Tier 1 In 10 Days (Big Post With Links N Stuff)

220 replies to this topic

#141 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:14 PM

I don't remember the guy's name, but a while back there was a guy who posted some vids exposing an aimbot and he also played alot of Novas.

#142 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:44 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 05 June 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

helll naw bruv

trolling MWO nerds is jam hot

Who is he really trolling though?

Him: LOOK AT ME GUYS

Others: This is obviously an alt

Him: No.

Others: Yes

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO...?

Aside of a few people who lost their pants in here, everyone else realized it's an alt, called him out, and that's it. One could probably "troll" more effeciently by creating a topic "Lrms are OP and need to be nerfed" to rustle some jimmies.

Given how negatively he spoke about MWO with his main in the past, investing 60+ hours to "troll" a handful of people seems like the biggest waste of time and the worst troll attempt in ages.

#143 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:00 PM

Jump jetting nova? Narcissistic streamer? Annoying troll?

Something around here smells like Soy sauce.

Back from the ban with a shaved head.

#144 Hayato Mori

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:11 PM

View PostBows3r, on 05 June 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

First off, you're not wrong about the whole MWO isnt super pro thing. It's not. Secondly, I never said he was a bad player. I said he plays pretty well, just without amazing stats, which in my opinion is truth. However that doesn't mean his stats aren't pretty good or even good, just not amazing. Difference in terminology there.

^ good balance between humblebrag and ego driven need to diminish another players stats.

Top 1% in a pool of around 30,000 is amazing, it is pretty much baked into the entire concept of statistics. Top 1% in a build that seems awful might be more amazing. And he did it all in solo queue where he had zero support from his team in most matches.

In organized competitive games, there is(ideally) less or no need to carry. In random QP games, the fact that any player is only a certain percentage of the tonnage and there is no real filter for build or skill, means that the further that player's W/L deviates from the average the more(or less) they carry the game. For every game you can farm huge damage on clueless assaults, there is a game where you are down 5 in the first 3 mins and slowly lose rest of the game riding heat cap vs 3-4 guys.

For someone who represented maybe 6-6.5% of the tonnage potential per match, a 2+ W/L is incredibly statistically significant.

If you ignore the obvious troll / plea for attention, this is an interesting experiment and at least shows that the grind to t1 is a significant commitment of time(if you play less than 80 hrs a week).

#145 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:11 AM

This should be a challenge.
'fastest time to reach tier1'
'least games to reach tier1'
Let me think about it. Maybe a mechpack as prize?
Watcha think?

#146 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:32 AM

Not sure whats more lame ... that lying kid with no life so desperately begs for attention ... or that he actually gets it.

#147 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,070 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:50 AM

View PostRevis Volek, on 05 June 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

Eh, I mean bad troll is still bad, he really didnt fool anyone other then some premabads that think he is a magic user like most other very skilled players in this game.

But if he thinks spending that much time in 10 days to play any game is anything but trolling himself and his health then he is (Har)f*&king nuts anyway.

I worked, spent 3 days at the beach, installed an outside shower, did many unspeakable things with my lady friend and ate $90 dollars of steak Saturday night.

But keep on trolling King Hack!

Posted Image

meticulous detail, i even did flow rate calculations.

#148 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:03 AM

View PostJiang Wei, on 05 June 2017 - 02:40 AM, said:

A little self absorbed arent you.

What gave it away?

For me, it was the OP's nickname.. "KING" Harkinian? Thinking quite highly of yourself you are.. Posted Image

#149 radiv

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:11 AM

View Postkesmai, on 06 June 2017 - 12:11 AM, said:

This should be a challenge.
'fastest time to reach tier1'
'least games to reach tier1'
Let me think about it. Maybe a mechpack as prize?
Watcha think?

How about everyone go sealclubbin every day. Lets all make the newplayer experience worse and go make alts. At the same time we can make twitch streams. Stream the sealclubbing and brag about it

#150 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:15 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 06 June 2017 - 01:03 AM, said:

What gave it away?

For me, it was the OP's nickname.. "KING" Harkinian? Thinking quite highly of yourself you are.. Posted Image

http://knowyourmeme....ng-harkinian--2

#151 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:34 AM

Anyone want to place bets on how long it will take the OP's name to turn pink?

#152 razenWing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:39 AM

View Postradiv, on 06 June 2017 - 01:11 AM, said:

How about everyone go sealclubbin every day. Lets all make the newplayer experience worse and go make alts. At the same time we can make twitch streams. Stream the sealclubbing and brag about it

I think you guys are forgetting one thing...

WHO THE FOK MAKE ALT JUST FOR MWO TWITCH?

You can easily make 10 times more viewers with other games than MWO, why would you go through all that trouble for a game with far fewer viewers? Only famous streamers like theb33f can command 50-100 viewers, and that's quite pathetic compare to games like Hearthstone. There is no motivation and makes no sense to pull an elaborate prank to get like... 10 viewers? You guys are not thinking straight. You are stuck in this mindset that someone must be pulling a wool over your eyes because... reasons. When in fact, the motivation for him to do something like this is zero.

So he becomes the most popular MWO streamer... so what? Because MWO is such a small community, it literally makes no sense to even attempt what you guys think he's attempting. Come on guys, there has to be more resemblance to intelligence in this forum.

Also, since everyone kept referring to game 1. I checked. First of all, King Hark, that Mario/Zelda music is just annoying to sit through. Second, don't stream your email.

But let's actually get the nitty gritty. He was aiming ERML at basically anything that moves. He wasn't thinking about optimal range. He spend 3 attempts trying to shoot down the first light in the sky without realizing that he's way too far. A seasoned mech pilot would check range, no?

Second, he's not mitigating damage with torso twisting. He's face-tanking the whole way through.

You want to convince me that these are all an act? That's quite a commitment. Like Bowser said already, he's just a really good twitch reaction FPS player that may or may not have tried this game before. I once know a pilot named Kingof____, he was also another one of those young fast reaction gamer.

We picked him up on my previous unit a few days into his playing career, and he was just wrecking things right off the gate. He was passionate enough that in his off-time, he's watching b33f video, research macro, and was one of the fastest rising star that I've ever witnessed. But alas, he moved on after mastering the game to a certain degree (my old unit folded also didn't help), but my point is, like my ex-unitmate, it's entirely possible for someone with fast reaction and previous FPS experience to come in and dominate from Day 1. Though Kingof___ (yea I know, not the same guy, I actually know my unitmate from voice comm and have him on Steam), didn't have the dedication for 13 hours stream session, he was on about the same trajectory in terms of matches to T1. I know he's T2 (maybe T1, I don't remember) and he had far fewers hours than I do on Steam record.

You guys are really not seeing things objectively. Your first impression is, "he's trolling, he's lying, new players can't pull off something like this" and that stuck. Honestly, he wasn't even rude or in your face about any of his postings. You guys have certainly been far saltier.

I think this just stems from you guys needing justification that only a "veteran" can pull off amazing feat, cause it validates you guys somehow. And if you have to think that, that's good for you. But honestly, you are still sitting around without the current world record. You want to prove him wrong, do something about it. Go make your alt and prove how fast a season MWO player can do it with full game knowledge and planned strat path. Beat him by 100 games. But until that happens, salt salt salt salt salt salt.

Also, some guy mention something about seal clubbing... you watched the match score right? It was 8-8 toward the end game. I doubt the new players are really having a "bad experience" from a closely contested game. We are not talking about 23 Protons against 1 newb. We are talking about a damn close game. What, are you all so arrogant that all of you guys are on par with Proton now?

100% new, 90% new, 80% new... 50% new, again... none of that matters. The important thing at stake here is an official speed run world record. So I say, take my challenge, put up or shut up.

#153 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:29 AM

View PostZergling, on 06 June 2017 - 01:34 AM, said:

Anyone want to place bets on how long it will take the OP's name to turn pink?

Why? Is it a CoC violation to circumvent a ban by creating a new account? I really don't know, didn't read the CoC.

His main account is permabanned afaik, but i don't remember the reason. Other than circumventing the fact that is "main" account is permabanned, he didn't do anything wrong?

#154 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:55 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 06 June 2017 - 02:29 AM, said:

Why? Is it a CoC violation to circumvent a ban by creating a new account? I really don't know, didn't read the CoC.

His main account is permabanned afaik, but i don't remember the reason. Other than circumventing the fact that is "main" account is permabanned, he didn't do anything wrong?

Falls under this in the CoC:

CIRCUMVENTING OR DISRUPTING MODERATION

Unless expressly permitted in the specific moderation action notification, players who have been suspended, banned, or otherwise moderated (when applicable) are not permitted to:
  • Create, use, or post under another account.

So yeah, players that have been banned are not allowed to create another account to play or post while their other account is banned.
If one of their accounts are permabanned, then they aren't allowed to use any account.

#155 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:51 AM

View PostZergling, on 06 June 2017 - 03:55 AM, said:

Falls under this in the CoC:

So yeah, players that have been banned are not allowed to create another account to play or post while their other account is banned.
If one of their accounts are permabanned, then they aren't allowed to use any account.

Well, if that is so, it's up to PGI to decide whatever they want to do.

Edited by meteorol, 06 June 2017 - 04:51 AM.

#156 Pur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:18 AM

@ radiv - I don't understand the logic that you're using. I have these same players on my team, am I not supporting them in matches?

#157 Admiral-Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 578 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:27 AM

Posted Image

#158 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:38 AM

View PostrazenWing, on 06 June 2017 - 01:39 AM, said:

You guys are really not seeing things objectively. Your first impression is, "he's trolling, he's lying, new players can't pull off something like this" and that stuck. Honestly, he wasn't even rude or in your face about any of his postings. You guys have certainly been far saltier.

I think this just stems from you guys needing justification that only a "veteran" can pull off amazing feat, cause it validates you guys somehow. And if you have to think that, that's good for you. But honestly, you are still sitting around without the current world record. You want to prove him wrong, do something about it. Go make your alt and prove how fast a season MWO player can do it with full game knowledge and planned strat path. Beat him by 100 games. But until that happens, salt salt salt salt salt salt.

We are seeing things objectively. It's very likely that it's an alt of a certain well known, but permabanned MWO veteran. There is really no big fuzz about it, other than it's a CoC violation as stated above and maybe PGI will ban this account aswell. Maybe they won't. I don't care.

Why would i like to prove him wrong? He played well, got to T1 quickly, which is to be expected from someone who played on a high level since closed beta. He showed us how fast a seasoned MWO player can make it to T1. If others feel tempted to do it aswell, go ahead. Personally, i won't spent 60 hours on MWO in 10 days... ever. The game is simply not good enough to spent that much time on it. Not that i had the time if i really wanted.

#159 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:47 AM

View Postradiv, on 06 June 2017 - 01:11 AM, said:

Wonderful.
I like that. Really, really good, if not the best idea.

#160 Burke IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:52 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...el-like-a-jerk/

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users