101 replies to this topic

#21 Jehofi

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:34 AM

View PostBohxim, on 20 February 2017 - 07:32 AM, said:

Now I'm interested to know the result. So many counters to a KGC if u ask me. Low mounts and wide arms tend to get easily picked apart by people who know how to use terrain to advantage
Especially if you know the build ;)

View PostJayRtech, on 20 February 2017 - 05:36 AM, said:

I can kill light mechs with my dual gauss 2 med, 1 med pulse, 3 streak srm 2 KING CRAB 56 KPH LOL
THEY RUN FROM ME :-p

#22 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:07 AM

Click here to read: You won't believe what he did with a Gauss Rifle!
Actual article has absolutely nothing with gauss rifles.

Seeing the responses to your video, and your inability to take the criticism you asked for, irritates the crap out of me. That kind of mentality is wrong on so many levels. Not just here, in MWO, but in life as a whole. Do you think you are god? Do you think you are a flawless person? If so, you require immediate psychological help, because nobody is perfect. Everyone has room to improve, and if your ego is so easily harmed that you'd lash out at those doing what you asked, and giving honest feedback on your questionable playstyle, as opposed to growing as a player, then you have some serious issues, my friend.

It is far better to be your own harshest critic, seeking ways to improve yourself across everything you do - including feedback from external sources, than pad yourself in a safe space of self-delusion, refusing to hear the input of others. Right now, you come across as the later.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 20 February 2017 - 08:09 AM.

#23 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:13 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 20 February 2017 - 08:07 AM, said:

Seeing the responses to your video, and your inability to take the criticism you asked for, irritates the crap out of me. That kind of mentality is wrong on so many levels. Not just here, in MWO, but in life as a whole. Do you think you are god? Do you think you are a flawless person? If so, you require immediate psychological help, because nobody is perfect. Everyone has room to improve, and if your ego is so easily harmed that you'd lash out at those doing what you asked, and giving honest feedback on your questionable playstyle, as opposed to growing as a player, then you have some serious issues, my friend.

It is far better to be your own harshest critic, seeking ways to improve yourself across everything you do - including feedback from external sources, than pad yourself in a safe space of self-delusion, refusing to hear the input of others. Right now, you come across as the later.

I'm tellin ya, he should have left out the feed back request and just made it an epeen post and saved everyone the trouble. At least he is getting some 1v1s out of it. So that's nice.

#24 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:18 AM

Some pointers...

If you want to mark the target only for your team to know about it without "commanding" don't use company command for it. You can use lance command for lighter mechs or just without any command the "Target spotted" function. Generally speaking it's good to spot targets cus it leaves a marker on the map even if the target is out of sight with radar deprivation. However if you use company command for it it might distract the whole team from the real threat as we can see from your video they got flanked pretty hard from the left while you were commanding to attack lighter targets in the distance.

Second thing I want to point out is that your build is not optimal. 850 SRM missiles is way too much considering there were 400 left when the match ended. Personally I use 4xSRM6+A on the BJ-2 with 6,5 tons of ammo (XL235). Even that's quite a bit but then again you have to carry sometimes. Pretty safe bet you can drop at least 2 tons of ammo and use that tonnage to other things.

Third, this looks more like a brag post. If you want critique from your actions take them as they come, filter the info by yourself and move on to improve. Arguing against people who you supposedly ask for assistance is stupid and makes you look like a douche. Then again if you want to brag about your runs, there's the Barracks section in the forums you're free to post nice runs etc.

GL in the future

#25 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:23 AM

View Postugrakarma, on 20 February 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

Third, this looks more like a brag post. If you want critique from your actions take them as they come, filter the info by yourself and move on to improve. Arguing against people who you supposedly ask for assistance is stupid and makes you look like a douche. Then again if you want to brag about your runs, there's the Barracks section in the forums you're free to post nice runs etc.

GL in the future

Alternatively, there is the Fan Videos thread in the Fan Creations section. Either of which would have been a more appropriate place for the video.

#26 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:28 AM

your playing Power rangers music

#27 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:31 AM

there's the Barracks section in the forums you're free to post nice runs etc.

Because no one reads the Barracks
Because no one posts anything there
Because no one reads the Barracks...

#28 PlayerUnknown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 241 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUSA CALIFORNIA

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:31 AM

View PostKangarad, on 20 February 2017 - 06:42 AM, said:

uh sure... ill activate some
see you ingame right now?

DUDE
that was so much fun, we need to do it again. some more urban mech fighting, some spider trial untill our ammo runs out again LOL

thanks for the games my friend. hit me up anytime. will win a few :-D

#29 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:42 AM

View PostJehofi, on 20 February 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:

Pilot Name: JayRtech
Games Played: 307
Average Match Score: 199

Pilot Name: Jehofi
Games Played: 48
Average Match Score: 327

May be a stupid question, how to get thus numbers?

#30 PlayerUnknown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUSA CALIFORNIA

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:45 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsOx_OS9NdE&feature=youtu.be

https://youtu.be/AsOx_OS9NdE

how come the other video posted like a view. but this one didnt o.0????

View PostAmsro, on 20 February 2017 - 07:09 AM, said:

Ask for tips on what you are doing wrong, then disregard that info and claim to be credit to team.

Posted Image

And that music... power rangers? Posted Image

what can i say i am having fun :)

plus PRJR ( Power Ranger JayRtech)

Edited by JayRtech, 20 February 2017 - 08:44 AM.

#31 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:46 AM

View Postxe N on, on 20 February 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

https://mwomercs.com...le/leaderboards

#32 PlayerUnknown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUSA CALIFORNIA

View PostRoadblockXL, on 20 February 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

You end the match having only fired off a little more than half your ammunition.

I view ammo that never gets fired as wasted tonnage.

You could probably strip 2 tons of missiles for 2 heatsinks and still have a comfortable amount of ammo.

But hey, if you actually find yourself firing all 850 missiles then more power to you.

Edit: I assume you're running something like this, judging by how fast your mech dissipates heat, when you could run something like this.

Unless you're running this, then I'm surprised your mech doesn't cool faster.

its mostly for FW, that build. i need more ammo because i run out. :-p not kidding you I RUN OUT OF 900 ROUNDS OF SRM4

i could go faster but. i hate running out of ammo

#33 Jehofi

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 98 posts

View Postxe N on, on 20 February 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

They are from the leaderboard, you can find them under "Profile" -> "Leaderboards"
Here is a Link: https://mwomercs.com...le/leaderboards

EDIT: Too slow ;)

Edited by Jehofi, 20 February 2017 - 08:47 AM.

#34 PlayerUnknown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUSA CALIFORNIA

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:49 AM

View PostRoadblockXL, on 20 February 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

You end the match having only fired off a little more than half your ammunition.

I view ammo that never gets fired as wasted tonnage.

You could probably strip 2 tons of missiles for 2 heatsinks and still have a comfortable amount of ammo.

But hey, if you actually find yourself firing all 850 missiles then more power to you.

Edit: I assume you're running something like this, judging by how fast your mech dissipates heat, when you could run something like this.

Unless you're running this, then I'm surprised your mech doesn't cool faster.

I will check out that build, thank you :-D

Oh boy you are fun....

Seriously, the advise is good not because im a good player (which im not). The advise i give is not mine but what i leaned from "better" players.

Oh **** i actually know my place, im actually way better than you are...

So about that advice, take it or leave it but dont look down on people just because you believe they are worse than you.

ok then 1 v 1 when your ready, lets get it on film :-D if u need prem time i will buy you some , so no excuses buddy ;)

Oh boy you are fun....

Seriously, the advise is good not because im a good player (which im not). The advise i give is not mine but what i leaned from "better" players.

So about that advice, take it or leave it but dont look down on people just because you believe they are worse than you.

i am not looking down on anyone,

i am just saying how and why i did things like that. i dont mean to come off like that, i am still working on my wordings. Its a work in progress, and im just being real with you all.

#35 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:49 AM

Oh, thanks @Jehofi and @ Pariah Devalis :-) Didn't even know that there is such a general leaderboard. You never stop learning ;-)

Edited by xe N on, 20 February 2017 - 08:50 AM.

#36 PlayerUnknown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUSA CALIFORNIA

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:56 AM

Now I'm interested to know the result. So many counters to a KGC if u ask me. Low mounts and wide arms tend to get easily picked apart by people who know how to use terrain to advantage

it was fun and i will upload the videos, and if you wants he can ask to have them unlisted.

(I RESPECT OTHER PLAYERS PRIVACY IN 1 V 1)

I really need to work on my wording and such, SORRY I AM WORKING ON IT I MEAN IT .

View PostJehofi, on 20 February 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

Especially if you know the build Posted Image

dude we had A BLAST. Join me some time :-D

Its the way i say things that i am working on, and no i am not like that.

I am always learning. even in this game.

peoples advicse is good, but when i see the flaw in it. and point it out, they get kind of iffy.

because their advice might be good. but to me it doesnt help. I will read it and think about it. and see if i can adapt it.

but if my style does not allow it . then I cant use it. I dont mind reading it. but I can only play how i know how to play. i will learn things and evolve on them but other then that. i will read and think, know what i mean.

#37 Kangarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 573 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechlab, adding more Double Heatsinks.

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:59 AM

his KGC got taken appart by me.
both our lights sufferet tremendous hit reg problems

his trebuchet build is not that bad but unless he has the terrain advantage can't stand up to my KGC.

Standart Warhammer Dgauss builds lost due to rounds going through and nopt having the modules.

2lbx 20 Hunchback IIC (me) vs his Locust... hitreg took a **** and did not register any damage done by my LBX20's

spider vs spider he got stuck for a short time and i legged him

dual ac 20 Roflman(me) vs his urban
kept overheating for some reason. mechlab says I am fine at 1,6 but I took 50% heat whenever I fired a single one and almost no ac 20 round actualy hit him.

Dual uac20 uac10 dire (me) vs his treb

he won due to starting range and agility (barely)

ebj(me) vs trebuchet (him) I won because he tried to strip my weapons and only got 1 of my arms.

the 2v2 and 1v1 maps are too open to get into brawling range fast enough and allow for alot of sniping.

canyon realy sucks in KGC due to spawns and trenches... the time I ran arround and just closed in from the side my KGC won agaisnt his treb the other time where I just charged I lost due to the trench heigh making me unable to hit him while he shoulder poked me to death.

the times we went long range on teh 2v2 map with our kgc's I brough 2x uac5 and just kept jamming but reached him before he killed me. the other time I brought 2lrm15 2erll 6mg's and he took my missile torsi just before I reached him

his build is not good at brawling at all and medicre at sniping at best seeing how I still managed to cross 800+ meters and touch him.

tho he did waste time trying to aim for my head but never actualy headshotted me.

Edited by Kangarad, 20 February 2017 - 09:00 AM.

#38 PlayerUnknown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUSA CALIFORNIA

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:03 AM

Some pointers...

If you want to mark the target only for your team to know about it without "commanding" don't use company command for it. You can use lance command for lighter mechs or just without any command the "Target spotted" function. Generally speaking it's good to spot targets cus it leaves a marker on the map even if the target is out of sight with radar deprivation. However if you use company command for it it might distract the whole team from the real threat as we can see from your video they got flanked pretty hard from the left while you were commanding to attack lighter targets in the distance.

Second thing I want to point out is that your build is not optimal. 850 SRM missiles is way too much considering there were 400 left when the match ended. Personally I use 4xSRM6+A on the BJ-2 with 6,5 tons of ammo (XL235). Even that's quite a bit but then again you have to carry sometimes. Pretty safe bet you can drop at least 2 tons of ammo and use that tonnage to other things.

GL in the future

you are right. i should have just used enemy spotted. same thing as primary.
Yeah, that might have messed them up i see your point.

yeah that build i have running there, is mostly for fw. i do tend to run out of ammo. when i drop it on my 2nd or 3rd wave depending on the situation during the game at that time.

you have a point. and i was interested in seeing what people might find that i did wrong

command wheel and primary target , i need to work on how i use them, and when i should them.

my ammoi know its a lot, but when i use the mech in FW, i run out. that is why i have so much ammo on it
.but it works for groups. i have ran out of ammo before in QP, hit like over 1000 damage , i missed a ton so yeah.
(no i didnt record that video, I got lazy, and it cost me :-/)

not bragging. just curious. on peoples opinions. Plus. it helps me with fixing my wordings better.
and it might help out. how i play and showing why i do what i do.

View PostCathy, on 20 February 2017 - 08:28 AM, said:

your playing Power rangers music

Yeah, i like it, plus

PRJR (Power Ranger JayRtech)

#39 R Valentine

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:05 AM

"Tell me what I did wrong. PSYCHE I DID NOTHING WRONG! HAHAHAHAHAAHA NOOBS!"

You took the commander role. That's what you did wrong. Let a team player take it next time.

#40 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:06 AM

Seeing the responses to your video, and your inability to take the criticism you asked for, irritates the crap out of me.

I did put him on ignore list after his first thread. It's highly irritating that the forum still shows threads of people on your ignore list.

That said, he seemed to be a perfect experimentee to further explore Dunning-Kruger effect.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users