1. Begin time
2. Smear dmg
3. Jamming
4. Hight heat

Not usable weapon

--------------
All heavy lasers have too much slots.

--------------
All weapons with blind distance, needs to remove 0 dmg. Weapons like atm, ppc and others

All Heavy Lasers have to much slots? Sooooo.....

What you want Heavy Small and Mediums to go from 1 slot to 0 slots, and Heavy Larges to go from 2 to 1 slot????

Like, wtf was you though process here???

#62 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:04 PM

View PostReno Blade, on 05 July 2017 - 09:38 PM, said:

Ghost Heat
- Limits set to 2 for LL/ERLL, LP, HLL
- Limits set to 4 for ML/ERML, MP, HML
- Limits set to 6 for SL/ERSL, SP, HSL
- Limits set to 2 for PPC/SNPPC/HPPC/ERPPC/cERPPC
- Limits set to 4 for LPPC
- Limits set to 2 for ATM9/12, MRM20/30/40, LRM15/20
- Limits set to 4 for ATM6, MRM10, LRM10
- Limits set to 1 for AC20, UAC20, Gauss, HGauss

- Link groups for all Lasers (or at least large+medium together)
- Link groups for PPC + Gauss
- Link groups of AC20/10 + PPC

LOL. Please just quit the game and wait for MW5.

#63 Sucy Manbavaran

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:20 PM

View PostBlueWizi, on 05 July 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

What you want Heavy Small and Mediums to go from 1 slot to 0 slots, and Heavy Larges to go from 2 to 1 slot????

HeavyMedium > 2 Slots
HeavyLarge > 3 Slots

Can you read stats properly before spitting on Clan ? Thx

#64 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:42 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 05 July 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

what? his ghost heat limits make quite a lot of sense and just because it breaks your precious meta builds its no reason to be that offensive to make him quit. basic respect and common human decency is not asked too much from a grown up, is it?

MRM change was needed, people, accept it allready. if they would not be stream weapons and follow the direction of the launcher, they would make SRM obsolete. also, rockets coming out the side of a mech is silly and had to be changed even if just for the astethics alone.

LBX should use less slots than a regular ac. this is the case with the lbx10 before, and the clans lbx collection as well. as they are now, they are not worth taking. but a slot less and a ton lighter than an ac makes them... well not exactly viable but at least you get a ballistic of the calliber you want for a slightly less cost, which works good with some builds.

example: a warhammer with 2 ppc and 2 lbx10 and an xl engine, reasonably fast/cool running and since the ppc hit before the lbx, it can be devastating to low amount of armor first, than instantly crit the internals. got the build from Molten Metal/Baradul on youtube and works like a dream, but does come with serious downsides if you try to use ac10 instead. i am sure that other builds could profit from the new lbx' as well.

#65 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,461 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:00 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 05 July 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

What do you mean?

most of these numbers are already in place...
Biggest change I added was on lasers. (down to 2 Large class lasers for IS. and down to 4 medium class lasers for all)
I even buffed LRM10s (which are currently maxed at 2 together with 15/20s)

so what exactly makes me so crazy that i should wait for MW5?

#66 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:03 PM

@Reno Blade maybe because it breaks most laser vomit builds and 5-6ll builds? i personally would like these ghost heat changes since it would force us to think around that restriction and come up with new ways to meat each others faces.

#67 Storyteller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 359 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:20 PM

I'am really looking forward to the update going live. First the great skilltree, now you bring IS and Clan tech closer to each other. This will help the game greatly!

#68 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:31 PM

View Postarmyunit, on 05 July 2017 - 01:54 PM, said:

Why would that be a nerf? They don't mean you need to get locks with them, but that if you turn your torso while firing the missiles, the next missiles in the stream will fly in the new direction rather than the direction that the launcher was firing at initially. The change should make tracking/leading targets much better, and should feel more intuitive to use.

i think thats their point, they were great at snap and cover/shield similar to SRM's. Now you need to actively face them throughout.

#69 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:45 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 05 July 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

• Artemis upgrade no longer improperly applies a bonus to MRM's, ATM's, and Rocket Launchers.

just one caveat here.... ATM's by the lore, already include the artemis system as part of their design. Will that be reflected in their final stats ?

View PostAngrySpartan, on 05 July 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

Learn the basic's before making offensive claims. HE ammo doesn't have minimum, and since ammo swap is simulated by damage fallof...

Fixing minumums for all PPCs and 10 slots for IS LBX are much needed changes indeed, I personally is still on the fence with shrinking Heavy Gauss though.

The HE ammo didn't have a minimum...but the "Standard Armor Piercing" ammo did.

#70 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:50 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 05 July 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

LB20X should probably be a 10crit weapon, even though Sarna says it's an 11 crit... And as someone above stated... the Bushwacker L1 somehow has a LFE, and a LB20x... despite Sarna saying it's an 11 crit weapon.... I'm really curious how that one is supposed to work in the TROs o.o

CBT rules allowed split crits of large weapons between two adjacent locations, with the firing arc being the more restrictive of the two. So if you split an LB-20X between the RA and RT, it had the firing arc of the RT.

#71 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 18 Qualifier
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:24 AM

View PostBlueWizi, on 05 July 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

Nothing will happen to me. I just will not use bad weapons. However, what will the pugs do? They will build ebon jaguar with a bad weapons. And they will lose to me. And those who understand the mechanics of weapons.

Must:
HLL - 2 slot
HML - 1 slot

Edited by Nimnul, 06 July 2017 - 12:28 AM.

#72 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:32 AM

I want different colors for the heavy laser beams.... pgi, please use purple...

#73 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:38 AM

I'm for it, too. So it will be easier for me to hunt for pug.

#74 DeeHawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:39 AM

------------Stealth Armor------------

From a first glance, being invisible to your own team seemed like a really bad idea, as you'd expect to get a lot of friendly fire.
It seems to have been a mistake, since the original description only stated you would be 'invisible' to the enemy.

However, with a lot of after thought, I actually think it would strengthen the niche use of Stealth Armor if the mech became 'invisible' to everybody.

It would apply an extra layer of information warfare, as you would have to know exactly what potential stealth mech you have on your team in order to distinguish between them in battle. In this scenario people would be hesitant to shoot at a stealthed Locust or Raven, if you already have one on your own team, giving the stealth armor a real function. You wouldn't be able to do this for very long before someone smells it. (E.g You get seen near the enemy counterpart of your mech, or you launch an UAV, or your target is getting hammered by missiles, etc.)

It could have been a really exciting tool, now it's just ECM without detection range. And you can't run into the enemy team, since they instinctively know you're not an ally.

I'm still not sure if this would prove too powerful in terms of scouting, but you'd give yourself away as soon as you attack anyone.

Edited by DeeHawk, 06 July 2017 - 12:40 AM.

#75 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:58 AM

View PostDeeHawk, on 06 July 2017 - 12:39 AM, said:

------------Stealth Armor------------

From a first glance, being invisible to your own team seemed like a really bad idea, as you'd expect to get a lot of friendly fire.
It seems to have been a mistake, since the original description only stated you would be 'invisible' to the enemy.

However, with a lot of after thought, I actually think it would strengthen the niche use of Stealth Armor if the mech became 'invisible' to everybody.

It would apply an extra layer of information warfare, as you would have to know exactly what potential stealth mech you have on your team in order to distinguish between them in battle. In this scenario people would be hesitant to shoot at a stealthed Locust or Raven, if you already have one on your own team, giving the stealth armor a real function. You wouldn't be able to do this for very long before someone smells it. (E.g You get seen near the enemy counterpart of your mech, or you launch an UAV, or your target is getting hammered by missiles, etc.)

It could have been a really exciting tool, now it's just ECM without detection range. And you can't run into the enemy team, since they instinctively know you're not an ally.

I'm still not sure if this would prove too powerful in terms of scouting, but you'd give yourself away as soon as you attack anyone.

while i generally agree with this, i fear that the easier solution would have been the same as in Team Fortress 2: just shoot anything looking suspicious.

#76 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:10 AM

Awww, so soon? I was enjoying bolting as many RACs and MRM launchers onto every mech that could take them, the laughs (testing grounds only, was never bothered going into a game) were worth it

#77 DeeHawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:41 AM

View PostGenesis23, on 06 July 2017 - 12:58 AM, said:

while i generally agree with this, i fear that the easier solution would have been the same as in Team Fortress 2: just shoot anything looking suspicious.

You do that in TF with Friendly Fire turned on?
If you take out your team mate (no respawns), you effectively reduce your team strength by the exact same amount you'd had decreased the enemy team strength had it been an enemy.

I see where you come from, but I'm not entirely sure that would actually happen. Maybe up the penalty for team damage/kills to demotivate trigger happy fingers.

EDIT
Actually, in TF2, people shooting at anything suspicious (especially with FF off), forces the spy player to NOT look suspicious while doing his business. This becomes a mantra for the playstyle, and is almost an artform. I think this would apply to MWO as well.

Edited by DeeHawk, 06 July 2017 - 02:26 AM.

#78 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 691 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:41 AM

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 05 July 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

That would still be a d!ck move.

My concern was them taking the Artemus effects away from ATM's stats to begin with. Simple as that.

I meant in the Lore and the lock-ons. You can still dumb fire them in the Lore.

as far as the game is concerned they don't actually have artemis; it only considers the base stats, which remain unchanged. what they've done is fixed it so that they don't benefit from adding the artemis upgrade since they're supposed to already have it.

#79 Nutta88

• PipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:19 AM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 05 July 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

HE ammo also only had a range on 270m, and this stuff goes out to 1100.

It's a hybrid of all three types. I expected we'd see a min range of some kind, given 2/3 of ATM ammo carries it.

The biggest ATM fails right now are it's ridiculously low velocity and too-high firing arc making them accidentally indirect-fire weapons. It's like they took the worst parts of LRMs and wedded them to another missile system, then expected the damage increase closer in to be compensation for all that.

I'd rather have atms just be 270m... 3 dam, then they have a place. If they like, have mid-range atm with 2 damage 500m range with a 120m min range as well... the long range is pointless with the ammo efficiency. Or if it is a hibrid just dump the long range to "buff" the utility of the meaningful damage ranges.

All weapons with min ranges should scale to 0 rather than have a cut off. So have all PPC and IS lrms scale to 0 from their min range as well.

Edited by Nutta88, 06 July 2017 - 02:19 AM.

#80 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:29 AM

YAAAY,
Now the taste tester is over we wait till the 18th, I wonder if it will be like most of the PTS stuff, what is tested is not what we receive.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users