#81 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:43 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 25 June 2017 - 12:22 AM, said:

One could argue that it is a good thing IF the other side didn't have a mech that does exactly what Marauder IIC used to do: 85 tons, good mobility, excellent high-mounted hardpoints, ability to support a variety of effective meta loadouts. You know what mech I'm talking about, don't you?

Mad iic is a stronger mech than the blr 2c now that it no longer has strong structure quirks, the mad is also not a one trick pony like the blr 2c. Both are still strong mechs so there is really not much to complain about in either case.

#82 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:43 AM

View PostSjorpha, on 25 June 2017 - 02:43 AM, said:

the mad is also not a one trick pony like the blr 2c

The funny thing is - now Marauder IIC is a one-trick pony Posted Image Because the only variant that survived the latest round of nerfs is MAD-IIC-8, and it can only run one build (relatively) well - 2xLPL+5xERML+TC1. The Battlemaster still has vastly superior mobility and better mounts compared to MAD-IIC-8. The Marauder IIC does have higher alpha and longer range, while the Battlemaster has shorter burn duration... But in all honesty, if somebody gave me an 85-ton Clan assault that could run the same loadout as MAD-IIC-8, but with one less EMRL (i.e. to bring its alpha down to the same level as that of the Battlemaster), and would have the same high-mounted energy hardpoints and the same mobility profile as the Battlemaster, I would happily accept it Posted Image Actually, if you think about it, no Clan mechs heavier than 65 tons can boast a good array of high-mounted energy hardpoints. The Timber Wolf, the Supernova and the Executioner can run decent laser vomit builds, but the hardpoints are spread all over the mechs, and some of them are quite low. The Warhawk suffers from a horrible knuckle-dragging syndrome, and so does the Gargoyle. You have to go all the way down to the Hellbringer to find a laser vomit mech that can peek and poke well. At the same time, the IS have the Battlemaster and the Banshee.

Edited by DGTLDaemon, 25 June 2017 - 03:51 AM.

#83 I_AM_ZUUL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:32 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 25 June 2017 - 03:43 AM, said:

The funny thing is - now Marauder IIC is a one-trick pony Posted Image Because the only variant that survived the latest round of nerfs is MAD-IIC-8, and it can only run one build (relatively) well - 2xLPL+5xERML+TC1. The Battlemaster still has vastly superior mobility and better mounts compared to MAD-IIC-8. The Marauder IIC does have higher alpha and longer range, while the Battlemaster has shorter burn duration... But in all honesty, if somebody gave me an 85-ton Clan assault that could run the same loadout as MAD-IIC-8, but with one less EMRL (i.e. to bring its alpha down to the same level as that of the Battlemaster), and would have the same high-mounted energy hardpoints and the same mobility profile as the Battlemaster, I would happily accept it Posted Image Actually, if you think about it, no Clan mechs heavier than 65 tons can boast a good array of high-mounted energy hardpoints. The Timber Wolf, the Supernova and the Executioner can run decent laser vomit builds, but the hardpoints are spread all over the mechs, and some of them are quite low. The Warhawk suffers from a horrible knuckle-dragging syndrome, and so does the Gargoyle. You have to go all the way down to the Hellbringer to find a laser vomit mech that can peek and poke well. At the same time, the IS have the Battlemaster and the Banshee.

If I could have XL engines that do not die on EVERY MECH from ST Loss... Deal!!!!

Until then quite whining, you sound as pathetic as Gyrok

#84 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:44 PM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 25 June 2017 - 03:43 AM, said:

The funny thing is - now Marauder IIC is a one-trick pony Posted Image Because the only variant that survived the latest round of nerfs is MAD-IIC-8, and it can only run one build (relatively) well - 2xLPL+5xERML+TC1.

You seem to be forgetting the 2 LB20 + ****ton of SRM bull****. Literally can kill assault mechs in a single hit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users