Next Meck Pack Poll Discussion! Updated Choices And Dev Comments! Escalation Mechs Removed!

2368 replies to this topic

#601 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:00 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 28 March 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

Lol, 54 damage in lasers for 4.5 tons on a 150+ kph platform. Jesus.

Yup.... there is a reason why we know the Locust IIC is a death machine....

#602 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:00 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 28 March 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

Hey I agree with your post! Now sarcasm aside,

The real reason why I want to see the remaining MW:2 mechs to get into the game (and so happen to have the RFL-IIC before the WHM-IIC since the clan bracket is flooded with assaults) is because I don't want PGI to simply overlook and favor newer chassis over the older mechs that should have been in the game already. Not that I'm trying to start a flame war and QQ about it because my favorite mech in battletech didn't get selected in another pack. I just want PGI to complete the series since we have the Marauder IIC now. That means only 3 mechs left to go and the entire classic MW:2 mech list will be complete.

I pointed out the bias simply because you forgot many mechs during the beginning of this poll. Have I not mentioned the Rifleman IIC someone else would have. It's in second place in the heavy bracket so that is more than enough reason to be happy and (hopefully) catch PGI's attention when Tina submits this list. Am I entitled to the mech being in MW:O as so many others feel about their favorite mechs? Nope. Do I think it would make a great addition to MW:O, drop decks in CW and would it be a decent sell for PGI? I believe so.

IF I CAN'T HAVE MY KINGFISHER THEN NO RIFLEMAN IIC FOR YOU!

Just kidding. Kinda, but not really.

I can agree with that, but if it safe to say the next two Clan Heavies we get will be the Nova Cat and Rifleman IIC, then I would prefer to get the Nova Cat first, for the sole reason that it it brings a LOT to the Clan 70 ton lineup, which currently only has the Summoner which, while good at its niche(s), is a lot different than what the Nova Cat would bring. We already have 3 pretty good Clan 65 tonners, not saying the Rifleman IIC won't add a fair bit to that lineup as well, but not as much as the Nova Cat since we only have 1 other 70 tonner. That's really my primary reasoning. PGI can do what they will with these results though.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 28 March 2017 - 01:01 PM.

#603 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:03 PM

We only have one IS 25 tonner. And no IS omnis. :c

#604 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:04 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 28 March 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

We only have one IS 25 tonner. And no IS omnis. :c

I'm down for the Raptor. Might do 6 ER MLs instead of 8 MLs though.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 28 March 2017 - 01:07 PM.

#605 Alex Morgaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:20 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 22 March 2017 - 07:04 AM, said:

Done.

Thank you :D
Even if it doesn't make it just knowing people remember the champ makes me happy.

Edited by Alex Morgaine, 28 March 2017 - 01:21 PM.

#606 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:31 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 28 March 2017 - 01:00 PM, said:

IF I CAN'T HAVE MY KINGFISHER THEN NO RIFLEMAN IIC FOR YOU!

Just kidding. Kinda, but not really.

I can agree with that, but if it safe to say the next two Clan Heavies we get will be the Nova Cat and Rifleman IIC, then I would prefer to get the Nova Cat first, for the sole reason that it it brings a LOT to the Clan 70 ton lineup, which currently only has the Summoner which, while good at its niche(s), is a lot different than what the Nova Cat would bring. We already have 3 pretty good Clan 65 tonners, not saying the Rifleman IIC won't add a fair bit to that lineup as well, but not as much as the Nova Cat since we only have 1 other 70 tonner. That's really my primary reasoning. PGI can do what they will with these results though.

I do agree that the Nova Cat should eventually make it into the game (since again, I have nothing against the mech nor the crowd that likes it since I did enjoy it in MW:LL) but I hope you do realize that the three 65 ton mechs that we have in game for the clans are all omnimechs. The Rifleman IIC offers the capabilities of a battlemech with high energy/ballistic/missile mounts. PGI awhile back tried to encourage more players to run clan standard engines.

Now I'm aware that the other alternative is the Grizzly, but is that to say that the Grizzly should be in the game before the Nova Cat for the weight bracket reason? It is a 70 clan battlemech after all. A very mediocre jack-of-all-trades mech if not plagued by problems by its design from the lore. I'm sure the irony of this statement is that PGI will make it a good 70 ton mech somehow.

#607 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:40 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 28 March 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

I do agree that the Nova Cat should eventually make it into the game (since again, I have nothing against the mech nor the crowd that likes it since I did enjoy it in MW:LL) but I hope you do realize that the three 65 ton mechs that we have in game for the clans are all omnimechs. The Rifleman IIC offers the capabilities of a battlemech with high energy/ballistic/missile mounts. PGI awhile back tried to encourage more players to run clan standard engines.

Now I'm aware that the other alternative is the Grizzly, but is that to say that the Grizzly should be in the game before the Nova Cat for the weight bracket reason? It is a 70 clan battlemech after all. A very mediocre jack-of-all-trades mech if not plagued by problems by its design from the lore. I'm sure the irony of this statement is that PGI will make it a good 70 ton mech somehow.

Based on the hardpoints the Grizzly probably would be a pretty good mech. The Grizzly 2 can do right side peepers and Goose with JJs, and its a Battlemech so it can rock whatever engine is most ideal. I would rather have the Nova Cat first though, as would the playerbase it seems.

I don't know what to tell you, 3 65 tonners, 1 70 tonner is all I need. That's just what I prefer though, PGI is going to do whatever they think is best, probably depending on whats in the rest of the pack. I'll be honest though, I'd buy all 3 of these (Nova Cat, Grizzly, Rifleman IIC).

What will really get you is that I like the Grizzly more than the Rifleman IIC Posted Image

#608 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:53 PM

-.-

We really need to keep the stock of Clan Omni mechs larger comped to battlemechs though...lore sake wise, also they need to figure out how to make the Omni mechs alot more flexible rather than just Lego mech! (Having multiple loadouts to choose from on a drop or something. QQ all you want Omni's need something to make them feel like the superior mech in terms of logistics ect.

#609 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:57 PM

View PostCK16, on 28 March 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

-.-

We really need to keep the stock of Clan Omni mechs larger comped to battlemechs though...lore sake wise, also they need to figure out how to make the Omni mechs alot more flexible rather than just Lego mech! (Having multiple loadouts to choose from on a drop or something. QQ all you want Omni's need something to make them feel like the superior mech in terms of logistics ect.

Surely you can't resist the Grizzly...

#610 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:23 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 28 March 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

What will really get you is that I like the Grizzly more than the Rifleman IIC Posted Image

That's fine. No hard feelings towards you at all for your preferences.

-.-

We really need to keep the stock of Clan Omni mechs larger comped to battlemechs though.

Says the person who wanted the Mad Cat MK.2 before anything else was added to the clan arsenal.

Posted Image

#611 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:25 PM

-.-

View PostArnold The Governator, on 28 March 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

Says the person who wanted the Mad Cat MK.2 before anything else was added to the clan arsenal.

Posted Image

Hey that's a good point. We have THREE 90 ton Battlemechs and ZERO 90 ton Omni-mechs. Sounds like we need to get the Kingfisher in game immediately.

#612 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:30 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 28 March 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

Hey that's a good point. We have THREE 90 ton Battlemechs and ZERO 90 ton Omni-mechs. Sounds like we need to get the Kingfisher in game immediately.

That's a funny way of saying Blood Asp.

Posted Image

#613 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:41 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 28 March 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

That's a funny way of saying Blood Asp.

Posted Image

Nope. Too soon/similar to the Mad Cat Mk. II. Kingfisher it is.

#614 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:44 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 28 March 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

Nope. Too soon/similar to the Mad Cat Mk. II. Kingfisher it is.

Posted Image

#615 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:03 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 28 March 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

Indeed the IS needs another 95 tonner to accompany the Banshee like the Nightstar (just 2 votes behind the Sunder) or Sagitaire.

#616 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:14 AM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 28 March 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

We have 3 65 ton Omnimechs, two of which are good and one of which would compete directly with the RFL-IICs role (the Hellbringer - both ranged peek traders. It has lower firepower, sure, but ECM, equally high mounts, no silly hat and much better mobility - RFL is going to need special love from PGI to not be godawful due to engine cap, though, like the annihilator, it might get it)

We have 1 70 ton Omnimech, which is filled with flaws and in no way competes with the role of the Nova Cat (though, the Night Gyr kinda does at 75 tons)

#617 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:17 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 29 March 2017 - 12:03 AM, said:

Indeed the IS needs another 95 tonner to accompany the Banshee like the Nightstar (just 2 votes behind the Sunder) or Sagitaire.

Sirocco is 95 tons.
Posted Image

#618 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:18 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 29 March 2017 - 12:17 AM, said:

Sirocco is 95 tons.
Posted Image

AT-AT on steroids much~?!

#619 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:26 AM

Sirocco is 95 tons.
Posted Image

That is a funny looking circus tent.....

The Cerberus is another 95 tonner...

Though the Colossus is as well, with some great looking weapon mount locations...

#620 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:23 AM

Sirocco is 95 tons.
Posted Image

Maybe if they do MWO 2 or something... If only Russ were on board with it.

71 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 71 guests, 0 anonymous users