439 replies to this topic

#41 LORD ORION

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:37 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 16 June 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

Why not? At least we get something like 26% damage advantage compared to the C-ERSL. And all it costs us are range, heat efficiency and 100% more weight. How is that not making sense?

Because at that range IS has a large DPS / Armor / Structure / heat advantage (on the good mechs you should be using), which WAS countered by clan front loaded damage.

I predict the ultimate solution is
3x IS Large Pulse at 400ish range with standard engine (soon to be LFE) full heat management and full survival tree.
At least until new weapons are implemented.

#42 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:41 PM

Do I have to put a "sarcasm" sign in there? I thought it was obvious. C-SPLs are not worth their weight. 0,5 to 1 damage more would feel right to me.

But the C-MPLs look not too bad. 0,5 damage lost, but also 1 heat. That could actually work.

What I do not get is how they can keep the acceleration of the 100t Mechs unchanged. At least some Kodiaks could use a boost. MASC will still be non-functional.

Edited by Duvanor, 16 June 2017 - 09:48 PM.

#43 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:51 PM

A King Crab-000 is the most Ballistic focused KGC. (6 ballistic hardpoints)

So what PGI does?
Posted Image

This.. THIS RIGHT THERE disqualifies the person deciding on balance.
This is just the start

Edited by Navid A1, 17 June 2017 - 11:36 AM.

#44 Naitrael

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:09 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 16 June 2017 - 09:51 PM, said:

A king crab -000 is known for its iconic dual AC20 setup.

So what PGI does?
Posted Image

This.. THIS RIGHT THERE disqualifies the person deciding on balance.
This is just the start

First of all, who cares about iconic mechs? This is not Battletech.
Secondly..it still carries 2xAC20, also
"but has received new LRM Spread and AC/20 Cooldown Quirks and an increase to its existing Ballistic Cooldown Quirk."

There are multiple Variants for the Chassis, why would they all have similar quirks?

Edited by Naitrael, 16 June 2017 - 10:09 PM.

#45 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:15 PM

View PostNaitrael, on 16 June 2017 - 10:09 PM, said:

First of all, who cares about iconic mechs? This is not Battletech.
Secondly..it still carries 2xAC20, also
"but has received new LRM Spread and AC/20 Cooldown Quirks and an increase to its existing Ballistic Cooldown Quirk."

There are multiple Variants for the Chassis, why would they all have similar quirks?

The kingcrab-000 is the most ballistic focused variant out of the three KGCs... so lets give it freaking LRM spread reduction.
omfg!

#46 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:41 PM

Another huge update, awesome.

#47 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:49 PM

nerf to to is Large Pulse... Sigh. Wish you buffed things instead of nerfing decent weapons.

#48 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:55 PM

A meta falls, another rises. Look forward to seeing how this shakes out.

#49 vibrant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 209 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:57 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 16 June 2017 - 10:55 PM, said:

A meta falls, another rises. Look forward to seeing how this shakes out.

Long matches of long-range laser poking. Again. ><

#50 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:01 PM

View Postvibrant, on 16 June 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

Long matches of long-range laser poking. Again. ><

That does seem like the prediction. ER LLs all the way. Hopefully they keep tweaking and don't just settle on this.

#51 FireStoat

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:22 PM

I do not agree that the Marauder IIC is now being set as an 85 ton mech with the agility profile of a 100 ton assault, with a marked performance drop below a Stalker.

Edited by FireStoat, 16 June 2017 - 11:25 PM.

#52 Meldric Ward

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 159 posts
  • LocationTranquil

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:26 PM

PGI, this is just WRONG all the way!
Stop splitting the queues, stop ignoring what the game should be about, fix FW (give it a minimum sense after all), leave balancing to someone who has an idea at least and stop focussing on **** "comp" stuff. This is not **** Counterstrike!

Posted Image

#53 MacMasters

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:33 PM

Thx a lot lot for killing my Enforcer R! Posted Image The Laser quirks were the the only thing making this mech viable.

" ENF-4R/ENF-4R [C] have lost their Laser Duration Quirk and have received reductions to their Large Laser Range and Energy Range Quirks, but have received increases to their Base Mobility stats in return"

Can I get the 4+Mio C-Bills and tons of XP back I invested in it? Posted Image

Edited by MacMasters, 16 June 2017 - 11:36 PM.

#54 Beaching Betty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 710 posts
  • Location-

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:44 PM

Wow, that K9... Now I feel like I want to buy it just for the siren and light Posted Image

#55 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:52 PM

So the Clan SPL now does less damage than the ERSL? That's just weird.

#56 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:02 AM

guys guys.... lets all put LRMs on our King Crab-000 that has 6 ballistic hardpoints...
It has LRM cooldown and spread reduction quirks now.... right?

yeah... no!

#57 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:08 AM

"To join or form a Competitive Team you must have earned the Cadet Bonus 25 Achievement (complete 25 public matches)."

Why even bother putting such a mediocre limitation in ?

"Assign Primary or Alternate roles
• All Teams must have at least 7 Primary Role members, and 4 Alternate Role members. The Captain is always considered a Primary."

You HAVE to HAVE 3 subs in your team list b4 you can be an active team and queue???? LoL!!

"Standard 'Mechs that have not yet been released for direct purchase with C-Bills in-game are not eligible for use in Competitive Play."

So only mechs available for cbills at the start of the season can be used or mechs released for cbills during a season will also be immediately available to use at that time during the season that they become available?

Nothing on whether you do or do not earn cbills in competitive........ so its just going to be a 200,000 cbills PER GAME per player cbills sink ? Or will consumables have no cost in Competitive ?

Why is it conquest only and not a each team bans one of 3 or one of 5 modes system ?

"The participation of the MechWarrior Online competitive community in the Competitive Play feature from now until August 25th 2017 at 6:59 AM UTC"

I am sure you are going to regret that when you have to patch something and reset the ladder, good luck with getting something correct the 1st time.

Tug Of War Random Mode Selection

Please tell me siege is weighted more heavily than the other modes, was assault removed or kept ? (i was hoping you would remove skirmish, the only mode you cant end without finding the 48th mech that's hiding shut down in a corner) Your wording on "people getting stuck on siege and having to play siege" makes me very sad, a lot of us prefer siege because FP/CW is the only place you can play those maps/mode, all the rest you can also play in QP.

3 Black knights was my 1st Inner Sphere deck.
Then they reduced its shoulder armor quirks making it easier to blow out its shoulder.
Then about a month later they increased their 75 ton size to taller than a 100 ton atlas. Making its xl ST's even bigger and easier to hit.

I stopped playing them.

Then the skill tree goes live and they leave a variant with +15% range, that cant be a mistake since its the only mech that didnt get its laser range reduced...
So i buy one for Alpine/ Polar...... 20 days later its getting nerfed lol, and its not being reduced to 10% or 5%.... nope, the whole 15% being removed ...... that was a waste of 10k cbills, permanent cobweb mech after 20 days lol. I would ask for refund except I just bought too many mech bays in the most recent mech bay sale and sitting on a pile of module refund cbills. If i was a new/casual player who had bought one, I would probably quit the game over it.

Then they announce some mechs are getting buffed and nerfed. Im sure blk will get a buff making them viable again... nope lol....
The only reason blk might of somehow looked good is potatos not knowing to shoot them in the shoulder. All your doing is digging up and burying an already dead and buried mech again....

Grasshopper 5P..... no mention on the 6 mechs recieving changes so i buy 2 more... youve killed them...

BLR-2C shoulder nerfs..on a lpl (400m range) xl assault mech. gg dead cant use that when people can aim shoulders.

You have killed 5 of my 8 most used FP/CW mechs...... the only ones you truly didn't hit are the tonnage fillers.

Thanks pgi, your Claymore wielding surgery continues when you need a scaple. Removed most of the few mechs that IS had that could stand up against clan.

Clan is definately going to MELT IS in FP/CW for the next month after this patch hits until civil war weapons patch, and unless new IS weapons OP they will continue to do so.

Glad i didn't skill tree most of my mechs, newer players really taking a beating to their cbills poor things with this current need to find new decent mechs/weapons/Respec Costs. Pretty sure I would have quit the game by now if i wasnt one of the few players sitting on a pile of cbills.

Nerfed an underperforming mech that boats ballistics ballistic skills? Lol... (kingcrab)

Killed cspl gargoyle/stormcrow/nova/cheetah etc, not sure about other lasers, but futher enforcing a "clanners your not allowed to brawl" philosophy with changes like this CSPL change seems like a terrible idea to me.

Edited by Cadoazreal, 17 June 2017 - 01:02 AM.

#58 Saint Atlas and the Commando Elf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 595 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:17 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 17 June 2017 - 12:02 AM, said:

guys guys.... lets all put LRMs on our King Crab-000 that has 6 ballistic hardpoints...
It has LRM cooldown and spread reduction quirks now.... right?

yeah... no!

Stop your whining please, you are embarrasing yourself.

On second thought: Just go on with it, something on my daily internet diet would clearly be missing if these salt mines ran dry.

Edit:
The problem with the King Crabs is this:

Torso Turn Speed Yaw

They buffed it, but it's not nearly enough. 63 still turns like a brick. 80-90 would be more like it.

Edited by Saint Atlas and the Commando Elf, 17 June 2017 - 12:31 AM.

#59 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:49 AM

View PostMeldric Ward, on 16 June 2017 - 11:26 PM, said:

PGI, this is just WRONG all the way!
Stop splitting the queues, stop ignoring what the game should be about, fix FW (give it a minimum sense after all), leave balancing to someone who has an idea at least and stop focussing on **** "comp" stuff. This is not **** Counterstrike!

Posted Image

Majority of the Units/groups that will be playing the comp mode don't even play Faction Play so it has little effect on it. Further more there is obviously a high demand for comp stuff given how many player/community driven tournaments there are.

I don't disagree that they should fix Faction Play but just because you don't want to play comp stuff doesn't mean other people don't. Right now there is likely more units playing in those tournaments than there are playing Faction Play (complete guess).

#60 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:50 AM

View PostSaint Atlas and the Commando Elf, on 17 June 2017 - 12:17 AM, said:

Stop your whining please, you are embarrasing yourself.

On second thought: Just go on with it, something on my daily internet diet would clearly be missing if these salt mines ran dry.

Edit:
The problem with the King Crabs is this:

Torso Turn Speed Yaw

They buffed it, but it's not nearly enough. 63 still turns like a brick. 80-90 would be more like it.

Sorry if you don't get it.

The problem is the mindset behind some changes.
I could always go build another mech with the proper quirks.

Also, agreed on torso yaw speed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users