248 replies to this topic

#181 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:48 AM

it's bout time the IS got a few Omnis too. just so there's a bit of equality on the "not exactly sure what that mech could be carrying" front.

and before people whine about the "they're stuck with IS XLs" most IS Omnis where also known for being extremely well armored, tough, and quite a few were also pretty fast for their respective weight classes, which definitely would balance out the added vulnerabilty of being stuck with an IS XL, for instance, the IS Light Omni, the Raptor. 25 ton mech, prime variant carries three LRM5s, two MLas, Two SLas and two MGs, base max speed of roughly 120, and carries 3 and a half tons of of armor, which is equivalent to a clan Mist Lynx, which is the same weight and speed bracket as it, and they even have similar hitboxes. don't really see any problem with including it, and it'd be a pretty solid light choice.

#182 Lynx OGrady

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 39 posts
  • LocationWarhawk Cockpit

Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:00 AM

I may be stuck on the MekTek and Mechassault versions of the Blood Asp, but the side torso's look like they could stand to be a bit wider. The Blood Asp was supposedly tall as ****, and as it sits now, it looks a bit weird to be tall and skinny (ish?)

#183 Hauptmann Keg Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:15 AM

As far as IS Omnis go, the Hauptmann and the Strider have standard engines (and speedier Lights probably want XLs anyway). The Word of Blake's Celestial Omnis mostly have Light engines, but are so chock-full of Jihad-era tech that I doubt we're ever seeing them.

#184 Daemonara

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 92 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:34 AM

Some of you mentioned the Warhammer IIC, my wallet is scared of the day that machine will be released (along with the Rifleman IIC). I needs them so bad... Posted Image

#185 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:51 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 03 February 2018 - 03:48 AM, said:

it's bout time the IS got a few Omnis too. just so there's a bit of equality on the "not exactly sure what that mech could be carrying" front.

and before people whine about the "they're stuck with IS XLs" most IS Omnis where also known for being extremely well armored, tough, and quite a few were also pretty fast for their respective weight classes, which definitely would balance out the added vulnerabilty of being stuck with an IS XL, for instance, the IS Light Omni, the Raptor. 25 ton mech, prime variant carries three LRM5s, two MLas, Two SLas and two MGs, base max speed of roughly 120, and carries 3 and a half tons of of armor, which is equivalent to a clan Mist Lynx, which is the same weight and speed bracket as it, and they even have similar hitboxes. don't really see any problem with including it, and it'd be a pretty solid light choice.

View PostIdToaster, on 03 February 2018 - 05:15 AM, said:

As far as IS Omnis go, the Hauptmann and the Strider have standard engines (and speedier Lights probably want XLs anyway). The Word of Blake's Celestial Omnis mostly have Light engines, but are so chock-full of Jihad-era tech that I doubt we're ever seeing them.

There is also http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Men_Shen which might have Raven hitboxes and seems quite solid overall. As for Hauptmann, it still should not be any worse than Gojira and would be able to fit just about any conceivable loadout, so also a good choice. And Jihad-level tech should still come eventually, so the Celestials are still a possibility, if not now then perhaps next year.

#186 Temjin TJ

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 37 posts
  • LocationLancaster CA

Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:16 AM

Guys:
Well, I'm pulling the trigger and pre-ordering the Blood Asp. Posted Image
Sure she has bad points but this is 1 of my all time favorite mechs.
Fell in love with her on MechWarrior 4-Mercs, Mech Commander 2 and MA 2 Lone Wolf.
Nice how they was able to combine the one from TR 3060 and the one from MWLL.
Yes we are missing the trade mark "beak" but we gain a much better field of view.
It will be fun trying ballistics or missiles or lasers in the high mounts and sniping the enemy..
See you on the battlefield & have a good day.

#187 Marukage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 439 posts
  • LocationPlanet York / DD

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:02 AM

hi Guys
the 80t canis would have been a good alternative to the Bloodasp
www.sarna.net/wiki/Canis
it has even become from mektek to lore: D

kind regards

#188 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:05 AM

View PostSPNKRGrenth, on 02 February 2018 - 07:09 PM, said:

IS ER PPC: 13.5 heat, direct 10 damage, 4 second cooldown, 1900 velocity, 3 slots, 7 tons.
Clan ER PPC: 14.5 heat, direct 10 damage with 2.5 splash damage to either side, 5 second cooldown, 1500 velocity, 2 slots, 6 tons.

So the Clan EER PPC could have possible rough stats of say: 13.5/14 heat, 12 direct damage, 4 second cooldown, 1800/1900 velocity, 3 slots, 7 tons.

I was thinking more like;
14 heat, 4.5s cooldown, 1700 velocity

Maybe that's being over cautious, but cooldown, velocity and heat should be somewhere between the C-ERPPC & IS-ERPPC.

#189 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:15 PM

Not one of them has MASC ... aaaaaaaaaaand like that I´m out again .

#190 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:13 PM

Another assault we don't need.
Another not a Rifleman IIc.
Another not a balance/faction/game engine overhaul.
I'm finding less reasons to buy the next mech pack in general.

#191 Steel Claws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:39 PM

If we are on the subject of the next mech to add. Templar....

Posted Image

#192 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:51 PM

View PostSteel Claws, on 03 February 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

If we are on the subject of the next mech to add. Templar....

Posted Image

i would love to see the templar in mwo because i like the looks, but for what purpose? its basically just a slightly lighter Mauler, not really that ideal.

on the topic of the Blood Asp, it looks awesome but wont buy it bc i only rarely play clan and clan assaults for that matter. but i think its quite awesome that the prime, the best variant imo, is in the normal pack and not in the reinforcement package neither the hero variant.

#193 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:35 PM

View PostDont LRM me please, on 02 February 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

I think the head should be a but lower but still cool stuff. I'm always looking forward to fighting new mechs, as long as they don't completely overpower existing ones.

The Kodiak is not overpowered, it is actually very weak with a huge CT and clan ballistics kinds suck.

IT WAS...is more his point... it was THE clan OP assault for many months, then came the nerf herding, and now its merely better than a dire wolf. The clan ballistics were better at the time the Kodiak arrived as well.

#194 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:45 PM

Another gauss+energyvomit mech. Nice.
What will be nerfed this time?

#195 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:50 AM

View PostVXJaeger, on 03 February 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

Another gauss+energyvomit mech. Nice.
What will be nerfed this time?

Both, gausses and lasers of course, what do you expect will happen, Jaeger ^^

#196 BallSabre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 05:49 AM

I stared at the mech for a long time thinking "there is something wrong here"

and I finally got it!

The mech's legs are too straight! How many times has this happened already! Please fix before release PGI!

#197 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 07:00 AM

60° torso yaw anyone?

#198 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 07:05 AM

in before screams of OP.

BAS-A CT for ECM and JJ, BAS-A 6E on arms, 4B on high mounted side torso using BAS-D (or 2B using BAS-A if you're not shelling out for the reinforcements)

#199 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 07:25 AM

For IS Argus, Sunder, Avatar, Templar.
For clan Hellhound, Firemoth, Warhammer iic, Griffin iic, Shadowhawk iic.

#200 Steel Claws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:36 AM

View PostGenesis23, on 03 February 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

i would love to see the templar in mwo because i like the looks, but for what purpose? its basically just a slightly lighter Mauler, not really that ideal.

on the topic of the Blood Asp, it looks awesome but wont buy it bc i only rarely play clan and clan assaults for that matter. but i think its quite awesome that the prime, the best variant imo, is in the normal pack and not in the reinforcement package neither the hero variant.

There is quite a lot of differences between a Templar and a Mauler. Differences that would make, well a big difference.
  • The Templar is an Omnimech
  • The Templar can mount JJs
  • The Templar has a few variants equipped with ECM.
  • Its far more agile
  • Its much faster

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users