Lb20X Needs Shrink

22 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:19 PM

Currently, the LB10x is mostly used (by me), to save tonnage. Smaller crit, and less 1 ton, would mean it's much more tenable on builds trying to save weight. Smaller crit means you can mount two at most at a side-torso, as opposed of just a single AC10.

Right now, LB20x would be in a bad spot, as the C-LB20X is already in a bad spot, but IS-LB20X is worse due to being significantly larger.

Quite simply, you want it used? The scatter shot and crit does not make it a choice over the AC20. The LB10x has uses due to less tonnage and crit over AC10, so the logical choice would be the LB20x have less tonnage and crit to the AC20.

#2 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:38 PM

Personally I want to use it in brawling mechs where I might not have time to aim an ac20. Victors, highlanders, black jacks, hunchy and maybe a bushy. All I ask is that crit splitting be added to the game (ha. ha. ha.) or that the LBX20 be reduce in size to 10 slots.

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:05 PM

PGI will never make a weapon smaller than its original BT size, for better or for worse. All we can do is try to buff its other stats to the point that the sacrifice is worth it.

#4 Punk Oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:37 PM

Actually ALL the new IS LB weapons are the same weight and MORE slots than their standard fire counterparts. But the LB10X still retains its reduced weight/slot? (maybe this was an oversight?) Would be nice if they all lost a ton and a slot like the LB10X. Except maybe the LB2X that would stay the same as the AC2. Seems overly punishing for a weapon that has such a damage spread...

#5 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:41 PM

View PostPunk Oblivion, on 28 June 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

Actually ALL the new IS LB weapons are the same weight and MORE slots than their standard fire counterparts. But the LB10X still retains its reduced weight/slot?

They're pulling the numbers from Table Top. Its really not a surprise.

#6 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:47 PM

View PostPunk Oblivion, on 28 June 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

Actually ALL the new IS LB weapons are the same weight and MORE slots than their standard fire counterparts. But the LB10X still retains its reduced weight/slot? (maybe this was an oversight?) Would be nice if they all lost a ton and a slot like the LB10X. Except maybe the LB2X that would stay the same as the AC2. Seems overly punishing for a weapon that has such a damage spread...

View PostRouken, on 28 June 2017 - 05:41 PM, said:

They're pulling the numbers from Table Top. Its really not a surprise.

Tabletop was unfortunately quite inconsistent with how IS LBX's gained or lost relative to normal ACs.

My theory is that the TT designers saw how the LB 10-X made the vanilla AC/10 useless, and thus preemptively nerfed the size and tonnage of future IS LBX's in an attempt to avoid a repeat.

#7 Punk Oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:02 PM

View PostFupDup, on 28 June 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

Tabletop was unfortunately quite inconsistent with how IS LBX's gained or lost relative to normal ACs.

My theory is that the TT designers saw how the LB 10-X made the vanilla AC/10 useless, and thus preemptively nerfed the size and tonnage of future IS LBX's in an attempt to avoid a repeat.

Which is funny, because PGI is now making the LBX 2/5/20 all useless compared to standard AC's haha.

Looking over the stats for the new weapons again, they are all silly. If they would have just based new UAC's and new LBX's off the current (AND ACCEPTABLY BALANCED) current UAC5 and LB10X, it would have been a much better starting point for balancing...

#8 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:16 PM

View PostPunk Oblivion, on 28 June 2017 - 06:02 PM, said:

Which is funny, because PGI is now making the LBX 2/5/20 all useless compared to standard AC's haha.

To be fair, even without the weight issue this would still be the case.

#9 Punk Oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:33 PM

View PostRouken, on 28 June 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

To be fair, even without the weight issue this would still be the case.

Awww... I like LBX's haha.

#10 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:43 PM

have a Topic about this Please Vote (HERE)

#11 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:44 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 28 June 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

have a Topic about this Please Vote (HERE)

I want it at 9 slots and 13 tons.

#12 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:47 PM

Is it actually that way in the game or is it just the notes?
The IS LB2x has a 2.5 km max range.

#13 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:04 PM

In table top, the crits from ac-20 or HUGE weapon can be shared amougst multiple locations. There is a IS mech called blitzkrig or something that has an XL and a LBx or UAC 20 in the RT/RA. Can't translate that here. Could use floating weapon slots? Nah, make it 10 slots. Less programming, less hassle. Opens up the ability to introduce other mechs.

#14 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:30 PM

View PostFupDup, on 28 June 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

And it was a good trade in TT. Do i want specialty ammunition? or do I want a weapon that can punch holes and then crit everything in those holes at the cost of space?

Here on MWO i think extra cool down and ammo per ton would be enough but the LBX20 is just to damn big without crit splitting. Hmm, am I going to take a Ultra20 AND a light fusion engine or do I want to run a AC20 and a standard? Pretty obvious choice there. And brawling jump capable mechs like the victor and highlander, mechs that would really benefit from the niche LBX20, can't even mount it at the moment.

Edited by Kaptain, 28 June 2017 - 08:36 PM.

#15 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:37 PM

I have no idea what they're thinking about the lbx20.

They need to match the lbx10 slots and tonnage. It needs to be 1 less slot and 1 less ton. I will never use this weapon.

#16 Ialdabaoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 329 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:47 PM

Actually, the original IS LB-20X was publish in the Advanced Tactical Handbook, and had 10 crits and 14 tons. This was retconned later to be an "experimental" LB-20X, with the "production" version at 11 crits.

There's no reason PGI can't just use the stats for the experimental version.

#17 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:33 PM

View PostIaldabaoth, on 28 June 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

Actually, the original IS LB-20X was publish in the Advanced Tactical Handbook, and had 10 crits and 14 tons. This was retconned later to be an "experimental" LB-20X, with the "production" version at 11 crits.

There's no reason PGI can't just use the stats for the experimental version.

Great idea. Get out of jail free card. Please PGI.

#18 Stridercal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:42 PM

Tabletop rules have always been the guide, here. Splitting crits is the correct solution.

#19 Dioxide

Rookie

• The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:53 PM

9LB20x would be awesome but even 10 would make it work on so many mechs. Centurions, King Crabs, Hunchy+LFE, MAD + LFE. 10 slots would be a good middle ground. Also LB2's are 4 slots compared to single slot AC2 Thats just a bit ridiculous.

#20 Punk Oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:22 PM

View PostDioxide, on 29 June 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

9LB20x would be awesome but even 10 would make it work on so many mechs. Centurions, King Crabs, Hunchy+LFE, MAD + LFE. 10 slots would be a good middle ground. Also LB2's are 4 slots compared to single slot AC2 Thats just a bit ridiculous.

Yeah, the LB2X at 4 slots baffled me too...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users