Double Xp Event, Double Xp Conversion And Conversion Rewards!

49 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:39 AM

https://mwomercs.com...?t=201805convxp

#2 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:40 AM

FIRST!

#3 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:49 AM

Thank you for listening to us complaining in the other thread Matt, you're awesome.

#4 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:56 AM

While I definitely appreciate the double XP earned from games, the conversion rate is still obscenely expensive. You have a prize for 1,000,000 converted GXP.... even with the double XP conversion rate, that's 20,000 MC, or $80.00 worth if you're using the $100 MC package.

You'd have to be insane to convert GXP. Either that or just don't care about spending money.

#5 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:01 AM

Nice, I’ll take it!

#6 Bonfor

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:04 AM

Thank you! I just hope it's playable this weekend, as it looks like people are still experiencing mass disconnects on Grim and now Tourmaline.

#7 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:05 AM

Event is nice, the conversion rewards are ... sad, to put it mildly.
Last time the first reward was a warhorn, which was a nice reward for converting at least a few XP. A common supply cache is disappointing most of the time, paying to get an extra one is no incentive.

#8 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:41 AM

Hey, all... I'm glad to see another Event for those who can use it. :)

I do wish however, what with the Rewards being weakened as they are this time, that the meter would count BOTH Converted and Earned XP Amounts. It would give people a lot more reason to dive in, as things sit now. :unsure:

Although, one can only hope that Matt/Tina/etc. turned up the Frequency for the "Solaris City" Map, being that the other Challenge is still running? I might have finished, but that doesn't account for everyone else who had not! :wacko:

EDIT :: By the way, is that a Marik (or other bright) Purple and some White with an AppleJack Pattern on that Nova?

~D. V. "Not sure they're really going to get to use this Event, this time around..." Devnull

(p.s.: Just a disclaimer -- I won't be trying to attach an Event Review Rating to this Double XP Conversion. The range of opinion is always far too wide, and I'm not going to get picky over the in-game resource for skilling Mechs being boosted. As it stands, I might not get to take part anyway, with how I'm sensing my weekend is about to go!)

Edited by D V Devnull, 25 May 2018 - 10:44 AM.

#9 Skippynibble

• PipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:49 AM

Thank you much for this event. Maybe one day we can have a "
Russ has lost his mind" event and it can be 4x XP. Or a "Matt has made a typo" event 4x c-bills. Love the game but the mechs keep coming at a pace I can cannot keep up with.

#10 ilKhan_OrHan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:11 AM

Does the 2x XP bonus apply to earnings from Solaris and Community Warfare as well?

#11 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:32 AM

View PostilKhan_OrHan, on 25 May 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

Does the 2x XP bonus apply to earnings from Solaris and Community Warfare as well?

Along with Quick Play, it probably covers Community Warfare as well. Solaris is a Mode which I have no idea if it's included in the Double XP Event. :huh:

Oh, by the way, putting 'Like's on your own posts is generally frowned upon. Why, you ask? Because generally, the person posting should naturally like what they wrote. So, it looks trollish and atrocious to put a 'Like' on your own posting. -_-

~D. V. "Notes About Game Modes & Post 'Like' Etiquette" Devnull

[Edit by Post Author for a Missed Thought... Whoops!]

Edited by D V Devnull, 25 May 2018 - 11:34 AM.

#12 Leidulfr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:35 AM

LUL 20,000 MC...

At first I was like, "Oh, cool! Something I can use my never-touched 1,700,000+ XP for!" Then I saw the cost and the rewards for those costs. Who would spend that kind of money for random chances at cosmetic items when they can spend a fraction of that getting exactly what they want?

I mean, it's nice to get something for what you spend if you absolutely need the XP from the conversion itself, but if anyone has that much MC lying around, I'm betting they have zero need for XP; so, then, what thought went into the trivial rewards? Who's going to have that much MC lying around who would also need 1 million XP?

It makes no sense.

If anyone reading this does have a need for that much XP and is actually going to spend the MC to do so, I'm curious to know why/how it is that you need that much XP.

Edited by Leidulfr, 25 May 2018 - 11:38 AM.

#13 ilKhan_OrHan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:48 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 25 May 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

Along with Quick Play, it probably covers Community Warfare as well. Solaris is a Mode which I have no idea if it's included in the Double XP Event. Posted Image

Oh, by the way, putting 'Like's on your own posts is generally frowned upon. Why, you ask? Because generally, the person posting should naturally like what they wrote. So, it looks trollish and atrocious to put a 'Like' on your own posting. Posted Image

"probably" or definitely? You aren't very helpful.

I'll make sure I continue to like all my posts since you made an issue of it. You aren't the first, even if you all never learn. :D

#14 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:02 PM

Time to tank my stats getting that 2XP on a number of sub-CARRY HARDER mechs.

#15 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:14 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 25 May 2018 - 09:39 AM, said:

ATTENTION PGI --- The indicator for "Time Left" is NOT displaying properly. Can someone PLEASE put a Fix on that? :(

~D. V. "It's glaring at me... Augh!" Devnull

#16 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:25 PM

Yeah... No way am I spending MC to convert for GXP when those are the rewards, and they're that hard to get. If they were at a 1/10 scale, then maybe.

#17 HessianPeel

Rookie

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:29 PM

500 MC to get a Common and Uncommon Supply cache..? You can argue that it's just an "extra" bonus to the Extra XP and Extra XP conversion.. but no, that's just a **** prize.

#18 Lucky Noob

• The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:32 PM

first, Ty for the Event, i always love to have an Goal to play too.

Second, i woud love to have an Event where you get to Cumulate XP to earn something.

see ya all on the Field

Edited by Lucky Noob, 25 May 2018 - 12:33 PM.

#19 Orion ji

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:40 PM

shouldn't the amounts be switched? It shouldn't be more expensive per MC, it should be less.Posted Image

#20 tortcat

• PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:43 PM

so IF you did 50,000 xp I assume you would also get the rewards for the 2 lesser rewards also ( ie 3 crates for doing 50,000 xp)

I REALLY liked it when you gave bonus GXP when buying MC as fyi lso

OR does this mean if you do 5000 xp you get a crate and then you do another 5000 xp you get a crate etc etc? just curious

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users