Patch Notes - 1.4.143 - 12-Dec-2017

178 replies to this topic

#21 clan hope

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:12 PM

all i have to say is thanks for the fixes, but the the buffs to the I.S. buffs are not need and u think the circada is falling behind is bull . i have no idea were you all are getting ur data or using!!!!!!!!! but ok ..

Edited by clan hope, 11 December 2017 - 11:12 PM.

#22 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:16 PM

Well it looks like it's time to finally dust off the old Cicada 3M.
Thanks PGI!

The C-ER Large Laser nerf seems a little uncalled for, tbh. I guess it just forces it out of brawling and mid-ranged fights a bit more.

#23 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:16 PM

It might help the Uziel more if the quirks were better tailored to maximize the effect of the mechs' hard points. Instead of things like 10% er laser cooldown on a variant that has a whopping 2 energy hard points. Especially when the 5P has a general 10% energy cooldown and 6 energy hard points. Seriously it has also has machine gun quirks? For it's two ballistic points? ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF ME PGI!? Because I feel like it's a joke...

#24 valrond

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 319 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:22 PM

Another stupid nerf to the clans. Now the ERLL is basically 1 damage per 1 heat. Freaking stupid. It's not like the clans have a regular LL to fall back if you want a brawl build like IS has this the very heat efficient LL (9 damage per 7 hit with 450m range is pretty good). And many builds don't have many options with limited pod space and crit space, you have to use the cERLL, the cHLL takes up too much room and the cLPL is too heavy.

#25 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:45 PM

Finally a C-MG nerf... Not enough if you ask me (those clan lights still have DPS of an assault), but you are moving in the right way.
Maybe you will boost L/H Gauss one day...

Edited by GweNTLeR, 11 December 2017 - 11:46 PM.

#26 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:25 AM

Its a good patch, thank you.

#27 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:41 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 December 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

Spider [all variants]: Fixed an issue where the Spider would sometimes spin around when destroyed.

nooo, why no more Spider breakdance? What have i ever done to you, PGI? :'(

JK, was about time to fix that, even if it allways amused me :D

and thx for the MG changes, even if the clanners are whining, we all still knew it would come eventually - especially after the Piranha would have been released. Now you spared us the agony of fighting about these little buggers who would be even worse than the Mist Lynx, thanks a lot for that.

#28 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:45 AM

Awesome, finally some love for the trusty Cicada. Got ~ 850 matches in the 2B alone and it surely did suffer since the "glory days". Panther und Uziel improvements are also very welcome. To be honest, the MLX was pretty nasty lately, so...

#29 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:46 AM

A bag full of gentle little adjustments, fixes and balances...Posted Image
Are you guys ok over there in cold dark Canada ?
Where's the big guy with the 25kg nerf Hammer ?

Ilike...will try Uziel as it is intended.

I think at this point all and every laser nerfs are justyfied...it is just to easy to farm lots of dmg and kills with them versus the other weapon classes...feeling dirty when I go out hunting in my Black Knight.

Could you take a look at hitreg I feel there happened something bad since last winter...ppcs and single slug ACs got unreliable to a point where I do not use them anymore.

Edited by The Basilisk, 12 December 2017 - 12:52 AM.

#30 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:56 AM

A good little patch, especially my Orion even will get stronger for me :)

BUT:

What's about the Thanatos? I decided to NOT buy the Hellspawn. Why? I bought Uziel, Osiris and Thanatos...that's the answer...

What's about Faction Play? Really, FP is still there PGI! Without FP i doubt that i would play MWO anymore but for month it gets no improvements, adjustments or anything....

Is it that hard to look into FP for at least little improvements?!

#31 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:23 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 December 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

Cicada
• All variants have received a moderate increase to Mobility.

Uziel
• All variants have received a +10% Weapon Range Quirk.
• All variants have received a light increase to Mobility.

Orion
• All variants have received a -10% Weapon Heat Gen Quirk.
• Existing Energy and Missile Heat Gen Quirks on the ON1-M and ON1-VA have been phased out with the rollover into the global Heat Gen Quirk listed above.

Zeus
• All variants have received a -10% Weapon Heat Gen Quirk.
• Existing Energy and Missile Heat Gen Quirks on the ZEU-6T, ZEU-9S, ZEU-9S2, and ZEU-SK have been phased out with the rollover into the global Heat Gen Quirk.

Ooooooh, nice!

I'll have to try my Cicadas again, keep plugging away at finding a niche for my Uziels, have another attempt to do well with the IS Orions and give some of my hotter Zeus' another go.

#32 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:33 AM

View Postvalrond, on 11 December 2017 - 11:22 PM, said:

Another stupid nerf to the clans. Now the ERLL is basically 1 damage per 1 heat. Freaking stupid. It's not like the clans have a regular LL to fall back if you want a brawl build like IS has this the very heat efficient LL (9 damage per 7 hit with 450m range is pretty good). And many builds don't have many options with limited pod space and crit space, you have to use the cERLL, the cHLL takes up too much room and the cLPL is too heavy.

Yep HLL takes 1 more slot than ISLL and cLPL takes 1 more ton than ISLL, both clan weapons are better than ISLL.

#33 Jon McFuzzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:51 AM

Thanatos remains a DOA :(

#34 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:52 AM

So the Hellspawn shows up with borked mobility values... I wonder, will it be too nimble or too slugish?

#35 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:32 AM

Why does the demon girl looks so "shy" by stance? Shes a freakin demon!.

What weird yellow do canadian wasps have? the cockpit item wasp doesn't even feature that yellow.

yeah MG nerfs, soooooooo needed because totally OP.

And since you were working on the NVA, have you also fixed the leg and the camo on it or not?

Edited by Lily from animove, 12 December 2017 - 02:34 AM.

#36 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:42 AM

View Postclan hope, on 11 December 2017 - 11:12 PM, said:

but the the buffs to the I.S. buffs are not need and u think the circada is falling behind is bull . i have no idea were you all are getting ur data or using!!!!!!!!! but ok ..

I'm pretty sure IS hope would disagree. Posted Image

#37 banana peel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:50 AM

Yet another nerf to dps/sustained dps of clan lasers when the real issue is huge "damage per tick" value that allows clans to melt opponents in the peeking game.

Seriously guys you need some type of crew to play the game and report to you why exactly a given weapon is overperforming. Changes like this just mess up the balance even further - now c-erll is not an option for lighter mechs, but heavier erml+erll setups will not change.

#38 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:00 AM

"And in this the 7 month the almighty dartboard decreed: I shall giveth more than I usually taketh away! And the customers bowed their heads and their eyes filled with tears of joy and their souls filled with gratitude for the almighty disk had only broken their clan mechs running machine guns and ERLL this time, while much else had been healed. Rejoice! Rejoice!"
-The book of Dartboard Revelations

Be it their internal analysis of on going performance, or data, or in-game performance all of a sudden differentiating from established target values, or their whim to alter the meta to drive a c-bill sink, or they just played a good round of darts, whatever the cause and however they came to the results, I for one am mostly pleased with this pass.

The dartboard taketh away for 5 of the last 6 months, so I can at least be pleased that the dartboard hath mostly given a bit of goodness back this month. I'll take this over another damn "energy re-balance" (-shudder-) any day.

Edited by Bud Crue, 12 December 2017 - 03:01 AM.

#39 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:08 AM

View PostGasoline, on 11 December 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

Pretty nice adjustments to some older IS chassis! Also finally the Novas got their broken arms fixed, yay!

Another clan laser nerf? Was the Supernova overperforming? Posted Image

Well it is the best choice if you're going to boat ER larges among clan assaults.. the hardpoints are higher than a warhawk or whale, several variants have structure quirks, and the -1 even has a minor laser duration quirk.

#40 BMKA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 105 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChile

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:35 AM

Small patch and yet another nerf to the clanners.
On one hand I understand you,trying to bring "balance" to the game, but on the other hand you and some mechwarrior must understand that clanners are slightly better than I.S because lore---
I think you are giving to much love to IS.

Good fixing tho.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users