I Am Just Couious. How Long Have You Been Playing Mwo? Will You Leave Mwo If This Skill Tree Is Droped On Live Servers?

188 replies to this topic

#81 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:25 PM

Can't remember, and no.

#82 Geminus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:20 PM

I have been playing since Beta. I am a legendary founder, and I spend a lot of money in this game.
I am not happy with the skill tree changes. I have been asking myself just this question. Will I leave. I just don't know yet.
I feel that the Devs do not listen. I feel that they have in their heads what they are going to do and they ask for feedback on little things, but that they are going to move forward with their ideas no matter what we think. They have all ready said publicly that they do not care what the founders think, which is crazy to me, because we are the ones who loved the game before they even had a game. We love the history of battletech and we love the type of game, so much so that we were willing to invest in it sight unseen. We care and want the game to be successful. At least I know I do.
I think that this skill tree is a step in the wrong direction. Again. The concept of the first tree was better then this one as it allowed you to tailor your mech, really go deep and specialize it.
This new one is terrible. My two primary mechs are a MAD iic and a iic C. Why do I have to spend points on ballistic ammo capacity just to unlock some of the things I want? Why do I have to unlock hill climbs to get to speed tweaks? Why do I have to unlock target info gathering to get to advance zoom?
The Devs stated that they felt that it gave people to much power to make a specialty mech that focuses on one weapon type. So the answer is to make it capable of benefiting on multiple weapon types across the board for the same points spent? My quad PPC mad IIc C sure has a lot of laser cool down. Thanks guys.But i'm still not putting lasers on it.
They bought into the rights of a game about customization and tailoring mechs, and they try to stop you from customizing and tailoring them how you want, and penalize you into you give in make your mech the way they want it.
Thanks PGI. That makes for a fun day of gaming.

But will I walk away? I just don't know yet. And the fact that I am entertaining it, after having dropped thousands of dollars on it, is not good.

And PGI, if you do read this. I am going to list some of what I have so that you see what kind of cash investment I am considering walking away from. Everyone else can move on to the next post.

Legendary founder, Clan wave 1 maskiari pack, Clan wave 2 Ultimate pack, Clan wave 3 gladiator pack, Resistance top tier pack, resistance 2 top tier pack, top IIC pack, Marauder ultimate pack, Warhammer pack plus hero, Archer pack plus hero, Rifleman pack, Kodiak ultimate pack, linebacker ultimate pack, viper ultimate pack, Huntmsan ultimate, Night Gyr ultimate, Mad Cat II pack, Most of the hero mechs (im not naming them all) I have almost 300 mech bays. I have almost 300 mechs. I buy my mechs cash. I have multiple camo schemes and decals for most my frequently used mechs. I am sitting on over 400 days banked premium time. I have not been without premium time since I started playing.
Do the math PGI. I am considering walking because you don' listen to me. You don't listen to us.

#83 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:24 PM

To answer your question, no, I won't leave if this is dropped on the servers. Yes, I have been here a long time and am one of the oldest MWO vets.

Also, "couious" is spelled "curious," and "droped" is spelled with two p's. :)

#84 Wyald Katt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 165 posts
  • LocationHell (aka Florida)

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:07 PM

Year and a half and 210 mechs later, of course not. The meta will provide the optimum path through their... design... and we'll all get used to it.

Keep Calm and Drop On.

#85 Knighthawk26

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 131 posts
  • LocationBlack Forest

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:55 PM

Yeah, not going to leave. But the skill tree as it is will be a pain in the ***. It seems that once PGI spends a little bit of time and money programming something, even into a PTS, they don't want face the cost needed to scrap it and start over or radically change it. Perhaps the cheap skates are not the players but PGI.

#86 MMoonSetW

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:58 PM

Played this game for about 1 year.
This patch is aimed right at players like me.
Probably will not stop playing, but will spend much less time on it.
Definitely will not put money into it anymore. It's a game that messes with my stuff in game.

#87 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:40 AM

depends on respec costs effect on my playstyle. i se it ending badly, because im a tinker-er, but well see. maybe pgi will wise up and remove it.

#88 xXJ35T3RXx

• PipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:23 AM

Been playing MWO since the Kodiak pre-order, so not very long. Won't be leaving if this new system drops since I believe it's better than the system we have now.

#89 FireStoat

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:03 AM

I've been playing since September 2016.
I'm personally looking forward to the patch since...

I play Clan mechs (IS mech nerfs don't really affect me).
I am a cheapskate with modules and will be refunded something like 1100-1200 GSP, which I'll actually put to use with later mechs purchased with CBills.
I don't own a large number of mechs so clicking the mouse 91 times for each one won't feel like a chore.

I'm sad with Respec cost as I own a fair number of Omnimechs that get the shaft in exercising their flexibility which is SUPPOSED to be a strength and something they have a trade off for (locked equipment).

I'm happy with the tree as my Clan mechs without quirks will suddenly have them, and my gimped Timberwolf being missing a module slot suddenly has that nerf removed.

I think players that own a LOT of mechs and modules that will gain a useless amount of GSP (or be forced to sell modules for 1/2 price) have a legitimate gripe.

I also think PGI is making a horrendous mistake with nerfing IS mechs with limited hardpoints that are quirk reliant. I've said all this before and there's not much else to add. It just feels like a common sense view after testing the latest PTS build.

#90 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:14 AM

5 years playing .
Won´t leave because of skilltree .

#91 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:28 AM

I've been playing for 3 years I believe. While I really love the mech theme, I started playing other games after upgrading my rig and I honestly feel so much better.

Playing (carrying) in MWO is actually really draining (not the complexity but having to think/play for others), I cannot choose fun mechs only killer stompy mechs if I want to win. So the game design drastically needs to change on this front. I bought a Purifier but despite getting in the top 1/2 highest kills with a triple AMS ecm build, and losing game after game it just tells me I am wasting my time. I am not piloting it to kill mechs but it seems I have to.

Playing something else really reduced my gaming fatigue so I'll put MWO as a secondary game now. If ST ruins it then I'll probably drop it off completely.

ST seems to allow me to build some ridiculous builds so I get the feeling while I've lost of mech bonuses, its actually sharpening each mech's teeth.

#92 Ockish

• Pip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:58 AM

I'm a founder, my group plays once a week since before time.
We'll keep playing.
We'll keep complaining too.

Change is exciting, a few weeks later everyone will wake up and realize the situation.
The flames will go higher and I'll keep playing.

Were not that good anyway, we loose half our matches on a good day.
We'll still suck when this is done.

PGI will take our cred's an we'll have to buy our way back to where we were.
It might take a few years, cause we're cheap.
But we'll keep on as long as there is Mechwarrior.

#93 Meihru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 378 posts
  • LocationGrafschaft Bentheim/Germany

Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:09 AM

View PostOckish, on 29 April 2017 - 03:58 AM, said:

I'm a founder, my group plays once a week since before time.
We'll keep playing.
We'll keep complaining too.

Change is exciting, a few weeks later everyone will wake up and realize the situation.
The flames will go higher and I'll keep playing.

Were not that good anyway, we loose half our matches on a good day.
We'll still suck when this is done.

Not judging, just a question so you are fine with the fact they nerf half of your mechs into oblivion(tree) and forcing you to redo years of grinding money because they say"we think it's. A good idea" because you think you're an average player?

#94 obesious

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:57 AM

I will try it, i am however totally against it, if i could get a refund i would quit day of release

#95 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:05 AM

View Postobesious, on 29 April 2017 - 05:57 AM, said:

I will try it, i am however totally against it, if i could get a refund i would quit day of release

If I could get a C-bill for every time I've heard that line since 2011, then I would truly be a rich MechWarrior.

#96 HUNTERS MOON

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 117 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:28 AM

Since the very beginning.

Beyond that, I was part of Mechwarrior 2 online via Kali game program. We kept track of the planets on a spreadsheet.

I have been playing one form or another for @22 years.

I even played Multiplayer Battletech 3025, which failed because they ignored the player base.

I will wait and see how the skill tree works. But I have no interest in spending cash, on further mayhem.

#97 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:30 AM

View PostOckish, on 29 April 2017 - 03:58 AM, said:

And with all due respect - this notion that we should endure whatever crap PGI tosses our way and just keep grinding and grinding until years from now we're back to we are today - is EXACTLY why PGI and similar companies can keep on producing utter crap and still stay in business.

Imagine you had a restaurant that used to serve decent food, but now it serves trash and is actively hostile to the customers when they complain. Imagine if they ignore all your valid complaints about the quality of the food and simply pretend you just want a bigger or faster refund for you meal. Would you keep eating there? Would you keep showing up, week after week, to eat trash in the hopes that "someday, we'll be back to where are today?"

WHY?

If the game is still fun post skill maze for you, fine. But the facts are very damning on that proposal: every mech is nerfed, meta-mechs will heavily dominate the environment. Most IS mechs are now trash, and brawling is dead thanks to mobility nerfs. Do we really want to play "Poke Warrior Online" over and over again, watching the same handful of viable mechs kill each other, while saying, "I have to keep going. Someday, it might get better. Someday, this game might be as fun as it was."

Why would it? By agreeing to continue playing after PGI spits in our faces and guts our favorite mechs, you've made it clear that they don't have to care about the customer, so don't expect anything to get any better.

#98 ALEXANDER CARLYLE

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:37 AM

Been playing other games. I keep hoping this will end well but not much hope. If PGI had any faith in this change they would have just implemented it long ago and not drag it out. This will either save the game, or end it. Maybe the next dev can save it.

#99 Ockish

• Pip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:56 AM

View PostMeihru, on 29 April 2017 - 04:09 AM, said:

Not judging, just a question so you are fine with the fact they nerf half of your mechs into oblivion(tree) and forcing you to redo years of grinding money because they say"we think it's. A good idea" because you think you're an average player?

I didn't say I,m fine with it. I said I'll still be here after, that's the question of the OP. Not because I'm happy with how smooth and efficient everything runs, but because I really enjoy the game, and I've seen enough for me to believe I will still love to play it after the next upset. I may be worried about these current changes but I respect PGI for making the game that happens to be my favorite. Granted they do everything the hard way, but I can relate to that.

#100 Hoaggie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 357 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:31 PM

Playing off and on from the start, I will not stop playing over this. Since its something that they said they were going to do before going "live"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users