Next Meck Pack Poll Discussion! Updated Choices And Dev Comments! Escalation Mechs Removed!

2368 replies to this topic

#221 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:20 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 16 March 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

all you guys want battlemechs.....

whatcha got against omnis huh XD

Oh nothing... *Avoids looking at Kodiak, hunch iic, marauder iic, mickey mkii... definitely nothing to see here*

#222 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:23 PM

Next mech pack...Wolf Dragoons!

#223 Queen of England

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 288 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:26 PM

For sheer "looking cool", the Akuma would be great. It wouldn't actually be great in MWO, though.

Here's Alex's version:

Posted Image

#224 Xhaleon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 542 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:30 PM

I voted, but poor Thundah Hawk was forgotten again. I will never get to bring down the thundah, never ever. :<<<<

Also it's missing the Enfield but the Enforcer does the exact same thing so eh whatever.

#225 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:31 PM

View PostchucklesMuch, on 16 March 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

Oh nothing... *Avoids looking at Kodiak, hunch iic, marauder iic, mickey mkii... definitely nothing to see here*

lol I know I know.... powercreep tho :3

#226 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:33 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 16 March 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

lol I know I know.... powercreep tho :3

Also true... I also dislike set of eight quirks...

#227 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:46 PM

View PostAlan Davion, on 16 March 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

Right, that's one. Any others?

Also, on a somewhat unrelated note, can anyone tell me, in simple language, how to stop getting logged out of the site every few hours?

Blackhawk-KU will protect its STs pretty well with nice giant arms to soak hits and a narrow torso view from the front. Men Shen should spread damage about as well as the Crab thanks to its shape and speed, but the lack of JJs lets it down a little bit. Sunder could be not-horrible because I don't think it's actually that wide; most artists just absolutely suck at proportions. It has a narrow cruciform cross-section so the CT can rotate to cover the STs.

And no, there is no work-around for the logging. Yes, it is incredibly irritating.

#228 Hayek Lahiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fang
  • The Fang
  • 105 posts
  • LocationHoard

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:55 PM

Blood Asp or riot.

#229 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:28 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 16 March 2017 - 08:46 PM, said:

And no, there is no work-around for the logging. Yes, it is incredibly irritating.

It's a miracle it doesn't set off my Chron's disease as pissed off as I get having to continuously log back into the forums every few hours.

#230 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:02 AM

View PostchucklesMuch, on 16 March 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

I'm a little surprised the Bpython and Bane aren't getting more votes then as they'd both be extremely powerful in game. The Bpython would essentially be a better Twolf Bmech with an ECM variant to boot.

Similar deal with the Bane. It'd be an upgrade over the Ultraviolet/Dwolf except for energy weapons.

#231 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:34 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 17 March 2017 - 12:02 AM, said:

I'm a little surprised the Bpython and Bane aren't getting more votes then as they'd both be extremely powerful in game. The Bpython would essentially be a better Twolf Bmech with an ECM variant to boot.

Similar deal with the Bane. It'd be an upgrade over the Ultraviolet/Dwolf except for energy weapons.

Yeah, I agree.... and I forgot about the Bane.

I wonder if clans being as strong as they are in assault and heavy mechs whether people didn't really think too much about it... I know I didn't. Nova cat and Blood Asp were recently mentioned. Both would be good mechs... and especially another 70 ton heavy. (IS however oh boy do I want better mechs)

Edited by chucklesMuch, 17 March 2017 - 12:36 AM.

#232 Clanner Scum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:50 AM

Really happy to see the Black Lanner with such a huge lead. I want that mech in the game more than any other.

Posted Image

Oh and to all the naysayers about how it lacks tonnage:

IDGAF

Posted Image

Also with the introduction to new clan weapons it'll help offset the lack of tonnage it has. You could easily run heavy large laser and 2 ermediums. That'll back a hard punch and is also very meta. Could also run a heavy large lasers and ATMs. Sounds like it could be a really good mech with the new tech we're getting, especially with that kind of speed.

Edited by Clanner Scum, 17 March 2017 - 01:10 AM.

#233 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:37 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 15 March 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

Alright folks, last time the poll helped determine what mechs went in to the Civil War pack, so I put together another poll for next time!

Obviously I may have missed a favorite, so please mention it here, and like posts of people saying to add certain mechs so I know that that is a popular opinion! I will try to stay on top of editing the poll.

Also... if you all think it would be better to have more than one choice, I could change the poll to essentially be a "Vote for everything you want, don't vote for what you could live without" type poll... if feed back likes that I will change it.

Poll is here: https://mwomercs.com...mech-pack-poll/

You forgot:

-- Albatross
-- Cerberus
-- Imp
-- Marauder II
-- etc...etc...from readout 3055 et al

#234 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:04 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 15 March 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

So there is a lot of love for the Warhammer IIC, but have you guys looked at it next to the Phoenix Hawk IIC? The Phoenix Hawk can do the same thing the Warhammer IIC can, but it can also do missile or ballistic loadouts, where the Warhammer IIC is pretty much all energy IIRC.

Just food for thought, Phoenix Hawk IIC has more variety but it is losing to the Warhammer IIC.

a large amount of opinion on this stuff is based on how good the mech is in TT, and in TT the PHX-IIC is pretty bad due to being badly overengined, so people think it will be bad here / have bad memories of it being sucky in TT. Whereas the WHM-IIC is great in TT as far as i know, plus its a Warhammer which has a lot of love anyway.

Id obviously prefer the PHX. I do want an actually good 80 tonner, so i might buy the Whammy anyway but id feel bad because i know id replace it forever the moment the Pixie came out.

#235 R Valentine

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:39 AM

Next mech pack needs to be all omni tech. Templar and Sunder are two good starters.

#236 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:39 AM

So Today in the IS Light the Osiris is still leading, but the Hollander is getting close, with its singe big ballistic loadout that is bound to be super useful in MWO Posted Image

In the IS medium class we have riveting race between the Men Shen and the Dervish, with the Starslayer not TOO far behind.

In the IS heavy class, we have the Crusader in the lead at 80 votes, but the Thanatos is just behind at 78. Personally, I am hoping the Thanatos wins out, as it is both nostalgic from MW4 AND it might have some useful loadouts with ECM/75 tonner/JJs and all.

In the IS assault class, the Fafnir is maintaining its commanding lead. I think that will end up being pretty solid, I just hope the breasts aren't quite as large as they were in MW4.

In the Clan light class, we have the Fire Moth with a commanding lead, with the Piranha a little ways behind. The Fire Moth still isn't feasible according to Russ, so unfortunately the Fire Moth doesn't really count. I shouldn't have included it in the poll, but oh well.

In the Clan medium class, The Black Lanner has a commanding lead over the Arctic Wolf. Nostalgia is definitely winning out here.

In the Clan heavy class, the Nova Cat has a HUGE lead, no big surprise. This really should be in the next pack...

In the Clan assault class, the Blood Asp has a commanding lead over the Warhammer IIC. Not really a big surprise to me.

Some predictions: Based purely on the votes, if another pack were released with 2 IS mechs and 2 Clan mechs, it would have:

Osiris
Fafnir
Nova Cat
Blood Asp

If PGI decided they wanted to release mechs in classes that were NOT in the Civil War pack, it would look like:

Osiris
Crusader (although the poll is close enough, they may decide to do the Thanatos instead, because it is more "modern")
Nova Cat
Black Lanner

#237 BadgerWI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 126 posts
  • LocationNorthern Continent, Second Try, Chaos March, Federated Commonwealth

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:52 AM

You're missing few. Crusader, Valkrie, Wasp, Stinger, Urbie 2c, Shadow hawk 2C, To name a few

#238 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:45 AM

IS Light - Venom

#239 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:58 AM

View PostKiran Yagami, on 17 March 2017 - 05:39 AM, said:

Next mech pack needs to be all omni tech. Templar and Sunder are two good starters.

Raptor, Men Shen, Blackhawk-KU, and Sunder would be the most desirable, I think. I would buy the whole thing.

#240 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:00 AM

I just read Arisen's thread about the Dragon Fire, and goddamn I want that mech!

93 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 93 guests, 0 anonymous users