108 replies to this topic

#101 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:21 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 18 November 2017 - 04:18 AM, said:

Did either of you look at the Size indicated on the last Monthly Patch? It seems like PGI only has serious issues when they exceed about 700 MB of Patch Data. Posted Image

Now if only they would fix some other issues with the User Interface that people have been tripping over... Posted Image

~D. V. "There might be reasons to want a HotFix, but at least it isn't Super-Critical." Devnull

...it was meant to be a joke...

#102 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:07 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 15 November 2017 - 06:00 AM, said:

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 14 November 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

Aaaaand hot fix in 3... 2...

Uhm... Why?!?!? You don't state reasons for needing one! Posted Image

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 18 November 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

View PostD V Devnull, on 18 November 2017 - 04:18 AM, said:

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 17 November 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 14 November 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

Aaaaand hot fix in 3... 2...

I came to post the fact that we still have no word of hotfix. Not that I know of anything requiring it, but it's kinda off, spooky even. MWO patch without a hotfix?

When was the last time we had that? Had to be many months ago.

Did either of you look at the Size indicated on the last Monthly Patch? It seems like PGI only has serious issues when they exceed about 700 MB of Patch Data. Posted Image

Now if only they would fix some other issues with the User Interface that people have been tripping over... Posted Image

~D. V. "There might be reasons to want a HotFix, but at least it isn't Super-Critical." Devnull

...it was meant to be a joke...

Well, the Joke is on me, because I get to eat my words... There is actually a reason to warrant a HotFix... Don't believe me? Go read the Bug Report which I just Filed at https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/259568-artillery-strike-damage-not-registering-after-death/ for the miserable details. We got ourselves a bad one here. Having '11 Kill Assists' with only '37 Damage' registered is simply not funny. And I was not missing Enemy Mechs badly enough either to require 11 different manual hits. This one is actually broke, as Artillery Strike Damage on Enemy Mechs is NOT registering properly. I suspect it will be 1 PM PST on Monday before PGI is aware of this problem. :(

~Mr. D. V. "It just figures... I'm always tripping over a Patch-worthy or HotFix-worthy Bug..." Devnull

[Single Edit by Post Author for some missed clarity of thoughts and wording...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 19 November 2017 - 07:09 AM.

#103 Bonzai VI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:54 AM

Had this, I shot at ~3 Mechs, after the game I had 9 assists.
I never use Air/Artystrikes.
When you get shot at my enemies, they count as assists.

They did that to encourage tanking.

Edited by Bonzai VI, 19 November 2017 - 09:55 AM.

#104 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 06:51 AM

View PostBonzai VI, on 19 November 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

Had this, I shot at ~3 Mechs, after the game I had 9 assists.
I never use Air/Artystrikes.
When you get shot at my enemies, they count as assists.

They did that to encourage tanking.

Unfortunately, that will probably encourage Suicide-type behaviors as well. Also, doing this would make the "Philanthropist" Achievement way too easy. I'm sorry, but it sounds to me like PGI has something to fix. :(

~D. V. "It figures... PGI's always messing something up..." Devnull

#105 Bonzai VI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:17 AM

Screw encouraging teamplay! People shouldn't be rewarded for tanking! Everyone should hide!

#106 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:00 AM

View PostBonzai VI, on 22 November 2017 - 07:17 AM, said:

Screw encouraging teamplay! People shouldn't be rewarded for tanking! Everyone should hide!

You like to read too much into things, don't you? That's NOT what I was saying... At least it won't take me a damned wall of text to handle you. :angry:

Teamplay should be encouraged, but without making an Achievement too easy. Neither should people be hiding all the bloody time, as that does lead to some weapons*** being rendered useless, which would also cause breakage of good Teamplay. Instead, there should be a different statistic set up, and heavily rewarded, for those willing to tank a bit. Something like a "Enemy Damage Drawn" statistic, which would indicate how well someone could handle keeping the enemy team focused on them without dying. That kind of Statistic should account for all damage directed at them, and not be limited to just damage absorbed. Otherwise, Assaults would always have a higher total than anyone else. However, in setting that up, it should only account for a narrow degree limit of flight past them as well. It's good to reward for surviving something coming more-or-less straight at them, but it would be silly to reward for something that was way off the mark. B)

~Mr. D. V. "Next time, please do more thinking before you react badly to a post from me." Devnull

*** (Just a footnote, that includes Weapons such as LRMs/ATMs... Frankly, I've heard Baradul mention in one of his videos that they like having LRMs slam on their enemy as they're moving in to kill targets. It really sucks that PGI nerfed those so hard that Snipers are being allowed too much free reign on the battlefield.)

#107 Bonzai VI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:53 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 23 November 2017 - 03:00 AM, said:

You like to read too much into things, don't you? That's NOT what I was saying... At least it won't take me a damned wall of text to handle you. Posted Image
~Mr. D. V. "Next time, please do more thinking before you react badly to a post from me." Devnull

Wow you are cocky.
I didn't read anything into what you posted: I simply voiced the consequence of what would happen.
Besides, that sounds like a threat. Are you sure you don't EVER want to have someone critizise what you post? Cuz that's gonna get stale after a short time.

Teamplay should be encouraged, but without making an Achievement too easy.

Philantropist is way to easy to get...
Simplest way: Pick a Locust, equip a ERLL and voilà you've got the "Achievement".
Achievements should be worth something, they should neither be so simple a guy that plays for one week can get it (Philantropist) nor as stupid as Death Star or Guillotine.

So what now, are you gonna shitstorm me since I didn't back up from my opinion?

Edited by Bonzai VI, 23 November 2017 - 03:54 AM.

#108 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:52 PM

View PostBonzai VI, on 23 November 2017 - 03:53 AM, said:

You like to read too much into things, don't you? That's NOT what I was saying... At least it won't take me a damned wall of text to handle you. Posted Image

<<<snip>>>

Wow you are cocky.
I didn't read anything into what you posted: I simply voiced the consequence of what would happen.
Besides, that sounds like a threat. Are you sure you don't EVER want to have someone critizise what you post? Cuz that's gonna get stale after a short time.

Teamplay should be encouraged, but without making an Achievement too easy.

Philantropist is way to easy to get...
Simplest way: Pick a Locust, equip a ERLL and voilà you've got the "Achievement".
Achievements should be worth something, they should neither be so simple a guy that plays for one week can get it (Philantropist) nor as stupid as Death Star or Guillotine.

So what now, are you gonna shitstorm me since I didn't back up from my opinion?

Storm all over you? Nah, not needed. I'm actually glad people have opinions, or the world would become totally stale. The way I reacted earlier was because it sounded like you 'had totally gone off your rocker', as the old saying goes. I'm glad to see that you're able to sound a tad more calm, as it makes me more likely to react calm as well. :)

By the way, I'm surprised it would only take you a Locust to get the "Philanthropist" Achievement. It took me a whole freak-ton of luck to get mine, and a bigger Mech to boot. :blink:

But yeah, I agree that Achievements should be worthwhile and an actual effort needed to earn it. I simply differ in that I think PGI should rework things a little, and fix what seems like bad bugs at the same time. However, you're also right -- and agreed with -- in identifying that they should never make it as ridiculously hard as "Death Star" or "Guillotine"... I've been trying for "Ace Of Spades" for ages, and still don't have that yet. Maybe PGI should open up "Death Star" and "Guillotine" to being earned via Faction Warfare, as well? At least then, it might make them reasonably achievable, provided that PGI stops hiding the Head Hitbox on a Disconnected Pilot... B)

~Mr. D. V. "Always glad to have a discussion when everyone sounds calm... Oh, those Hitboxes... Grr... LOL..." Devnull

#109 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:09 PM

Cleaned up the Uziel animation you say?

So that means removing the upper knee articulation so that it moves like any other chicken walker.

Why am I not surprised. PGI one step forward two steps back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users