Next Meck Pack Poll Discussion! Updated Choices And Dev Comments! Escalation Mechs Removed!

2368 replies to this topic

#321 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:15 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 17 March 2017 - 12:09 PM, said:

Or really pretty much any Capellan version of Phoenix mechs. You can always count on there being a variant with Stealth Armor and/or Plasma Rifles made by Capellans.

Let's see...

Archer.... Yep, the ARC-7L
Marauder..... Yup, the MAD-5L
Longbow.... Nope!
Phoenix Hawk.... Yup PHX-4L
Valkyrie..... Nope!
Stinger.... Yup, STG-6L
Wasp.... Yup, WSP-3L

Well that's most of the Macross unseen that got stealth armour packing versions from the Cappies....

#322 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:21 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 March 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

You are literally just saying this because yoir Roflman IIC is losing to the Nova Cat.

Quite the contrary actually. I'm surprised myself how well the Rifleman IIC is doing but even I know that people would want the Nova Cat over it. I have no personal beef over the Nova Cat mech since again, I enjoyed it in MW:LL pre-community edition. However, does that mean certain mechs that should have already been in game, get kicked in the dust based on your own personal preferences? (With a poll released to the public that could ultimately influence PGI's decision making?) I don't think so.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 17 March 2017 - 12:23 PM.

#323 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:23 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 March 2017 - 12:09 PM, said:

I added a ton of mechs within hours, and most of the mechs on the original poll werent even MW4 Mechs. This is the most unbiased poll i have seen, it has a lot of mechs and I am updating it as often as possible. There is no way you are going to convince me that the Rifleman IIC would be winning had it not been added a few hours late.

We can promote the poll for a month, it should more than make up for mechs being added a day late.

Hope so. Always going to be some +/- to any poll, but overall, should be interesting.

#324 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:27 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 March 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

Hope so. Always going to be some +/- to any poll, but overall, should be interesting.

If you want to give the Thanatos a handicap because it was added so much later than the Crusader that's fine by me. I say if we have a close race within 5 votes or so, we can talk about which one was added first, how does that sound? But, the Rifleman IIC was added literally 57 minutes after the poll started, no way does that account for a 71 vote deficit.

We can also give it some time and then retweet and relink it on reddit saying mechs have been added to get people to come back and take another look.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 17 March 2017 - 12:28 PM.

#325 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:29 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 March 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

If you want to give the Thanatos a handicap because it was added so much later than the Crusader that's fine by me. I say if we have a close race within 5 votes or so, we can talk about which one was added first, how does that sound? But, the Rifleman IIC was added literally 57 minutes after the poll started, no way does that account for a 71 vote deficit.

As I said, not particularly worried about it, BUT, it's a legit point Late adds MIGHT be impacted (such as the Viking...though TBH I don't see it being a front runner even if added at the start). And again, it's a point people used pretty heavily to QQ about CK's poll.

#326 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:29 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 17 March 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

Archer.... Yep, the ARC-7L
Marauder..... Yup, the MAD-5L
Longbow.... Nope!
Phoenix Hawk.... Yup PHX-4L
Valkyrie..... Nope!
Stinger.... Yup, STG-6L
Wasp.... Yup, WSP-3L

Don't forget some of the other Phoenix mechs:

Griffin.... Yup, GRF-5L
Battlemaster.... Yup, BLR-4L

#327 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:30 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 17 March 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

Don't forget some of the other Phoenix mechs:

Griffin.... Yup, GRF-5L
Battlemaster.... Yup, BLR-4L

Ahh those wacky cappies... What sort of shenanigans will they come up with next....

#328 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,687 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:32 PM

Id love to see an Osiris, great harasser from the mechwarrior 4 days

Chimera too for similar reasons.

Toyama, Avatar, and Thanatos. All terrifying machines.

Nightstar for obvious reasons, Hatamoto Chi and Akuma because i want a jumping atlas.

Solitaire, Fire Falcon, and Hellion, all fast clan lights

Arctic Wolf and Lobo, Conjurer (Hellhound) too but they HAVE to use the mechwarrior 4 art for the hellhound, the original art is weeaboo trash garbage and classic BT enthusiasts can bite me

Nova Cat 10000% should have had it instead of the night gyr

Grizzly too, its a scary monster

Blood Asp and Warhammer IIC of course. Id ask for the Turkina too but its a strictly worse direwolf, so i'd have to pass on that one unless they gave us engine options on omnimechs.

#329 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

View PostArnold The Governator, on 17 March 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

Quite the contrary actually. I'm surprised myself how well the Rifleman IIC is doing but even I know that people would want the Nova Cat over it. I have no personal beef over the Nova Cat mech since again, I enjoyed it in MW:LL pre-community edition. However, does that mean certain mechs that should have already been in game, get kicked in the dust based on your own personal preferences? (With a poll released to the public that could ultimately influence PGI's decision making?) I don't think so.

Unless I listed out over a hundred different mechs there would always be some personal choices involved, but you should know that I didn't like most of the mechs on the original poll, so its not my personal preference, its just what I thought people would want. I knew I would miss some, that's why I said LET ME KNOW so I can add them, and I added a lot of mechs before tweeting out the poll and posting it to reddit. I am not being biased. If I was, the fracking Stinger/Wasp/Valkyrie/Crusader would not be on the poll at all.

CK16's poll was MUCH more limited than this one, and PGI used it to help decide the next pack, this one is pretty inclusive as far as player created polls go.

Besides, how many "races" are really going to be impacted by a handful of votes? Most of the decisions are pretty clear cut.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 17 March 2017 - 12:33 PM.

#330 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts

View PostMetus regem, on 17 March 2017 - 12:30 PM, said:

Ahh those wacky cappies... What sort of shenanigans will they come up with next....

Honestly it just makes me wish tech wasn't just a tech-base restriction but a faction restriction.
Want to use Light Gauss? Better find you a Marik design.
Want to use Heavy Gauss? Better get you a Steiner design.
Want to use VSPLs? You are then awesome and win the game.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 17 March 2017 - 12:33 PM.

#331 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:38 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 17 March 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

Honestly it just makes me wish tech wasn't just a tech-base restriction but a faction restriction.

You really think some of your Competitive Pals would really be down with that?.... BUT BUT:.: I NEED THIS Goody to MINMAX and THAT GOODY over in the other faction!

I'd be all over it..that's part of the immersion I want. And I see how Mercs could get around it some... one reason I wish some form of R&R could have worked out.

#332 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:41 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 March 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

You really think some of your Competitive Pals would really be down with that?.... BUT BUT:.: I NEED THIS Goody to MINMAX and THAT GOODY over in the other faction!

I'd be all over it..that's part of the immersion I want. And I see how Mercs could get around it some... one reason I wish some form of R&R could have worked out.

I advocated for some sort of system to incentive bringing faction specific mechs in Faction Play. You could bring non-faction mechs but i would cost you something.

#333 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:41 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 March 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

I don't know that they care, it's not like they ask for mixtech right now. It WOULD make things tougher to balance though since you wouldn't just have Clan vs IS to worry about.

#334 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:43 PM

View PostMoonlight Grimoire, on 17 March 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

One mech (though I feel it is late to add to the party) that was revived in this era that I do enjoy is the Hammerhands. One variant comes stock with 2xRAC5's, 75 ton ECM capable jumping ballistic mech. It is the bigger brother of the Warhammer. While we don't have melee and slow down due to heat it also has TSM but that I guess would get refunded in DHS or replaced with MASC.

Though if TSM was made so the hotter you run the more agile and faster you got that would be neat way of doing it. Also I would prefer seeing the Hammerhands over the Bandersnatch, but, that is just me.

the Hammerhands is my only "top pick in class" 'mech I didn't ask to be added on the first page, because I've never seen it mentioned by anyone else before. Now? Twice in the same night! Posted Image

#335 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 17 March 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

Fine by me, I mostly use Generic IS or FedCom units anyways....

#336 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:50 PM

WRT faction specific tech?

Honestly, I figured that would have been part of FW from the start, with the possibility of salvaging "captured tech" if you took enough / the right enemy planets.

Oh well...

#337 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:55 PM

Posted Image

Nova Cat Hype!

#338 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:13 PM

still no vulcan bro? #triggered!

Also...color me impressed with the overall IS results so far.

Osiris, Dervish, Thanatos/Crusader and Fafnir?

We could do a LOT worse. And definitely a lot more boring.

Clans on the other hand, a bit more predictable, and aside from the Nova Cat, something of a let down.

Blood Asp? Snooze... Black Lanner... talking about nostalgia grognards wanting bad... how the freak do you explain that? Ain't no nostalgia for that pile of crap....

#339 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:18 PM

Needs 100% moar Raptor.

#340 Clanner Scum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 March 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

still no vulcan bro? #triggered!

Also...color me impressed with the overall IS results so far.

Osiris, Dervish, Thanatos/Crusader and Fafnir?

We could do a LOT worse. And definitely a lot more boring.

Clans on the other hand, a bit more predictable, and aside from the Nova Cat, something of a let down.

Blood Asp? Snooze... Black Lanner... talking about nostalgia grognards wanting bad... how the freak do you explain that? Ain't no nostalgia for that pile of crap....

You're welcome to your opinion on the BLanner, but I'm afraid your opinion is a minority one. Posted Image

Bring on the Lannie!

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users