Module Refund Poll

77 replies to this topic

Poll: GSP "Refund" vs C-Bill Refund (230 member(s) have cast votes)

Which would you prefer?

1. GSP as presented (51 votes [20.56%])

Percentage of vote: 20.56%

2. Full C-Bill refund as previously stated (131 votes [52.82%])

Percentage of vote: 52.82%

3. Combination C-Bills/GSP (54 votes [21.77%])

Percentage of vote: 21.77%

4. Other(provide idea below) (12 votes [4.84%])

Percentage of vote: 4.84%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:38 AM

I voted other:

Keep the GSP BUT give the people possibilty to free convert 1 gsp to -> 45k cbill.
This way the people who are happy with current system still happy. While people who want cbill refund will also get what they want. It minor change with both parties happy. ( it prolly also reduce the load when the latter party gonna massive sell the module before the day of skill tree patch release Posted Image )

#22 Motroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Locationmost likely gone

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:47 AM

I've never been the forum warrior kind of guy.
I prefer to actually play the game. And so I did since the early days, counting close to 25k drops atm.
As a fanboy I picked up every mechpack on the way giving PGI hundreds if not thousands of $, and me all the toys I wanted.
So I played a LOT. And was being a VERY loyal custumer.
Ending up with 197 'mechs. Literally every 'mech I wanted. Due to them being from mechpacks for the most part and me playing a lot at the same time with premiumtime also from mechpacks I ended up with a lot of c-bills with literally nothing to spend them on except, guess what, yeah right, MODULES. All while being the most loyal custumer to PGI, both in money and time.
For those reasons, namely being a loyal custumer, I ended up with 197 mastered 'mechs of which 108 have a full set of modules equipped plus ca. 30 mechs with a partial module set.
Now PGI wants to "refund" this dedication with GSP I can only use to skill future 'mechs I don't own by now and have no desire to buy in any form. Like next 300 'mechs to free skill, as if this were an compensation in the first place. This is no refund in any way. This is an insult to the most loyal custumers and I hope from the bottom of my heart that PGI will overthink their decision.
Otherwise I would have to strip 100+ mechs of their modules and sell them for 50% to do some damage control and I don't know if I could sit through this experience.
Maybe set the in-game sell value on modules to 80-100% until patch hits to not further delay...

#23 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:48 AM

I played to grind out the cbills, cbills back is what I want.

I don't want extra skill points so I can master mechs for free, that's stupid. I just want the skill points necessary to remaster my mastered mechs.

Why would refunding the cbills break the economy?

First, I did grind out all those cbills in the first place, it's not like they are added extra to the economy, they are cbills that I have earned and spent and are now getting back. As a matter of fact PGI is removing cbills from my economy by converting my modules to skill points.

Second, there is no economy to break. Every player has their own microcosm of mechs and resources, we can't give away or trade our stuff. BTW I think that's a shame, it would be good for MWO to have trading and actual economy of all resources. Open trading has been very successful for other games like Team Fortress etc, and it would be good for MWO as well. But since we don't have that there is nothing to actually break.

#24 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:05 AM

full refund, or just dump the skill tree all together. I'd rather keep on with what we have as opposed to the bait and switch they're trying to pull on us.

#25 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:20 AM

Tread lightly PGI.. this skill tree and how you handle the refund could be make-or-break for our little game.

Everyone has different needs and so the individual should decide how they are compensated for trading in their hard-earned modules. I agree with Palfa above.. to avoid any risk, make it individually decided where the user decides what percentage to convert to cbills and what to GSP...

Personally, like Voltron above, I enjoy leveling my mechs the hard way despite having 400k GXP in the bank. It gives me time to bond with the mech, see how it performs with various weapon types.. and by the time it's mastered I've settled on a solid build. Giving players the ability to insta-level mechs is counter-intuitive and will hurt the game.. The GSP will be useless to me.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 27 April 2017 - 05:33 AM.

#26 Shadowspawn42

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:07 AM

View PostJikil, on 26 April 2017 - 08:39 PM, said:

If people keep pushing for the full cbill refund on modules we are going to be stuck with modules for another year and end up with no skill tree.

PGI has plainly stated they aren't going to hand out a billion cbills and I think this is why the first skill tree never went live.

GSP is a pretty good idea in that modules just increase mech power and thats what the new skill tree does exactly.

I would be happier being stuck with the current system for a year. As the new system stands, its going to end my playtime in MWO.

And if the new skill tree compensated for both mech skills AND modules, I would be with you. But it barely covers the skills. The module loss is a straight nerf.

#27 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:27 AM

We're never going to get mechs back to where we have them on the live servers. Part of the goal of this is to ramp power levels down.

#28 Meihru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 378 posts
  • LocationGrafschaft Bentheim/Germany

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:30 AM

View PostJikil, on 26 April 2017 - 08:39 PM, said:

If people keep pushing for the full cbill refund on modules we are going to be stuck with modules for another year and end up with no skill tree.

PGI has plainly stated they aren't going to hand out a billion cbills and I think this is why the first skill tree never went live.

If they want to do it the way they plan it now i gladly wait 10 years for a new skilltree (maybe they will even consider making a REALLY GOOD one instead of this half baked mess)

BUT i will NOT accept that they are about to rob me YEARS of grinding because Russ cant think logically.
just THINK about it.
The money is in the game anyways. some choose to spend it on MECHS and some choose to spend it on MODULES. but it IS in the game either way.

now they want to simply delete everything we paid for modules. and give us gsp in such an excessive amount we can NEVER even spend in the whole lifetime of this game.

i give you an easy example of what pgi actually wants to do here, so everyone can understand the ANGER of module buyers.

What yould you say if Pgi says "we are unhappy with some mechs and will take them out of the game for new ones, but dont worry, we will refund them to you in form of 46000 Gauss/clan gauss rifles you can technically mount on every Mech."

THIS is the exact situation just for us module buyers now.

HOW would you react?? you would SCREAM at the **** pgi wants to do.
I am considering quitting mwo after beeing here since the very first day of closed beta, but i will DEFINETLY demand refunds for all preorders f the last months if they really do this to us

Edited by Meihru, 27 April 2017 - 07:31 AM.

#29 S9ectre86

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:31 AM

View PostMotroid, on 27 April 2017 - 03:47 AM, said:

I've never been the forum warrior kind of guy.
I prefer to actually play the game. And so I did since the early days, counting close to 25k drops atm.
As a fanboy I picked up every mechpack on the way giving PGI hundreds if not thousands of $, and me all the toys I wanted.
So I played a LOT. And was being a VERY loyal custumer.
Ending up with 197 'mechs. Literally every 'mech I wanted. Due to them being from mechpacks for the most part and me playing a lot at the same time with premiumtime also from mechpacks I ended up with a lot of c-bills with literally nothing to spend them on except, guess what, yeah right, MODULES. All while being the most loyal custumer to PGI, both in money and time.
For those reasons, namely being a loyal custumer, I ended up with 197 mastered 'mechs of which 108 have a full set of modules equipped plus ca. 30 mechs with a partial module set.
Now PGI wants to "refund" this dedication with GSP I can only use to skill future 'mechs I don't own by now and have no desire to buy in any form. Like next 300 'mechs to free skill, as if this were an compensation in the first place. This is no refund in any way. This is an insult to the most loyal custumers and I hope from the bottom of my heart that PGI will overthink their decision.
Otherwise I would have to strip 100+ mechs of their modules and sell them for 50% to do some damage control and I don't know if I could sit through this experience.
Maybe set the in-game sell value on modules to 80-100% until patch hits to not further delay...

From someone in pretty much the same shoes as you (loyalty and mech purchases wise), I don't feel like it's a slap in the face. I'm happy with the switch in direction. Sure a refund of c-bills would be nice but I've always felt that space money spent is space money that's gone (whether on modules, engines or whatnot). I made the decision to spend it so I should be happy with what I got. From my perspective, all the new GSP they're giving me gives me the ability to skip the draggiest part of my MWO experience and just play for the sake of it. I'd love to be able to just play for the sake of playing not having to worry about that x2 for XP.

What would I do with hundreds of millions of c-bills anyway? There are only so many engines/pieces of new tech that I can buy.

Ah well..just a different perspective I guess.

#30 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:49 AM

My "other" preference is to have PGI keep it all, just leave my low tier mechs alone. Gimme a refund system where I can spend all my friggin extra GSP to get even one of my low tier mech to have quirks sufficient to make it viable again and I would. Heck, I'd be happy to throw in all my GXP and HXP and whatever else "P" too, for just some semblance of balance.

#31 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:57 AM

If they insist on giving us "free" xp, just give us MXP that is locked into unowned mechs as GXP it's no different than giving us GSP for modules.

#32 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:30 AM

either 100% cbill refund or 50% cbill and 50% GSP, i could live with that

#33 BenDixon

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:26 AM

I would like to see PGI do something like Appogee suggests and allow each player to choose which they get Either CBills or GSP or a combination of both.

https://mwomercs.com...l-point-refund/

My main reason is because once the new skill system goes in place I will not have to basic three of the same types of mech to master the one or two i really want to play and master. Getting this huge GSP pool will be a waste for me and many other players.

#34 Myc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 101 posts
  • LocationPoDunk, IL

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:34 AM

View PostMeihru, on 27 April 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

i give you an easy example of what pgi actually wants to do here, so everyone can understand the ANGER of module buyers.

What yould you say if Pgi says "we are unhappy with some mechs and will take them out of the game for new ones, but dont worry, we will refund them to you in form of 46000 Gauss/clan gauss rifles you can technically mount on every Mech."

THIS is the exact situation just for us module buyers now.

HOW would you react?? you would SCREAM at the **** pgi wants to do.
I am considering quitting mwo after beeing here since the very first day of closed beta, but i will DEFINETLY demand refunds for all preorders f the last months if they really do this to us

Pretty much dead on. The people that didn't buy modules bought mechs instead. If PGI took those mechs from those players and gave them a refund that they will never be able to use, those players would be rightfully pissed; Just like I am rightfully pissed currently.

#35 Arborsch

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:24 PM

+1 from me

#36 Jalthibuster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:11 PM

I've got around 180 mechs of which most are mastered. So the historical XP + GXP will do the trick. I have no need for 1,5 billion C-Bills refunded in Monopoly dollars.

#37 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:34 PM

425 000 000 CB= 9 223 GXP. Really?.. Give full CB-refund or, better, let us pick how much we want to take CB or GEXP (for example - I can get my CB 100% back, or take them as GXP (9223), or split it - take, for example, 212 500 000 CB and 4611GXP).

#38 Zeoraimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:40 PM

+1 for Cbills.

I only have 75 mechs, mostly mastered. So most have enough HSP to unlock all 91 nodes. Why would I need more GSP from the modules? I have 3800 GSP, which means the next 41 new mechs will require 0 effort to unlock all 91 nodes.

That doesn't seem like playing the game to me...

At least with CBills I can buy lots of the new tech to experiment on when it comes out... and I can buy more mechs to mount all that shiny new tech, and level them up properly...

#39 Oddmund

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:13 PM

View PostZeoraimer, on 27 April 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

+1 for Cbills.

I only have 75 mechs, mostly mastered. So most have enough HSP to unlock all 91 nodes. Why would I need more GSP from the modules? I have 3800 GSP, which means the next 41 new mechs will require 0 effort to unlock all 91 nodes.

That doesn't seem like playing the game to me...

At least with CBills I can buy lots of the new tech to experiment on when it comes out... and I can buy more mechs to mount all that shiny new tech, and level them up properly...

and this is what they dont see. you would need to buy mech bays for those mech you plan on buying and that cost mc or also known as real money.

#40 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:52 PM

Give us the option to choose how we want the refund on our modules (almost like tax returns): Direct Deposit (cbills) or Visa Gift Card (GSP) or allow us to determine how much of each via slider (or drop down menu, or text field, etc), like the FW tug of war UI. If it's @ 50% then half of your refund is in CBils and the other is GSP. Or if you mark it at the 80% mark in favor of cbills, then 20% of your refund is in GSP. So this would be based on a 100% total - if you chose 60% cbills then you must take 40% GSP. You wouldn't be able to do 60% Cbills, 10% GSP and 30% saved for later to split more. You take all of the refund then and there, but you at least can choose how to divide it.

That or, give GSP refund at a maximum based on how much progress in mastery you did on each mech before the release patch, and the rest is in cbills. So like, if you managed to unlock up to the x2 effeciency via the Elite tier, then you get a GSP refund from modules for the remainder that you still had to get to complete the Master tier. This one would be a lot more complicated to implement, I'm sure. This is why I would honestly prefer just being given the option to choose as well as in what amounts.

Edited by Sevronis, 27 April 2017 - 04:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users