Next Meck Pack Poll Discussion! Updated Choices And Dev Comments! Escalation Mechs Removed!

2368 replies to this topic

#401 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:35 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 20 March 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

Not surprised of the results for the Nova Cat, Blood Asp and Fafnir, Thanatos kinda caught me off guard but hey I can finally have an excuse to like that mech for MW4

Yeah, although I wouldn't surprised if PGI pumped the brakes and held off on the Blood Asp/Fafnir. We have had a long string of Clan assaults, and just got an IS 100 tonner as well, so those cows might be milked after the next mech pack. There is enough to milk with the Nova Cat/Thanatos/Osiris/Black Lanner (? I guess) that they might go with those instead for this round.

#402 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:41 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 March 2017 - 07:35 AM, said:

Yeah, although I wouldn't surprised if PGI pumped the brakes and held off on the Blood Asp/Fafnir. We have had a long string of Clan assaults, and just got an IS 100 tonner as well, so those cows might be milked after the next mech pack. There is enough to milk with the Nova Cat/Thanatos/Osiris/Black Lanner (? I guess) that they might go with those instead for this round.

Yes I believe the Thantatis/Nova Cat/ and Black Lanner (ermm) will sell like hot cakes the Osiris is kinda of iffy, I don't see alot of people talking about it compare to some of the more "iconic"/nostalgic IS lights, I may go read what it brings to the table.

#403 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:50 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 March 2017 - 07:35 AM, said:

I can agree with everything but the Black Lanner for what you are suggesting there Gas... I think the Lanner will not fair as well as a lot of people think it's going to in MWO... out side of cERSL/cERmL/cmPL (clan Extended Range micro Laser/ micro Pulse Laser) it is going to lack pod space 11.5t when fully armored... I mean that's barley 3t more than the Viper packs, and the Viper is 15t lighter.... 2.5t more than an Ice Ferret, and the Ferret is 10t lighter than the Black Lanner....

#404 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:53 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 20 March 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

Yes I believe the Thantatis/Nova Cat/ and Black Lanner (ermm) will sell like hot cakes the Osiris is kinda of iffy, I don't see alot of people talking about it compare to some of the more "iconic"/nostalgic IS lights, I may go read what it brings to the table.

View PostMetus regem, on 20 March 2017 - 07:50 AM, said:

I can agree with everything but the Black Lanner for what you are suggesting there Gas... I think the Lanner will not fair as well as a lot of people think it's going to in MWO... out side of cERSL/cERmL/cmPL (clan Extended Range micro Laser/ micro Pulse Laser) it is going to lack pod space 11.5t when fully armored... I mean that's barley 3t more than the Viper packs, and the Viper is 15t lighter.... 2.5t more than an Ice Ferret, and the Ferret is 10t lighter than the Black Lanner....

Regarding Osiris/Black Lanner, they are the most popular IS light and Clan medium according to the poll. Next most popular IS light is a Hollander, which I get has nostalgia but... you can make a Hollander on a Firestarter, so meh. I think the Osiris will be cool (30 ton light energy boat with JJs and a little ballistic/missile), but yeah the Black Lanner definitely wouldn't be my first choice.

#405 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:58 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 20 March 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

30t of laser vomit in the stock config...

30t
Endo
FF
240 XL (129km/h)
4JJ
5 x isERML
1 x SRM/6
1 x MG

the 4D variant some how manages to get 8! JJ's and an MPL in there by dropping the MG and ammo for the MG.... I wonder what else it gives up... After looking at it in SSW, it also gives up the SRM/6 and ammo...

Posted Image

Art wise, her hard points are in decent places, clustered around the cockpit or at cockpit level. Over all the IS could do much, much worse for a new light... Owens I'm looking at you.

#406 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:01 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 March 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

Regarding Osiris/Black Lanner, they are the most popular IS light and Clan medium according to the poll. Next most popular IS light is a Hollander, which I get has nostalgia but... you can make a Hollander on a Firestarter, so meh. I think the Osiris will be cool (30 ton light energy boat with JJs and a little ballistic/missile), but yeah the Black Lanner definitely wouldn't be my first choice.

Yeah the Lanner is pretty lacking, the only thing I see going for it is building it with 3 Heavy medium lasers, and 3-4 er small lasers and fill the rest with heatsinks is one of the out of the world builds, also what is the second most popular clan medium.

View PostMetus regem, on 20 March 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

30t of laser vomit in the stock config...

30t
Endo
FF
240 XL (129km/h)
4JJ
5 x isERML
1 x SRM/6
1 x MG

the 4D variant some how manages to get 8! JJ's and an MPL in there by dropping the MG and ammo for the MG.... I wonder what else it gives up... After looking at it in SSW, it also gives up the SRM/6 and ammo...

Posted Image

Art wise, her hard points are in decent places, clustered around the cockpit or at cockpit level. Over all the IS could do much, much worse for a new light... Owens I'm looking at you.

While I do love the owens is safer to put my money on the Osiris, and I think modifying the build a bit so it be less hot and the thing is golden.

#407 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:02 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 20 March 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

Yeah the Lanner is pretty lacking, the only thing I see going for it is building it with 3 Heavy medium lasers, and 3-4 er small lasers and fill the rest with heatsinks is one of the out of the world builds, also what is the second most popular clan medium.

That would be the SRM vomit king, the Arctic Wolf...

Base version:
40t

280XL (119km/h)
Endo
Standard Amour
DHS
6x cSRM/6
2 x cSRM/4
1 x cNARC

Posted Image

Yes boys and girls, that's 44 SRM's launched per volley in the stock config....

Edited by Metus regem, 20 March 2017 - 08:03 AM.

#408 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:02 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 March 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

....you can make a Hollander on a Firestarter, so meh.

The Hollander will get a special no Gauss charge-up quirk.

The problem is, what to do with the other variants.

#409 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:05 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 20 March 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

Base version:
40t

280XL (119km/h)
Endo
Standard Amour
DHS
6x cSRM/6
2 x cSRM/4
1 x cNARC

Posted Image

yYs boys and girls, that's 44 SRM's launched per volley in the stock config....

I would completly replace the Lanner with this but I know good well, in Pugosolkia I'm gonna see these things runnong LRM's like crazy on it, but I think I can transfer my MDD build of 2 lrm10 and 4 srm6 with artemis, proboly downgrade the tens to fives to save wait.

#410 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:06 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 20 March 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

While I do love the owens is safer to put my money on the Osiris, and I think modifying the build a bit so it be less hot and the thing is golden.

The Owens is bad, it's an IS omni that will be locked to SHS, a 280XL, Standard armour, standard structure and loaded with a bunch of hard wired support tech....

#411 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:09 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 20 March 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

Base version:
40t

280XL (119km/h)
Endo
Standard Amour
DHS
6x cSRM/6
2 x cSRM/4
1 x cNARC

Posted Image

Yes boys and girls, that's 44 SRM's launched per volley in the stock config....

If they go with the Omni variation of it, which they might as well, honestly, it still provides a scary amount of potential for a 40-ton mech. With a little hard point shuffling, up to 7 Missile hardpoints and an ECM. The problem becomes actually filling those missile hardpoints, with its 19 tons of stock pod space (and being pretty optimal on armor already, at 7.0/7.5 tons of armor). 7 ASRM4 is 14 tons, ECM is 1 ton, so 15 tons. Leaves only around 4-tons for ammunition. Still, even if you dropped it down to 6 missile hardpoints and ECM, that is a highly respectable 40-ton Splat configuration.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 20 March 2017 - 08:10 AM.

#412 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

View PostSniper09121986, on 19 March 2017 - 12:33 PM, said:

Says a guy with Blood Asp in his signature Posted Image

I know, right? It's the irony that sells the signature

#413 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts

View PostMetus regem, on 20 March 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

The Owens is bad, it's an IS omni that will be locked to SHS, a 280XL, Standard armour, standard structure and loaded with a bunch of hard wired support tech....

I know it's something that pulls me to it maybe, my days in MA2 running around and soloing groups of mechs in survival mode. But I can give that mech up for a couple of months for some decent or outright better lights.

#414 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,012 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:11 AM

How about Griffin IIC for clan and super Griffin for IS

#415 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:15 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 20 March 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:

I know it's something that pulls me to it maybe, my days in MA2 running around and soloing groups of mechs in survival mode. But I can give that mech up for a couple of months for some decent or outright better lights.

I would argue that that an upgraded Stinger 3G would be a better mech than an Owens...

STG-3G

Gauss ammo for JJ's.

#416 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:15 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 20 March 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

Griffin IIC yes, but Super Griffin unless you want to make up alot of variants to go to that prototype mech. And I see the Griffin IIC as a direct rival to the Assassin that's gonna be released.

#417 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:17 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 March 2017 - 07:19 AM, said:

Winners for each weight class so far:

IS Light: Osiris
IS Medium: Men Shen
IS Heavy: Thanatos
IS Assault: Fafnir

Clan Light: [Fire Moth], Piranha
Clan Medium: Black Lanner
Clan Heavy: Nova Cat
Clan Assault: Blood Asp

2 (3, there was a tie for 2nd) Overall IS Winners: Fafnir (174), Osiris/Thanatos (106)
2 Overall Clan Winners: Nova Cat (222), Blood Asp (182)

oddly enough, the disappointments in both are in the Medium section, further demonstrating most people don't medium, lol.

#418 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:18 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 March 2017 - 08:17 AM, said:

oddly enough, the disappointments in both are in the Medium section, further demonstrating most people don't medium, lol.

What's wrong with the Men Shen. XL 330/MASC sounds like a lot of fun to me. Also can have ECM.

View PostDavegt27, on 20 March 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

Added Griffin IIC, but Super Griffin is a prototype that never made into production. I'm going to leave it off, sorry :/

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 20 March 2017 - 08:20 AM.

#419 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:23 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 March 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

What's wrong with the Men Shen. XL 330/MASC sounds like a lot of fun to me.

The Starslayer would be better due to being humanoid with cockpit clustered weapon mounts...

The Hellspawn is just a tough little nut....

The Sha Yu also has great weapon placements and is fast with ECM..

The Chimera is just an interesting mech all around....

#420 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:24 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 March 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

What's wrong with the Men Shen. XL 330/MASC sounds like a lot of fun to me. Also can have ECM.

Well it would probably be better of with an XL 275/MASC but still.

32 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 32 guests, 0 anonymous users