83 replies to this topic

#61 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:17 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 June 2017 - 01:02 AM, said:

What happened to Kodiaks happened to 100 tonners in general.

I know, I'm just saying that engine desync has given PGI tools to nerf any mech into obsolescence. And I'm really sceptical about their ability to fine-tune the Marauder IIC rather than hit it with a full swing of the nerf hammer. But we'll see shortly :)

#62 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:23 AM

View PostJohn1352, on 05 June 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

If I, with my total K/D less than one, average aim and Leeroy Jenkins issues, am averaging over 1000 damage in some of them (admittedly smallish sample size), I'd say a moderate nerf is justified. As a clan 85 tonner with amazing damage spreading ability and adequate hardpoints, it works fine with 0 SP spent.

There are so many variables that affect these outcomes though, and the mech chassis isn't even the top contributor.

The main variable affecting your score is the teammate balance and lack of genuinely skilled matchmaking.

People score 800+ dmg in mediums regularly against the wrong teams, and against the right teams will struggle to make 200 dmg in that same medium. Never mind tier 1 heavies and assaults.

Nothing affects this game more than the QP lottery.

Edited by Reza Malin, 06 June 2017 - 01:23 AM.

#63 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:42 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 05 June 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

MAD-IIC is still incredibly potent. It can be made to specialize in either offense or defense, cause survivability tree is boosted by its excellent frontal profile. Mobility tree is a must IMO, as that is the one place it has been severely nerfed.
agreed, I have a scorch with max XL and it's slow as he'll now. I've been running my KD3 a lot lately. 4 gauss is lovely.

#64 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,531 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:14 AM

View PostAde the Rare, on 05 June 2017 - 10:56 PM, said:

I find the IS MPL to be pretty much useless. Why take it over a ML, at double the tonnage, reduced range, longer burn time, and only 1 extra dmg?

The iMPL is unfortunately less efficient than the cSPL/cERSL comparison. It needs a bit more damage to make itself worth it. Then again, the fact you get less sustained actually makes it more of a choice than with the cSPL/cERSL.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 06 June 2017 - 08:14 AM.

#65 Rusharn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:27 AM

The only reason the MAD-IIC seems OP is because all the other Clan Assaults have such glaring weaknesses. People rattle on about the OP KDK-3 but it's weak. It has an inability to torso twist because of it's poor torso yaw, so you can't spread damage. Two good marksmen with decent firepower can take out a KDK-3 in one alpha strike. The handling on it is so poor that if you're a light and get up behind it, unless it has something to back up against or support form other mech's the light just scored a free kill. Dire wolf is cripplingly slow, Warhawk suffers from poor hit boxes and low mounts, Executioner and Gargoyle has poor hardpoint layouts, making it easy to reduce their firepower. The only reason the MAD-IIC seems to outshine the other mechs is because it is doesn't have a crippling flaw, only minor ones.

The Marauder's current weaknesses are; an asymmetrical load out, the Marauder has more hard points to the left side than the right side so always aim for the left side of a Maurader (Scorch is the exception). The Marduers good hit boxes are limited to frontal attacks, when being attacked from the side or rear, the marauder is the size of a whale with the easiest to target hit boxes to allow for pin point targeting. A good marksman can pick out any component they want to destroy from the side of a marauder and it has Zero ability to arm shield. The Maruader-IIC has the easiest to snipe cockpit. The marauders arms are very low slung and again huge, easy to pick off if you want. It has poor handling for a mech of it's size, tied for worst handling with the Stalker making it very vulnerable to lights in close quarters. Once you understand the weaknesses of the Marauder, just like the Kodiak, they really are not that big of deal.

The mobility nerf on the MAD-IIC is going to leave it with poorer handling than a Stalker. The Battlemaster will be close to twice as maneuverability as a MAD-IIC at the same tonnage. The Handling will be so poor that once the battlemaster gets behind a MAD-IIC they will not be able to shake it off. Right now it's nearly impossible to shake off a good light pilot in a MAD-IIC. With the schedule nerfs, once a light gets behind a MAD-IIC there will be not way to shake it off with out help from a team member or something to back up against. Good luck doing that in polar highlands.

This nerf is just too extreme and further cripples the under played MAD-IIC chassis. I mean when was the last time you saw a MAD-IIC-B? Combine this with the global nerf of clan energy weapons this it a very heavy handed and extreme reduction in performance. I would hope OGI reconsiders the Mobility nerf, at least until the effect of the energy rebalancing can be determined.

#66 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:21 PM

The agility nerf is barely noticable TBH. i have lots put into my agility tree anyway. And with the spl nerf Im putting ersmlas in its arms and its fine.

#67 Rhaegor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 301 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL, USA

Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:48 PM

I don'r put anything into the agility tree and its barely noticeable.

#68 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:57 PM

Still super strong, barely noticable nerf.

#69 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:58 PM

View PostLemming of the BDA, on 20 June 2017 - 10:21 PM, said:

The agility nerf is barely noticable TBH. i have lots put into my agility tree anyway. And with the spl nerf Im putting ersmlas in its arms and its fine.

View PostRhaegor, on 24 June 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

I don'r put anything into the agility tree and its barely noticeable.

View PostSjorpha, on 24 June 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

Still super strong, barely noticable nerf.

I have to disagree. It is very noticeable to me. It now takes a full 6 seconds to go from full forward to full reverse speed and that is eternity when you are trying to peek in and out of cover to engage the enemy. Also the torso twist feels noticeable laggy as well. I will admit however that I am super sensitive to the agility of a mech and tend to prioritize movement first and foremost when I am evaluating a mech.

#70 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:40 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 24 June 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

I have to disagree. It is very noticeable to me. It now takes a full 6 seconds to go from full forward to full reverse speed and that is eternity when you are trying to peek in and out of cover to engage the enemy. Also the torso twist feels noticeable laggy as well. I will admit however that I am super sensitive to the agility of a mech and tend to prioritize movement first and foremost when I am evaluating a mech.

Sit closer to the cover's edge. All 'Mechs, including 100 tons, have sharp initial acceleration that falls off. That was added in the Skill Tree patch. Use it.

#71 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:48 PM

I have fully skilled the agility tree and it drives like a stone. By far not what it used to be, a shadow of its former self like the TBR.

#72 I_AM_ZUUL

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 24 June 2017 - 05:23 PM

the answer was clearly YES IT IS!!!!!!!!!! Just like so many of rightly said since we could do elementary level equations and get the right results... it was so OP that PGI had to nerf its agility into the ground because it was broken.

#73 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:48 PM

View PostI_AM_ZUUL, on 24 June 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

the answer was clearly YES IT IS!!!!!!!!!! Just like so many of rightly said since we could do elementary level equations and get the right results... it was so OP that PGI had to nerf its agility into the ground because it was broken.

Either that or PGI had to nerf it into the ground to silence the incessant whining of IS pilots who just need to learn how to play. Seriously, my Bounty Hunter Marauder variant has almost the exact same stats of my Marauder IIC and that was before the engine desync initially nerfed the Marauder IICs mobility, let alone now. What makes me such a special little snowflake that I find myself easily competing with the Marauder IIC in multiple IS mechs, but no one else can? Wah, Wah, Marauder IIC is OP....No, not hardly.

#74 I_AM_ZUUL

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:13 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 24 June 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

Either that or PGI had to nerf it into the ground to silence the incessant whining of IS pilots who just need to learn how to play. Seriously, my Bounty Hunter Marauder variant has almost the exact same stats of my Marauder IIC and that was before the engine desync initially nerfed the Marauder IICs mobility, let alone now. What makes me such a special little snowflake that I find myself easily competing with the Marauder IIC in multiple IS mechs, but no one else can? Wah, Wah, Marauder IIC is OP....No, not hardly.

terrible analogy of your inability to play the best mech in the game at the time to its full effect as being the baseline PGI should be using for "Balance"... your W/L .93 & KDR 1.5 for Assaults does lead anyone to believe you are some Assault Mech tactician.

#75 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:59 PM

The MAD-IIC is in a really sad state after the last patch. The other day I was playing my dual UAC10 Hunchie IIC in Grim Plexus, and I spent a good chunk of the match trading with a Marauder IIC over a hilltop. The poor guy couldn't even turn fast enough to return fire, most of the times I could pop out of cover, put an alpha into him, and duck back behind cover before he could bring his guns to bear on me. And when he finally decided to back off, I was able to put two more alphas into him before he disappeared behind the hill - that's how slowly he moved. Ended up getting a KMDD on him, although someone else delivered the killing blow. That's a 50-tonner (and one that is not blessed with particularly good mobility) vs. an 85-tonner. I dunno, maybe in potato tiers where people tend to just stand there and stare at each other all match long the MAD-IIC is still scary, because it can still carry a lot of guns. But in higher tiers where you can't afford to stand out in the open for more than 2-3 seconds this mech is a death sentence now. It's a big and slow target, just like the Kodiak. Now whenever I see a Marauder IIC on the enemy team, I know that all I have to do is to avoid staring directly at it, and it'll be an easy kill.

#76 FireStoat

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:14 AM

I still play and enjoy my MAD IIC's but they no longer rule the battlefield for the 85 ton Assault mech class. There are simply better options now depending on what you want to do. For very specific builds and playstyles it still does well but it is no longer the default go-to. That's a good thing, I guess, excepting a couple of issues.

Nerfs were assigned as a blanket to the variants of the chassis (excluding the model 8) regardless of their actual performance statistics. I have an incredibly hard time believing the B & D in particular did as well from data collection as the stock IIC, A, and Scorch. Yet, same nerfs applied.

Next up yet again is the Madcat Mk II slated to drop very soon. PGI says on one hand "the MAD IIC performs too well and now it is at the place we believe it should be" when only weeks later a 90 ton clan battlemech with superior mounts will be doing EXACTLY what the Scorch was doing, only it won't have a hero mech investment while possessing a superior initial agility profile at launch.

People can individually make decisions on what may or may not be OP and what nerfs may or may not be apporpriate, and that's fine. People relying on PGI's decision making as a solid benchmark on the other hand are kidding themselves.

#77 Prof RJ Gumby

• The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:18 AM

It is (was?) overperforming. Toughest mech in the game (hitboxes) with a great alpha potential and decent hardpoint locations. It works like 100-tonners SHOULD work like, so it deserves to have agility of a 100-tonner (a good 100-tonner like the KDK3).

Very low agility is its only downside. It's quite hard to peek with it and it's very hard to react to sudden changes of the situation. All the other aspects of this mech are superb.

#78 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:22 AM

View PostFireStoat, on 25 June 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

For very specific builds and playstyles it still does well but it is no longer the default go-to. That's a good thing, I guess

One could argue that it is a good thing IF the other side didn't have a mech that does exactly what Marauder IIC used to do: 85 tons, good mobility, excellent high-mounted hardpoints, ability to support a variety of effective meta loadouts. You know what mech I'm talking about, don't you?

#79 I_AM_ZUUL

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:07 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 25 June 2017 - 12:22 AM, said:

One could argue that it is a good thing IF the other side didn't have a mech that does exactly what Marauder IIC used to do: 85 tons, good mobility, excellent high-mounted hardpoints, ability to support a variety of effective meta loadouts. You know what mech I'm talking about, don't you?

Not Dead>Dead

so the other side does not have ANYTHING even approaching what the MAD-IIC can do... only an uber Clam Apologist would even consider making such an asinine claim.

#80 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:23 AM

I honestly couldn't gauge it if it were too good. However it does seem to be exceptionally well for an assault.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users