• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 316 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:46 AM

My personal list of things I'd like to be looked at :

- Some Melee would be nice.
- no useless fun weapons like RAC. If it's in the game it has to have it's purpose.
- Better/improved visual representation of level of destruction on the mechs (i.e. when your arm is shot off there are different stumps left rather than same 1 over and over, parts of armour being shot off showing internals/structure)
- Weapon systems that stick out - when it gets focused you can loose it...rather than whole side torso/arm whatever part it sits in. I find it hilariously stupid that shooting off ears on a timberwolf automatically means that said mech just lost a side torso. FFS!! It should mean you can easily loose just some rocket pods + maybe some heatsinks and ammo and NOT a whole side torso!!!!!
- Improved terrain and environement destruction (afaik what we have now is : parts of buildings when being shot at do couple of things : shake a little bit, spawn particle emmiter to hide the switch from clean/new building part to destroyed... which is exactly the same no matter what you shoot it with or how many times)
- Big warfare scenarios/missions that make you feel that you are only a small cog in a bigger machine (think of that feeling that was depicted in : Medal of Honor - omaha beach, That Call of Duty where you are one of russian soldiers defending Stalingrad? or in movies like Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, Pacific, etc) - you are only one mech out of many others + other vehicles and ground troops siegeing/defending some fortress.
- As much customization to the mech as it is possible.
- Underground/inside missions? (inside/under fortresses, domed-bases, undergrond/domed/walled off cities)

Things to think about but not totally necessary.
- any ammo refill/partial armour quick fix during the battle? (was that even possible?)
- mech swapping through out the mission (as of : dropship comes in the middle of the mission, during a more peaceful part of the level where you can jump out of your damaged mech and swap to something "fresh")

Edited by lazytopaz, 09 January 2018 - 02:50 AM.

#42 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:16 PM

- Big warfare scenarios/missions that make you feel that you are only a small cog in a bigger machine (think of that feeling that was depicted in : Medal of Honor - omaha beach, That Call of Duty where you are one of russian soldiers defending Stalingrad? or in movies like Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, Pacific, etc) - you are only one mech out of many others + other vehicles and ground troops siegeing/defending some fortress.

-thats only by scripted Missions or with Lancecompadres

until the start of MW5 I wait if ever the promised great FP mode in MWO appears and still some promises from the Founder phase are fulfilled. Otherwise there are at least some more than too transverse

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 09 January 2018 - 09:18 PM.

#43 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:20 PM

I think they're going to rely heavily on procedurally generated content. With hopefully a smattering of more scripted missions to keep things fresh.

But if they follow through on mod support. We'll almost assuredly see mod campaigns. All the arm chair devs can show exactly what they're made of.

#44 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:33 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 11 January 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

I think they're going to rely heavily on procedurally generated content. With hopefully a smattering of more scripted missions to keep things fresh.

But if they follow through on mod support. We'll almost assuredly see mod campaigns. All the arm chair devs can show exactly what they're made of.

thats the only way for a little longer lifespan for mW5

#45 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:46 PM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 08 January 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

A Betty for each of the major houses would be AWESOME. Posted Image

Mods.
I already have already made Liao and Kurita computer voices.

Melee has NEVER been in Mechwarrior, so as much as I would love to see it, don't expect it to be. You'll only be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Correction:
"Melee has NEVER been in a computerized Mechwarrior title, so as much as I would love to see it, don't expect it to be."

It is in Mechwarrior (the tabletop RPG) and has a lot of depth to it, from melee combat using hands, prosthetic limbs (including a tail), blades, etc. as a person up to melee grappling as a Battlemech.
It just hasn't been in a Mechwarrior computer game which is a series based on said pen and paper RPG.. at least the first one in 1989, its 1993 Japanese remake and 1992 SNES rebuild with a new story (but ultimately the same thing) and finally its would be second title that was slated for 1994 that later became Earth Siege since "Mechwarrior 2" as a project was taken from Sierra/Dynamix and given to Activision to create the 1996 Mechwarrior 2 we know... which removed the wing commander style element of the pilot's life outside of piloting the mech from its method of story telling.

(Sad thing is Mechwarrior was using Chris Robert's Wing Commander method of story telling.... YEARS before the first Wing Commander game.)

The Mechwarrior RPG is now titled "Classic Battletech RPG."

Edited by Koniving, 19 January 2018 - 08:46 PM.

#46 cinco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 509 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:43 AM

pgi's track record is permanently blemished with their mishandling of the franchise for years. i really hope they put in the required effort this time. from what i am seeing right now though, it looks like a lot of boring grinder missions. they need to crack open mw3 and mw4 and just copy what works.

#47 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:14 AM

View PostKoniving, on 19 January 2018 - 08:46 PM, said:

Mods.
I already have already made Liao and Kurita computer voices.

Correction:
"Melee has NEVER been in a computerized Mechwarrior title, so as much as I would love to see it, don't expect it to be."

It is in Mechwarrior (the tabletop RPG) and has a lot of depth to it, from melee combat using hands, prosthetic limbs (including a tail), blades, etc. as a person up to melee grappling as a Battlemech.
It just hasn't been in a Mechwarrior computer game which is a series based on said pen and paper RPG.. at least the first one in 1989, its 1993 Japanese remake and 1992 SNES rebuild with a new story (but ultimately the same thing) and finally its would be second title that was slated for 1994 that later became Earth Siege since "Mechwarrior 2" as a project was taken from Sierra/Dynamix and given to Activision to create the 1996 Mechwarrior 2 we know... which removed the wing commander style element of the pilot's life outside of piloting the mech from its method of story telling.

(Sad thing is Mechwarrior was using Chris Robert's Wing Commander method of story telling.... YEARS before the first Wing Commander game.)

The Mechwarrior RPG is now titled "Classic Battletech RPG."

"Mechwarrior" in regards to the PC game releases, are entirely different to "mechwarrior the classic battletech RPG"

Anyone with a brain knows this, AND it's the reason they changed the Mechwarrior RPG's name, to give more differentiation between the properties.

#48 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:22 AM

View PostCMDR Sunset Shimmer, on 22 January 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

"Mechwarrior" in regards to the PC game releases, are entirely different to "mechwarrior the classic battletech RPG"

Anyone with a brain knows this, AND it's the reason they changed the Mechwarrior RPG's name, to give more differentiation between the properties.

But he said melee had never been in Mechwarrior. C'mon, lemme have this troll. :P

Actually they changed the name to keep Microsoft from claiming the copyright to the Mechwarrior RPG on top of Mechwarrior (well more specifically because it thusly infringed on the IP).

#49 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:31 AM

View Postcinco, on 20 January 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:

pgi's track record is permanently blemished with their mishandling of the franchise for years. i really hope they put in the required effort this time. from what i am seeing right now though, it looks like a lot of boring grinder missions. they need to crack open mw3 and mw4 and just copy what works.

Having personally had time with the MW5 demo at MechCon this last year, I am impressed with what they've done so far, everything from collision damage to my first "oh sh!t!" moment when I bumped into a Catapult K2 that was defending a base, that I had no idea would be there, right up to my second "oh sh!t! RUN!!!" moment when the Overlord class drop-ship wanted to land on the head of my Shadowhawk 2D I took for the mission.

I also enjoyed the fact that they chose to apply munition trajectories into the game was great, putting an AC/20 round into a building (killing my target that was in the top floor of said building) with my Atlas from 1400+m away, for my second play through, was awesome. It was small things like crushing tanks under foot, crashing through walls and buildings (damaging or destroying them in the process)or dealing with a leg humping Locust were great and give me hope that MW5 is going to be decent to good.

#50 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:13 PM

Crushing Tanks under the Feets is a fail for itself ..in BT tanks very Hard and strong Opponents ..not cannonfodder and little dwarfing Vehicles

so all seeing like ..Hero against Hords of Cannonfodder with no really Tactical sense or AI ...like the most other BT/MW game before ...

#51 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:50 AM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 22 January 2018 - 09:13 PM, said:

Crushing Tanks under the Feets is a fail for itself ..in BT tanks very Hard and strong Opponents ..not cannonfodder and little dwarfing Vehicles

so all seeing like ..Hero against Hords of Cannonfodder with no really Tactical sense or AI ...like the most other BT/MW game before ...

To be fair, I usually had to run into the tanks a few times at 80-ish km/h to kill them, running into trees slowed you down and after take out that leg humping Locust in my Shadowhawk 2D that Catapult K2 was a beast to take on, as I only had both SRM/2, AC/5 and a MLas left... the Tanks, choppers, base turrets and Locust killed RT and RA... only reason I beat a fresh K2, was I got inside that 90m magic range for the PPC's and forced her to tax her SHS into shutting down.

Taking into account that my armour was gone (not hard to do, to a SHD-2D) had red internals in a few places (RL, CT, LA, LT) I was not going to stick around to see what came out of an Overlord Dropship that was descending....

Second mission I played in 15min I took out an Atlas and just messed around, found out that I could arc AC/20 rounds a stupid distance, killed a K2 with a Head shot and in general just looked to see what I could brake in the game environment in 5 minuets.

#52 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:14 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 23 January 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

To be fair, I usually had to run into the tanks a few times at 80-ish km/h to kill them, running into trees slowed you down and after take out that leg humping Locust in my Shadowhawk 2D that Catapult K2 was a beast to take on, as I only had both SRM/2, AC/5 and a MLas left... the Tanks, choppers, base turrets and Locust killed RT and RA... only reason I beat a fresh K2, was I got inside that 90m magic range for the PPC's and forced her to tax her SHS into shutting down.

Taking into account that my armour was gone (not hard to do, to a SHD-2D) had red internals in a few places (RL, CT, LA, LT) I was not going to stick around to see what came out of an Overlord Dropship that was descending....

Second mission I played in 15min I took out an Atlas and just messed around, found out that I could arc AC/20 rounds a stupid distance, killed a K2 with a Head shot and in general just looked to see what I could brake in the game environment in 5 minuets.

sounds like the older MW Titles ...Tanks and Copters only in mass dangerous ..as Zerglings..really 2x70t Tank alone a Respectable Enemy for a mech alone

#53 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:03 AM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 24 January 2018 - 03:14 AM, said:

sounds like the older MW Titles ...Tanks and Copters only in mass dangerous ..as Zerglings..really 2x70t Tank alone a Respectable Enemy for a mech alone

Yup, but the tanks I was facing were Scorpions at the VOTL's were Warriors, so yes dangerous in mass, not so much when only facing down 2-3 at any one time. Still a threat to a Shadowhawk 2D (the lightest mech you could use in the Demo).

#54 Jiang Wei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:58 AM

1. Id like to know what graphics engine they are using.

2. I want to be a closed beta tester. Tell me how.

#55 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:08 AM

View PostJiang Wei, on 29 January 2018 - 05:58 AM, said:

1. Id like to know what graphics engine they are using.

2. I want to be a closed beta tester. Tell me how.

1) Unreal (a newer release of it)

2) Still in pre-alpha stage I'd say. The mission profiles that were available at MechCon 2017 were all the same, just on different maps, with slightly different layouts. I'd say that MW5 might be headed for closed Beta by the end of 2018.

#56 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:09 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 29 January 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

1) Unreal (a newer release of it)

2) Still in pre-alpha stage I'd say. The mission profiles that were available at MechCon 2017 were all the same, just on different maps, with slightly different layouts. I'd say that MW5 might be headed for closed Beta by the end of 2018.

They said they plan to release by the end of the year. My guess is around November.

It should be in beta around the summer.

#57 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:36 PM

View PostBrody319, on 29 January 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

They said they plan to release by the end of the year. My guess is around November.

It should be in beta around the summer.

It's PGI, the only they have been on time about to date has been mech packs.

Would I like MW5 to be out by November, yes, yes I would. But I have my reservations about that kind of time table, as they are rather tight lipped about it.... at lest it has a good looking website now:

https://mw5mercs.com/#start

#58 Jiang Wei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:27 AM

Well, since they are using the latest version of the unreal engine ill wager they can develop things much faster/more efficiently. Plus they are using alot of graphic assets that already exist so that saves alot of time also. The videos show that the game is far along in its development already. Im impressed with what I see in these videos and it looks like a game that will be quite fun. I hope there is mw4 multiplayer where players can host their own dedicated servers, with lots of customization.

Edited by Jiang Wei, 31 January 2018 - 07:29 AM.

#59 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:30 PM

View PostJiang Wei, on 31 January 2018 - 07:27 AM, said:

Well, since they are using the latest version of the unreal engine ill wager they can develop things much faster/more efficiently. Plus they are using alot of graphic assets that already exist so that saves alot of time also. The videos show that the game is far along in its development already. Im impressed with what I see in these videos and it looks like a game that will be quite fun. I hope there is mw4 multiplayer where players can host their own dedicated servers, with lots of customization.

Only 4 player co-op. Any kind of PvP multiplayer will have a negative impact on MWO.

View PostMetus regem, on 29 January 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

It's PGI, the only they have been on time about to date has been mech packs.

Would I like MW5 to be out by November, yes, yes I would. But I have my reservations about that kind of time table, as they are rather tight lipped about it.... at lest it has a good looking website now:

https://mw5mercs.com/#start

They kind of joked/kind of was serious in that it's going to be released in December during Mech Con. It would make a lot of sense tbh. Gives them as much time as possible while still releasing it in 2018 while boosting Mech Con by a lot. Dunno if it'd be a bit much to do at once for the company, releasing a game and running mech con but they did say they have effectively 2 teams for the two games.

Edited by ForceUser, 31 January 2018 - 09:31 PM.

#60 Jiang Wei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:09 AM

View PostForceUser, on 31 January 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

Only 4 player co-op. Any kind of PvP multiplayer will have a negative impact on MWO.

You must be joking. If thats not a joke then PGI will be the laughing stock of game developers for years to come. It has to be a joke..... they cant possibly be that stupid....

Edited by Jiang Wei, 01 February 2018 - 03:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users