Posted 18 February 2018 - 02:49 AM

Ah here, 7 mechs for $30 , I'm in .

#102 Z01

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:17 AM

Hmmm. I am guessing that for Solaris arena maybe only hero or champion mech can then participate. Prepare to spend some real money or MC. Looking forward to this new game mode. Good work PGI 0>

#103 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:21 AM

View Postgh0s7m3rc, on 17 February 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

Unless the player wants to invest in the full Jump Jet Skill Tree, you might as well take only 1 JJ to prevent or minimize damage to the legs when falling to a lower level, in the case of the Banshee.

As for me, the only one I'm really interested in is the Urbie, but it might depend on the content of the upcoming FAQ.

It will also let you turn your mech mid fall.

#104 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:19 AM

Just when I thought the Banshee might finally get some love, PGI empties its bladder all over it again. Please PGI send a few of those arm energy hardpoints over to the RT.

#105 BMKA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 104 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChile

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:20 AM

View PostHammerMaster, on 16 February 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

Community /ignore
Wanna buy a mechpack!?
Dammit!

How am I supposed to vote with my wallet? At this price?

I know that feel bro :c

#106 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:49 AM

View PostZ01, on 18 February 2018 - 05:17 AM, said:

Hmmm. I am guessing that for Solaris arena maybe only hero or champion mech can then participate. Prepare to spend some real money or MC. Looking forward to this new game mode. Good work PGI 0>

No, they made some specific mention of non-hero variants.

These mechs are supposed to be some of the Solaris heroes. Not sure if they are from novels or a Solaris expansion that I'm not aware of.
They're not in the base record sheets though. Actually curious as to what they're specifically from.

----

That said.. I pulled the trigger on this one. Griffins with weapons on both arms, Banshees with weapons on arms (and one with jumpjets; still sad the original hero didn't get them) and and the Firestarter do it for me. Wonder what it counts toward for Annual rewards later on but it probably won't count toward anything major.

#107 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:41 AM

I'm re-reading the Warrior Trilogy (started yesterday), and Armstrong does pilot a Griffin designated Ares. However, it's only described as mounting the RT LRM pod and a RA PPC.

#108 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:06 AM

View PostJonathan8883, on 18 February 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

I'm re-reading the Warrior Trilogy (started yesterday), and Armstrong does pilot a Griffin designated Ares. However, it's only described as mounting the RT LRM pod and a RA PPC.

Two things to keep in mind; First is the Yen-Lo-Wang was true to canon and half the community thought it was boring so PGI has been taking artistic liberties for some designs to make the mechs worth the money. Second is that the game now takes place years after the original Mars, Widowmaker and Legend Killer took the battlefeild, many of these mechs are more designs inspired by the original legend.

#109 John Stryker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:57 AM

Wake me up when you make the SA-JG Juggernaut

#110 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:05 PM

I am sold . That's a fantastic deal . Very tempted

I will buy it for my IS account . Shame I Cannot stick the mad dog in my clan account .
Well even 6 out of seven hero mechs for 30 bucks is Okay . Ooh I never played an atlas , banshee and firestarter.

Edited by DarkFhoenix, 19 February 2018 - 11:14 PM.

#111 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 18 February 2018 - 02:04 PM

View PostSteel Raven, on 17 February 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

Actually that's where they have always been located on the 5S in canon
Posted Image

Unfortunately the arms are good for little more than shielding in MWO. Maybe the hard point will change like with the Partisan if we make enough noise, it wouldn't be the first time a artist took liberties with Vandergriff's mech.
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image You are right in the perspective you are raising. But in this 5S model the hit point of the missiles uses a box that enchants the shield. That yes was more correct to do but as the PGI malta does not like a job well done. He seized that misfortune.
The mech without the standard hit points were more beautiful now it pitiful to see. Posted Image Posted Image

#112 DFM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 261 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:44 PM

So, I get the un appealing look of this pack for guys who have been around for XX years.

I haven't been. So i'll break it down from a new player point of view.

We don't all have 900,000 GXP and 200M+ C-bills laying around. Or Mechbays out the wazoo from previous sales/unused mechs.

The grind for new players is real. Changing engines is stupid expensive, and changing builds around can either take forever, or cost more upfront than the purchase cost of the initial mech. Me personally, I have almost as many hero's as I do standard mechs. Some of them were "leftover" purchases, some were picked out by the kids. I run a hero, run a WIP, back to a hero, back to a WIP. Change classes to avoid longer wait times.

So let's see.

Atlas. Don't have one. So either spend 2-3 days grinding(well, less with this event going on...) to get one for C-bills. Other options? Spend $50 on MC to buy c-bills(IMO this is just as bad a deal as buying silver in another F2P game out there...) or spend $50 on the Atlas Bundle. Which also gets me PT, cockpit stuff, 3 mechs&Bays. So, not a "bad" deal at all, but really rather over the top to see if I like a chassis.

Rinse and repeat at various lesser monetary costs. Griffin bundle for $30, etc.

So is it a cash grab? I can see the answer to that being yes. That doesn't mean it doesn't hold a lot of value to new(er) players. Doesn't sound like there's exactly a surplus of existing players or players coming back in droves, so i'm failing to see how it's a bad thing.

#113 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:45 PM

Im so amazed and impressed by the mech options this pack has to offer. /s

Is there or will there be an option to buy the mechs individually because ive got two accounts and im definitely falling for the maddog (clan-account) and maddog only.

#114 DFM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 261 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:20 PM

One thing I can't seem to find is,

How long is the pre-order going to be available? There's no "early adopter" buy by X date in this one.

Basically, I need to know whether I'm gonna have to generate wife-aggro or can wait until next month?

Edited by DFM, 18 February 2018 - 04:21 PM.

#115 Commander Harrison

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:27 PM

View PostDFM, on 18 February 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

One thing I can't seem to find is,

How long is the pre-order going to be available? There's no "early adopter" buy by X date in this one.

Basically, I need to know whether I'm gonna have to generate wife-aggro or can wait until next month?

Since there is no early adopters bonus, we can assume the pre order will be available forever.

They should consider some pre order bonus though. Even if it's just some paint, extra decals. Whatever...which doesn't actually cost them anything.

#116 eggyh4ck99BarrelsAndRumAint1Yar

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:44 PM

Thank you PGI for Solaris 7, been waiting for thisPosted Image

#117 DFM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 261 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:10 PM

View PostCommander Harrison, on 18 February 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

They should consider some pre order bonus though. Even if it's just some paint, extra decals. Whatever...which doesn't actually cost them anything.

There is this stuff already, which is what I took as being similar to early adopter stuff.
  • 3 Warhorns featuring Taunts, Folly FX, and Crowd Reactions
  • 1 Boosted Standing Item that gives you 5% Accolades Boost (Premium Time will also grant a 5% Accolades boost)
  • 6 Solaris based “Sponsor Decals”

#118 Shinichi Yamamoto

• PipPip
  • Tai-i
  • Tai-i
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:31 PM

Since there is no early adopters bonus, we can assume the pre order will be available forever.

I'd rather say that the PRE-order lasts until they are available in-game. After that, the offer is completely off the table.

The pack itself IS the pre-order bonus. It would be silly to keep the pack available after it dropped. I guess it will be something exclusive like the Project Phoenix pack for example.

#119 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:34 AM

View PostKoniving, on 18 February 2018 - 08:49 AM, said:

No, they made some specific mention of non-hero variants.

These mechs are supposed to be some of the Solaris heroes. Not sure if they are from novels or a Solaris expansion that I'm not aware of.
They're not in the base record sheets though. Actually curious as to what they're specifically from.

----

That said.. I pulled the trigger on this one. Griffins with weapons on both arms, Banshees with weapons on arms (and one with jumpjets; still sad the original hero didn't get them) and and the Firestarter do it for me. Wonder what it counts toward for Annual rewards later on but it probably won't count toward anything major.

They're all from Solaris novels.

#120 Mumuharra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:52 AM

View PostDFM, on 18 February 2018 - 03:44 PM, said:

So, I get the un appealing look of this pack for guys who have been around for XX years.

I haven't been. So i'll break it down from a new player point of view.

We don't all have 900,000 GXP and 200M+ C-bills laying around. Or Mechbays out the wazoo from previous sales/unused mechs.

The grind for new players is real. Changing engines is stupid expensive, and changing builds around can either take forever, or cost more upfront than the purchase cost of the initial mech. Me personally, I have almost as many hero's as I do standard mechs. Some of them were "leftover" purchases, some were picked out by the kids. I run a hero, run a WIP, back to a hero, back to a WIP. Change classes to avoid longer wait times.

So let's see.

Atlas. Don't have one. So either spend 2-3 days grinding(well, less with this event going on...) to get one for C-bills. Other options? Spend $50 on MC to buy c-bills(IMO this is just as bad a deal as buying silver in another F2P game out there...) or spend $50 on the Atlas Bundle. Which also gets me PT, cockpit stuff, 3 mechs&Bays. So, not a "bad" deal at all, but really rather over the top to see if I like a chassis.

Rinse and repeat at various lesser monetary costs. Griffin bundle for $30, etc.

So is it a cash grab? I can see the answer to that being yes. That doesn't mean it doesn't hold a lot of value to new(er) players. Doesn't sound like there's exactly a surplus of existing players or players coming back in droves, so i'm failing to see how it's a bad thing.

Hi Archangel,

you are absolutely right.
For new players its a MUST to buy this pack.
Its so hard to grind these mechs (as non-heroes) that 30 $ (or 25 € for us Germans) is a steel.

And its so cheap that I realy fear the end of MWO is near (which I hope not).

Although I dont even want or need one of these mechs I am still tempted to buy them just because its a great package.

Have fun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users