with said improvements.

Insofar as 20-tonners go, it would at least have the benefit of OMFDB speed, which is the best thing a 20-tonner could come with. Armament will be relatively anemic, but that's a small-'Mech issue regardless, if one exacerbated by the Fire Moth's stock configurations. Only the Prime and D have anything resembling MWO-appropriate hardpoint loadouts, with the A earning a special place in the game as "Less Well Armed than the SDR-5V" with one, single missile hardpoint and a TAG to its name. Some of the FutureTech variants are actually pretty boss (F and H would be nice), but the right-now variants are mostly flat garbage short the Beam Spam fit and the SRM Guy fit.

Nevertheless, it'd be infinitely better than most Sphere 20-tonners, and would have the niche of OMFDB speed to earn a place. I'd rather see it than the Piranha, as hilarious as the Piranha would be.

#19 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:18 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 20 December 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

Lots of mechs look ridiculous PD.*

*Post-Dynamic Geo

Spoiler

Bruh, do you even Dragon?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 20 December 2016 - 08:19 AM.

#20 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:18 AM

View Post1453 R, on 20 December 2016 - 08:17 AM, said:

Piranha did just mention recently that they've had some codebase improvements. Fire Moth might be theoretically possible at this stage with said improvements.

Insofar as 20-tonners go, it would at least have the benefit of OMFDB speed, which is the best thing a 20-tonner could come with. Armament will be relatively anemic, but that's a small-'Mech issue regardless, if one exacerbated by the Fire Moth's stock configurations. Only the Prime and D have anything resembling MWO-appropriate hardpoint loadouts, with the A earning a special place in the game as "Less Well Armed than the SDR-5V" with one, single missile hardpoint and a TAG to its name. Some of the FutureTech variants are actually pretty boss (F and H would be nice), but the right-now variants are mostly flat garbage short the Beam Spam fit and the SRM Guy fit.

Nevertheless, it'd be infinitely better than most Sphere 20-tonners, and would have the niche of OMFDB speed to earn a place. I'd rather see it than the Piranha, as hilarious as the Piranha would be.

Give me Piranah or give me death.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users