Next Meck Pack Poll Discussion! Updated Choices And Dev Comments! Escalation Mechs Removed!

2368 replies to this topic

#2361 Powerlifter

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 12:03 PM

View PostHawk819, on 12 September 2024 - 11:01 PM, said:

If I miss my guess, then maybe getting one of the IICs. Griffin, or Shadow Hawk. Either would be a nice fit.

Griffin IIC would be cool:
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Griffin_IIC

I think a Rime Otter would be a lot of fun too:
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Rime_Otter

Hierofalcon:
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hierofalcon

I'd prefer the Rime Otter or Hierofalcon to the Griffin IIC since we already have IS Griffins. Something new.

Edited by Powerlifter, 13 September 2024 - 12:04 PM.

#2362 BlueDevilspawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 03:32 PM

View Post1453 R, on 12 September 2024 - 09:00 PM, said:

Tiy0s, above, stated that we were getting two entirely new chasses in the works - a Chonker and a Fast Boy. It doesn't get any more chonk than the Bane, so whatever's next is the Fast Boy. Which, considering the loyalty COM IIC has a custom new-'Mech model, seems to indicate the COM-IIC could well be Code: Fastboi.

Tiyos was referring specifically to new chassis.... he has said in the cauldron feedback server that the next new chassis is a Clan light.

#2363 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,061 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 08:15 PM

thor II confirmed.

View PostBlueDevilspawn, on 13 September 2024 - 03:32 PM, said:

Tiyos was referring specifically to new chassis.... he has said in the cauldron feedback server that the next new chassis is a Clan light.

that might be the loyalty com-iic. they also dropped the hint "grand summoner" aka thor II, so i presume thats the next pack. was kind of hoping the new light would be a pack but i guess its a one off. qualifying for loyalty is what you have to do to get new lights now.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 September 2024 - 08:20 PM.

#2364 BlueDevilspawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 September 2024 - 07:07 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 13 September 2024 - 08:15 PM, said:

thor II confirmed.

that might be the loyalty com-iic. they also dropped the hint "grand summoner" aka thor II, so i presume thats the next pack. was kind of hoping the new light would be a pack but i guess its a one off. qualifying for loyalty is what you have to do to get new lights now.

No, it’s not the commando IIC. He has specifically stated in the cauldron feedback server that the next NEW CHASSIS is a clan light omnimech.

#2365 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,679 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 14 September 2024 - 09:18 AM

View PostBlueDevilspawn, on 14 September 2024 - 07:07 AM, said:

No, it’s not the commando IIC. He has specifically stated in the cauldron feedback server that the next NEW CHASSIS is a clan light omnimech.

Even money says it's the Hellion.

#2366 Samziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seraph
  • The Seraph
  • 536 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 14 September 2024 - 09:25 AM

View PostHawk819, on 14 September 2024 - 09:18 AM, said:

Even money says it's the Hellion.

Hellion is 3059 and the new mech is made for MW5 Clans, so it likely needs to be 3052 or before. Fire Falcon seems the most likely option unless they've found a workaround for the speed issues with Fire Moth.

Fire Falcon would be nice since we only have 1 25t Clan mech, soon 2 with the Commando IIC. Though we only have 1 20t Clan mech as well.

Edited by Samziel, 14 September 2024 - 09:32 AM.

#2367 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,549 posts

Posted 14 September 2024 - 08:00 PM

If the new design is, as others have said, a light Clan OmniMech available during the early Invasion era, there are literally two entire choices left - Fire Moth or Fire Falcon. Fire Moth is notoriously No Go in MWO and Tiy0s has relatively recently stated this has not changed - it simply does Bad Things to hit reg and there's no fixing that, nor is the team willing to make the Fire Moth not a Fire Moth to cram it into the limits of MWO.

So, Code: Fastboi is very likely the Fire Falcon

I don't have access to TROs to knwo where all the hardpoints are, but the Fire Falcon Prime is a 5E2M, and if the art is anything to go by four of those E are clustered in the right arm. The Alpha and Bravo are Light Snipey Things nobody will like, AC/2 light 'Mechs are bleh, but the Charlie is a 3E/2M/4B. The Delta is the last timeline-appropriate (for MW5: Clans) variant in the MUL from what I can see, and it's 2E3M. So the thing overall seems to have enough hardpoints to get by for a 25-tonner. It's significantly faster than the Meth Linux at the same weight bracket, but it doesn't have Mad Hops the way the Linux does.

As for MWO-esque powercreepy variants, well, the Foxtrot continues the grand tradition of Foxtrot variants being super spammy, heh. 4B in each side torso for 8B total, and 2E in each arm for 4E total. Easy swap to 6E8B using the Prime right arm, which will doubtless be turned into a tiny little hell-gnawer with micro lasers and machine guns. Other variants have fewer total weapons and thus would need fancy quirkening to be worthwhile, which I doubt we'll see if they do the Foxtrot. And we all know they're gonna do the Foxtrot. Heh.

#2368 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,679 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 14 September 2024 - 08:48 PM

View Post1453 R, on 14 September 2024 - 08:00 PM, said:

If the new design is, as others have said, a light Clan OmniMech available during the early Invasion era, there are literally two entire choices left - Fire Moth or Fire Falcon. Fire Moth is notoriously No Go in MWO and Tiy0s has relatively recently stated this has not changed - it simply does Bad Things to hit reg and there's no fixing that, nor is the team willing to make the Fire Moth not a Fire Moth to cram it into the limits of MWO.

So, Code: Fastboi is very likely the Fire Falcon

I don't have access to TROs to knwo where all the hardpoints are, but the Fire Falcon Prime is a 5E2M, and if the art is anything to go by four of those E are clustered in the right arm. The Alpha and Bravo are Light Snipey Things nobody will like, AC/2 light 'Mechs are bleh, but the Charlie is a 3E/2M/4B. The Delta is the last timeline-appropriate (for MW5: Clans) variant in the MUL from what I can see, and it's 2E3M. So the thing overall seems to have enough hardpoints to get by for a 25-tonner. It's significantly faster than the Meth Linux at the same weight bracket, but it doesn't have Mad Hops the way the Linux does.

As for MWO-esque powercreepy variants, well, the Foxtrot continues the grand tradition of Foxtrot variants being super spammy, heh. 4B in each side torso for 8B total, and 2E in each arm for 4E total. Easy swap to 6E8B using the Prime right arm, which will doubtless be turned into a tiny little hell-gnawer with micro lasers and machine guns. Other variants have fewer total weapons and thus would need fancy quirkening to be worthwhile, which I doubt we'll see if they do the Foxtrot. And we all know they're gonna do the Foxtrot. Heh.

There's also the Hellion to consider. So, yes, the Fire Falcon is one, but not the only one Light OmniMech. Furthermore, if they wanted to (and they have), create a totally different chassis that isn't Lore-based. They've done it before, and there's no reason to believe they won't do so now.

There's also another to consider, and it's not an OmniMech: that Fastboi as it code suggests, leads me to believe it's a Locust IIC. And it makes sense. The Locust is already here, and it gives the Devs to save on resource. The forthcoming Commando IiC for the Loyalty Rewards is the other BIG Hint. Plus, it'll be easier to make using the current IS version we have now. Just a thought.

#2369 Samziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seraph
  • The Seraph
  • 536 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 September 2024 - 01:51 AM

View PostHawk819, on 14 September 2024 - 08:48 PM, said:

There's also the Hellion to consider. So, yes, the Fire Falcon is one, but not the only one Light OmniMech. Furthermore, if they wanted to (and they have), create a totally different chassis that isn't Lore-based. They've done it before, and there's no reason to believe they won't do so now.

There's also another to consider, and it's not an OmniMech: that Fastboi as it code suggests, leads me to believe it's a Locust IIC. And it makes sense. The Locust is already here, and it gives the Devs to save on resource. The forthcoming Commando IiC for the Loyalty Rewards is the other BIG Hint. Plus, it'll be easier to make using the current IS version we have now. Just a thought.

First of all. In case you didnt know, Tiy0s (dev) already said in Cauldron Discord that it will be a Clan Omnimech. So it's not going to be Locust IIC.

Secondly, again, Hellion is an unlikely option because it's way too late in the timeframe. Unless they commit some prototype shenanigans for MW5 Clans.

Now when I think about it the Fire Falcon is quite late for the invasion too. It's also a Jade Falcon design and we're playing as Smoke Jaguars. But besides the Fire Moth which is more unlikely, there aint many good options left.

Edited by Samziel, 15 September 2024 - 01:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users