#381 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:27 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 14 January 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

Humanoid. 2x ML in each arm, 13 SL (6 per side torso, 1 in head or CT). 7/11 or faster, no JJs.

Been through all the TROs up to 3067 (don't own anything beyond that) and I haven't found your Light (or Medium) humanoid 13 SL 2 ML mech.

In fact I haven't found any mechs with more than 8 energy weapons.

This doesn't mean it couldn't be hidden in the TRO of other source material. For example the Bt Compendium has a hidden TRO at the end with numerous mechs. Some I never heard of before

#382 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:27 PM

View PostKoniving, on 14 January 2018 - 04:02 PM, said:

That certainly is unique. Sounds like the IS version of a Piranha.

I'm checking through Sarna, and it looks like it might be the Rattlesnake he's thinking of (35t, 7 Meds, 1 Small)

that, or it's definitely a medium.

interestingly enough while i was doing this, I ran into "QuadVees" which're Hell's Horse Combination Tank/Mechs.

Edited by Arkhangel, 14 January 2018 - 05:35 PM.

#383 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:35 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 14 January 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

I'm checking through Sarna, and it looks like it might be the Rattlesnake he's thinking of (35t, 7 Meds, 1 Small)

interestingly enough while i was doing this, I ran into "QuadVees" which're Hell's Horse Combination Tank/Mechs.

Non-humanoid though.
Did find out that a Hollander can maintain stationary accuracy even when moving at cruising speeds, and only has a minor loss of accuracy while running. (So no accuracy penalty while cruising).

I did see another mech known as the Snake.
Its uglier than sin. 45 tons. LBX, several missiles, CASE, no energy weapons.

I'll hunt some more tomorrow and keep an eye out for it.

Yeah there's a lot of really cool things out there. There's also power armor, and enough Battletech fluff to literally mod and replace everything in Star Citizen...and have even more fleshed out than they do.

#384 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:45 PM

View PostKoniving, on 14 January 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

Non-humanoid though.
Did find out that a Hollander can maintain stationary accuracy even when moving at cruising speeds, and only has a minor loss of accuracy while running. (So no accuracy penalty while cruising).

I did see another mech known as the Snake.
Its uglier than sin. 45 tons. LBX, several missiles, CASE, no energy weapons.

I'll hunt some more tomorrow and keep an eye out for it.

Yeah there's a lot of really cool things out there. There's also power armor, and enough Battletech fluff to literally mod and replace everything in Star Citizen...and have even more fleshed out than they do.

Only IS super-energy heavy non-humanoid designs i can think of right now are a Heavy and an Assault: the Flashman and Sagittaire.

also, Battletech has one other advantage over Star Citizen. it's actually out. at the rate SC's going, my grandkids will be playing it... assuming it ever does.

Edited by Arkhangel, 14 January 2018 - 05:50 PM.

#385 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:54 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 14 January 2018 - 05:45 PM, said:

Only IS super-energy heavy non-humanoid designs i can think of right now are a Heavy and an Assault: the Flashman and Sagittaire.

also, Battletech has one other advantage over Star Citizen. it's actually out. at the rate SC's going, my grandkids will be playing it... assuming it ever does.

Fair enough; but you should try it. Already a fair bit to it. And it is an ambitious project.
One of mine is what if MWO was made using Star Citizen's tools... while still being what MWO wanted to be (as opposed to what it is).

#386 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:58 PM

View PostKoniving, on 14 January 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

Been through all the TROs up to 3067 (don't own anything beyond that) and I haven't found your Light (or Medium) humanoid 13 SL 2 ML mech.

This doesn't mean it couldn't be hidden in the TRO of other source material. For example the Bt Compendium has a hidden TRO at the end with numerous mechs. Some I never heard of before

Hmm, probably in a BT magazine, there were some back then, the FanPro store had issues of them. I was a regular reader there, not so much a shopper ...Posted Image

Not the Rattlesnake. Also a fine mech, at least for TT. Looks heavily like a Jenner though iirc.

#387 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:25 AM

View PostBuenaventura, on 14 January 2018 - 06:58 PM, said:

Hmm, probably in a BT magazine, there were some back then, the FanPro store had issues of them. I was a regular reader there, not so much a shopper ...Posted Image

Not the Rattlesnake. Also a fine mech, at least for TT. Looks heavily like a Jenner though iirc.

I found a 75 ton Centurion Maximus in Issue 15.

Banshee and Challenger variants under Issue 2.
Found a Falcon in issue 1... which also looks a lot like the "Challenger" that I mistook for a Stinger. It wields a jettison capable gun holding a medium and "light" (small) laser.

Issue 8 has the grand story of the 15 ton Flea.
Includes a manual jump system, with a lot of detail, for how the 15 ton Flea can jump without jumpjets due to its light weight and the jump system.
Includes a blueprint for all the internals of the Flea 14.
The Flea 14 has an elongated rear pelvis, to allow soldiers and power armor to ride its rear side, both by kneeling on the rear and hanging off the sides.
Even a meter scale. Extending it, the 15 ton Flea is just over 7 meters tall, (the canonical height of a Locust was 7.6 meters).

Oh wow they even have a 3D model of it.

The other "unit"in the TRO is the Athena FDC carrier. Its an artillery booster, by having one it boosts the accuracy of your artillery by relaying received artillery spotter information with a satellite, then adjusting information and estimates before the artillery fires, reducing the need for range finding before bombarding, (and thus reducing the chance of missing by not giving the early warning of Bracketing)

Huh. I have a Commando Quarterly mixed in with the bunch accidentally; will check that out later.

Issue "0102"
Its TRO features the Devastator (a Demolisher upgrade that's rapidly becoming extinct).
Unlike the Demolisher which uses 185mm AC/20 with Chemical Injection (ChemJet) propellant (allowing it to fire directly and indirectly), the Devastator uses conventional propellants. It holds 2 ton ammo storage bins, and two of them (for 4 tons).
The caliber of its twin "Mech Eater" AC/20s is not specified, but implied to be of high caliber like its cousin the Demolisher, but with no delay in firing (unlike the Demolisher due to not needing to fill a measured amount of chemical compound per shell).

And there we find the Wolfman, a Rifleman and Wolverine Frankenmech.

------------

I'll look more tomorrow. Left off at 0101 (personal note.)

#388 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:33 AM

OK, after more digging on sarna, I found it mentioned as having appeared in The Tech Factory: Sandpiper SDP-2O
There is no page for it though, and it is unclear in which issue it appeared. Google finds it included in MegaMek:
40t, ES, 13 DHS, 280XL with MASC, 4 ML, 13 SL.

Edited by Buenaventura, 15 January 2018 - 08:40 AM.

#389 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:40 AM

Good lord could we turn some of this dogged determination toward solving IRL issues like world hunger or making Justin Bieber quit music?

#390 Conner Ward

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:50 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 15 January 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

Good lord could we turn some of this dogged determination toward solving IRL issues like world hunger or making Justin Bieber quit music?

I guess some rules lawyers could potentially be good lawyers in real life.

#391 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:33 AM

View PostKoniving, on 14 January 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

TRO 3055...page 37...Komodo, 45 ton, 5/8/5, 225XL, 14DHS, 10 medium lasers (5 per arm), TAG (head), ECM and double AMS. Meant to hunt elementals. Page 97, Locust IIC has 8 ERSL and 1 MPL at 25 tons. Page 135, Phantom alt config C has 9 ERSL and 1 ERML.

#392 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:55 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 15 January 2018 - 09:33 AM, said:

TRO 3055...page 37...Komodo, 45 ton, 5/8/5, 225XL, 14DHS, 10 medium lasers (5 per arm), TAG (head), ECM and double AMS. Meant to hunt elementals. Page 97, Locust IIC has 8 ERSL and 1 MPL at 25 tons. Page 135, Phantom alt config C has 9 ERSL and 1 ERML.

Those don't match the criteria of being Humanoid for the Locust (and it is Clan) and the other doesn't meet the criteria of Fast.

Though I see I worded myself poorly (and didn't look into Clan mechs, since the person was looking for an IS mech).
Probably overlooked how many lasers the Komodo had, but since it wasn't a large number of small lasers it didn't fit the criteria on even the energy weapon front.

Komodo wasn't humanoid -- that's why he didn't count.
Posted Image
At least, I don't count it as humanoid. You uh... could? I guess. Either way it has jumpjets so it was automatically ruled out.

Though I should have been specific and said "any humanoid IS mechs" with more than 8 energy weapons in the light to medium range.

Phantom falls under Clan so it didn't count either.

Criteria was IS, humanoid, energy only, 10 or more small lasers, 2 medium lasers, 7/11 or so speed, no jump ability.
As such I didn't even look at Clan mechs.

Edited by Koniving, 15 January 2018 - 10:01 AM.

#393 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:42 AM

Upright, 2 arms, 2 legs, human-ish joints... Unless it has to have a movable neck, the Komodo could make an argument for being humanoid...

#394 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:48 AM

Bought the basic pack, so... :D

Posted Image

#395 Hauptmann Keg Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:05 AM

View PostKoniving, on 12 January 2018 - 05:24 AM, said:

Also it was the Clan answer to Rotary Autocannons.

The Clan's answer to Rotary Autocannons was... Rotary Autocannons. Diamond Shark started making experimental ones in 3069 and had them in full production 4 years later.

#396 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:11 AM

View PostIdToaster, on 15 January 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

The Clan's answer to Rotary Autocannons was... Rotary Autocannons. Diamond Shark started making experimental ones in 3069 and had them in full production 4 years later.

Still like HAGs better.

(Also its past the border that I don't go near. I tend to stay away from stuff post 3065. I happen to know of HAGs because I used them in a tabletop battle against a few other people, one of whom used a Warhammer with Blue Shield. My HAGs pretty much disabled an enemy almost immediately by puncturing the gyro, leaving the pilot to spend the next 3 minutes of game time trying to kill himself since he couldn't get out of the mech.)

#397 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:22 AM

View PostIdToaster, on 15 January 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

Sorry, no. Again, Sarna is horribly inaccurate when it comes to weapon introduction dates. Here are the correct canon dates (IO, Universal Technology Advancement table, pp. 35-63):

Posted Image

#398 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:14 PM

View PostKoniving, on 15 January 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

Criteria was IS, humanoid, energy only, 10 or more small lasers, 2 medium lasers, 7/11 or so speed, no jump ability.

Sorry, I didn't quote you earlier, so you might've missed that I at least found which mech I remembered:

View PostBuenaventura, on 15 January 2018 - 08:33 AM, said:

OK, after more digging on sarna, I found it mentioned as having appeared in The Tech Factory: Sandpiper SDP-2O
There is no page for it though, and it is unclear in which issue it appeared. Google finds it included in MegaMek:
40t, ES, 13 DHS, 280XL with MASC, 4 ML, 13 SL.

#399 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuldhouse, Skye Federation, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:25 PM

View PostGhastly, on 10 January 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

I meant like the ones they made for several of the other 'mechs. For example: I understand how to find 'mechs' entries on Sarna.net

Edited by blackcatf, 15 January 2018 - 05:27 PM.

#400 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:39 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 15 January 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

Sorry, I didn't quote you earlier, so you might've missed that I at least found which mech I remembered:

Gotcha. Will find a picture for it if it is in what I got.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users