76 replies to this topic

#41 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:23 PM

View PostGrus, on 17 July 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

The only thing that is evident from the video was people on the blue team knew to bug around the ECM carriers and because of that they took minimal damage... (also looks like this was group que) so I'll shittalk as I please good sir.

Already stated that it is FP, and it is pretty evident considering that after 12 kills on the enemy it didn't end. We had only 1 ECM FYI.

View PostLykaon, on 17 July 2018 - 10:10 PM, said:

So here is what I saw.

A premade team concentrating fire on targets.

The weapons used were LRMs and that means that the focus fire attacks were taking probably five to eight times longer to kill than a direct fire weapon would have.

Also...

There was a NARCing mech in play as well.

And an ideal map.

Let's see a video of a solo pug match on mining collective ? or Solaris city? maybe River city or Crimson Straight? heck a solo pug quick play match on any map.

That very same team on the the same map with the LRM drop deck would have been halted dead in their tracks if there were any concentration of AMS on the enemy team. 1 AMS per mech would have shut them down.

And what buff? The tiny improvement of heat efficency at the cost of increased spread for clan missiles and you seemed to have either not noticed or failed to mention the AMS buffs.

The "buff" looks more like a net nerf to me.

Teir 4 perspective as well.

The opposition was a premade team of 12 too. They simply lost their narcer while we had a backup narcer. I would like to see you try direct fire weapons at targets that you cannot see, and where poking out from a ridge gets you deleted almost instantly from lurms.

Hell I would like to see you try lurming on Solaris City. Of course we are lurming on a ******* ideal map. Considering that PGI likes to nerf outliers like DS and BAS due to their 94 alpha, why don't they nerf lurms because they are overperforming in instances such as this (not forgetting Alpine and Caustic).

I would like you to read the whole of the thread instead of jumping to conclusions based on the initial post. It is a nett buff to lurms when you factor in skill nodes, unless a pleb like you runs an unskilled mech.

Tier 4 perspective? Yet another QP pleb jebaited by my tier. Come knock on the doors of FP and I'll show you how a T4 plays.

#42 creativeabyss

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:54 AM

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/284928694

This is funny to me.

#43 Archbishop Six

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:45 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 18 July 2018 - 04:02 AM.
unconstructive, discussing moderation, circumventing moderation

#44 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:47 AM

Well my first (tier 1) quickplay match on the new patch was Polar Highlands and it looked pretty much exactly like the clip. Joyful times.

Edited by Mister Maf, 18 July 2018 - 01:47 AM.

#45 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 July 2018 - 02:41 AM

Hi Chris,

this is what a lrm FP match looked like before yesterdays patch. I can only recommend you to re-think your balance approach.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/285760214?collection=BfiMLkQyQhWCGA

#46 PJohann

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 52 posts
  • LocationSoviet Union

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:14 AM

Let's see a video of a solo pug match on mining collective ?

right here. with foot. before all recent buffs. :V

#47 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:55 AM

damn juju aims better with his feet than most potatos

#48 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:06 AM

View PostLykaon, on 17 July 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

I didn't realize that crabs suddenly sucked when being used for purposes other than twin AMS...

Honestly, as a FP mech, the crab leaves a lot to be desired outside a few specific roles. The common crab build is 2 AMS, 5 Medium Pulse. If you're playing on a long range map, you need ER Lasers to counter clan ER Lasers. Every crab you take reduces your Battlemaster count, which you kinda need. You can't afford to have 3 players sit there and be useless while you're engaging at 1 KM away, and charging into clan laser fire is a good way to get dead.

Point is, IS ER Lasers and Clan ER Lasers were dominant strategies, and felt balanced. Now LRM strats are shaking it up, and clanners have a bit of an advantage there in that more of their mechs have ECM, and more of their mechs can mount multiple AMS with decent ranged weapons. A 50 ton clan Nova can do triple AMS with 2-3 ER Larges, so it can provide decent AMS coverage while putting some decent ranged firepower out that a Crab cannot do (no IS mech without the 10% energy range quirk can compete with clan range).

#49 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:27 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 17 July 2018 - 06:42 PM, said:

At 800 meters in Polar, without exposing oneself to return fire? Good luck trying to find an alternative. Posted Image

All this needs to work is to have a a good Narcer, and the enemy team is not in fast brawlers. Sure DF weapons are better than LRMs in general, but in niche situations, LRMs do far better job.

6xerll SNV. AC2 Anni. Deathstrike. The LRM option input works if teammates are being exposed to return fire.

#50 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:07 AM

So here is what I saw.

A premade team concentrating fire on targets.

The weapons used were LRMs and that means that the focus fire attacks were taking probably five to eight times longer to kill than a direct fire weapon would have.

Also...

There was a NARCing mech in play as well.

And an ideal map.

Let's see a video of a solo pug match on mining collective ? or Solaris city? maybe River city or Crimson Straight? heck a solo pug quick play match on any map.

That very same team on the the same map with the LRM drop deck would have been halted dead in their tracks if there were any concentration of AMS on the enemy team. 1 AMS per mech would have shut them down.

And what buff? The tiny improvement of heat efficency at the cost of increased spread for clan missiles and you seemed to have either not noticed or failed to mention the AMS buffs.

The "buff" looks more like a net nerf to me.

Teir 4 perspective as well.

I have a stream video somewhere of me doing 1780 in a lrm boat with no backup weapons, solo pug in quickly with no narc, getting my own locks on canyon network, so not the best lrm map, but an ok one. Will post it when i get home

Edited by C H E E K I E Z, 18 July 2018 - 08:09 AM.

#51 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:11 AM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 18 July 2018 - 08:07 AM, said:

I have a stream video somewhere of me doing 1780 in a lrm boat with no backup weapons, solo pug in quickly with no narc, getting my own locks on canyon network, so not the best lrm map, but an ok one. Will post it when i get home

I've had regular games over 1k damage consistently with LRMboating. A number of games over 1600dmg now - and that is AFTER the torso/arm damage reduction. These would be 2k+ matches 2 months ago as there is always 2-3 torso destructions a match if not more.

Just sillyness.

#52 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:01 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 18 July 2018 - 07:27 AM, said:

6xerll SNV. AC2 Anni. Deathstrike. The LRM option input works if teammates are being exposed to return fire.

The narcer/s exposes oneself only briefly when narcing. From the matches I have been in, Snipers using ERLL/AC2 do a very bad job of killing the narcer before it narcs half the team.

#53 S O L A I S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 390 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:52 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 18 July 2018 - 07:06 AM, said:

Honestly, as a FP mech, the crab leaves a lot to be desired outside a few specific roles....

People who don't play CW regularly don't understand that it is not easy to just apply a strategy. 12 er large Crabs would be stupid bad and would make any team running it in danger of losing to pugs.

Have done assassin rushes and crabs also and it only works as a tonnage swap or when you catch people off guard, oh or if the enemy is terrible which also occurs a good deal in CW.

#54 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 10:30 PM

View PostS O L A I S, on 18 July 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

People who don't play CW regularly don't understand that it is not easy to just apply a strategy. 12 er large Crabs would be stupid bad and would make any team running it in danger of losing to pugs.

Have done assassin rushes and crabs also and it only works as a tonnage swap or when you catch people off guard, oh or if the enemy is terrible which also occurs a good deal in CW.

Nowadays with the lack of big units in FP it is hard to pull off simple strategies such as pushes, and almost impossible to pull off mech specific pushes save for the ASN. These days premades are formed from many different units and usually act in a match based on playing experience and not via dropcalls.

#55 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 July 2018 - 11:58 PM

That's because 12mans of randos, who simply play the game as SoloQ but in a group, are incapable of doing so.

There are a number of Solo players it there that I know are good, but will never invite them to a group because they are selfish and won't follow a team plan/share armour/move with the team etc.

It's super easy to pull off even a hap hazard organised strat... But yeah a bunch of 12 doing their own thing is often only marginally better than a PUG group be ause no one wants to call or be organised.

#56 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 02:07 AM

Without the narc the lerms would been far less effective in dat video.

Good narcers narc the ecm enemy first and can 360 degree no scope jump narc some fool @650 metes

Indirect game play at its finest.

#57 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 19 July 2018 - 04:50 AM

I got stuck in a LRMtardery FP match on Polar yesterday.

I quit right after it.

The enemy team had every right to play and win that way. However, I find it completely boring and uninteresting. So I went and played something fun instead.

#58 DisasterTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 371 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 02:18 PM

Remove the Narc and Tag from the game and I'd be ok with this. Those two make the new LRM changes OP as fudge.

#59 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 19 July 2018 - 03:31 PM

View PostTWIAFU, on 16 July 2018 - 03:57 AM, said:

Funny AF to watch the enemy side sit there and let you lerm them, potatoes in a barrel.

Easy to smash potatoes that are a bunch of unorganized cowards.

Easy to smash potatoes that do not or can not prepare for lermtards on the lermtard map.

Of course everyone blames lerms, right or wrong, when it looks like the enemy did zero to counter the inevitable spam.

More to the underlying issues then just lermtards.

Lerms OP when facing spuds and teamwork OP when you turn the tables on them.

It's almost ironic that the people on this very forum and Twitter in particular, who have constantly complained about getting rekt by pin point builds, are now the same players getting rekt by significantly better players running their potato launchers. It's great for a laugh personally.

LRM's were never awful in team play so long as you committed to coordinating, however they were not optimal for killing enemies. But they are downright cancerous in solo play because the average player does not know how to utilize them properly and expects the rest of their team to retain locks for them. Standing at the back and not positioning makes them completely ineffective, which is why assaults with LRM's are absolutely useless.

#60 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 19 July 2018 - 07:17 PM

Lol **** this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users