I Am Just Couious. How Long Have You Been Playing Mwo? Will You Leave Mwo If This Skill Tree Is Droped On Live Servers?

188 replies to this topic

#101 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:53 PM

I'm here since closed beta, 1st days AFAIK. That skill tree have a lot of problems, but it will let us drop quirks. So I'm in... Till the end Posted Image

P.S. So many open tests making me think that devs still remember wtf is testing servers and why it should be on all the time Posted Image

Edited by MGA121285, 29 April 2017 - 02:01 PM.

#102 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:30 PM

More likely to quit because whiny, self entitled *******, scuttle every idea that PGI puts forth to change game play that is staler than month old bread.

Power creep has made this game more and more like COD than BT. Increasing TTK is a good thing. Whether this achieves it is another question entirely. Some will win, some will lose, both mechs and players, build a bridge and get over it.

I was on the verge of quitting before, new skill tree and new tech will keep me playing a lot longer than I otherwise would have.

#103 Dollar Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 210 posts
  • LocationLost in the Skill Maze.

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:06 PM

I have been playing since it came out of beta, about 4 years. I was a MWO whale and dropped thousands of dollars on this game over time, but not any more for a long time now. I got tired of getting burnt by the PGI bait-and-switch nerf batting tricks (and this new skill tree is yet another kick to the balls of my IS mechs that I payed for with real money.)

It's too soon to tell if I'll leave. But I have put up with so many stupid moves by PGI and I think the new skill tree "Skill Maze" may finally be the one to push me away from MWO. How PGI can repeatedly take a good concept and totally screw it up is beyond me. Another guy named "AnTi90d" posted a nicely done list of some of "PGIs Greatest Hits" higher up in this thread (post #11.) Please have a look to see what I'm talking about.

I gave the Skill Maze a try on the PTS and I tried to like it. Because I know like death and taxes, it's coming no matter what. However, I eventually got so pissed at wading thru that disorganized web of nodes looking for the ones I wanted, and having to waste too many points on crap I didn't want, I just quit the game and played something else. The tree doesn't have to be this way, and I think that's what pisses me off the most!

There is no logical reason for it to be the non-linear disorganized web of frustration it is. The tree needs to be linear, end of story. I have played plenty of other games with linear skill trees, organized in a logically laid out arrangement. I could pick the nodes that work with my build and not waste resources on the nodes that were of no use. Those games didn't seen broken to me. And they made a lot more money, and are more popular that this one. So why is a linear skill tree so horrifically bad for MWO? I have yet to hear one good, logical reason, other than just because PGI/Russ said so. I know Russ arranged the Skill Maze the way it is so HE can control the way we build our mechs and play the game. And that is one of the many bone-headed moves that's keeping MWO down, and the salt mines working at 110% capacity.Posted Image

The Skill Maze is too restrictive. If PGI is going to force us to waste points on useless nodes, then the 91 node limit needs to be increased, or out right removed. I know with the old system we have now, we also have to take useless nodes. But the big difference is we can eventually get ALL the good nodes that we wanted as well.

The Skill Maze has too many nodes. The nodes need to be consolidated into higher value nodes. It will also make for a cleaner looking tree, and the nodes you want easier to find. Trying to spec out a mech using this Skill Maze feels like death by a thousand paper cuts (or mouse clicks.)

The Skill Maze is taking away choice. You would think that with all those nodes we would have more choice. But after being forced to waste the few node points we get on useless nodes, like having to take missile nodes on a gun mech build, you're not even left with enough node points to get your mech back to the full abilities it had under the old system (and yes, I know Russ did that on purpose. Yet another infuriatingly bad idea.) And, PGI is stubbornly trying to sell this Skill Maze to us by saying we get more choice? PGI...please...don't piss on me and try to tell me it's raining.Posted Image

Edited by Dollar Bill, 29 April 2017 - 09:31 PM.

#104 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:56 AM

View PostDollar Bill, on 29 April 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

The Skill Maze is too restrictive. If PGI is going to force us to waste points on useless nodes, then the 91 node limit needs to be increased, or out right removed. I know with the old system we have now, we also have to take useless nodes. But the big difference is we can eventually get ALL the good nodes that we wanted as well.

Did you mean to write that?
What was the difference?
The skill tree is more restrictive than the skill tree?
We might have to spend a couple of piddly points to get a node we might like more?

... where is that head slap meme....

#105 Blockpirat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 155 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:22 AM

I started playing MWO in 2014 and dropped a lot of money on it (>2000$).

After growing frustrations with PGI's decisions for the game and the endless flow of Mechpacks, the previous Skill Tree PTS was the final straw that made me cancel all preorders and stop giving them any more money.

As a lifelong Battletech fan I still follow the game's development and play a handful of matches from time to time.

But if the Skill Tree goes live I probably won't even do that anymore. Having to navigate this convoluted maze, clicking hundreds of times, is just too much of a chore. Doing it for 200 Mechs would take me many hours. It's just not worth it.

TLDR:
Big spender since 2014
Stopped paying because of Skill Tree PTS 1
Will probably entirely stop playing if Skill Tree goes live

#106 FallingAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 627 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:30 AM

I've bee playing "Mechwarrior Online" for over 3 year.
I started playing online mechwarrior on Kali with Mechwarrior 2
I've all ready closed my wallet and reduced my playing time because of what PGI did to Faction Warfare.
My I.S. account/mechs all ready sit around idle. The draw of the juicy Night Gyr and Maurader IIC bought for cbills on my clan account is just too stronk. Even without the basic skills, they still perform better than my fully mastered and moduled I.S. mechs.

With all of that said...

I DON"T CARE ABOUT THE SKILL TREE!

If it's going to be garbage, it's going to be garbage for everyone.

What i do care about is my investment of time and real money to accumulate 686 million cbills worth of modules.
PGI wants to give me 15,178 GSP in exchange. Enough GSP to master 166 mechs. I "only" accumulated 85 mechs in 3 years. At that rate it'd take 6 years of buying new mechs just to use all that GSP Posted Image

-or- I can take 50% of loss on 686 million cbills.
Russ talks about people not wanting to lose their progression. Part of the progression of MWO is accumulating c-bills. 343 million cbillls is alot of progress to give up. All for a skill tree that i don't care about/want.

Will this stop me playing? No.

If the current refund policy is implemented, it will keep my wallet permanently closed to PGI. Not only for MWO, but Mechwarrior 5 as well.

#107 John McHobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:43 AM

I am playing since the open Beta.
I probably won´t ragequit the game, but play and spend less on it.

What bothers me is the feeling that only art designers and 3D-artists seem to be still involved in the development of MWO.
No coders, no game designers.

#108 Jonny Taco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 706 posts
  • Locationan island

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:14 AM

I've been off and on since closed beta. I doubt i will quit outright however I wont be pre purchasing a mad cat mkII anymore. I've always felt a rather large disconnect between the devs and the players and imo this is just another obvious example. I'm Going to wait and see what actually comes of these changes and how balance plays out after new weapons before I buy or not. Chances are i'll probably just wait to buy it with cbills next year.

Edited by Jonny Taco, 30 April 2017 - 06:19 AM.

#109 Shadowspawn42

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:03 AM

View PostMMoonSetW, on 28 April 2017 - 08:58 PM, said:

Played this game for about 1 year.
This patch is aimed right at players like me.
Probably will not stop playing, but will spend much less time on it.
Definitely will not put money into it anymore. It's a game that messes with my stuff in game.

This sums up my position quite well. I play with my family and friends...about 10 people. We will all likely play together still, but less often. And none of us will spend another $ on Mechwarrior. I dont like a game that messes with my stuff in game either.

I have all my modules pulled. May 15th is Module Sell Day for my little clan.

#110 Remover of Obstacles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 549 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:17 AM

Playing since 2013.

I hope to keep playing if the balance doesn't take too much of a hit.

I do plan to stop purchasing, unless some real "new content" comes out.

#111 suit1337

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:57 PM

playing for over 3 years now - PGI makes me unhappy ever so often, then i stop playing for months and not spending any money

for example as the hitboxes got revamped a few years ago they basically broke the dragon, with the quirks they brought him somewhat back and broke him again

it is really sad that this has to go on and on this way, take my pauses - eventually spend money, get disappointed again

#112 Defensores 6

• PipPip
  • Hero of Ghost Bear
  • Hero of Ghost Bear
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:47 PM

5 years and thousands of dollars invested. I have no problem with this version of the skill tree; I will continue to play. However, unless PGI offers a better refund package for veteran players; I vow to never purchase another second of premium time or anything else offered for real money in the game.

#113 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:26 PM

View PostZuesacoatl, on 28 April 2017 - 12:08 AM, said:

I have been here since 2011, I am a founder, and have spent well over $2250 on the game, and will spend as family and bills allow.

The tree is not perfect, but it is better than anything we have had, and I have been waiting for a change like this that offers more flexible choices and allows me to build my way, sure I may have to take some nodes I do not want, but I understand the reasoning behind the give and take. I think that most people in my generation do, the youngins from this generation want it their way, and they want it now.

I will not leave the game, but I do not play as often since the first time they cancelled the skill tree, and if they cancel it again, I will play even less.

So the thread is not going your way, so you resort to insults at the end of your post...Bravo, you are a shining example of the current what do I get generation.

they listened to player feedback. There was quite a few of us who like the skill tree for the most part, so they listened. Just because they do not listen directly to you does not mean they do not listen to player feedback. Another example of the current generations thought process of what do I get out of it.

You are not getting screwed. They are giving you a currenency that fulfills the premise of when you spent those cbills. When you bought the modules pre 2017, you did so with the thought process of increasing range, finding hidden mechs, or derping the radar. They are giving you currency to support the spirit of those purchases.

Asking for a full c-bill refund is like going to a burger joint, buying a burger, eating it, and then coming back years later when they have changed their menu a bit and have offered you a free burger even though you spent that money years ago, you want compensation because you ate the burger, but now that burgers are free on the menu, you want your money back to buy fries and a coke....

That last comparison is so wrong.

I denied myself a lot of mechs that i could own if i didnt fully equip each emch with modules.
Lets say a player ahs 200 mechs becvause he didnt buy modules and i have 100 mechs because i equipped every mech with modules to the fullest. Lets also say that the first guy with the 200 mechs has also a few modules. Lets say modules for 10 mechs.

This leaves us with the situation that I have 100 FULLY masered mechs while teh otehr guy hast 10 FULLY mastered mechs and 190 Mechs that arent mastered. Keep this in midn we will have a look at the outcome after teh skill tree is there.

THose 10 modules the first guy has are worth so much GSP - they can master their whole set.of 200 mechs together with a few cbills.

I get so manny GSP that i can also master 5k mechs. I neither deserve that, nor do i need them because i ahve millions of xp on the mechs i already own. The GSP dont change that. But ok i have 100 mastered mech somewhat ok since i had that before, if you consider a mech to mastered when its fully fittet with modules.

The other guy has 200 fully mastered mechs after skill tree goes live. I have 100, we both spend the same amount of time in the game and when equally succcessfull in game we earned the same xp, gxp and cbills. And we had something to show for it. After the skill tree goes life the other guy has twice of what i have for the same amount of work put it. I have to regrind cbills worth 100 mechs, he doesnt. Thats unfair. And if the forum doesnt come to census i bitterly have to accept that i got backstabbed by ghe people i helped when the first approach for a transistion between skill trees would have screwed those with manny mechs. SO if thats your position - **** YOU!

#114 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:56 PM

View PostCara Carcass, on 30 April 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

That last comparison is so wrong.

I denied myself a lot of mechs that i could own if i didnt fully equip each emch with modules.
Lets say a player ahs 200 mechs becvause he didnt buy modules and i have 100 mechs because i equipped every mech with modules to the fullest. Lets also say that the first guy with the 200 mechs has also a few modules. Lets say modules for 10 mechs.

This leaves us with the situation that I have 100 FULLY masered mechs while teh otehr guy hast 10 FULLY mastered mechs and 190 Mechs that arent mastered. Keep this in midn we will have a look at the outcome after teh skill tree is there.

THose 10 modules the first guy has are worth so much GSP - they can master their whole set.of 200 mechs together with a few cbills.

I get so manny GSP that i can also master 5k mechs. I neither deserve that, nor do i need them because i ahve millions of xp on the mechs i already own. The GSP dont change that. But ok i have 100 mastered mech somewhat ok since i had that before, if you consider a mech to mastered when its fully fittet with modules.

The other guy has 200 fully mastered mechs after skill tree goes live. I have 100, we both spend the same amount of time in the game and when equally succcessfull in game we earned the same xp, gxp and cbills. And we had something to show for it. After the skill tree goes life the other guy has twice of what i have for the same amount of work put it. I have to regrind cbills worth 100 mechs, he doesnt. Thats unfair. And if the forum doesnt come to census i bitterly have to accept that i got backstabbed by ghe people i helped when the first approach for a transistion between skill trees would have screwed those with manny mechs. SO if thats your position - **** YOU!

You bought 100 mechs and fully outfitted each with modules, so you had 100 mastered mechs.

I bought 200 mechs and never bothered outfitting 190 of them with modules. I had 10 mastered mechs.

Over the last few years, you've had objectively better mechs, I've had more mechs. While you could have owned more mechs, you elected to have better ones, and you benefitted from that.

But, what I have is irrelevant to you. All that matters to you is that after the Skill Tree drops, you don't end up worse off.

And you know what? You're not worse off. You're better off than you are now! You'll have so much GSP, you can respec any of your mechs, and fully skill every mech you will buy for the rest of the time you play. Now you can just buy mechs and never worry about XP or cbills to level them.

Me? I won't be able to master all 200 (you make some really crazy assumptions with regards to how much you get back from modules there) but I'll also be better off than I am now. I looked briefly on the test server (as I have roughly that many mechs, and modules for 10ish) and while I'm not sure exactly how many I can master off hand, it's pretty close to my total mech count now, +/- a couple.

I'll be better off than now, as well.

But going forward? Your cbills go straight to new mechs. When I buy new mechs, I'll need to spend millions of cbills and xp skilling them up. I had extra cbills in the past (and weaker mechs!), you have extra cbills now (and just as strong mechs).

Settle down, you're fine.

#115 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:58 PM

I denied myself...

You sound like some kind of monk.

...a lot of mechs that i could own if i didnt fully equip each emch with modules.

Why would you fully equip each Mech with modules? That's your fault for not being smart and using your funds wisely. It also smacks of a severe case of OCD.

Incorrect. Modules do not count towards Mastery. In Mastery, you have the Basic, Elite, and Master tiers of skills. Modules are end-game content, "go-fasters," and that's all. Attempting to conflate them with Mastery is one of the major errors in your judgment and argument.

I get so manny GSP that i can also master 5k mechs.

This whole section sounds quite exaggerated.

I neither deserve that, nor do i need them because i ahve millions of xp on the mechs i already own. The GSP dont change that. But ok i have 100 mastered mech somewhat ok since i had that before, if you consider a mech to mastered when its fully fittet with modules.

This makes zero sense. Let's dissect your hilarious claims here.

You say, that you and your carbon-copy-clone have identical amounts of time and have earned identical amounts of resources in this game. Your clone is smarter than you, buys only the modules that he needs, and then uses his leftover funds to purchase double the amount of Mechs you have. You succumb to a hysterical fit of OCD and proceed to fill out every single one of your 100 Mechs with modules, and then stop purchasing Mechs. Any leftover funds are sitting in your bank account, untouched. PGI announces the Skill Tree and promises that all Mechs that are already Mastered will receive 91 nodes for remastering. PGI also announces that all modules bought up to a certain date will be awarded as nodes, while modules bought after a certain date will be awarded as C-bills. You say that this is unfair because it favors your clone.

Let's think critically here.

First off, pretending that all things are equal is silly. The Matchmaker is very fickle and no two people are the same, so no such ideal exists.

Secondly, even if we pretend, for the sake of argument, that your ideal does exist, your claim that it's not "fair" is false. You chose to purchase the modules. Your clone didn't. You could have been just as smart, bought only what you needed, and then be set, but you didn't.

Third, You are pretending that you are not getting fair value for what you have. However, let's consider your previous statements. You claimed that modules were part of mastery, but are now unhappy that PGI is awarding nodes to help you with mastery. You instead, want them to be treated as items so that you get C-bills back for them. You are trying to have it both ways. On top of that, PGI is being quite generous by awarding the bonus skill nodes. You will be able to use them to purchase extra nodes for your already owned Mechs, as well as to master Mechs you purchase in the future. All earnings you make from now on will simply be income for you. Even if you have enough nodes to master "5,000 Mechs," that is the result of decisions you made in the past. Just consider it your new OCD mini-game, and set off to purchase every single available node for every single Mech you own now or will purchase in the future.

Fourth, your clone isn't getting as much back as you. He isn't getting "more" than you, as you indicate. He will get back enough nodes to master all his Mechs as well as a handful of extras after he has purchased all his extra nodes for his owned Mechs. That's the result of his choice to not blow all his money so foolishly on modules. He will run our of node points sooner than you, and will then have to grind funds to master new Mechs, something you will not have to worry about for a very long time.

In the end, you're both getting well compensated. Your hangup, is the fact that you have too many modules in your inventory now, and, because of that, you will have too many node points in your inventory in the future. It's really no different from what you have now, except that your perception of it is different.

Also, your grammar is horrible. If English isn't your first language, then my apologies and keep practicing. But if it is, then you need to take a bit more pride in how you present yourself to others, and try to write better.

View PostWintersdark, on 30 April 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

You bought 100 mechs and fully outfitted each with modules, so you had 100 mastered mechs.

I bought 200 mechs and never bothered outfitting 190 of them with modules. I had 10 mastered mechs.

Over the last few years, you've had objectively better mechs, I've had more mechs. While you could have owned more mechs, you elected to have better ones, and you benefitted from that.

But, what I have is irrelevant to you. All that matters to you is that after the Skill Tree drops, you don't end up worse off.

And you know what? You're not worse off. You're better off than you are now! You'll have so much GSP, you can respec any of your mechs, and fully skill every mech you will buy for the rest of the time you play. Now you can just buy mechs and never worry about XP or cbills to level them.

Me? I won't be able to master all 200 (you make some really crazy assumptions with regards to how much you get back from modules there) but I'll also be better off than I am now. I looked briefly on the test server (as I have roughly that many mechs, and modules for 10ish) and while I'm not sure exactly how many I can master off hand, it's pretty close to my total mech count now, +/- a couple.

But going forward? Your cbills go straight to new mechs. When I buy new mechs, I'll need to spend millions of cbills and xp skilling them up. I had extra cbills in the past (and weaker mechs!), you have extra cbills now (and just as strong mechs).

This.

Winter beat me to it. :D

#116 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:59 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 30 April 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

I am not better of after the skill tree change goes live, i loose 800 million cbills. I cant buy mechs since the cbills are gone. If i sell the modules for half value before the skill tree goes live i am better off then just converting them to GSP. That means i am better off even while loosing half the cbills i spend.

No i dont have extra cbills. Were does that idea come from? I had 11 millions more compared to live. Thats not even 3 mastered mechs. I have lots of xps on mechs that i have mastered anyway and cant use those xp because i dont get the cbills. But hey i can master them with GSP which i do not need because all the xp i have on those mechs do not matter anymore. Its double neglecting fucktardry. This is the worst descision PGI could make. And only because this time it doesnt hit you in the head its ok?

View PostNightmare1, on 30 April 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

You sound like some kind of monk.

Why would you fully equip each Mech with modules? That's your fault for not being smart and using your funds wisely. It also smacks of a severe case of OCD.

Incorrect. Modules do not count towards Mastery. In Mastery, you have the Basic, Elite, and Master tiers of skills. Modules are end-game content, "go-fasters," and that's all. Attempting to conflate them with Mastery is one of the major errors in your judgment and argument.

Yeah insults. Start off with telling someone he has OCD, while all i did was not wanting to look for the modules and it was ok since i got something for the cbills. And btw yes modules count to mastery since they, same as the XP improve your mech. Before the change the skill tree had XP and bill components, but the cbill components could be transdfered from mech to mech. The later is gone now. It would be fine if i get my cbills back. But i dont. Even worse it also takes away the leveling part of a mechs since in the future i wont have to do that anymore. Its takes away the little bit of extra depth of the game soo many people wanted.

View PostNightmare1, on 30 April 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

This makes zero sense. Let's dissect your hilarious claims here.

You say, that you and your carbon-copy-clone have identical amounts of time and have earned identical amounts of resources in this game. Your clone is smarter than you, buys only the modules that he needs, and then uses his leftover funds to purchase double the amount of Mechs you have. You succumb to a hysterical fit of OCD and proceed to fill out every single one of your 100 Mechs with modules, and then stop purchasing Mechs. Any leftover funds are sitting in your bank account, untouched. PGI announces the Skill Tree and promises that all Mechs that are already Mastered will receive 91 nodes for remastering. PGI also announces that all modules bought up to a certain date will be awarded as nodes, while modules bought after a certain date will be awarded as C-bills. You say that this is unfair because it favors your clone.

Let's think critically here.

First off, pretending that all things are equal is silly. The Matchmaker is very fickle and no two people are the same, so no such ideal exists.

Why dont you start to think critically then? You dismiss an argument about conversion outcomes between two skill trees by saying things arent equal because the matchmaker isnt equal. I made an argument about how choises play out with the current model for transitioning. The leftover funds i have are 20 million at the moment plus 11 million i get from module refund. Nowhere enough. I want those 800mill i have banked in modules. Even selling them for half the price will end up better then getting the GSP. It would be enough cbills to level all mechs and to by 20 new ones. That means i am better of while throwing 50% away. Me and ym clone, we did earn the same amount of cbills and the outcome is very different after the enw skill tree goes live. Plus PGI promised a full cbill refund, which now after teh fact has been changed to cbill refund for everything brought after dec. 3rd 2016.

The rest of your reply is simply silly and the name calling goes on which shows that you do not have an argument. Your english is not better in any way. Belittleing people from above while beeing simply inferior intellecutally is not a smart move everybody see that or do it themselfs - get it? Do you see what i did here or do i have to spell it?
How about you look at yourself and try to improve how you conduct yourself...

I am not trying to have it both ways. I dont want the GSP i want the Cbills. Thats not wanting to have it both ways. They changed an item based leveling system that only included Cbills to a mixed system and all i want is the Cbills to be refunded 100%. Thaier first approach was fair to me the new approach is unfair to me. The first approach was better since it reflected that the majority of players didnt master their mechs to the max since thy swapped modules. I will never look at other players problems in this community anymore and help them and argue with PGI to help them not loosing their masterd mech or whatever the problem at the time will be. This is enough backstabbing from this community.

If you cannot understand that i loose 800 million cbills, just to get GSP that i do not need since i have the XP anyways, then there is not much i can make you understand. The way you missframe the underlying change in skill trees is mind blowing. And no i dont want the ability to level mechs till infinity if i choose to buy them. I didnt level them i dont deserve to have them leveled. It is unfair to the other guys.

#117 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:55 AM

View PostCara Carcass, on 01 May 2017 - 02:59 AM, said:

I am not better of after the skill tree change goes live, i loose 800 million cbills. I cant buy mechs since the cbills are gone.

Your starting premise is faulty. You do not currently have 800 million cbills that you can use to buy mechs, thus the cbills aren't there to be gone. Those cbills are locked in modules. After the skill tree drops those cbills will be locked in GSP that serve a similar function to that of modules. So not only do you not lose anything but you also gain a hell of a lot of free XP. Ergo you are better off than your are now.

The only real difference I guess is that as far as we know you can't sell GSP for half their cbill value. But you can sell the modules now for half their cbill value.

Edited by ForceUser, 01 May 2017 - 03:56 AM.

#118 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:35 AM

About 2 years now i think, but played board game and mechwarrior computer games probably a longer times than some players age. Bough two pack for now.

Will continue to play but don't comprehend why we need this... but at least will not have to buy 3 Battlemechs to level one up.

I'm more pissed off of no battlemech falling, no physical damage and no Axeman, Hatchetman, Berserker ... The return of falling and the arrival of physical attacks would be the most awesome upgrade of this game ever !!!!

#119 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:37 AM

View PostForceUser, on 01 May 2017 - 03:55 AM, said:

Your starting premise is faulty. You do not currently have 800 million cbills that you can use to buy mechs, thus the cbills aren't there to be gone. Those cbills are locked in modules. After the skill tree drops those cbills will be locked in GSP that serve a similar function to that of modules. So not only do you not lose anything but you also gain a hell of a lot of free XP. Ergo you are better off than your are now.

The only real difference I guess is that as far as we know you can't sell GSP for half their cbill value. But you can sell the modules now for half their cbill value.

If i sell my modules i get 400+ million cbills. If i do that i am better off in the new system by throwing half of the cbills i spend away. How is that not a HUGE indicator to you that something is really wrong? I dont need those GSP, i have millions of XP on my mechs that will be converted too. If you refuind me propperly i can buy them with the cbills. Why would i want GSP to level mechs ad infinitum? Sure its a huge boost In level time, but i need to grind the cbills. The skill tree is cheaper than mechs cbill wise. Also i do not deserve to have all mechs leveled from the start for the next years to come since i didnt play them.

Whats it with you guys with the rejection of basic fairness. i dont have to have a leg over the other players level wise, because i made a descision in the old system. Same goes the other way round, you dont get to have a leg over me because the system is changed. Before i was about to say i want teh guy with manny mechs tog et 91 GSP for every mastered mech wich would be a bonus since they didnt have the modules to fully master them. But now i just want you guy to only get a portion of the 91 GSp since you are all backstabbing the other guys that helped you before because now its not your problem anymore. No GSP for you since u dont own modules. Done, now its apperently fair because it doesnt bull me down this time according to your logic.

Both standpoints are somewhat viable. You can say bad for the players with many mechs, who choose not to fully master them with modules and used th swappoing function which lead to #cheapskategate. Wasnt fair because it was PGIs tooltip that made these palyers do it. On the other hand its totally correct that they didnt master their mechs and that this should be reflected in the new skilltree. Which will give players that invested in modules and really fully mastered their mechs the ability to in turn fully master their fewer mechs in the new skill tree. Both standpoints are valid to a certain degree. Both are unfair to a part of the playerbase for different reasons. Your whole logic why i am wroing could be taken without any change but the reversal of standpoints to explain why you are wrong on your standpoint. This should indicate to you that its not black and white and an intemediate sollution has to be found which would be somewhat ok for all players.

Edited by Cara Carcass, 01 May 2017 - 01:16 PM.

#120 ScrubLord1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:54 AM

Will still be playing as I still can find some enjoyment out of the game. Rule of 3 removal will free up mechbays as well, though its more of coming together with the patch, than really being part of the skill tree system.

That said this new system is complete garbage. It tells you its giving you more customization, in fact its a blanket nerf across the board. Worse part is the forced nodes. It wouldnt matter as much if those nodes were actually semi-useful, but forcing you to take gyros, hill climb, SPEED RETENTION!? Hello? Even a blind man can tell something is wrong with it

Edited by ScrubLord1, 01 May 2017 - 04:57 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users