82 replies to this topic

#21 Monoform

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:31 AM

This is completely inexcusable, especially as it's being pushed as a front page banner sale. There should be absolutely no doubt, if you're handing over money, what you're receiving. Did you get a response from PGI yet Riggs?

#22 Anaric

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:34 AM

If I don't play this through steam can I still use the steam packs? On other games they normally give a redeem code so you can.

#23 No One Lives Forever

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:02 AM

View PostAnaric, on 23 June 2017 - 03:34 AM, said:

If I don't play this through steam can I still use the steam packs? On other games they normally give a redeem code so you can.

No. Last time i bought a steampack i had to install MWO through steam to claim it. Thats a hassle and it puts people off.

#24 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:03 AM

I am tempted to buy the GHR and EBJ pack because of the additional Premium Time (and MC)*.

However, not until the lack of clarity on the MC has been resolved.

* PGI please note. Until you put PT back in your packs, I'm not buying any more of them.

#25 Thuriel

• PipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 26 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAokigahara

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:06 AM

Just to report

I bought a light pack and got 1500mc, 30 days p-time and some c-bills.

I recommend to wait until clarification from their part before purchasing anything.

#26 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:24 AM

View PostMonoform, on 23 June 2017 - 03:31 AM, said:

Did you get a response from PGI yet Riggs?

I have not, which is expected, as it's outside of their support business hours. Will update as it happens.

#27 Anaric

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:59 AM

I may have made a mistake on buying a steam pack. With another online game I play they have steam sales that just give you a redeem code and I assumed it was the same with MWO. I was wrong. I emailed accounting to see if there was anyway they could add the items to my normal account since they manage the items anyways.

#28 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:00 AM

View PostCycKath, on 22 June 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

Wanted the IS specials, but can't and won't spend money on Clans.Why oh why did they have to be split tech Posted Image

I am the opposite. I only want Clan Mechs in my MechLab. If i could sell the IS variant then I might still buy and sell that one for extra C-Bills but because they are locked and cannot be sold I will pass.

I do not understand why any Mech that I pay cash for cannot be sold for C-Bills.

#29 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:15 AM

View PostAnaric, on 23 June 2017 - 04:59 AM, said:

I may have made a mistake on buying a steam pack. With another online game I play they have steam sales that just give you a redeem code and I assumed it was the same with MWO. I was wrong. I emailed accounting to see if there was anyway they could add the items to my normal account since they manage the items anyways.

Just install the steam client and link it to your mwo client. The pack will appear on your normal client.

#30 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:17 AM

View PostAnaric, on 23 June 2017 - 04:59 AM, said:

I can only suggest installing it via Steam. To be fair, I have been a steam user since day one, so for me, this is abit odd to not use the most expansive content delivery network, but, you know. To each their own. Sorry for the unexpected surprise you got there.

#31 Giklab

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:59 AM

- install Steam, install MWO through Steam
- move your current installation over
- redeem
- uninstall steam or uninstall the standalone client

#32 Anaric

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:20 AM

Thanks for the advice everyone.

#33 Antiparticle

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 23 posts
  • LocationEuropeland

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:22 AM

Kind of sloppy.. But would have been too good to be true, especially for the Light packs, hehe.

#34 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:52 AM

View PostCycKath, on 22 June 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

Wanted the IS specials, but can't and won't spend money on Clans.Why oh why did they have to be split tech Posted Image

I would even buy a double-IS medium or heavy pack for the HBK+CRB or GHR+TDR, if selling a single mech isn't desired.

#35 SuperMouse

Rookie

• Big Daddy
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:07 AM

I dont want to troll but........i like Light Mech Performance Steam Pack with Revenue RVN-3L [$] and Arctic Cheater ACH-PRIME [$]Posted Image just kidding.

I've seen things like this before.They have resolved bigger and smaller issues in the past. I'm sure they will do the right thing regarding all the people that bought packs based on the mwo website info.Posted Image

#36 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:15 AM

View PostSuperMouse, on 23 June 2017 - 07:07 AM, said:

I dont want to troll but........i like Light Mech Performance Steam Pack with Revenue RVN-3L [$] and Arctic Cheater ACH-PRIME [$]Posted Image just kidding.

I've seen things like this before.They have resolved bigger and smaller issues in the past. I'm sure they will do the right thing regarding all the people that bought packs based on the mwo website info.Posted Image

Oh, I am not concerned. Right now, it is just a waiting game until PGI wakes up and rolls into office. I am sure we will have a resolution soon. It's 8:15am in Piggyland, and I am sure they'll clock in soon enough.

#37 cyb3rj4ck

• Pip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:21 AM

View PostTheStrider, on 22 June 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

I would expect the Steam page is the correct one with the scaling MC/cbill totals.

The light pack is a really good deal!

Serious question: how is the light pack a good deal? Most of what I've read about the Panther makes it seem like rubbish. Is it just the Mist Lynx that makes it good?

#38 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:26 AM

Hey folks
That was my mistake on posting the details.
The packages have variable amounts of Mc in each pack based on value. We will update the post shortly and customer support will assist those effected.

Matt

#39 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:32 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 23 June 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:

Hey folks
That was my mistake on posting the details.
The packages have variable amounts of Mc in each pack based on value. We will update the post shortly and customer support will assist those effected.

Matt

Thanks for the response. We all make mistakes, eh? So far, your support team has been stellar. I am sure this'll get sorted quickly.

#40 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:38 AM

Great !

Many peoply will spend a lot of money...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users