Next Meck Pack Poll Discussion! Updated Choices And Dev Comments! Escalation Mechs Removed!

2368 replies to this topic

#301 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:17 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 March 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

Added the Viking.

Plot twist, I would prefer Stinger/Wasp-Thanatos-... over Osiris-Crusader... if that helps.

At least the other two would be a 20 tonners with JJs which is somewhat new, and we have a decent selection of 30 tonners already.

How many jump capable Heavy Missile Boats does the IS currently have? 1? Admittedly, I would like to see all 5 of those mechs make it in game.

#302 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:23 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 March 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

The group I played with in the MW4 days really liked them, but that was pre-Black Knight.

Thannys were good even during MP2.1a days in Mercs, 3 Lt Gauss, ECM, and JJs was pretty strong back then.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 March 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

The Crusader though is a classic, very versatile heavy, that has never been given a chance. Given our recent thumbing of our noses at HG, I would love to see it have it's shot.

If we could crit split I wouldn't mind the Crusader because of the 8S (which was in an MW4 mod, 2 LL/Hvy Gauss/JJs, what's more to like?) but I doubt we will ever get that.

#303 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:37 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 March 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

How many jump capable Heavy Missile Boats does the IS currently have? 1? Admittedly, I would like to see all 5 of those mechs make it in game.

One. How many ECM IS Heavies do we have? One. How many 75 Tonners do we have with an arm mounted ballistic, that also happen to jump? None.

#304 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:39 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 March 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

One. How many ECM IS Heavies do we have? One. How many 75 Tonners do we have with an arm mounted ballistic, that also happen to jump? None.

Correction. 2 ECM heavies for the IS. Tempest.

#305 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:44 AM

Looks like the Fafnir and Blood Asp have the next assault slots won.

Posted Image

#306 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:44 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 March 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

Funny you mention arm ballistics... something most Crusaders ALSO have.

also-----
CRD-7L
Utilizing some of the newest technology available in the Capellan Confederation, the 7L was built by Tao 'Mechworks in 3067. It used Stealth Armor, making it harder to target. The 'Mech also used double heat sinks and is armed with two LRM-15 launchers, two Streak SRM-4 launchers, and two ER Medium Lasers. Finally, the 'Mech carried a Guardian ECM Suite to allow its Stealth Armor to work. In order to make room, the top speed was lowered to 53 km/h by replacing the engine with a Nissan Fusion 195, though jump jets offset that through increased maneuverability.

But I concede, the Crusader will never be 75 tons.

#307 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 March 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

In order to make room, the top speed was lowered to 53 km/h by replacing the engine with a Nissan Fusion 195

top speed was lowered to 53 km/h

53 km/h

I was on board for that variant until I saw this. If we get any capellan heavy it should be the Ti'Tsang in all its cheesy glory, or the Davion's improved Ti'Tsang that is the TDR-60-RLA

#308 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:52 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 17 March 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

I was on board for that variant until I saw this. If we get any capellan heavy it should be the Ti'Tsang in all its cheesy glory, or the Davion's improved Ti'Tsang that is the TDR-60-RLA

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 17 March 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

Will still be able to pack somewhere in the neighborhood of a 260. Not enough for Comp Tier, perhaps, but enough for a scrub like me. Again, learn Wabi Sabi. Life becomes much more chill after. Posted Image

You may even find necessity to be the mother of new lines of thought. (and sometimes... you kind of just get screwed)

#309 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:53 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 March 2017 - 06:39 AM, said:

In the Clan light class, we have the Fire Moth with a commanding lead, with the Piranha a little ways behind. The Fire Moth still isn't feasible according to Russ, so unfortunately the Fire Moth doesn't really count. I shouldn't have included it in the poll, but oh well.

I really hope if someone from PGI even bothers to gather data from this poll, at least understands that a majority of mechs that people wanted outside the MW4 realm wern't included from the beginning of this poll until later on. As Bishop Steiner already stated earlier with the biased thing, this whole poll in the beginning was predominantly favoring MW4 mechs from what it looked like.

Meh, I just hope that PGI's pre-made mech pack selections from April until June are unbiased ones at best.

#310 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

The only reason I would advocate the Crusader over the Thanatos is because of how many different variants (and thus options) PGI have already designed for them. No offense but, PGI's custom variants lack inspiration.

The Thanatos has some interesting variants too. But all the variants we'd get for the non-canon ones would be more duplicates probably.

IDK, I think the Thanatos is more needed. But the Crusader has more pull with the older (and likely richer) players.

#311 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:57 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 17 March 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

Correction. 2 ECM heavies for the IS. Tempest.

Well, the Tempest is pay to play..

#312 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:59 AM

One mech (though I feel it is late to add to the party) that was revived in this era that I do enjoy is the Hammerhands. One variant comes stock with 2xRAC5's, 75 ton ECM capable jumping ballistic mech. It is the bigger brother of the Warhammer. While we don't have melee and slow down due to heat it also has TSM but that I guess would get refunded in DHS or replaced with MASC.

Though if TSM was made so the hotter you run the more agile and faster you got that would be neat way of doing it. Also I would prefer seeing the Hammerhands over the Bandersnatch, but, that is just me.

#313 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:01 PM

View PostMoonlight Grimoire, on 17 March 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

One mech (though I feel it is late to add to the party) that was revived in this era that I do enjoy is the Hammerhands. One variant comes stock with 2xRAC5's, 75 ton ECM capable jumping ballistic mech. It is the bigger brother of the Warhammer. While we don't have melee and slow down due to heat it also has TSM but that I guess would get refunded in DHS or replaced with MASC.

Though if TSM was made so the hotter you run the more agile and faster you got that would be neat way of doing it. Also I would prefer seeing the Hammerhands over the Bandersnatch, but, that is just me.

I like a lot of the 3075 era revivals. The IS Crossbow is one of my all time favorite mechs. Hammerhands, Achilles, Firebee, Ymir, so many kind of cool, but inherently flawed mechs.

#314 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:02 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 17 March 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

I really hope if someone from PGI even bothers to gather data from this poll, at least understands that a majority of mechs that people wanted outside the MW4 realm wern't included from the beginning of this poll until later on. As Bishop Steiner already stated earlier with the biased thing, this whole poll in the beginning was predominantly favoring MW4 mechs from what it looked like.

Meh, I just hope that PGI's pre-made mech pack selections from April until June are unbiased ones at best.

You are literally just saying this because yoir Roflman IIC is losing to the Nova Cat.

#315 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:05 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 March 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

You are literally just saying this because yoir Roflman IIC is losing to the Nova Cat.

That might be influencing it, yet there is some truth to it. Same accusation was made about the mechs CK16 added later... good for the goose, and all that jazz...

Not trying to throw you under the buss, but it does impact...since a lot of people vote and then never look back, and likely don't know there are new options.

*shrugs*

#316 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:07 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 March 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

Well, the Tempest is pay to play..

We could also get the Warhammer 4L as a c-bill addition...

WHM-4L:

The 4L variant of the Warhammer was one of the four new variants introduced by StarCorps in 3067, towards the end of the FedCom Civil War. Intended for use by the Capellan Confederation's new Shadow Lances, it completely stripped the armor, the engine, and heat sinks from the original. Instead it used an XL Engine that weighed half as much as the original VOX power plant, carried double heat sinks to vent the excess from its new weapons and used Stealth Armor to aid in camouflaging it. The 4L Warhammers primary weapons were two ER PPCs for long-range combat, backed up by four Medium Pulse Lasers and a Streak SRM-6 launcher for close range combat.

#317 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:09 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 March 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

That might be influencing it, yet there is some truth to it. Same accusation was made about the mechs CK16 added later... good for the goose, and all that jazz...

Not trying to throw you under the buss, but it does impact...since a lot of people vote and then never look back, and likely don't know there are new options.

*shrugs*

I added a ton of mechs within hours, and most of the mechs on the original poll werent even MW4 Mechs. This is the most unbiased poll i have seen, it has a lot of mechs and I am updating it as often as possible. There is no way you are going to convince me that the Rifleman IIC would be winning had it not been added a few hours late.

We can promote the poll for a month, it should more than make up for mechs being added a day late.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 17 March 2017 - 12:09 PM.

#318 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts

View PostMetus regem, on 17 March 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

We could also get the Warhammer 4L as a c-bill addition...

Or really pretty much any Capellan version of Phoenix mechs. You can always count on there being a variant with Stealth Armor and/or Plasma Rifles made by Capellans.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 17 March 2017 - 12:09 PM.

#319 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 March 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

Still waiting for opinions on the Stinger-Wasp-Nova Cat-Blood Asp Mech Pack...

I Would rather have a mix of viable nostalgia. Something like this will sell even better.

Crusader/Thanatos

Rifleman IIC/Nova Cat

Guarantee those combinations will sell really well with the old farts along with the newer generation.

#320 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 March 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:

I like a lot of the 3075 era revivals. The IS Crossbow is one of my all time favorite mechs. Hammerhands, Achilles, Firebee, Ymir, so many kind of cool, but inherently flawed mechs.

Yeah, same here, cool but flawed, 3/5 75 ton jumping ballistic arm mech though would have issues. Engine cap likely being around mid 60's for KPH on it. Outside of C3i and TSM however we are going to have all the tech for it, and TSM in MWO really has little other than a heat based masc which would be odd but fun. Doubt we hit 3068, if we did get to 3075 that would be... Well, too many unbalanced toys would require changes to make MWO still playable, but, a lot of interesting options. But, we are likely 3060's for the next 3-4 years, just like we have been clan invasion for 3-4 years.

24 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users