#41 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:37 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 03 January 2017 - 04:43 AM, said:

thats not going to be annoyign with the lore speed it has, it will just be a one shot free kill

Well then time to hitch a ride on a locust, to my targets then

Posted Image

#42 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:44 AM

View PostMarsThunder, on 03 January 2017 - 04:29 AM, said:

Enough of mechs. Improve the game.

Less mechs added will not improve the game any faster then it is currently. Most of those in charge of mech making are involved with other parts of the game. It has been said thousands of times already, mechs do not hinder or help development. Not like this is new anyway, a mech a month isn't killing them. Infact 1 a month is easier for them then the 4 packs every 4 months.

Mechs will keep coming,even the community voiced this on a recent poll for Russ.

#43 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:49 AM

Enough mechs. There is one thing I want in 2017 and that is a TECH JUMP with some new weapons. I say bring those ATMs, MRMs, heavy lasers, x-pulse lasers, PPC capacitors, RAC, HVAC, light and heavy gauss rifles... Make MechWarrior fun is that so much to ask.

#44 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:13 AM

View PostNeoCodex, on 03 January 2017 - 05:49 AM, said:

Enough mechs. There is one thing I want in 2017 and that is a TECH JUMP with some new weapons. I say bring those ATMs, MRMs, heavy lasers, x-pulse lasers, PPC capacitors, RAC, HVAC, light and heavy gauss rifles... Make MechWarrior fun is that so much to ask.

slow down their mate, it better to fill the current tech rack for IS before we go diving in the hornets nest. First IS UAC 2/10/20, LBX 2/5/20, Streak 4/6 and ER Medium and Small lasers then we can go to FedCom/ Jihad era weapons.

#45 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:47 AM

I wanted to vote for 5 Clan mechs so I just didn't vote for the Mad Cat Mk. II. We know we are getting it anyway, its just a matter of when.

#46 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:53 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 03 January 2017 - 07:47 AM, said:

I wanted to vote for 5 Clan mechs so I just didn't vote for the Mad Cat Mk. II. We know we are getting it anyway, its just a matter of when.

That is kind of the point here though is what of those options we want in 2017 >.>

#47 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:54 AM

All I want is new lights.

#48 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:58 AM

Well then I will settle for receiving one of my Clan votes in Jan 2018

View PostTercieI, on 03 January 2017 - 07:54 AM, said:

All I want is new lights.

I would like to see a couple more lights but heavies and assaults are where my heart is, and the game is pretty low on Assaults as well.

What we need least of all is IS mediums.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 03 January 2017 - 07:58 AM.

#49 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,496 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:59 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 03 January 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

I would like to see a couple more lights but heavies and assaults are where my heart is, and the game is pretty low on Assaults as well.

And yet you probably voted for the Fisher instead of the Rhino since you are still hoping it will have ECM and enough high mounts to do something useful XD

#50 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:00 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 03 January 2017 - 07:57 AM, said:

No, it's not. It's frigging dripping with assaults. Low on variety of assaults, I suppose it is. We've still seen four since the last light.

#51 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:01 AM

I voted for and want the Mad Cat Mk. II but if I'm being honest, it's a 3066 'Mech and the variants have too much future tech so it probably shouldn't be released in the current state of MWO because I don't want PGI to make too many made-up variants ('Mechs).

#52 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:07 AM

So...do you drink for each vote you make, each option in the list, or until you pass out, on this one?

#53 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:15 AM

Confirmed for 2017 already:

3 IS mechs: 2 mediums, 1 heavy
1 Clan mech: 1 Assault
1 Light mech: we all assume this one is Clan but has not been confirmed yet. It shouls be a Clan 20 tonner in my opinion.

So, we probably should NOT see another IS medium, considering we are getting two and already have more IS mediums than any other classification of mech.

I would like to see a couple assaults and a couple lights on the IS side. The Clan side is more of an open book, unfortunately for me, they probably wont be seeing many more assaults until later in the year due to the last 2 assault announcements but you never know. The only Clan heavies I can think of being attractive are the Nova Cat and the Black Python ( I vote Nova Cat there, because nostalgia and gunboat focused 70 tonner). No Clan medium really calls to me. Fire Moth and Piranha would be cool, also Horned Owl and Fire Falcon. Assault-wise I am interested in the Kingfisher, Turkina, and Mad Cat Mk. II, as well as the Blood Asp if we ever get heavy lasers. But again, the last 2 Clan mechs announced were assaults, so we will probably have a break from clan assaults for now.

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 03 January 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

And yet you probably voted for the Fisher instead of the Rhino since you are still hoping it will have ECM and enough high mounts to do something useful XD

Sorry, its just more interesting to me, and I will be shocked if it doesn't have ECM. I am also pretty certain many of its hardpoints would be between the chest and eye level. I'd take the Stone Rhino though... what does it do differently from a KDK-3 again?

View PostTercieI, on 03 January 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

No, it's not. It's frigging dripping with assaults. Low on variety of assaults, I suppose it is. We've still seen four since the last light.

Um if you count up the chassis, assaults are the least represented weight Class, aside from lights. If anything, the game is "dripping" with mediums.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 03 January 2017 - 08:16 AM.

#54 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:25 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 03 January 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

Um if you count up the chassis, assaults are the least represented weight Class, aside from lights. If anything, the game is "dripping" with mediums.

My (admittedly tangential) point was the play of the game is way too assault-heavy. Available chassis, you're right, of course. The 240/265 drop decks in CWFP have only exacerbated the ridiculous imbalance. The IS can now take drop decks with two assaults and no lights. That's completely daft.

#55 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:27 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 03 January 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

I just checked... so essentially it can do the dual gauss dual er ppc thing like the Kodiak, but with Jump Jets...

Its the power creep this community deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

#56 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:30 AM

I'd take the Stone Rhino though... what does it do differently from a KDK-3 again?

Depending on whether they try and copy the hardpoints of a future variant like the MAD-IIC-D and SHC-P or not, but one of them would have 1B/1E side torsos at minimum, which means Gauss/PPCs in the torso which would be a step up from the KDK-3. The Stone Rhino (2 I think it is) is really the only potential competition for the KDK-3.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 03 January 2017 - 08:31 AM.

#57 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:33 AM

View PostTercieI, on 03 January 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

My (admittedly tangential) point was the play of the game is way too assault-heavy. Available chassis, you're right, of course. The 240/265 drop decks in CWFP have only exacerbated the ridiculous imbalance. The IS can now take drop decks with two assaults and no lights. That's completely daft.

Yeah that's true, but that is kind of why I expect to see more heavies/assaults released, they are more popular. In my opinion, with the exception of the Nova Cat, I don't think we need to add any more heavies for now. I would be on board to focus on lights and assaults, I'm just not sure I'm on board with releasing 4 lights in a row... light play just isn't popular enough for that.

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 03 January 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

Depending on whether they try and copy the hardpoints of a future variant like the MAD-IIC-D and SHC-P or not, but one of them would have 1B/1E side torsos at minimum, which means Gauss/PPCs in the torso which would be a step up from the KDK-3. The Stone Rhino (2 I think it is) is really the only potential competition for the KDK-3.

And with Jump Jets...sounds fun, but... its also a little power creepy.

#58 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:33 AM

Actually, there are currently more heavies in game than mediums (21 vs 20).

View PostGas Guzzler, on 03 January 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

And with Jump Jets...sounds fun, but... its also a little power creepy.

All I'm saying is that is the only Clan assault that will ever be relevant until the KDK-3 gets nerfed.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 03 January 2017 - 08:34 AM.

#59 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:35 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 03 January 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

Actually, there are currently more heavies in game than mediums (21 vs 20).

Oh, damn you are right. By April they will be even (mediums will take the lead in March).

#60 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:35 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 03 January 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

Yeah that's true, but that is kind of why I expect to see more heavies/assaults released, they are more popular. In my opinion, with the exception of the Nova Cat, I don't think we need to add any more heavies for now. I would be on board to focus on lights and assaults, I'm just not sure I'm on board with releasing 4 lights in a row... light play just isn't popular enough for that.

Oh, no, that would be silly. I just don't personally care about anything else.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users