#41 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:34 AM

https://mwomercs.com...ncing-thoughts/

Honestly, i'd say this topic i started a little ago might be a step in the right direction for balancing out the population. regardless of how much they tweak weapons and mechs, it never really does anything lasting (it's the players unbalancing the game, not our weapons or mechs). Changing how Clanners gain their scores compared to IS would.. and honestly, it should be that way, Clans and IS have completely diff outlooks on warfare after all. would make sense to have their scores get figured out in different ways.

#42 AnHell86

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 106 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:28 AM

It would be useful to know the top 10 units for each IS and Clan. Also, specify if they are Mercs or Loyalists. That will show how balanced the population of mercs vs loyalists was for the event.

Thanks’

#43 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

Never realized scouting is so popular over invasion. I only did about 4 of them.

#44 West Santin

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:13 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 21 October 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

Never realized scouting is so popular over invasion. I only did about 4 of them.

Well it actually was because those 150 match score for the event wasn't worth the wait time and play time on invasion at all.

#45 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:28 PM

View PostMuriel Steiner, on 21 October 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

Just a couple of things I noted about the 'mech lists:
  • 9 of the top 20 IS mechs were played less often than the least played clan mech.
  • There is no clan assault mech on the list, while 3 IS assaults made the list
  • the first heavy on the list ranks at 6, with the first clan heavy at rank 9
  • the first clan heavy was actually played in 824 more matches than the first IS heavy.
  • The first IS Assault mech appears at rank 10
  • There is no IS light on the list, while 3 clan lights made the list
  • the first clan light appears at rank 7, it was played more often than 17 of the IS mechs.
So I'm not really sure what all of that means, I just thought it was interesting to note.. clearly that data is skewed because of different weight limits for scouting/invasion and similar factors,but once we parse through all of that, what else can we glean from those lists?

That mech list is a combo of both Queues. The top Clan mech and light mechs listed would have been used in both Scout & Siege modes and that the top 7 have almost double the numbers as the 1st heavy listed should say something.

Whereas, as the IS has more mediums to choice from, no omnis, that spread out the overall numbers. And the Clan lights listed, arent most of those the omg mgun omnipod fiends?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 21 October 2017 - 01:30 PM.

#46 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:38 PM

View PostTyrsen, on 20 October 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

Oh and thanks PGI. I'll take the 4million 'defeat' cbills over a non-selectable mech chassis any day.

and what about the free mechbay?

#47 Iron Lemur

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:48 PM

View PostSHRedo, on 21 October 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

and what about the free mechbay?

What about it? Win or lose, you got a mech bay (with or without mech). Or am I misunderstanding the question?

Edited by Iron Lemur, 21 October 2017 - 03:49 PM.

#48 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:30 PM

I don't think Gorden Ramsay could have cooked those numbers any better..

#49 _IX_

Rookie

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:35 PM

Just so we're clear and I'm reading this right, am I to assume that if scouting wins and losses count towards invasion, would it be best to simply skip the Invasion and just do scouting?

#50 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:42 PM

Oh, sure. We can win the scouting portion, however, we get our posteriors handed to us on a silver platter in the Main Event. Way to go, Inner Sphere.

#51 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:03 PM

View Post_IX_, on 21 October 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

Just so we're clear and I'm reading this right, am I to assume that if scouting wins and losses count towards invasion, would it be best to simply skip the Invasion and just do scouting?

Nope. All Scouting does is to determine if there are any effects for those who drop in Siege. When LT was present, it made tons of difference..

Edited and it was a cluster-frak, though there were a few interesting videos where the side receiving the business end of the LT would have a light squad who would run in the middle of the opposing forces to have the LT land in their mist... ie, LT was focused on the larger group of targeted players, so 3-5 lights close together while the rest of the team spread out from each other....

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 22 October 2017 - 10:40 AM.

#52 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:16 PM

Long Tom caused all matches on a given planet to stop. I'm glad it's gone.

#53 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:32 PM

yeah, LT was way too overpowered. honestly, a better thing woulda been "bombing run" and you just have several airstrikes pop off at once. easier to dodge, but still incentive to not pile up if it's active.

#54 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:23 PM

View PostMuriel Steiner, on 21 October 2017 - 06:13 AM, said:

Just a couple of things I noted about the 'mech lists:
  • 9 of the top 20 IS mechs were played less often than the least played clan mech.
  • There is no clan assault mech on the list, while 3 IS assaults made the list
  • the first heavy on the list ranks at 6, with the first clan heavy at rank 9
  • the first clan heavy was actually played in 824 more matches than the first IS heavy.
  • The first IS Assault mech appears at rank 10
  • There is no IS light on the list, while 3 clan lights made the list
  • the first clan light appears at rank 7, it was played more often than 17 of the IS mechs.
So I'm not really sure what all of that means, I just thought it was interesting to note.. clearly that data is skewed because of different weight limits for scouting/invasion and similar factors,but once we parse through all of that, what else can we glean from those lists?

Bare in mind, there are far more IS mechs to choose from than Clan mechs. So that explains the number differences between Clan and IS mechs.

Edited by Jep Jorgensson, 22 October 2017 - 09:12 PM.

#55 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:12 AM

I'm not informed how the actual status on fw is, but...scouting give the winner side an advantage on the following siege fight(s), correct?
And even though IS won more scouting matches they STILL were not able to use the advantage to get a win on the siege mode.
That makes the horrible w/l ratio even more concerning.

#56 Its my first day

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:41 AM

Personally, I'd like it if they revamped things some so the other types of matches were more common. I like faction warfare for a change, but essentially its dropping to go play siege.

#57 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:15 AM

View PostIts my first day, on 22 October 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

Personally, I'd like it if they revamped things some so the other types of matches were more common. I like faction warfare for a change, but essentially its dropping to go play siege.

Have you played recently? You don't play seige nearly as much as you used (or some of us would like)... you typically have a pretty good chance of getting a modified QP mode where it goes 25min and you get your 4 mech drop deck...

#58 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:23 PM

"

Win/Loss ratio for Clans vs IS

Clan: 7459 Wins/7902 Losses = 0.9439

IS: 7902 Wins/ 7457 Losses = 1.0597

"

SPLIT IT INTO 12 MAN AND SCOUTING PLZ TY.

#59 Ober Affengeil

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts
  • LocationBlackjack School of Conflict, Jade Falcon Invasion Corridor

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:15 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 21 October 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

You can earn upwards of 250,000+ CBills in under 5 minutes doing a scouting match. Yuge moneymaker!

#60 MortallyTransparentCupcake

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:31 PM

View PostOberfuhrer, on 22 October 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

You can earn upwards of 250,000+ CBills in under 5 minutes doing a scouting match. Yuge moneymaker!

Sounds like you have premium time

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users