Next Meck Pack Poll Discussion! Updated Choices And Dev Comments! Escalation Mechs Removed!

2296 replies to this topic

#1541 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,566 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:21 PM

The only way I can see the Hollander being viable is if it had some hardpoint inflation on its ballistics. But even it wouldn't help much.

The Hollander-F3 needs 3 or 4 Ballistic Hardpoints, but the only bad thing about that variant is the fact that once you shoot that right torso, it's done.

The Hollander-F1 will be okay since it has backup weapons with its 2 Medium Lasers.

And the Hollander-F5 will have most of its weapons ripped off both its torsos in a heartbeat.

#1542 Kasumi Sumika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:19 AM

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anvil
I wish more ppl vote for Anvil. I think it will good for IS mech. It have ECM, JJ, Highmount, and have potential to do zombie on 60 ton. Definetly why is on my wishlist.

Posted Image

#1543 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:37 AM

View PostKasumi Sumika, on 10 February 2018 - 12:19 AM, said:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anvil
I wish more ppl vote for Anvil. I think it will good for IS mech. It have ECM, JJ, Highmount, and have potential to do zombie on 60 ton. Definetly why is on my wishlist.

Posted Image

Damn I remember seeing a picture on that on sarna and decided to sketch one my original mech designs off of it, it was diffcult but so much fun at the same time.

The mech would be awesome in the IS line up, but my only point to take away from it , the thing have no build diversity other than lasers/ and or PPC's but hey we get a contender against the Summoner in poptarting.

#1544 Kasumi Sumika

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:48 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 10 February 2018 - 02:37 AM, said:

The mech would be awesome in the IS line up, but my only point to take away from it , the thing have no build diversity other than lasers/ and or PPC's but hey we get a contender against the Summoner in poptarting.

Yeah, the downside of this chassis that there almost no build diversity. ANV-8M atleast have missile harpoints but we dont have ArrowIV yet. Unless PGI making fictional variants like other mechs we have, but who knows.

#1545 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:56 AM

View PostKasumi Sumika, on 10 February 2018 - 03:48 AM, said:

Yeah, the downside of this chassis that there almost no build diversity. ANV-8M atleast have missile harpoints but we dont have ArrowIV yet. Unless PGI making fictional variants like other mechs we have, but who knows.

I would be fine it have something similar to the lore variant in someway like change the arrow to an lrm, that be fine and all they have to do is make up a hero and call it a day since it have a total of 5 available variants.

#1546 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,566 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:10 PM

If the Fire Moth comes out it should have its speed lowered so it won't break the engine. I say give it the same 180 XL Engine like the Piranha and tweak the MASC speed to around 150-ish. I think it could work.

Fire Moth (Dasher) Variants
Posted Image

Fire Moth Prime
Weapons and Equipment:
Head - N/A
Center Torso - MASC
Right Torso - SRM4
Left Torso - N/A
Right Arm - SRM6
Left Arm - 2xER Medium Lasers

Engine: 180 XL = 145.8 KPH (150 with MASC)
Debuted: 2874
Estimated Hardpoints
Spoiler

Fire Moth B
Weapons and Equipment:
Head - N/A
Center Torso - MASC
Right Torso - ER Medium Laser
Left Torso - N/A
Right Arm - 2xMachine Guns, ECM
Left Arm - ER Medium Laser

Estimated Hardpoints
Spoiler

Fire Moth D
Weapons and Equipment:
Head - N/A
Center Torso - MASC
Right Torso - ER Medium Laser, Flamer
Left Torso - N/A
Right Arm - 2xER Medium Lasers
Left Arm - 2xER Medium Lasers

Estimated Hardpoints
Spoiler

Fire Moth H
Weapons and Equipment:
Head - N/A
Center Torso - MASC
Right Torso - N/A
Left Torso - N/A
Right Arm - 5xHeavy Small Lasers
Left Arm - 4xHeavy Small Lasers

Debuted: 3060
Estimated Hardpoints
Spoiler

#1547 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,566 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:38 AM

Top 10 Clan Mechs:
1. Rifleman IIC - 709 votes
2. Fire Moth (Dasher) - 675 votes
3. Stone Rhino(Behemoth) - 553 votes
4. Warhammer IIC - 522 votes
5. Locust IIC - 480
6. Shadow Hawk IIC - 417 votes
7. Grizzly - 347 votes
8. Griffin IIC - 313 votes
9. Phoenix Hawk IIC - 304 votes
10. Turkina - 241 votes

#1548 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:34 PM

Hey Gas when you have time here are a few mechs that it'd be cool if they were added to the poll assuming there is room.
IS Light
- Spector, I know you've heard of this one. Hopefully it's rounded shape would bless it with the scale gods +ECM 35 tonner that's not a hero.
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Spector
- Cossack, Since the Stinger/Wasp are in HG trouble this could be an ok JJ 20 tonner
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Cossack
- Red Shift, faster than a Locust and would be a 20t ecm mech for cbills.
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Red_Shift

IS Med
- Raijin, mix of energy & missiles with high mounts plus JJ & ECM variant
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Raijin
- Stealth, 45t with MASC, JJ & ECM variant
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Stealth
- Bloodhound, 45t, super fast with missiles & energy
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Bloodhound
- Wraith, Lightray (385xl stock) but with JJ
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Wraith

IS Heavies
- Lancelot, arguably the 60 tonner with the most potential in MWO that hasn't been added.
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Lancelot
- Excaliber, Unique blend of missile and ballistic at 70t plus it's super fast
http://www.sarna.net...ur_(BattleMech)

IS Assaults
- Black Watch, unique blend of ballistics & missiles at 85t plus JJs. Also high mounts
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Black_Watch
- Crockett/Katana, JJ 85 tonner, similar to a Misery in HPs.
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Crockett
- Thug, it is a popular mech but it'd need serious HP inflation to be viable.
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Thug
- Warlord, 80t Battlemaster with ecm variant. (Technically it's intro'd in 3070 but it has no new tech)
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Warlord
- Emperor, Good hardpoints & JJ
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Emperor

I might make a Clan list but that's what I've got for now.

Edited by TheArisen, 17 February 2018 - 09:35 PM.

#1549 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 11:35 PM

View PostWill9761, on 09 February 2018 - 07:21 PM, said:

The only way I can see the Hollander being viable is if it had some hardpoint inflation on its ballistics. But even it wouldn't help much.

How about gauss ammo quirk?

#1550 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:51 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 09 February 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

BZK-F3 Hollander (Raven Chassis mimic) BZK-F3 Hollander (Firestarter chassis mimic) Go a head, take them out, and tell me how much you like it....

But they don't look like a Hollander, and that's the thing I like.

#1551 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:16 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 18 February 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

But they don't look like a Hollander, and that's the thing I like.

Thing is... people don't use the configurations Metus posted because the concept itself is so incredibly bad in MWO. Just try it. The Hollander's look does not make the concept any better, and you won't enjoy it anymore in the cockpit of a Hollander than you would in that of a Firestarter.

It's more likely it will share the fate of the Uziel: people ignoring its weaknesses before it is released, then finding out about the weaknesses the hard way (i.e. in game), and then never touching it again after week 1. The major difference is that the Uziel has at least some redeeming qualities.

The Hollander, unless massively quirked and given a silly hardpoint inflation, will die within hours of MWO gameplay and it would be a shame to waste a release on a Mech nobody wants to play.

#1552 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:39 PM

Realistically, we don't have choice. We can remove a lot of mechs due to HG lawsuit, and the fact that PGI cannot port mechs that can move faster than 170kph and IS omnimechs, and the fact that we had a IS medium a while ago, now we have...

Stone Rhino
Crusader
Hollander.

And we have like two assaults incoming, so either Crusader and Hollander.

...and Hollander has the biggest amount of votes.

.....at least my wallet is ready and will buy the ultimate collection when it is announced as soon as and as quickly as possible.

#1553 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:44 PM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 18 February 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

Realistically, we don't have choice. We can remove a lot of mechs due to HG lawsuit, and the fact that PGI cannot port mechs that can move faster than 170kph and IS omnimechs, and the fact that we had a IS medium a while ago, now we have...

I'm pretty sure IS Omnimechs are not limited by the game engine or any other coding limitation, they're not here solely because PGI just doesn't feel like having them yet for whatever reason. But in terms of capability, this game can handle them the exact same way that Clan Omnis are.

As for the Hollander I wouldn't mind it if we could actually get a guarantee of Godquirks™ for it. I'd actually like to see how much a Godquirked AC/Gauss light could shake up the light mech meta if the values were high enough. But of course it won't get anywhere near enough quarks to make that happen because our Balancing Overlord™ is too squeamish.

#1554 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:03 PM

View PostFupDup, on 18 February 2018 - 04:44 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure IS Omnimechs are not limited by the game engine or any other coding limitation, they're not here solely because PGI just doesn't feel like having them yet for whatever reason. But in terms of capability, this game can handle them the exact same way that Clan Omnis are.

As for the Hollander I wouldn't mind it if we could actually get a guarantee of Godquirks™ for it. I'd actually like to see how much a Godquirked AC/Gauss light could shake up the light mech meta if the values were high enough. But of course it won't get anywhere near enough quarks to make that happen because our Balancing Overlord™ is too squeamish.

Ah yes, it's Russ and Paul not wanting to port IS Omnimechs because they want to differentiate IS and Clan. Too bad they are running out of popular IS mechs that are not Omni soon or later...

For Hollander, I guess like +5 extra Gauss ammo per ton, and about 50% cooldown (just like Grid Iron had back in a day) would make the mech somewhat viable.

But really just like people who bought Hellspawn, people who would buy Hollander will be the one with huge nostalgia.

I still remember, 20 years ago, when I was still young and did not even know alphabet, I played first Mech Commander. Second mission had that badass mech with a gigantic gun, and I spent nights trying to get that mech with its gun intact (and spent even more nights trying to get that MadCat on the following mission.)

I don't think outside of Mechcommander 1 and 2, Hollander had any appearance on Mechwarrior series. It will be very first debut as a playable mech.

Edited by The Lighthouse, 18 February 2018 - 05:04 PM.

#1555 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 668 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:14 PM

View PostFupDup, on 18 February 2018 - 04:44 PM, said:

it would need some serious godquirks to even bring it up to an acceptable level. like, urbanmech tier armor quirks, -50% crit chance reduction, and 50% ballistic cooldown. an ammo quirk may be necessary as well. it would be a lot of fun, but it seems unlikely since PGI wants to move away from godquirks.

also, i think the hollander's trademark big-*** cannon would have to be shrunk due to the modular weapon geometry, which i'm sure would disappoint a lot of people.

#1556 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:19 PM

View Postcougurt, on 18 February 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

also, i think the hollander's trademark big-*** cannon would have to be shrunk due to the modular weapon geometry, which i'm sure would disappoint a lot of people.

Not necessarily, I don't think PGI will actually do that. They do sometimes apply non-modular weapon geometry like they did on Nova Cat's arm weapons.

And seriously, the reason everyone wants Hollander is that big cannon. It's TEH trademark of Hollander. People will rage if it is gone.

#1557 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 668 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:31 PM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 18 February 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

Not necessarily, I don't think PGI will actually do that. They do sometimes apply non-modular weapon geometry like they did on Nova Cat's arm weapons.

And seriously, the reason everyone wants Hollander is that big cannon. It's TEH trademark of Hollander. People will rage if it is gone.

i know they've done it for certain mechs, but i would still expect to see something kind of like the hunchback, where the weapon itself is the standard size but is contained within a large housing.

#1558 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:33 PM

View Postcougurt, on 18 February 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

i know they've done it for certain mechs, but i would still expect to see something kind of like the hunchback, where the weapon itself is the standard size but is contained within a large housing.

Possible, but so far I don't see Alex's designs are concerned with economical aspects... yet. Maybe Alex makes a concept that works like Hunchback, or more detailed.

#1559 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:43 PM

Even with Godquirks the Hollander will be basically a free kill.

#1560 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:47 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 18 February 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

Even with Godquirks the Hollander will be basically a free kill.

Ideally lots of armor would be included in those Godquirks™. And when I say lots I mean even more than the Urbanmech gets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users