#221 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 02 November 2017 - 02:33 PM

View PostJugger Grimrod, on 01 November 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

You made his point for him.... IS Heavies w MRMs are ammo dependent and take more skill to place those shots effectively. On the other hand, a Clan Light can equal this w Laser vomit, easily, AND w ECM.

And IS and Clan lights can tear up any other Mechs with LMGs. Comparing misses to lasers is not equivalent, and Clan lights still have to aim.

#222 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:20 PM

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 02 November 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

Again I don't mean this as a slight to KCOM.

No worries ^__^

Yeah, looks like Devil Fox was recording. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like some great maneuvering to keep a numbers advantage against us with an aggressive firing line that kept angling to keep distance and maintain firing opportunities. Looks like we kept getting too spread out on the push and getting defeated in detail. In normal matches, that kinda thing can slide, but in those three they really cost us.

Always happy to have something to work towards.

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 02 November 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

Also just to illustrate this is not a shot at KCOM, we lost to a jade falcon loyalist unit as a 12 man when we pushed out and they outflanked us and gen ducked the other day after going 12-0 on there first push. It was super embarrassing, especially for me, because i called for the push out. Sometimes you just mess up.

Again, no worries. Adversity breeds strength. Heck, I learned to brawl going up against Kell's Commandos in CW all the time, it's why I build mechs and play like I do.

As for pushing out, we've found you need to keep an eye on your other approaches and be ready with the eject key. Remember, those mechs are mechs you're up, so it's no biggie if they're lost. It's why I always advocate a forward defense to save the turrets for lights. If the enemy tries to outflank a push out, you can eject and meet 'em back at base as long as their slower'n lights. As for the lights, well... the turrets'll really do some damage and buy you the time you need.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 02 November 2017 - 04:23 PM.

#223 November Juliet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 05:40 PM

View PostLeone, on 02 November 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

No worries ^__^

Yeah, looks like Devil Fox was recording. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like some great maneuvering to keep a numbers advantage against us with an aggressive firing line that kept angling to keep distance and maintain firing opportunities. Looks like we kept getting too spread out on the push and getting defeated in detail. In normal matches, that kinda thing can slide, but in those three they really cost us.

Always happy to have something to work towards.

Again, no worries. Adversity breeds strength. Heck, I learned to brawl going up against Kell's Commandos in CW all the time, it's why I build mechs and play like I do.

As for pushing out, we've found you need to keep an eye on your other approaches and be ready with the eject key. Remember, those mechs are mechs you're up, so it's no biggie if they're lost. It's why I always advocate a forward defense to save the turrets for lights. If the enemy tries to outflank a push out, you can eject and meet 'em back at base as long as their slower'n lights. As for the lights, well... the turrets'll really do some damage and buy you the time you need.

~Leone.

If you wanted the video. Also Trigger warning, their is some locker room talk.

Edited by November Juliet, 02 November 2017 - 05:42 PM.

#224 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:12 PM

View PostLeone, on 02 November 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

Always happy to provide learning material, aim is to stream most FP on weekends then upload to youtube for future reference, afterall even in defeat is there a lesson to be learnt.

https://go.twitch.tv/evil_devil_fox

https://www.youtube....er/HolyLordTal/

Edited by Devil Fox, 03 November 2017 - 10:14 PM.

#225 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:26 AM

Was good matches - got me coming to play more often.

KCom is a great team - even against other good teams KCom has historically won more than they lost. However everyone has good and bad nights and games and nobody wins all the time. It's great to have solid teams in IS to play against, we lost a match to ISMO the other night for a total of 6 losses, which hasn't happened in... a long time

However nobody wins 100%. The people raging because "some units are ruining FW" were people who quit before the first shot was fired. KCom lost those matches *in spite* of an overall tech advantage, full on props to the winners for driving the win.

#226 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:49 AM

One of the reason many of the great FP teams have diminished is that the quality of opponents is so inconsistent. This is more a knock on the FP MM system (or lack thereof) than actual quality of players. Simply put, its boring being a tater or a tryhard if 80-90% of the time there is a seal clubbing going on and you are on either side...

Any number of quality teams can be online at the same time, but its hard to even sync drop to face off.

Edited by MovinTarget, 04 November 2017 - 06:50 AM.

#227 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:55 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 04 November 2017 - 06:49 AM, said:

One of the reason many of the great FP teams have diminished is that the quality of opponents is so inconsistent. This is more a knock on the FP MM system (or lack thereof) than actual quality of players. Simply put, its boring being a tater or a tryhard if 80-90% of the time there is a seal clubbing going on and you are on either side...

Any number of quality teams can be online at the same time, but its hard to even sync drop to face off.

I've said before - toy need to be able to elect to hold for a specific team. See who's dropping and pick a team to wait for.

#228 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:27 PM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 01 November 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

Aaaaaaaaaand what says this or my profile about 60-80 damage clan laser vomit alphas oO?
(another wierd guy 8D ~o ~O off about stats xD)
Edit:says nothing.i blame playing matches with guys like you in my team

Edited by SHRedo, 06 November 2017 - 01:34 PM.

#229 November Juliet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:42 AM

View PostSHRedo, on 06 November 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

Aaaaaaaaaand what says this or my profile about 60-80 damage clan laser vomit alphas oO?
(another wierd guy 8D ~o ~O off about stats xD)

You should count yourself blessed if Den is dropping with you. Far better player than you or I ever will be.

#230 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:31 AM

View PostSHRedo, on 06 November 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

Haha!

The guys that carry folks "like you" in a match while you're off doing whatever is you're doing ('cause it sure isn't winning).

Good grief - the amount of dumb crap that i've seen on here in the last few weeks is mind numbing.

#231 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:17 PM

View PostMcGoat, on 07 November 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

Haha!

The guys that carry folks "like you" in a match while you're off doing whatever is you're doing ('cause it sure isn't winning).

Good grief - the amount of dumb crap that i've seen on here in the last few weeks is mind numbing.

Welcome to the 'Brown Sea" where arguments either erupt into who has the bigger stat pad for that size of an ego, or become so salty you would think you're swimming in the ocean. Not withstanding the moderation coast guards that patrol these seas.

But even EVIL plays EVIL, two sides to every coin... god I'm missing my easy damage Clan mechs.

#232 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:07 AM

View PostDevil Fox, on 17 November 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

Welcome to the 'Brown Sea" where arguments either erupt into who has the bigger stat pad for that size of an ego, or become so salty you would think you're swimming in the ocean. Not withstanding the moderation coast guards that patrol these seas.

But even EVIL plays EVIL, two sides to every coin... god I'm missing my easy damage Clan mechs.

It can get bad here, but it is not as bad as the "safe-space" for whiny people who can't handle the "Brown Sea" that is Outreach Reddit.

#233 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 18 November 2017 - 12:07 AM, said:

It can get bad here, but it is not as bad as the "safe-space" for whiny people who can't handle the "Brown Sea" that is Outreach Reddit.

These forums are a 'safe-space', Outreach reddit is the doctors at the window of the padded room observing what's happening within and shaking their heads, but they are also full of their own self-importance and knowledge.

However it's the CEO or manager that over watches it all... and questions it all...

#234 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:09 PM

View PostDevil Fox, on 18 November 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

These forums are a 'safe-space', Outreach reddit is the doctors at the window of the padded room observing what's happening within and shaking their heads, but they are also full of their own self-importance and knowledge.

However it's the CEO or manager that over watches it all... and questions it all...

Only the insane can truly judge what is sane 'eh?

#235 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:03 PM

Clan are op mechs. The only thing im missing as clan is AC20 which is obsolete anyway.

Well IS MPL arent bad as well.

Edited by lazorbeamz, 26 November 2017 - 03:04 PM.

#236 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:52 PM

View Postlazorbeamz, on 26 November 2017 - 03:03 PM, said:

Clan are op mechs. The only thing im missing as clan is AC20 which is obsolete anyway.

Well IS MPL arent bad as well.

Please offer an example of a clan mech that will win guaranteed, regardless of the IS opponent.

...I can't wait to see this...

#237 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:54 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 26 November 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

Please offer an example of a clan mech that will win guaranteed, regardless of the IS opponent.

That's not how overpowered stuff work, it's never a guaranteed way to win, but it makes the job easier.
I'm not gonna go in a discussion if clanner or IS is imbalanced, there are to much conversations and whining about that already.

Skill, teamwork and adaptation still reign supreme in deciding the victors from the losers.

#238 Tahawus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:14 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 04 November 2017 - 07:55 AM, said:

I've said before - toy need to be able to elect to hold for a specific team. See who's dropping and pick a team to wait for.

I like the idea, but it'd have to be mitigated so that you don't have teams intentionally waiting for matches that they believe will be wins.

#239 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:43 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 26 November 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

too easy, deathstrike.

#240 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:56 PM

View PostGrus, on 28 November 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

too easy, deathstrike.

The Deathstrike does not guarantee a win.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users