Next Meck Pack Poll Discussion! Updated Choices And Dev Comments! Escalation Mechs Removed!

2368 replies to this topic

#1061 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:04 PM

Clan Light:
100% Piranha
Basically confirmed

Clan Med:
40% Black Lanner
60% Stooping Hawk
The Artic Wolf takes care of 40 tonners, so I am pretty sure 55t is right. However, I think they might go with the Stooping Hawk and give us a slower 55t more in line with the Nova and Huntsman

IS Med:
Hellspawn
I like the MW4 thinking

#1062 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:35 PM

View PostCato Zilks, on 22 August 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

Clan Light:
100% Piranha
Basically confirmed

Not quite. Yes, the Piranha is possible, but there are some challenges involved in implementing it. Namely:

1) getting the hit boxes on that walking roadsign working right,
2) setting it up so that it doesn't just evaporate from a slight look(this would require an extensive redesign and/or complete redo of the scaling system to prevent it from suffering the same fate as the Wolfhound/Panther/Firestarter/any skinny humanoid mech in game),
3) they would have to find some way of balancing it so that MGs and Micro Lasers wouldn't be OP on it without ruining them for the rest of the mechs(considering PGI's track record with regards to this, I highly doubt this will go well)

Plus, the Piranha isn't even the most popular 20 tonner Clans have(that title goes to the Firemoth). Plus, according to Gas' poll, the Solitaire and Locust IIC are the next most popular. Plus, the release of another Unseen would be a fairly good way to draw in funding for the ongoing lawsuit.

#1063 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:05 PM

View PostRequiemking, on 22 August 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

Plus, the Piranha isn't even the most popular 20 tonner Clans have(that title goes to the Firemoth). Plus, according to Gas' poll, the Solitaire and Locust IIC are the next most popular. Plus, the release of another Unseen would be a fairly good way to draw in funding for the ongoing lawsuit.

That's wishful thinking. It will be either a tuned down Firemoth or the Piranha, with it most likely be the Piranha. I think PGI is playing it "safe" with the unseens/reseens for the moment. If I'm right (and I really hope I'm not), then we are likely not going to see a new unseen/reseen until after September 2018. Expect IS Omnimechs, more MW4 new mech spam and oddities until then.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 22 August 2017 - 01:11 PM.

#1064 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:09 PM

Make sure to remove ALL IS OMNIMECHS OR MIXED TECH. Anubis, Omni never will be put in Arctic Fox(mixed tech) never.

The firemoth is viable if the MAsc is removed.

I Highly doubt IS will ever get Omnimechs or mixed tech, because that would not only breake the balance (more than it has been) but also introduce a miriade of problems.

besides there are a TON more problems in game that need fixed before new mechs need to be introduced.

The day IS gets omnimechs is the day the game will die.

WhY? PGI.

Edited by KursedVixen, 22 August 2017 - 01:13 PM.

#1065 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:34 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 22 August 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

Make sure to remove ALL IS OMNIMECHS OR MIXED TECH. Anubis, Omni never will be put in Arctic Fox(mixed tech) never.

The firemoth is viable if the MAsc is removed.

I Highly doubt IS will ever get Omnimechs or mixed tech, because that would not only breake the balance (more than it has been) but also introduce a miriade of problems.

besides there are a TON more problems in game that need fixed before new mechs need to be introduced.

The day IS gets omnimechs is the day the game will die.

WhY? PGI.

We will probably get IS Omnimechs after 2018 due to the high nostalgic demand for them, even though it was stated multiple times that they will be in a severe disadvantage in MW:O without the reliance of quirks. What cracks me up are all the people demanding that they want interchangeable engines for the IS Omnimechs. Clan Omnimechs would have to get them as well which would obsolete all clan battlemech counterparts completely.

If PGI does however accommodate these type of people with this request, it will truly be the day that MW:O dies.

#1066 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:11 PM

View PostRequiemking, on 22 August 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

Not quite. Yes, the Piranha is possible, but there are some challenges involved in implementing it. Namely:

You are underinformed. Russ said the Pirahna was the next Clan Light on June 23 townhall. https://twitter.com/...458457304711168 we talked about it openly on twitter. While there is a remote possibility it is not the Piranha, it is really freaking remote.

#1067 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:26 PM

A

R

C

A

S

Annnnnd

Vapes the Eagle man-boy

#1068 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:00 PM

Those would be good but they also require some out of the box thinking. And the some seem to like their MW:4-box. Can't blame PGI if part of the community is not open-minded. So I enjoy some of the braver choices like Huntsman and Nightstar all the more.

...and regarding IS Omnis, they are not just for nostalgia. They represent one of the few genuinely novel aspects of MWO in terms of Mech-releases. Also some of them are important to the FCCW (Nondi Steiner had a Hauptmann; Ardan Sortek had a Templar). Lastly, a few could even be good.
I think there is a strong case for IS Omnis, but PGI needs to chose wisely because many of them are just bad.

#1069 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:42 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 22 August 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

I think there is a strong case for IS Omnis, but PGI needs to chose wisely because many of them are just bad.

Either that, or reevaluate some of the restrictions in place for omnimechs in MWO.

I'm not saying go wild west, over here. However, the option to toggle SHS vs DHS, and the option to toggle Internal Structure and Armor type would go a long, long way to improving most of the bad IS omnis, as well as about half of the *underperforming Clan mechs. (*relative to other similar Clan mech options)

Virtually zero impact on the better mechs in game, too. For example, the TBR would not be any better without ES/FF, nor the EBJ, the ACH, the HMN, the SCR, etc. Mechs like the EXE and GAR might get reinvigorated, the WHK would get an extremely mild improvement, the SMN would no longer require the durability quirks it has due to actually having pod space, the Mad Dog might actually have room for things besides missile systems....

Oh... one can dream.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 22 August 2017 - 05:44 PM.

#1070 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:05 PM

FIRE MOTH !!!!!

Just saying. A bloke can dream. :)

#1071 Lanzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 302 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:11 PM

Still waiting on my Dervish. Posted Image

#1072 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 22 August 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

We will probably get IS Omnimechs after 2018 due to the high nostalgic demand for them, even though it was stated multiple times that they will be in a severe disadvantage in MW:O without the reliance of quirks. What cracks me up are all the people demanding that they want interchangeable engines for the IS Omnimechs. Clan Omnimechs would have to get them as well which would obsolete all clan battlemech counterparts completely.

If PGI does however accommodate these type of people with this request, it will truly be the day that MW:O dies.

Really all is omnis would need is unlocked equipment, like the most Lynx needs to unlock that ap (c.a.s.e. mostly), and for is xl equipped omnis good structure quirks for some survival and for shs omnis give them +heat cap and +disipation to make stock heat sink value equal to equivalent dhs.

It's not impossible but it is doable with the current system as is

#1073 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:19 PM

I forget, was there rules on what Mechs are available based on variants available, and have those rules changed for adding new Mechs ala -P variants?
Hussar needs to be a thing :3

#1074 Jetwash

• PipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 36 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:04 AM

I got my votes in already>?

#1075 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:09 AM

If there is room the Brigand & Nexus should get added to the Lights.

#1076 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:12 AM

I would like to see how El Bandito would drive a hero lurmer Longbow.

It would be a dream for him, and popcorn for me watching (if he puts some video in youtube, tho)

#1077 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:02 PM

View PostAlex Morgaine, on 22 August 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

Really all is omnis would need is unlocked equipment, like the most Lynx needs to unlock that ap (c.a.s.e. mostly), and for is xl equipped omnis good structure quirks for some survival and for shs omnis give them +heat cap and +disipation to make stock heat sink value equal to equivalent dhs.

It's not impossible but it is doable with the current system as is

All that IS Omni's would need to have to be viable rely on are their quirks that PGI gives them. IE if an IS Omnimech has locked SHS's it will need bonus heat dissipation to be viable and so forth. As long as PGI decides to not nerf their quirks after release they should be fine. However, I feel that IS Omnimechs down the road will be punished since the only convincing aspect that they will have for pre-orders (while still staying true to Battletech) will be their reliance of quirks unfortunately.

Remember, this isn't Mechwarrior 3 or 4 (I forget which game allowed you to break the rules) and supposed to be a "Battletech Simulator". The only rule in Battletech where you can alter an Omnimech to permanently become a Battlemech, would require the user to make a decision to decide to "hard wire" (Permanently lock those weapon systems, heatsinks, engines, etc. AFTER they were done customizing) that mech chassis with the new equipment.

I would personally be fine if that rule was applied to this game (since it would force people that wanted to do these changes to their Omnimechs to buy more of the same chassis as a penalty), but I don't think PGI would be too happy with these changes to Omnimechs since they are going with the mainstream E-Sport narrative for MW:O. It's really not a matter of people not wanting to think "outside the box" for Omnimech customization as some stated here (since it is possible to convert an Omnimech to a Battlemech in Battletech lore), but a matter if PGI wanting to let go of their E-Sport vision which I don't see happening anytime soon. This is evident with the upcoming Solaris Arena mode along with ranked tournaments coming to the game.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 26 August 2017 - 12:06 PM.

#1078 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:19 PM

pretty safe bet that P.G.I won't touch an unseen ora derived mech like the rifleman IIC until 2019 depending on result, so those might as well come off the list.

Having said that I'm left with a whopping one whole mech I'm likely to buy if P.G.I are swayed by the voting.

Which is actually fine by me because i'm very unimpressed by what P.G.I are planning or thinking of doing with the game in the next three months

#1079 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:31 PM

View PostCathy, on 26 August 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

pretty safe bet that P.G.I won't touch an unseen ora derived mech like the rifleman IIC until 2019 depending on result, so those might as well come off the list.

Having said that I'm left with a whopping one whole mech I'm likely to buy if P.G.I are swayed by the voting.

Which is actually fine by me because i'm very unimpressed by what P.G.I are planning or thinking of doing with the game in the next three months

Oh, it's you again. Looks like you need your daily dose of:

Posted Image

BTW, Victor Musical Industries has the copyright over the IIC unseen artwork so it is very possible to get the legal reseen variations in 2018. Depending if PGI really needs the money, which I'm going to guess that they will if MW:5 Mercenaries bombs or if they settle with HG during 2018, there is still a high demand for the remaining unseen. I would gladly fork over the bucks when they decide to release them.

#1080 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:48 PM

View PostArnold The Governator, on 26 August 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

The only rule in Battletech where you can alter an Omnimech to permanently become a Battlemech, would require the user to make a decision to decide to "hard wire" (Permanently lock those weapon systems, heatsinks, engines, etc. AFTER they were done customizing) that mech chassis with the new equipment.

I would personally be fine if that rule was applied to this game (since it would force people that wanted to do these changes to their Omnimechs to buy more of the same chassis as a penalty),

Oh, the way I read is described here was always that of locking, say, the TBR-Prime to using only the Prime OmniPods to be able to be customised an a BattleMech. Locking everything? I don;t think a single 'mech of mine has kept everything the same for every match I played in it.

Still, PGI could always relax the rules somewhat. Then again, I may still buy multiples even if they didn't...

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users