What Is The Best Lrm Boat In The Game?

186 replies to this topic

#141 DUMAR

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 04:44 PM

View PostThreeStooges, on 06 April 2021 - 01:12 PM, said:

Stealth 3l with lrm 10s and tag. No one expects stealth lrms.

No

#142 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,798 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 04:47 PM

View PostWolvesX, on 31 January 2017 - 07:15 AM, said:

I like the absent one best.

my favorite lerm boat is the one standing in front of my flea.

#143 DUMAR

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 04:49 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 06 April 2021 - 04:47 PM, said:

my favorite lerm boat is the one standing in front of my flea.

Always fun

#144 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:37 AM

View PostThreeStooges, on 06 April 2021 - 01:12 PM, said:

Stealth 3l with lrm 10s and tag. No one expects stealth lrms.
Your need to maintain sensor contacts and your use of stealth armor are mutually exclusive. That build just doesn't work.

#145 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 05:28 AM

View PostHorseman, on 07 April 2021 - 04:37 AM, said:

Your need to maintain sensor contacts and your use of stealth armor are mutually exclusive. That build just doesn't work.

would you pls stop using logikz and stuffz?! topic is about lerms... Posted Image

#146 DUMAR

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 06:24 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 07 April 2021 - 05:28 AM, said:

would you pls stop using logikz and stuffz?! topic is about lerms... Posted Image

No one likes artillery we know. King of the battlefield for a reason

Edited by DUMAR, 07 April 2021 - 06:24 AM.

#147 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 07 April 2021 - 08:12 AM

Vulture

#148 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:10 AM

View PostDUMAR, on 07 April 2021 - 06:24 AM, said:

No one likes artillery we know. King of the battlefield for a reason

yeah, well.. then read up pls.

artillery is artillery. lrms are NOT. google long tom or thumper. that's arty.
lrms are as much arty as is an ac5 or ppc - they are not, nor where they ever meant as such.

#149 DUMAR

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:32 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 07 April 2021 - 09:10 AM, said:

yeah, well.. then read up pls.

artillery is artillery. lrms are NOT. google long tom or thumper. that's arty.
lrms are as much arty as is an ac5 or ppc - they are not, nor where they ever meant as such.

No its guided rocket artillery duh that is a real thing you know. https://en.wikipedia...h_Rocket_System
So yes they are artillery. Artillery is more then big guns that go boom

Edited by DUMAR, 07 April 2021 - 09:33 AM.

#150 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:59 AM

Lurms are anime style missile swarm weapons for making fancy effects happen, not artillery. Arrow IV is the actual guided rocket type of artillery.

Artillery on the other hand IS the king of the battlefield, making up by far the majority of all kills. Artillery also makes all boots and vehicles on the ground impotent and irrelevant, which is why it has no place in a game like MWO. You do not want players to be impotent and irrelevant, no matter how realistic it is. Having indirect fire in a game like this actively makes the game worse, because that kind of realism is the very opposite of fun.

Real armies use artillery to make sure they win as unfairly as possible and their enemies have as little fun as possible.

Artillery belongs in horror games, where its effects suit the purpose of the game.

#151 DUMAR

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:04 AM

View PostGagis, on 07 April 2021 - 09:59 AM, said:

Lurms are anime style missile swarm weapons for making fancy effects happen, not artillery. Arrow IV is the actual guided rocket type of artillery.

Artillery on the other hand IS the king of the battlefield, making up by far the majority of all kills. Artillery also makes all boots and vehicles on the ground impotent and irrelevant, which is why it has no place in a game like MWO. You do not want players to be impotent and irrelevant, no matter how realistic it is. Having indirect fire in a game like this actively makes the game worse, because that kind of realism is the very opposite of fun.

Real armies use artillery to make sure they win as unfairly as possible and their enemies have as little fun as possible.

Artillery belongs in horror games, where its effects suit the purpose of the game.

Its advanced future rocket artillery with guidance systems. We can have giant fusion power robots with lasers but not advanced future rocket artillery is too much??
https://www.military...live-fire-night

Edited by DUMAR, 07 April 2021 - 10:05 AM.

#152 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:10 AM

View PostDUMAR, on 07 April 2021 - 10:04 AM, said:

Its advanced future rocket artillery with guidance systems. We can have giant fusion power robots with lasers but not advanced future rocket artillery is too much??
https://www.military...live-fire-night

pls read up on battletech, and just familiarize yourself with mechwarrior. lrms =|= arty in in battletech, plain and simple. the ingame-arty is an "arty-strike" (fired from a longtom, thumper or whatever), hence the name.
feel free to disagree. Posted Image

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 07 April 2021 - 10:14 AM.

#153 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:13 AM

The one that stays with the group, get thier own locks, and dosnt boat only lrms...

#154 DUMAR

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:19 AM

View PostGrus, on 07 April 2021 - 10:13 AM, said:

The one that stays with the group, get thier own locks, and dosnt boat only lrms...

DUH

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 07 April 2021 - 10:10 AM, said:

pls read up on battletech, and just familiarize yourself with mechwarrior. lrms =|= arty in in battletech, plain and simple. the ingame-arty is an "arty-strike" (fired from a longtom, thumper or whatever), hence the name.
feel free to disagree. Posted Image

That makes zero sense if it looks like a duck walks like a duck quacks like a duck its a duck

#155 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:24 AM

View PostDUMAR, on 07 April 2021 - 10:19 AM, said:

DUH

That makes zero sense if it looks like a duck walks like a duck quacks like a duck its a duck

You say this, but more often than not, you'll catch a LRM boat, in the back, BY HIM SELF, with nothing but lrm's... my TDK loves it.

#156 DUMAR

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:30 AM

View PostGrus, on 07 April 2021 - 10:24 AM, said:

You say this, but more often than not, you'll catch a LRM boat, in the back, BY HIM SELF, with nothing but lrm's... my TDK loves it.

Yea people do that but I see a lot more people with direct fire PPC doing that then LRMs. Number of times I seen last mech standing is some near fresh mech with long range direst fire weapon after all his team died and sitting there trying to farm kill is not funny people just do that

Edited by DUMAR, 07 April 2021 - 10:31 AM.

#157 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:40 AM

View PostGagis, on 07 April 2021 - 09:59 AM, said:

Sounds just like skillgap , merge queue and not guid matchmaking making some players impotent and irrelevant.

On the other hand Lerms are fine in my opinion
I very rarely have any issues with them and when I do I made a boo boo, didn't use terrian masking and that etc
Not the Lerms fault.

And the game already has artillery in the form of air strikes and arty strikes
,which seem to be more accepted than Lrms which is kind of ironic if what you say is true.
But I don't think it is imo.

Well back to the title, I like the Awesome as its a pretty awesome Lerm boat,
the one with missile hardpoints and quirks for them, 8R I think from memory.

I dont use many lerm mechs but I kind of like the Summoner B which has narc quirks that go well with LERMS.
Its only runs Quad Lrm 10s, which tend to hit CT alot which is nice, and the jumpjets and narc make it nicer.

imo

Edited by General Solo, 07 April 2021 - 10:41 AM.

#158 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 April 2021 - 08:22 PM

Javelin is the best lrm boat.

#159 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 625 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:17 PM

Anyone, being quickly and efficiently sent to MechBay by SRM salvos.

#160 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,768 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:51 PM

In battletech lore lrm are not artillery. However in the real time shooter world of mwo its effectively artillery since it can do indirect fire.

As to best lrm mech pick a clam mech that can fit 60~90 tubes and there you go and you didn't even have to waste an assault slot.

IS assault lrm boating is stupid when you could bring something else with high direct damage and there are only a handful of IS heavies that are worth lrm boating.

My picks for lurm boating fun would be a jenner IIc or huntsman or veagle or sunspider. All of them can pack in plenty of tubes and plenty of ammo and are not slow as molasses so you can more easily position.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users