Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:31 PM

Navy (sea and space) combat.

#42 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:09 PM

What I'd like to see: Droves upon droves of well made custom campaigns/missions from all over BT history. Especially some "fight on the hull of a space station" scenario where you can zero-g walk all around the outside of the station. Other not-your-run-of-the-mill-base-assault/defense scenarios would be nice to have.

What I hope we won't see too much of: "My first mission" type flatgrass.map missions where you're tasked with destroying someones school or something. Which for some reason will be defended by a whole company with the briefing made up of "yo momma" jokes, hour long introduction of a bunch of mary sue lancemates and the worst fanfiction ever written.

Hopefully we won't have to comb through too big a haybale to find the needles.

Edited by Exilyth, 07 February 2018 - 04:09 PM.

#43 ROSS-128

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:25 PM

View PostExilyth, on 07 February 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

What I'd like to see: Droves upon droves of well made custom campaigns/missions from all over BT history. Especially some "fight on the hull of a space station" scenario where you can zero-g walk all around the outside of the station. Other not-your-run-of-the-mill-base-assault/defense scenarios would be nice to have.

What I hope we won't see too much of: "My first mission" type flatgrass.map missions where you're tasked with destroying someones school or something. Which for some reason will be defended by a whole company with the briefing made up of "yo momma" jokes, hour long introduction of a bunch of mary sue lancemates and the worst fanfiction ever written.

Hopefully we won't have to comb through too big a haybale to find the needles.

Refer to Sturgeon's Law.

Fortunately, we don't have to comb through said haybale with a salad fork anymore. That's what search engines are for.

#44 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:40 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 07 February 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:

PGI said they would support modding at mechcon. It was one of their talking points. They wanted to speak with modding teams or people experienced in modding to smooth over the process. I'm sure PGI realized that if a mod is popular, it means more sales of MW5 in the long run. Look at Fallout. Huge modding community. There's a running joke that what Bethesda breaks in development, Modders fix post launch. So I'm sure they're hoping for the same with MW5. Though admittedly doubt the modding community will be as big as Fallout modding community.

I'm only trying to stir a little interest and perhaps hear some interesting ideas.

PGi says many in the Years ...its like Disney and Star wars ..many Hypes and a Final product

im seeing here all modders thats make this great Mods ;) wishes is one side ...find the Guys with experience ,time and interests for it the other side ...

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 07 February 2018 - 07:41 PM.

#45 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:26 PM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 07 February 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

PGi says many in the Years ...its like Disney and Star wars ..many Hypes and a Final product

im seeing here all modders thats make this great Mods Posted Image wishes is one side ...find the Guys with experience ,time and interests for it the other side ...

We all know PGI's track record. As some other people have said. Unreal 4 is more easily modded than say Cryengine. Likely why PGI feels confident enough to add Coop. So I'm willing to bet part of the reason they announced modding is because it wouldn't be especially hard to implement and modders can make the game more appealing than PGI.

#46 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:07 PM

View PostGrus, on 07 February 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Navy (sea and space) combat.

This of course and also out of mech stuff. Mechs are the best but other stuff is good to. :)

#47 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:44 PM

1. Different weapon and equipment manufactures, which should effect how the items work and/or their stats
2. Quads
3. Jump Jets that are not hover jets
4. Vehicles that aren't total jokes to fight
5. More maps/tilesets, assuming PGI makes their system accessible enough

#48 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:56 AM

of Course the UE is more easliy as the Cryengine and have good Tools and Features

For each thats have interest to modding to build a mW5 Modding Com ...its give a great modding community by the unreal engine

https://forums.unrea...cussion/modding

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 08 February 2018 - 03:02 AM.

#49 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:04 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 07 February 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:

PGI said they would support modding at mechcon. It was one of their talking points. They wanted to speak with modding teams or people experienced in modding to smooth over the process. I'm sure PGI realized that if a mod is popular, it means more sales of MW5 in the long run. Look at Fallout. Huge modding community. There's a running joke that what Bethesda breaks in development, Modders fix post launch. So I'm sure they're hoping for the same with MW5. Though admittedly doubt the modding community will be as big as Fallout modding community.

I'm only trying to stir a little interest and perhaps hear some interesting ideas.

by Bethesda begun to build this modding Community beforer 20 Years! and Fallout or Skyrim good Games as RPG for Modding with strong Community..First we must see the Interest for MW5 as only singleplayergame with Coop and not open world and Real Multiplayer and the Quality of the Game ...AI..Scripted missions ...

By no good Game no modding interest

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 08 February 2018 - 03:07 AM.

#50 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

vehicles

Thinking about it: this screams racetrack to me.

#51 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:30 PM

YouTube videos in game mod. Gotta love motion capture. :)

Edited by Johnny Z, 08 February 2018 - 04:50 PM.

#52 DeimosEvotec

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:38 AM

A Mechwarrior Living Legends sequel, even if I have to do it myself.

#53 PhilTKaswahl

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 05:58 AM

Someone recreating the MW2 campaigns in the new engine.

#54 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 05:59 AM

Image enhancement...

#55 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:53 AM

View PostKhobai, on 06 February 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

didnt they make MWLL which was mostly successful till PGI had them shut down?

heavy gear was always doomed to fail, because heavy gear sucks

MW:LL is still alive and strong actually. Not sure who is doing what with it now but you can download and play it for free and they are keeping it updated.

As for Mods well for me I hope they can come up with a MW:LL mod that will allow multiplayer and port that game over to here with new, updated graphics hehe. Honestly I don't really understand why PGI didn't go for the MW:LL model when it made MWO especially when they were so very aware of it and how amazing it was. Also since it was a player made mode, they wouldn't even have to worry about copyright, they could have just took it and modified it without issue.

#56 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:39 PM

Stats and rules that go by the source and not some made up trash.
Example:
Free C3
Jesus box ecm
No indirect fire
Jesus box ECM
ghost heat
No repair rearm.
ETC.
Oh and jesus box ecm.

Edited by HammerMaster, 08 February 2019 - 12:47 PM.

#57 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 04:10 PM

ports of living legends maps
mechanics changes (living legends inspired)
moar weapons
moar robbits
quads

View PostAngel of Annihilation, on 08 February 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

MW:LL is still alive and strong actually. Not sure who is doing what with it now but you can download and play it for free and they are keeping it updated.

As for Mods well for me I hope they can come up with a MW:LL mod that will allow multiplayer and port that game over to here with new, updated graphics hehe. Honestly I don't really understand why PGI didn't go for the MW:LL model when it made MWO especially when they were so very aware of it and how amazing it was. Also since it was a player made mode, they wouldn't even have to worry about copyright, they could have just took it and modified it without issue.

i need to instal that before i fill up my ssd with stuff i dont need, like compilers, tool chains, cad packages, and other bs that i do with my rig that isnt gaming.

Edited by LordNothing, 08 February 2019 - 04:08 PM.

#58 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 08 February 2019 - 04:29 PM

I'll say it:

MW5:MECHASSAULT

Enemies drop power-ups/armour on death and their reactors go nuclear when destroyed.

#59 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:05 PM

I'm sincerely looking forward to a number of folk to put their money (more so time, effort and supposed talent) into creating something from nothing... Don't care if it's maps, mechs or assets.

Hell, I might have to dust off my 3D studioMAX... Posted Image

#60 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:07 PM

Without getting into mods I am actually going to make....

I would like to see fighting from the dropship, whether on a planet or in space.
If MW5 does not actually feature the one scene where the pilot(s) leave the dropship in some sort of port that appears to have a bar nearby...then I would like that nodded in.
Solaris7....based on Solaris 7 and not this lame bill shot PGI put in.

Mech mortars (becaus unless something similar is already in its too much work to "invent them" which is harder than "fixing" them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users