176 replies to this topic

#101 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:17 AM

Good! If they do win it was hard fought for - we had some good fights on our part, and some stomps. We don't typically field a full team so we often get to play with some tatolurmers etc :).

#102 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:31 AM

View PostXavori, on 17 October 2017 - 05:35 AM, said:

And all it took to save Luthien was for the event

Well, that and skewing the win conditions heavily in favor of the IS. The fact that the Clans still only lost (not yet, anyway...) due to the time slot issues you mentioned says it all, really.

#103 Sir JoJo

• Pip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 13 posts
  • LocationRight behind you

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:42 AM

We are making a hard push atm for it, its getting close, we will see in 20 mins

#104 Xavori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 792 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:57 AM

View PostKoshirou, on 17 October 2017 - 06:31 AM, said:

Well, that and skewing the win conditions heavily in favor of the IS. The fact that the Clans still only lost (not yet, anyway...) due to the time slot issues you mentioned says it all, really.

I know it won't matter hearing this, but all my highest damage mechs in quickplay are IS. It's just so much easier to build a high damage mech when you aren't hamstrung with garbage being shoved in your mech.

The only real tradeoffs are in speed because you absolutely need to take smaller LE engines than the clan XL's, but if you organize, it doesn't matter how fast your murderball gets to the enemy, they're still outgunned when you arrive.

Keep in mind I'm talking quick/faction play not tourney play. Tourney play has other factors that make living with lower damage higher speed mechs a good idea. Doesn't stop the Grasshopper from being a fantastic choice at the heavy, but as more clan battlemechs have started to show up, it's become less the must-have pick.

Anyway, the easiest way to balance IS vs clan is just learn to call in faction. The more good commanders IS has, the more pug stomps you'll get.

#105 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:04 AM

A tie..?

#106 Yushi

• PipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:06 AM

no clans online in end of event, wtf pgi, end of event in oceanic primetime. most players cant play in this time. last 2 hours decide all 3 days of battle.

Edited by Yushi, 17 October 2017 - 07:12 AM.

#107 MechWarrior5152251

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:07 AM

How the Eff can it be a tie?

#108 Shivalah

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:12 AM

Even worse: What about our payout?

#109 MortallyTransparentCupcake

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:13 AM

everyone gets the loser payout

#110 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,467 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:14 AM

Would have sold the Mist Lynx anyway LUL.

#111 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:16 AM

View PostXavori, on 17 October 2017 - 06:57 AM, said:

I know it won't matter hearing this, but all my highest damage mechs in quickplay are IS.

Well, no one can hear it since you're just writing it. But in any event: Even if it were true - which it very likely isn't - it would indeed be entirely irrelevant. And the mental gymnastics you go through in order to justify how this alleged superiority of IS Mechs is not reflected in the places one can unambiguously check (i.e. tournament play) suggest to me that you even know this.

#112 Q

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:34 AM

So this event was legitly designed to make the first 70 hours of it be irrelevant?

#113 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:37 AM

"Designed" is not a term I'd use in this context.

#114 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:37 AM

Hey Weyland, I told you Posted Image

View PostVXJaeger, on 14 October 2017 - 12:57 PM, said:

I wouldn't say doomed just yet.
IS players are getting better all of time, as they play FP and shake bad QP-habits from their back. Also seems that adaptation of mech builds for FP has started, so everything is open right now. This is LONG event, so things might get interesting in couple days.

#115 Shivalah

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:49 AM

I got neither the Cbills nor the Mauler... thx for nothing?

#116 Terrorsdawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 197 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:51 AM

Maybe now PGI will see that giving us their idea of what we want is not working. By being scared of losing current players and making bad game design decisions they are continuing to drive people away.

By not fixing balance (which means screw lore) you can not keep this mode viable. I.S. has to be able to hold it's own or the bleed over of players and units going from I.S. to Clan will continue.

By not putting limits on mercs stacking in factions you continue to crush loyalists and drive more of them to go merc. Creating further lop sided populations.

By not creating a true special event ( a 2nd bucket running along side the main bucket ) for fear of not including everyone, you once more create an event that is
A- not really special
B- not really fair
C- not really drawing people in.

Continuing as you are, trying to keep the few you have playing instead of putting in some effort and ideas to regrow and draw people back into this game, is rapidly killing our game.

Edited by Terrorsdawn, 17 October 2017 - 07:54 AM.

#117 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:57 AM

Played a lot of games on the wire, just got stomped once or twice i think. Lots of pugs both sides.

Liked the event because we were able to drop fast and not only has pugs vs big clan team like we see outside of event.

#118 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:58 AM

Clans got cocky and IS booted them off of Luthien at the last moment. Seems to have followed the lore script fairly well. Congratz to the IS for the save.

#119 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:58 AM

View PostTerrorsdawn, on 17 October 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

By not fixing balance (which means screw lore) you can not keep this mode viable.

The ironic thing is that PGI has said "screw lore" from day one. If one followed lore, the Clans would a.) always be numerically inferior, and usually not by a mere 12:10 ratio, but more like 8:5; and b.) they would be required to follow their stupid honor rules to varying degrees, which would cripple the most effective tactical approach in the game.

#120 Wuffel

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 30 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:00 AM

W00t?

Shamesfur dispray by us mighty mercs ... ehm Clans ^^

Well, the net benefit of earning 4,000,000 C bills is higher than selling the Mist Lynx, right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users