153 replies to this topic

#1 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:48 AM

Played my first game today on grim portico did not even get very far towards the city and attacked by 2 lights with machine guns and flamers AND KILLED .

MWO game play and balance is at a all time low lights for so long have been totally OP in this game tanking even assaults and heavy's which is totally asinine.

Russ and PGI want money but I wont buy into this type of crappola gameplay anymore balance your game Russ or sell it off to someone that knows what the heck there doing with this IP.

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:50 AM

[Pic Redacted]
People whining about Light mechs being OP. It's just... Sad.

Edited by McValium, 10 September 2017 - 07:16 AM.
unconstructive, removed

#3 SargeantShepard

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:53 AM

So you got circle-strafed by a pair of lights and were torn apart, therefore MWO is garbage?

Also light mechs "Have been totally OP for a while"? Are we playing the same game?

Russ and PGI want money but I wont buy into this type of crappola gameplay anymore balance your game Russ or sell it off to someone that knows what the heck there doing with this IP.

This sounds an awful lot like "I got killed. Therefore this game is completely imbalanced and the developers are totally incompetent."

Edited by SargeantShepard, 10 September 2017 - 06:58 AM.

#4 Ruar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:54 AM

Finally

And as much as I dislike MGs it doesn't mean lights shouldn't have strengths. That said, they do have strengths so I wonder why you were alone in a 2v1?

There's a significant difference between something being OP when you use the appropriate counters and still gain no traction, and allowing someone to set you up to be weak against their strengths.

#5 MadRover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 568 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:55 AM

Oh my the salt is strong with this one. Anyone have a meme for this?

#6 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:57 AM

View PostMadRover, on 10 September 2017 - 06:55 AM, said:

[Redacted]

Edited by McValium, 10 September 2017 - 07:14 AM.
unconstructive, removed

#7 Trissila

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 439 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:07 AM

If lights are so OP, why are they the least-played weight class by an enormous margin?

#8 KingCobra

• The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:07 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 10 September 2017 - 06:50 AM, said:

[Pic Redacted]
People whining about Light mechs being OP. It's just... Sad.

Its not sad its just tired of the lame balance in this game MWO has become very unfun and you know full well lights have been OP for a long time by the way I was in a War hammer 2 ER PPC and 3 LRM 5 and it was a locust and a spider not 30 seconds from spawn was hit from behind and you cannot hit these little buggers there OP as heck and I have played in a lot of battles against lights.

PGI knows dang well some lights are just way OP and refuse to slow them down where they actually take damage.

Edited by McValium, 10 September 2017 - 07:16 AM.
quote cleanup

#9 MadRover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 568 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:13 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 10 September 2017 - 06:57 AM, said:

[Redacted]

I was expecting something with Midnight Sonata but this will do Posted Image

Edited by McValium, 10 September 2017 - 07:14 AM.
quote cleanup

#10 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:16 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 10 September 2017 - 07:07 AM, said:

Its not sad its just tired of the lame balance in this game MWO has become very unfun and you know full well lights have been OP for a long time by the way I was in a War hammer 2 ER PPC and 3 LRM 5 and it was a locust and a spider not 30 seconds from spawn was hit from behind and you cannot hit these little buggers there OP as heck and I have played in a lot of battles against lights.

PGI knows dang well some lights are just way OP and refuse to slow them down where they actually take damage.

So let me get this straight.

You bring a loadout of 2 ERPPCs and 3 LRM5. Knowing the meta of poke and hide, you put the ERPPCs in the high torso slots, and your LRMs do diddly squat to anything under 180m.

You get attacked by mechs that are optimised for attacking at knife-fighting distances and have the speed to back it up. Your torso slots, while good at poking, are absolutely terrible at defending against close range threats. You have NOTHING to defend against close-up enemies.

So let me ask you this. If a Locust gets caught in the open and gets LRMed to death, does the Locust pilot complain and rage about LRMs being OP? No. It's a positioning error that lets him be spotted and LRMed to death. If you get murdered by a dedicated knife-fighting mech with no offensive power at all further than 200m away, while you yourself carry no weapons to defend at less than 200m away, is that an operator error or the other mech being OP?

Bring a couple of Medium Lasers or Small Pulses in your arms, and then come back. Or if you're still having trouble, bring some Streak-6. Lights absolutely hate them. But whatever you do, you don't get any sympathy from any light pilots by whining about OP lights when you have NOTHING in your loadout that is actually geared to fight them off at their optimal range. I bet that if a Viper with a SPL/MG loadout does the exact same thing, you'll cry and whine about OP mediums next.

#11 MechWarrior5152251

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:23 AM

I think I have broken a 1000 damage once in a light. I have double digits over 1000 is all other mech classes. If you think lights are OP you are none too bright.

For those of you with no skills PGI has provided STREAKS.

#12 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:25 AM

I guess mods hate memes.

But seriously though, i'm no Light-mech pilot (more of a Medium guy myself) and i have huge respects for people that can actually use light mechs and do well in them (cause i sure as hell can't).

To be honest, OP kinda reminds me of an LRM Atlas that was whining in-game about light mechs being overpowered.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 10 September 2017 - 07:27 AM.

#13 KingCobra

• The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:27 AM

View PostFox With A Shotgun, on 10 September 2017 - 07:16 AM, said:

You bring a loadout of 2 ERPPCs and 3 LRM5. Knowing the meta of poke and hide, you put the ERPPCs in the high torso slots, and your LRMs do diddly squat to anything under 180m.

You get attacked by mechs that are optimised for attacking at knife-fighting distances and have the speed to back it up. Your torso slots, while good at poking, are absolutely terrible at defending against close range threats. You have NOTHING to defend against close-up enemies.

So let me ask you this. If a Locust gets caught in the open and gets LRMed to death, does the Locust pilot complain and rage about LRMs being OP? No. It's a positioning error that lets him be spotted and LRMed to death. If you get murdered by a dedicated knife-fighting mech with no offensive power at all further than 200m away, while you yourself carry no weapons to defend at less than 200m away, is that an operator error or the other mech being OP?

Bring a couple of Medium Lasers or Small Pulses in your arms, and then come back. Or if you're still having trouble, bring some Streak-6. Lights absolutely hate them. But whatever you do, you don't get any sympathy from any light pilots by whining about OP lights when you have NOTHING in your loadout that is actually geared to fight them off at their optimal range. I bet that if a Viper with a SPL/MG loadout does the exact same thing, you'll cry and whine about OP mediums next.

I don't think so and yes I have many mechs and load outs but the results are the same 90 % of the time when you fight lights because they don't take the proper damage and there behind you most of the time because you cannot maneuver fast enough to keep them in your firing arcs and the horrible animation damage in your view makes it even worse.

So don't tell me anything about fighting lights 1v1 or in this case 2 v1 and PGI needs to finally fix the OP lights in MWO period it makes MWO unbalanced and terrible gameplay.

And for those individuals attacking me over this topic good luck with that.

#14 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:30 AM

Weird that they singled you out. Perhaps they saw you separated from the murder ball hiding in back or that you had a weak non-meta build and correctly deduced you were an easy mark.

Those lights should be praised not condemned. They were playing in a manner helpful to their team. Were you?

Edited by Spheroid, 10 September 2017 - 07:31 AM.

#15 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts
  • LocationBetween Chair and Keyboard

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:31 AM

View PostMadRover, on 10 September 2017 - 06:55 AM, said:

And the risk of being redacted and banned, there's this :

Posted Image

Now, I'm not a good pilot, but I don't really have problems against Lights ...

Not shaving my back armour to 1 point because of FrontLoaded helps.

Being aware of my surroundings too.

Sticking my back against a wall when they try to circle me cuts down 80% of the threat.

Actually having short-range point-defense weapons is great.

Trying to predict their moves and turning in the other way to catch them on the rebounds works nicely.

And finally, target them legs. A legged Light is dead.

Edited by Lorcryst NySell, 10 September 2017 - 07:35 AM.

#16 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:32 AM

@OP

Based on everything you said -- you got what you deserved.

#17 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:33 AM

View PostFox With A Shotgun, on 10 September 2017 - 07:16 AM, said:

and this right here is a HUGE part of the games problems. Once your forcefully pushed into higher tiers there is no diversity to be had in mech selection or mech builds. You MUST play to the meta to have any real fun or usefulness. Taking anything less and you just get melted immediately or put your team at a massive disadvantage.

Edited by Bigbacon, 10 September 2017 - 07:33 AM.

#18 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:33 AM

Dont go alone.

The idea is that mechs should be of approximately equal value in their elements, not that lights should always be inferior to heavies.

You got jumped by 2 mechs. 2 lights, 2 mediums, 2 assaults, doesn't matter. Lights are more vulnerable to damage but much faster so you need to avoid being alone.

#19 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:34 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 10 September 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

Weird that they singled you out. Perhaps they saw you separated from the murder ball hiding in back or that you had a weak non-meta build and correctly deduced you were an easy mark.

Those lights should be praised not condemned. They were playing in a manner helpful to their team. Were you?

Yep, bull-eyes, in a mater of fact, light kill assault, assault kill heavy, heavy kill medium and medium kill light... stay with your team and look for each other ! On table top you can take down an Atlas easy with 3 locust... I talk about stock mech. It's the same in mwo.

#20 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:36 AM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users